OOC discusion thread

load previous
Sep 20, 2021 1:47 am
Quote:
Well, if you want to go back to your plan of working with the company, all it take is a single individual there who doesn't act like a sociopath and actually care to talk :)
Well, you were on the floor of the combat-hungry security guards. There was going to be a suspicious fellow who will try to cut you guys a deal. But now the company will be a hostile group anyways.
Sep 20, 2021 2:02 am
RoAries says:
Quote:
Well, if you want to go back to your plan of working with the company, all it take is a single individual there who doesn't act like a sociopath and actually care to talk :)
Well, you were on the floor of the combat-hungry security guards. There was going to be a suspicious fellow who will try to cut you guys a deal. But now the company will be a hostile group anyways.
Make sense. Reeve is a pretty straightforward guy though, so he has little patience for suspicious guys (or monsters) playing at untrustworthy deals and politics in general. So its probably a good thing we don't go working with them.

At the moment, Reeve's plan is to knock the captain and aides out, grab our stuff and get out the building. Could be from the front door or go to the roof and float down with his other cypher.

After that, he'd probably run back to town to the place they were sleeping to see if the others were there or left a message.

In the longer term, he'll consider researching for a way back home. He tried doing it the way of this world, but it didn't lead anywhere. They were only supposed to scout anyway, so he already as enough info to return with.
Sep 25, 2021 9:41 am
Quote:
Reeve, small reminder, you could try to fight in different ways. But it is ok if you are still intent on being a pugilist.
What different ways are you suggesting? Reeve is not really built for unarmed combat but I am not aware of better options at the moment.
Last edited September 25, 2021 9:42 am
Sep 28, 2021 10:10 pm
I mean possibly stealing a weapon. I'm now open-ish to taking weapons that the enemy is using if they seem better.
Sep 29, 2021 12:53 am
Mechanic wise, my understanding is that light attack with wreck and effort are better at close range that stealing a light or medium size gun. Since all light/medium weapon have the same damage, using the wreck move make it better than a medium weapon with no moves.

Might be different with the experimental weapons though and it would definitely be different if I had the great sword or a heavy ranged which Reeve would be trained with.
Sep 29, 2021 4:11 pm
What about sundering the radioactive weapons? What kind of roll would that requires?

Or disarming first maybe?
Oct 8, 2021 5:18 am
Sorry for the delays. I'll try to get back to posting here.

I'll have sundering weapons to be an attack move with +3 steps to difficulty. The weapon will normally be unusable, but sometimes might be usable with lowered efficency or explodes upon damage.

I'll have stealing the weapon have the same difficulty modification, and knocking away held weapons/items shall be +2 steps instead.

Would this be fine?
Oct 8, 2021 11:34 am
Sure.

Question: should we consider calling this game quits by now?
Oct 8, 2021 12:42 pm
I'm okay with the pauses, as the end of the year gets closer as a whole on the site it'll only get slower for activity.
Oct 8, 2021 1:17 pm
We've certainly had a few pauses. It is the normal.
Oct 8, 2021 3:49 pm
Qralloq says:
We've certainly had a few pauses. It is the normal.
I guess I'm just too unfamiliar with this system and I keep having to reread the rules I forget during the pauses :p
Oct 15, 2021 5:03 am
Sorry about all the pauses. I am kind of nervous about reading back the thread and getting mentally ready. I suppose I could mark as unread, but I may forget. Some other games is easier than others. I don't know if any of you have similar feelings of being not mentally ready to read and make posts?

Also, sorry TheVagrant if I have made the experience troublesome with this.
If anyone have suggestions, let me know.
Oct 15, 2021 11:43 am
I can definitely relate to that. Mental energy is not an infinite resources like some people like to believe.

One of the things that helps for me is giving myself permission for not posting. Maybe a few weeks official break would help you come back to a place where there is more enjoyment than discomfort about posting here?

The other thing I found help in my little bit of experience GMing in PBP is to occasionally fast-forward out of some scene that get bogged down in rolls or players indecesiveness. PBP doesn't offer easy way to deal with those situations and I little well intentioned railroading can go a long to keep the game focused on the more fun part :)
Oct 15, 2021 12:52 pm
I agree with TheVagrant. If you're not really engaged, excited to see what happens, then maybe it's time to take a purposeful break. Set a note in your calendar for a few weeks down the road.

I'm also fine with much more railroading in PBP than I'd accept at the table.
Oct 15, 2021 1:06 pm
Hmm, I see.

I want to also ask once Reeve's combat is over, on whether you guys would prefer that future combat encounters might be handled by a few skill rolls instead of round by round attrition? How it might handled, could be discussed.
Oct 15, 2021 3:45 pm
There is probably some fight that deserves to be done round by round but maybe not all.

When some of the players are not engaged equally or when the fight is less relevant to the story, I wouldn't mind going with fewer rolls.
Oct 15, 2021 4:20 pm
I'm up for whatever but I would like to know when to check back in. As for combat rounds versus more freeform originally the system was more about discovery then combat though before house rules so pre houserules combat didn't really matter that much since it didn't progress you any and yes I realize it's ironic I'm playing a prior assassin.
Oct 16, 2021 4:49 am
It's now come to thinking how the heck I could lead Reeve to join up with the group...
Oct 16, 2021 7:06 am
RoAries says:
It's now come to thinking how the heck I could lead Reeve to join up with the group...
Depends mostly what direction you feel like going after this.

If he escape, both group might find there way back to the place they were sleeping.

If you want to use the company storyline again, then a rival company would have monitored the situation and reached to the group for an offer.

There is the supernatural route where a powerful entity pull the group to another dimension or somewhere in this one. One of the dragons, or a third party yet unknown.

The police-equivalent authority could pick them up for reckless driving/running/breaking and entering or any other part of the commotion and the group end up in the same overnight cell :P
Nov 4, 2021 6:15 pm
I am not doing well now. I may take 1 or 2 week to post again.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.