The Adventure Begins...

load previous
Nov 3, 2020 3:42 pm
OOC:
My apologies for taking so long. It's been a busy month with hurricanes and the election and the pandemic.
Exploring the Greenbelt, you come into a small glade. There is a sharp click and Cassiel barely lifts his foot in time to avoid the bear-trap snapping shut on his leg! The cunningly-hidden trap was very nearly invisible beneath the grass and leaves and the incident leaves you to wonder how many other traps might be in this area.
OOC:
If you desire, you can spend the day looking for and flagging or deactivating these traps. If this is your decision, please make a Perception check.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Nov 9, 2020 1:44 am
OOC:
one Perception check coming up.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Dec 3, 2020 2:17 pm
OOC:
Apologies. Been ungodly busy of late. I'll make every effort to get something up today.
Dec 4, 2020 6:21 pm
It takes the better part of the day, but Cassiel and Happs manage to disable all the traps in the area (dozens of them). At one point, Happs suffers some bad luck when a tree loses its load of apples onto his head, but he is uninjured save for his pride. It is then that he takes Cassiel aside and whispers, "I think I may know what is going on with the strange happenings of late. This could be the work of mischievous fey. I've heard that offering them gifts may appease them."
Dec 24, 2020 9:22 pm
Cassian listens intently to what Happs has to say. What kind of gifts would you suggest using?
Dec 24, 2020 10:20 pm
"I've heard that they like jewelry, potions, sugary foods, and alcohol. It's worth a try, wouldn't you say?"
Dec 30, 2020 3:47 pm
Looking around at their surroundings, Cassian considers an idea. Do you think some apples will work?
Jan 11, 2021 8:49 pm
"It's a start, I guess. We might want to offer up some alcohol, though, and maybe a few low-value gems. They like shiny things, I hear."
Jan 19, 2021 2:33 am
Good idea, let's try it out. Cassian says out to gather the items for the offering.
Jan 29, 2021 2:57 am
The pair of you gather up a small pile of cheap jewelry and some alcohol and bring them into a small glade. With the "trap" baited, you set aside to wait. Your patience is rewarded after a few hours with the sound of movement from within the glade. There, you see two figures; one is a tiny dragon with butterfly wings. The other is a tiny person with the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a cricket. They are trying on the jewelry and drinking the wine and have not yet seen you.
Feb 1, 2021 4:03 pm
Cassian let's the creatures examine the offering for a few moments. Slowly stepping into the clearing, he keeps his hands away from his weapons.

Excuse me, I hope you like our offering.
Feb 1, 2021 11:38 pm
The small dragon looks up in surprise but does not appear startled. "Hullo. I am Perlivash. This is Tyg-Titter-Tut," he says, motioning with his tail to the small woman-cricket. She is consuming wine and waves without looking up. "Thank you for being such good sports," he continues. "Are you here to kick out the mean bigginses?"
Feb 3, 2021 4:06 pm
I am...Ive been charged with clearing the area out. What can you tell me about them? Are there any other trouble makers in the area?
Feb 7, 2021 6:25 pm
"No other troublemakers aside from mean bigginses, but good bathing place here," the dragon says, indicating a point on your map.

"Don't forget the bigginses haunted place!" Tyg-Titter-Tut sings out.

"I getting to that," the dragon replies, somewhat edgily. He points to another place on your map. "Ruins of the bigginses here. Is a very haunted place. And bigginses camp is here," he says with finality, marking the campsite on your map.

"You be careful with mean bigginses. There be two hands many and leader, mean bigginses lady." the dragon holds up two clawed hands, each with four fingers.

"Sounds about right," Happs confirms. "The 'mean lady' would be Kressel and, assuming they've not lost anyone else, there should be nine in total, counting her. Kressel is a monster with her twin hand axes. We'll need to be very careful with her. If they're expecting us, we'll be in for a fight."

[b]he map has been updated.
Feb 11, 2021 3:01 pm
Cassian nods his head as he listens to the dragon. I thank you for your help. Would you be willing to look for more trouble spots? All you have to do is let me know if you find anymore.

Looking at the map and thinking about what Happ told him, Cassian speaks to the former bandit. We may need more help when we go for the camp. I don't see how the two of us can tackle it by ourselves.
Feb 13, 2021 7:33 pm
"I agree," Happs says, suppressing a shudder.
Feb 18, 2021 4:24 pm
Looking at Happs, Cassian finalizes the plan. Let's head back to Oleg's and speak to the others. We'll finalize our plans there.

Turning back to his new friends, Cassian smiles and poses a question. Would you be willing to help us out some more? Could you keep an eye on the camp, and when you attack, could you play some tricks on the bad guys?
Feb 18, 2021 5:15 pm
"If you gettin' rid of mean bigginses, we help. We not fight, but we play tricks on them," the dragon replies.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.