Before we get started...

load previous
Dec 11, 2014 9:49 pm
Gotta love the SRD and a job that lets me be on the internet for long stretches of the day!
Dec 11, 2014 10:45 pm
So I have a couple of equipment questions and then one silly question

1) Since I use a sling staff, is it possible to buy magical bullets for that really special attack, something like +1 damage or even a spell effect like "acid arrow" or "chill touch"?

2) I would like to have a riding dog with adamantine chainmail barding and was wondering if i could upgrade a normal riding dog to like a war dog? Something like extra HD and maybe an extra attack. This of course would cost alot more but it seems fitting to have a better mount with high end armor.

OK now to the silly question: under the attack bonus its listed as +11/+6/+1... Does that mean I get three attacks per round? If so are these just melee attacks or can i do ranged as well?

I'm sure I will have more questions on equipment, spending 240,000 gp is hard :-)
Dec 11, 2014 10:51 pm
@keleth as for your question about the character sheet I have a couple of suggestions:

1) I Like @Candi's idea of being able to move skills / Feats around in the list to keep them organized.
2) You might add a mount / familiars section for stats associated with those animals
3) having an add button for items that could include stats like weight and cost with a notes section like the feats would be nice

Also I noticed that every time I edit my character it resets my alignment to lawful good so I have to change that every time I edit my character.
Dec 11, 2014 11:19 pm
@JoHoover I was just about to mention that about alignment.
Dec 12, 2014 12:52 am
Let's see if I can figure out this rolling-in-post thing.

Sweet.
Last edited December 12, 2014 12:53 am

Rolls

HP - (14d6+21)

(26124324643165) + 21 = 70

Dec 12, 2014 4:07 am
JoHoover: It doesn't reset your alignment, it just doesn't properly display it. I can fix that reasonably quickly. As for the items thing, that's planned... eventually...
Dec 12, 2014 6:53 pm
@keleth the set is awesome and I know how it feels to constantly be thinking of improvement. I have to say I haven't been this excited to start an adventure in a long time. Especially with the group we are putting together.

Any thoughts on my equipment/attack questions?
Dec 12, 2014 7:15 pm
Somehow I missed this post...
JoHoover says:
1) Since I use a sling staff, is it possible to buy magical bullets for that really special attack, something like +1 damage or even a spell effect like "acid arrow" or "chill touch"?
As a ranged weapon, you would treat it as you could a bow or crossbow. Any enchantment on the staff would apply to any bullets fired from it. Any enchantment on bullets would also apply, except for where it overlaps or overrides (+2 staff with +1 bullets just gets a +2 to hit). You could put spells on bullets; we'd treat it as applying touch spells to a weapon, at the regular enchantment rate.
JoHoover says:
2) I would like to have a riding dog with adamantine chainmail barding and was wondering if i could upgrade a normal riding dog to like a war dog? Something like extra HD and maybe an extra attack. This of course would cost alot more but it seems fitting to have a better mount with high end armor.
If you have a link to riding dogs, I'll take a look and determine an upgrade for it, if possible.
JoHoover says:
OK now to the silly question: under the attack bonus its listed as +11/+6/+1... Does that mean I get three attacks per round? If so are these just melee attacks or can i do ranged as well?
Yah, it means, unless otherwise indicated by feats or what not, if you choose to attack as your standard action, you'd make 3 attacks, the first at +11, the second at +6, the third at +1. I don't exactly remember the rules for firing a ranged weapon with reload time, but I'm pretty certain it can only fire one attack per round barring feats or augments.
Dec 12, 2014 7:41 pm
Tiana is, I think, done (well, I have a tiny fraction of money left to spend, but it won't be a significant purchase).

HP 130, AC 33 (+2 Underground, +1 per adjacent enemy)
Fort +18, Ref +20, Will +18, Spell Resistance 25, CMD 27 (+2 vs Trip, +2 vs Reposition)
CMB: +20 (+2 Trip, +2 Reposition)

Unarmed Attack (not including BAB or Flurry stats): +12 Attack; 2d8+5 Damage (+2d6 vs Evil) - Lawful, Good, Silver/Cold Iron, Magic

Plus a bunch of misc. abilities (if I tumble through an opponent's square, I get +2 to attack and trip against them until the start of my next turn; I can redirect attacks against allies to myself; I can grant an ally +2 AC against a specific enemies attack; spells that fail against my SR can be reflected back onto the caster; when I am attacked I can trip and reposition the enemy in response and make them sickened).

Also, another bug - CMB and CMB correctly display my size as a penalty, but they are adding 1 not subtracting 1 from the total displayed.
Last edited December 16, 2014 2:43 pm
Dec 12, 2014 7:59 pm
I've got feats, skills, and stats done. Still need to do gear and spells. If I can't get it done tonight it's unlikely to get done til I'm back from San Fran.
Dec 12, 2014 11:08 pm
Here is a link to a riding dog: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/dog/riding-dog

thanks for clarifying the attack bonus, I did pick up the multi-shot feat so I will be able to take 2 shots on occasion.
Dec 13, 2014 4:44 am
Figured with the enhancement bonuses from gear and the fact that I previously did a hidden roll, I should probably roll my hp on here like everybody else.

Rolls

HP Roll - (14d8+53)

(84146243238515) + 53 = 109

Dec 13, 2014 4:44 am
Ok, Elandra's done except for spell selections and narrowing down the details on my special item. I'll add her to the game.
Dec 14, 2014 6:00 am
Submitted Damion Ash to the game!
Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm
Submitted Dimal to the Game! Though I still need confirmation of the war dog mount and @keleth could you take a look at my flute to make sure it passes muster.
Dec 16, 2014 3:21 am
Unique and Cyber, how are your characters coming along? I'm kind of waiting to see all 6 characters before creating/augmenting your special items, for balancing reasons. Plus, I'd like to start after Christmas if at all possible.
Dec 16, 2014 11:38 am
Almost done. Finished Feats and Skills last night, and have my first daily spells ready to type in. The only thing haven't found is a pantheon for Dungeonlands, or is it sort of pan-pantheon? ;)
Dec 16, 2014 12:46 pm
The standard Pathfinder pantheon is fine.
Dec 17, 2014 7:04 pm
There. After weird browser/form errors, I think it all saved properly. ::fingers crossed::
Dec 18, 2014 4:59 am
You got form errors?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.