Welcome and Character Creation

Jan 23, 2020 3:16 pm
Welcome to the game everyone!

I'm glad you're interested in trying this out.
I already created a thread for rules and one with all important character creation info. There is also a bit more background info on the setting in this thread.
The rules thread explains all the terms used on the character sheet in the first post but other than that, the CC thread will have all the info you need to build your characters.

Feel free to exchange ideas for characters in this thread already, ask questions about the rules, the game or whatever you want...

While you're discussing your character ideas, it would be great if all of you could already upload a Custom character sheet to this game and paste the sheet template in it so you can then go through the CC steps one by one! I'm posting the template in this thread again so you can quote it to get the formatting as well :)
Jan 23, 2020 3:17 pm
Name:
Origin:
Upbringing:
Class:
Physical Resistance: X/X
Mental Resistance: X/X
Fatigue Resistance: X/X

Armor: X/X
Traits:

Origin Trait:

Upbringing Trait:

Class Trait:
Skills:

Social
Bluff - 1
Disguise - 1
Non-Intelligence Interaction - 1
Intimidate - 1
Persuade - 1
Insight - 1

Movement
Exert - 1
Pilot - 1
Drive - 1
Run - 1
Stealth - 1

Technology
Computers - 1
Hacking - 1
Mechanism - 1
Repair - 1

Support
Appraise - 1
Medicine - 1
Perception - 1
Sleight of Hand - 1
Survival - 1

Combat
Dodge - 1
Unarmed - 1
Melee - 1
Ranged - 1
Artillery - 1
Maneuver - 1
Abilities:

Raise Roll:
By taking a point of Fatigue Damage, you may reroll any skill check you have made. This way, you can turn a failure into a success or achieve a critical success.

Origin Ability:

Class Ability:
Equipment:
Jan 25, 2020 5:38 pm
I'm probably not going to be playing, but I made a character anyway. Maybe he can appear as an extra! :D
Kinda min-maxed on this one, poor guy is going to have problems with mental damage.
[ +- ] Mamushi
Edit: fixed the skill points.
Last edited January 27, 2020 3:12 pm
Jan 25, 2020 6:28 pm
Looks good, Flying, although I wouldn't recommend anyone to minmax their actual character's resistances to this point. I'm not going to stop you but 1 Mental sounds very risky xD
I uploaded all necessary rules and character generation information in the respective subforums. You can browse through it all but don't worry if you're not sure about how something works yet. I'm always available to answer any questions when they come up.

For now, you three should think about and discuss what type of character you would like to play and whether you want to already know each other at the start of the adventure or not.
Jan 25, 2020 9:00 pm
No adventure without risk! XD
Jan 25, 2020 11:02 pm
I messaged you on Discord. I have a character done, but would like to switch one thing to better fit my background. Switching computer out for mechanism
Jan 25, 2020 11:28 pm
[ +- ] Carlos Montoya
Last edited January 26, 2020 7:59 pm
Jan 26, 2020 12:03 pm
Mach, that character looks good. I didn't check through all the skill points but I trust you can do single digit additions ;)

In response to your question, to all of you: You can switch a skill point here and there around if it suits your character better. That's no problem. But don't raise anything above 4 or lower it below 1 and let me know what you're switching around if you do :)
Jan 26, 2020 2:09 pm
OOC:
I'm mostly trying this system as a PC for the first time, so I'm ok with any sort of character. I'll be busy this week, so I'm making one now, but if it is something awsmack would like, bowl can make me one to balance the party later :D

Also... I'd say we know each other. Maybe one PC is new to the group, but the others would have worked together at some point (if not currently). Depending of awsmack's PC, we could have worked for the same coorporation or he could be my oldest's star recruit. I probably smuggled the wilderness PCs to join the "shadowrunners" (which can really be the team name...). So My PC has potential to be the connecting point for the party.
[ +- ] a PC appears!
Last edited January 26, 2020 3:35 pm
Jan 26, 2020 8:16 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Mach, that character looks good. I didn't check through all the skill points but I trust you can do single digit additions ;)

In response to your question, to all of you: You can switch a skill point here and there around if it suits your character better. That's no problem. But don't raise anything above 4 or lower it below 1 and let me know what you're switching around if you do :)
I switched computer to mechanism

I have 55 total points, same as Lain, one more than Flying.
So, either Lain and I took an extra or Flying missed one.
Jan 26, 2020 8:20 pm
About weapons and armour...is there any in game difference between a steel sword, a monofilament blade, or a light saber?
And metal plate, hardened ceramics, or some futuristic woven material
Jan 26, 2020 8:25 pm
Sorry for spam. Checking avatar.
Jan 26, 2020 8:29 pm
Mine seems fine :)

I'm guessing all items will have similar stats at the beginning, so no game differences between those besides flavour, right bowl?
Jan 26, 2020 8:45 pm
There's not going to be too much differentiation between weapon and armor materials. Armor has an armor value and weapons have a precision and an armor break value.
They can also come with additional descriptors, so upsides and downsides (a medieval plate armor would for example limit the use of some skills like the movement ones and might even cause exhaustion under certain circumstances...)
We'll stay rather basic with the starting equipment so we'll mostly stick to those main values with maybe some minor upside or downside for balance.
Jan 26, 2020 8:49 pm
I counted everything up and Flying seems to have forgotten to add a skill somewhere. I can't say which one she's missing right now but she should have one additional one
Jan 26, 2020 9:57 pm
Ok...I was thinking woven ballistic armour. Better against force weapons (bullets, blades, etc.). Not as good against energy (lasers, blasters, etc.)

For weapons... mainly a melee fighter with a monofilament blade. A slashing weapon more so than stabbing.
A slug thrower as a side arm. Nothing special.

Sound good?
Jan 27, 2020 2:18 am
Excellent.
I think I am ready to go. I just need to know what numbers to put for armour, and how much damage my sword and gun do.
Last edited January 27, 2020 2:18 am
Jan 27, 2020 3:10 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I counted everything up and Flying seems to have forgotten to add a skill somewhere. I can't say which one she's missing right now but she should have one additional one
It's mechanisms/computers, I left it for later because I couldn't decide, and then promptly forgot. XD Thanks for catching it, Machiabelly!
(I'll add to computers, so at least the snake man wouldn't be perplexed by the technology in civilized world.)
Jan 27, 2020 7:19 pm
Okay, so we have a Cyborg Infiltrator and a Human Negotiator so far. That's already a good mix.

awsmack, how is it going? Do you already have an idea for a character? Do you need any help with the rules or character creation or anything?
I would say it's not too important that everyone plays something different. There might be situations where it would help you to also have a mechanic or a soldier with you but with just three players, you can't cover all four classes anyway ;) And since the system is skill-based, you can still fulfill all roles. So just pick what you feel like.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.