Welcome and Character Creation

load previous
Jan 30, 2020 10:50 pm
How is equipment determined? Maybe I missed this elsewhere, but I don't see any guides on selection. Since Nemo is an enhanced soldier, I would think some form of body armor, plus the aforementioned katana (and probably a handgun of some sort as well).
Jan 31, 2020 5:39 am
Just let me know what you have in mind (as you just did) and I'll hand out the values. I might make an equipment list at some point but for now, I'll just eyeball it
Apr 16, 2020 10:25 am
OOC:
CESN pointed out to me that I never actually posted your equipment stats. I wrote them down ages ago but must have forgotten to post them here.

Here they are:
Alright, I’ve been looking vour your equipment and my thoughts would be as follows.
Armor only has one value that is both its hardness and it’s "Hit Points"
Weapons have two values, Precision to get through armor and Armor Break to damage armor. The first value is Precision, the second AB
[ +- ] Lain
[ +- ] Carlos
[ +- ] ANDREW
Apr 16, 2020 11:11 am
bowlofspinach says:
High precision rifle (3/4)
So, If I wanted to shoot down someone with this...
I'd first roll my Ranged lv 3 to check if I hit, then the weapon's Precision lv 3 to check if that got through the armour and the weapon's Armor Break lv 4, right? So that is, generally, 3x 2d6 rolls?
Apr 16, 2020 11:44 am
Almost

First, you roll your ranged roll to determine whether you hit.
Then, you roll the weapon's precision to see how you hit.
And then I compare your weapons armor break with the target's armor value to see how the weapon interacts with the armor.

It's two 2D6 rolls per attack
Apr 16, 2020 11:51 am
Right! AB is not random then :D

By the way, I did some stats and this is not as deadly as I expected... though there is potential for long shootouts :D
https://24.media.tumblr.com/a2d8a77c95982ba8c81003881f548ec4/tumblr_miyx9l5ysC1r04g55o2_500.gif
[ +- ] Stats
Last edited April 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Apr 16, 2020 11:57 am
Generally, you're supposed to be able to win most fights. Enemy mooks go down after one successful hit, more important enemies take more, but that should shorten most fights down and weight them in your favor.
Recovery is slow, though, so getting into fight after fight is where it gets dangerous.
Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm
That sounds like a good balance to me actually!

Dealing 1 damage to kill a mook is 17-44% at the start, with them having at most 34-11% of damaging us. Fairly balanced but on the player's favour. This means an expected mook down every turn or two for a 3 player party!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.