OOC thread

load previous
Jan 24, 2020 6:45 pm
Aldrusian says:
I was way past school when I started playing D&D in 1978. Once I read the book I got up in church at announcement time and invited anyone who wanted to play to talk to me after services. I got 3 couples to join me right away. I've never looked back since. Now it's time to relive those good old days. And, no my church was not Satanic, it was Unitarian.
A Unitarian! :) Oh, how we should have a discussion some other time on that. :) Good stuff.
Jan 24, 2020 10:06 pm
Here's my character background. If you still need more, just let me know.

http://www.anglerstats.com/chars/ecek_background.pdf
Jan 25, 2020 12:26 am
I will wait a bit to present my character until I learn a little more about the world in which we find ourselves.
Jan 25, 2020 1:12 am
[ +- ] Noctra Luna Character Sheet
Last edited January 26, 2020 8:34 pm
Jan 25, 2020 3:44 am
A true work of art dominion451 now just give me some time to read up on those supplements. And all you need is a background, to help me get her to Barovia.
Jan 25, 2020 4:20 am
Thanks! Background coming up...
Jan 25, 2020 4:23 am
I tried to download a pdf of the Curse of Strahd but could not for some reason. I'm always having that kind of trouble. So, I still don't know where we will be adventuring.
Jan 25, 2020 4:30 am
That's 5th edition but you can have any edition you want...

The Eye - D&D
Jan 25, 2020 6:19 am
You don't need to know Barovia for your background, just the opposite. You start out in your home plane and end up in Barovia trying to get home.

Note: I have read Ecek's Background and will have some minor items to give him over the weekend.
Jan 25, 2020 6:33 pm
kbranden says:
Here's my character background. If you still need more, just let me know.

Ecek Thalgorn background
I really like the way you presented your background as a conversation between two people connected to Ecek rather than as exposition. Well done.
Jan 25, 2020 7:38 pm
Since there is some mention made in the Curse of Strahd of Barovia being from a forgotten world in the D&D multiverse, I thought I'd have my character come from somewhere in the Forgotten Realms. He overheard someone talking about an abbey in a village called Krezk that had been overrun by evil. He asked how he could find this Krezk and was told he should first find Madam Eva. She had a wagon somewhere on the edge of town.

As a dwarven Cleric he would worship Moradin.
Jan 25, 2020 7:52 pm
Background posted on my character sheet. Let me know if this link works for you...

Noctra Luna character sheet
Jan 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Here is a Google doc of the background in case you cant access my sheet until it is submitted...

Noctra Luna's background
Jan 25, 2020 8:20 pm
Gold roll
OOC:
120 gold pieces
Last edited January 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Rolls

Gold Pieces - (3d6)

(435) = 12

Jan 25, 2020 8:48 pm
[ +- ] Halfling Thief
Last edited January 25, 2020 8:48 pm
Jan 26, 2020 12:30 am
[ +- ] Dwarven Cleric
Fable Stonewhelm
Alignment: Good
Class: Cleric
Race: Dwarf
Level: 3
AC: 13
HP: 12
AB: +2

ABILITIES
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Wisdom: 16
Dexterity: 9
Constitution: 9
Charisma: 10

SAVING THROWS:

Poison/Death Magic: 10+4 = 14
Petrification/Polymorph: 13+4 = 17
Magic Wand: 11+4 = 15
Breath Weapon: 15+3 = 18
Spells: 14+0 - 14

Languages: Common, Dwarven
Special Skills: Darkvision - 60'
detect slanting passageways, traps, shifting walls and new
construction on 1-2 of a d6
Bonus to saving throws

Starting Gold: 40
Equipment: Warhammer 4gp 6# d6 dmg
Leather Armor 20gp 15# AC 13
Large Sack 1gp
Belt pouch 1gp
Common Clothing 4gp 1#
4 days Rations 6gp 8#
Waterskin 1gp 2#
Remaining Wealth: 3gp

XP: 3000
Next Lvl XP: 6000

Spells: 2 spells at 1st level
Cure Light Wounds cures d6+1
Remove Fear works on one person by touch

BACKGROUND

Fable was raised in a part of the world that men called The Spine of The World. There were several clans in the area dealing in the mining of gemstones and ore, the smelting of metals and the quarrying and shaping of stone. Fable's clan specialized in the carving of stone into fine artwork. Fable, himself, worked in the rough hewing of very large statues. The fine finishing work was done by masters while Fable was merely a worker. Of course, he was more than that. He had received a calling to work on behalf of Moradin, the god of all the dwarves

It was well into his 20th year as a journeyman that the clans met and determined it would benefit all the clans to begin trade with the humans. Travelers returned to the delvings with stories of man's desire to possess dwarven made weapons and objects of metal as well as beautifully wrought gems and masterfully cut stone for building. Those travelers where followed by small tradesmen and tinkerers with human wares that tantalized the clans.

The following spring Fable was asked to join a team that would take a variety of items to the nearest human city of reasonable size to see if trade was something that would benefit the clans. After several such trips Fable decided to stay behind and learn more about the humans. He stayed in Neverwinter until the following spring when we felt it was time to see more of the world by adventuring. Every adventurer he had encountered in that year had told him that traveling was the best way to learn about the world.

A year of that lifestyle left him exhausted but far wealthier than either stonecutting or performing common clerical duties. He was still a Priest of the lowest rank. His latest travels had brought him to Silverymoon where human, dwarves and elves mixed freely. This is where he had overheard a conversation in a tavern that intrigued him. He heard something about a village called Krezk that held an abbey that had been overwhelmed by evil. A bit later he asked one of the parties to the conversation where he might find Krezk. He was told to find Madam Eva and she would show him the way. Her wagon was parked at the edge of town.

He convinced Madam Eva to take him to Krezk and even when she told him it was a long journey with unexpected stops along the way, he still insisted. After a strenuous journey they were passing through a narrow canyon and encountered a thick fog. Madam Eva told Fable not to be concerned, that she knew the way through by heart. Instead of stopping at Krezk a couple of days later she took him to Barovia and left him at a small Inn.
Last edited January 26, 2020 12:31 am
Jan 26, 2020 2:32 am
Great cleric, except for the saves... a plus to save is on the roll not the score ;)
Jan 26, 2020 5:59 am
Thanks, I trust everyone realizes that even though Fable thought he was controlling the situation that it was Madam Eva who was really in charge. The passage through the fog was the passage between Planes. I will find a way to express the ST bonuses in a different way.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.