OOC discusion thread

load previous
Feb 17, 2021 12:27 am
Spending 4 xp for effort 3

Reaching Tier 3 (Move: Resilience, Trained Heavy ranged weapons, Cypher x3)

Spending 4 xp (+3 might pool, +1 speed pool)
Mar 3, 2021 6:39 pm
I would like to suggest fast forwarding toward a full party story arc. Maybe about trying our first real translation?
What do you all think?
Mar 3, 2021 7:12 pm
One sec just have to assassinate some spartan angel NCO with his squad. Xq... Unsure about Rune
Mar 3, 2021 7:24 pm
It's been a New York minute since we've done much. I think a montage right into some action would be the best thing ever.
Mar 3, 2021 7:31 pm
I would love to fastforward to where I meet up with the rest of you guys.
Mar 4, 2021 6:52 am
Alright, then I'll push more to that direction now. That would mean Ash may not be present for the earlier part.
Mar 4, 2021 1:08 pm
I'm okay with that nothing like a paradox jumping in from a rabbit hole and pulling out a dagger.
Mar 6, 2021 9:43 am
Just want to let you all know, I'm now trying to work with the rules suggested. When rolling for npc vs npc, I'll roll for ally, and difference in level will alter step accordingly.
Mar 20, 2021 6:13 am
If you rolled and got Nat 19 or 20, can you also help me with sharing what minor or major effect you want that is resulted from it?

Example of Major effects: Effort is refunded, or target suffers disadvantage for the encounter.
Example of Minor Effects: Target suffers disadvantage for the round.

I'm open to suggestions for relevant custom effects.
Mar 29, 2021 2:04 pm
Spending points to take a skill in monster hunting in the Hub. This advances me to Tier 4
Apr 6, 2021 6:34 am
The new player says they will be leaving now. So because of that, I'll set it up as they are either killed off, or at least their situation is kept vague.
Apr 20, 2021 2:28 pm
How are things here? I am just checking, as usually you guys manage to post rather quick. It's party's turn btw.
Apr 20, 2021 3:30 pm
I'm kind of waiting for people to do stuff for the misdirect to act.
Apr 20, 2021 5:02 pm
Sorry, I need to reread all the optional and normal to probably move and attack a monster but I keep procrastinating. I'm also unsure how to pick/describe the target since there is no visual yet.

I'll try something and please correct me if I get it wrong.
Apr 20, 2021 5:12 pm
Spending 4 xp for +1 speed edge.
Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am
I have updated the optional actions. It should be clearer and less punishing now.
Apr 28, 2021 10:26 am
Spending XP on +1 Int Edge
Jul 11, 2021 5:57 pm
4 xp on +1 effort
4 xp on Trained Intimidation
Reaching Tier 4
Aug 2, 2021 1:59 pm
So, I am wondering, are we gonna be able to translate between worlds at some point?

Becoming exterminators seemed like an interesting direction, but I feel quite uninspired by randomly letting ourselves be captured just to escape losing all the progress we did to integrated with the dark world society and improving beyond the staring equipment.
Aug 2, 2021 4:45 pm
To translate we'd need a key focal point to jump to, at least three people since a slide is not for the faint of heart, and that's if you don't screw up the rolling to open a recursion, jump through, acclimate into new bodies. It's fun in context but can have horrific consequences so it's kinda of a random.

I was under the impression they have exterminators since people jump to this recursion for various reasons, most can be considered hostile and dead set on taking control of a location, resources, etc. hence why they have a need for exterminators.

The people confining us, I thought at least, were definitely not the people we licensed with, hopefully not the dragon 'god's' organization.

Equipment in cypher system in general besides gear/tools for an asset has always been kinda in the background I've found. Sick looking two handed big ax has the same purpose as the street stop sign when you get to swinging, as it meets Light, Normal, Heavy or pierce, crush, slash (I forget if there's another kind here for damage type... Energy?) it's kinda more flavor than anything since.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.