Mission 1(The Raid):

load previous
Mar 18, 2020 8:11 pm
"Not sure. Miscreants stole food from our village. Folks are stabbing. We're stealing it back. Can't see how discussing it ends up other than us continuing on continuing on."
Mar 18, 2020 8:46 pm
"Well first, its gonna be hard continuing on if I have to beat you up and, second, I don't care about the food, its a specific chest I'm charged with bringing back. Sooo... you can try your luck with that arrow or we can negotiate my friend." Reeve somehow managed to look casual and ready for fighting at the same time.
Mar 18, 2020 9:34 pm
"Chime in any time, Ash." Gabrien doesn't relish this fight, but isn't willing to just give in to random demands.
Mar 19, 2020 1:29 am
"I didn't kill his comrades but they did kill and steal not stopping for someone who glances over things if he can prove it's not stolen I slow down, if it does not belong where I end up I'll bring it back." counter offers not slowing down.
Mar 19, 2020 1:55 am
"You're saying food was stolen, how about you leave with the food and leave the rest with me?" Reeve's finger start tapping impatiently on his sword pummel as he sees the distance between him and the chest growing.
Mar 19, 2020 2:01 am
Gabrien backs away, following after Ash. "I'm thinking no. Look, we got no bag with you, Reeve. Why don't you come back with us. There are people, not just squirrels or whatever you're spending time with. What ya say?"
Mar 19, 2020 2:29 am
Reeve answer in a soft voice, mostly to himself, before running after the two men. "Well, now I know why the monsters won the war."

Once he catches up, he'll fight for the loot.
Mar 19, 2020 2:16 pm
OOC:
Is this the plan, RoAries? PVP?

Gabrien fires. "Ash, get ready to fight he's coming in hard."

Rolls

Bow attack, effort for damage = 6 damage - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Initiative (Trained in Initiative actions) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Mar 19, 2020 3:32 pm
OOC:
Faction with benefits is assisting Ash, no claims for rightful proof of ownership and again sidestep of murder so yeah Ash is going with the logical route you've know him for long enough he's pretty straight laced on things.
Mar 20, 2020 6:17 am
OOC:
Oof, I did not intend pvp. However, it may have to go this way in character, unless I properly think of things.

For now, I'll have you roll initiative and act your turn order from highest to lowest. To pace it out, when each of you finish your turns, please hold off the next round unless I say so. Ash and Reeve are next to each other, and Gabrien is short range away.
Mar 20, 2020 6:42 am
OOC:
A few punches might get them talking more easily. Reeve has no intention to kill them and, hopefully, they'll also want to talk before killing him :P

How does attack and defense rolls works in pvp?

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Mar 20, 2020 10:25 am
OOC:
Oh yeah, you're right. This system does not intend for pvp, but I'll say that rolling for defense and attack should do it. If attack is equal to defense, then it hits. I'll have it round down to the nearest step, or multiple of 3.
Mar 20, 2020 10:35 am
OOC:
No, let's not do this. The PC tie works here.
"Wait! I'm sorry Reeve, I almost hit you! Look, I owe you my life. If it's something you'll fight for, then it's important to you. I respect that. Take the chest and go."

Rolls

Trained in Initiative Actions - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Mar 20, 2020 11:17 am
OOC:
Guess I'll roll.

Rolls

Init - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Mar 20, 2020 3:54 pm
OOC:
Seems Reeve is first in init
As Reeve was charging for Ash and the cart, he kept an eye on Gabrien, fully expecting an arrow to come flying his way. When Gabrien called out instead of attacking, Reeve also switched target. He instead grab the cart Ash was pushing to forcibly stop it.

Rolls

Might roll - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Mar 22, 2020 2:15 am
OOC:
I'm going to do this as a homebrew. Ash will roll for might as well to see who wins.
Also, I thought Gabrien have rolled initiative. Are you trying to retcon your action?
Mar 22, 2020 2:23 am
OOC:
No, I'm not retconning anything. You called for initiative after I rolled to hit, which I rolled semi-poorly. If you want to get Reeve to roll defense first, I'll edit my post if I actually hit.
Mar 22, 2020 2:32 am
OOC:
In case its needed.

And even if Gabrien speak after letting the arrow loose, Reeve's action stays the same :)
Last edited March 22, 2020 2:34 am

Rolls

Speed defense and armor 3 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Mar 24, 2020 1:31 pm
Reeve manages to dodge out of the way of Gabrien's arrow.
OOC:
To keep the flow steady, turn order is Reeve, then Gabrien and Ash. Ash has a choice to resist Reeve's push with a might roll for his turn, or he may try to do something else.
Mar 26, 2020 12:07 pm
OOC:
My apologies interesting week round here. o.0

Rolls

Might check I guess - (1d20)

(2) = 2

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.