OOC Chat Thread

load previous
Jul 30, 2020 7:18 pm
FTR it was 100% going to spam, but filtered at my provider, not by my client. It must keep edging in and out, hence me losing them occasionally. Wouldn't have thought of that, 🤦‍♂️
Jul 30, 2020 7:27 pm
Yea there was a thing i skimmed a while back that if enough people plop the mail as spam the service provider would just think all that is spam unless specifically mentioned. and just autos back to spam.

so when you want to stop receiving the emails to unsubscribe at the bottom so the algorithm isnt completely jacked.
Aug 24, 2020 5:30 pm
Whooeee, you guys got it!

I was wondering if it was gonna escape again there at the end.

Nice rolls from Finrod to finish it off. And good team work from you all to get it there.

This is the third time I've ran this portion of this campaign, and this is the first time my players have ever killed it. The other time's it escaped and became a re-occurring enemy... :P Which was also cool, but this was a fun encounter for me, and I hope you guys enjoyed it too.
Aug 24, 2020 5:32 pm
But where is the GIRL!!!
Aug 24, 2020 5:33 pm
GeneCortess says:
But where is the GIRL!!!
Heh, who knows? ;D
Aug 24, 2020 5:38 pm
I'll not use a Secret Shadow again, so no harm in telling you if you really don't know.

The Secret Shadow has the ability to assume a human form for X number of rounds, the effect Stuns enemies who fail a save for the duration, and they become very vulnerable to attack. But this one was trying to use the ability to escape.

It was just a cunning ruse.

They're kind of like a Tolkienian vampire.
Aug 24, 2020 6:05 pm
oh fun :,(

to bad i didn't get a chance to hold on to it. that would have been interesting as it morphs back :/
Aug 24, 2020 7:40 pm
Go Team! Thanks em :)
Aug 24, 2020 8:30 pm
Also can I ring the "new chapter" bell?
Aug 24, 2020 8:37 pm
TinheadNed says:
Also can I ring the "new chapter" bell?
Yep, you guys can go ahead and level up too.
Aug 24, 2020 8:38 pm
DING DING woooooooooooo
Aug 25, 2020 4:07 am
Updated to level 2.
Aug 25, 2020 3:17 pm
also complete.
Aug 25, 2020 6:46 pm
Yes I have my Campfire Tales. They will not be canonical, but my tales will allow me and friendly creatures listening to gain an extra d6 per HD spent in a short rest. You're going to get sagas.
Aug 25, 2020 8:19 pm
i expect beautiful telled tales
Sep 1, 2020 2:27 pm
Hey gang,

So I need to step back my activity level on Gamersplane.

Our oldest started on-line only kindergarten last week, and between that and normal work, and a couple of emergent "joys" of home-ownership (one of them being possible asbestos tile in our basement where we are wanting to redo our floor... 😩), I just have too much going on.

I'm gonna try to keep up with the games I'm playing in (though may drop one or two of those), but I need to put my GMing completely on hold.

It's "possible" that my kid returns to in-person classes at the end of October, if our state can get it's crap together RE: COVID. But who knows if that's gonna happen. Anyway, that would be the earliest I would see myself returning to GMing.

You guys can of course do with this information what you will. If that's too indefinite and you want to move on I understand. If you've got other things going on here and want to just hang out til I return, that'd be great too. I will say that in the 4+ years I've been gaming daily on GP, this is the first time I've had to take a break like this. Which is to say, I will most definitely return. Just gonna be a minute...

This game is at least in a decent stopping point. I hope you've all had as much fun as I have so far... And I hope to still see you guys around the forums. And maybe here when I come back to GMing?

Cheers,
em
Sep 1, 2020 7:04 pm
Cool, no Biggie, I Have nothing but time to wait :D
Sep 1, 2020 7:46 pm
Yeah I can wait. The only stress I have of PbP is worrying I missed a prompt and I'm holding everything up - I'll be pretty safe at this point. Enjoy your kid enjoying school!
Sep 1, 2020 7:53 pm
Ned, maybe you can use this time to find yourself a user avatar! :P
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.