OOC Chat Thread

load previous
Sep 1, 2020 8:58 pm
I went to check why I never did this. it's because the avatar I use everywhere is 64x64 which is too low-res. I have a half-hearted plan to pay someone to do me an original drawing rather than the futurama clipart i've used before.

So yeah I literally might! Maybe.
Sep 1, 2020 10:06 pm
what avatar? Perhaps it'll give me an art project to work on while i sit here waiting for something to do :D
Sep 1, 2020 10:11 pm
http://www.stdin.co.uk/brainslug.png Well if you're interested, it's one of the Futurama brainslugs. I think it used to be a phpbb stock image or something.
Sep 1, 2020 10:12 pm
something like this? Img
Last edited September 1, 2020 10:12 pm
Sep 1, 2020 10:14 pm
Yeah exactly that. i think it shows off my heritage as another middle aged white guy :D
Sep 1, 2020 10:21 pm
I got a slightly more just the one guy one coming as soon as imgur lets it upload
Sep 1, 2020 10:22 pm
https://i.imgur.com/b3U36aB.jpg IMg
Last edited September 1, 2020 10:25 pm
Sep 1, 2020 10:25 pm
or if theres a different one you want lemme know :D
Sep 1, 2020 10:26 pm
Ta I will set that later 😊
Sep 1, 2020 11:48 pm
Tis a good time for break... Do keep us informed... Miss playing Charanthiel.
Sep 2, 2020 4:00 am
Late to the party once again, what's new huh Em?

Looking forward to the next chapter. Feels good to have vanquished a foe like Batwoman in AiME. Not the easiest thing to do from what I have heard.
Sep 2, 2020 4:05 am
Ok friends, I'm unfamiliar with 5e, and all games Ive even been a part of flop before I've had a chance to level - is there a process to assuming new skills and talents? Or is it as simple as transcribing choices made from the tables and lists provided to your own class / profession?
Sep 2, 2020 6:54 am
It's picking from choices on tables, although for level 2 there's normally a choice of one. So for my Warden I get a new hit-die-avg+CON's worth of HP and I got two skills, Jack of All Trades and Campfire Tales.
Sep 2, 2020 8:40 am
No worries EM, I'm happy to wait.
Thanks for the game!
Hope all goes well with your kid and school.
Sep 2, 2020 2:59 pm
Kinudig says:
Feels good to have vanquished a foe like Batwoman in AiME. Not the easiest thing to do from what I have heard.
Doublely so because I put that creature in the scene with no thought or intent that you guys would successfully kill it during the day-time encounter, much less try to lure it back and kill it at night. As mentioned, if anything, the thought was that it could become a re-occurring enemy.

So you guys 100% made it's death happen. You guys took the kind of initiative in impacting the world and story that I love to see, and reward as a DM.

So thank you all for that play-experience. I found it really exciting and fun, cuz I got to use some cool things about the monster and the terrain, etc. and you guys legitimately and significantly impacted the narrative, whether you knew it or not. Cool cool cool
Sep 2, 2020 5:05 pm
Those unscripted elements of game play, and unforseen conclusions are so much fun. When we first spoke, Em, I was just getting into the pbp format, as well as getting back into rpg after many years. Now, perhaps 18 months later I've had the chance to GM some games on Discord (which is pbp but ends up being a different scene altogether) and I know the joy that comes from a story that "writes itself".
Sep 20, 2020 9:46 am
Dropping.
Sep 21, 2020 3:55 pm
Incase anyone forgot or missed it, I did state that I will be inactive on this game until the end of October.
Oct 26, 2020 3:36 pm
Hey everybody, so I wanted to send out the call and see who's still around.

I'm tentatively prepared to start this game back up, however my state (like most others) positivity rates are going up rather rapidly and there's whispers that we may go back to at-home learning about as soon as we've left it here.

Anyway, at this time, plz chime in if you're still around and active and ready to play.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.