Session 1: Before the RPS Tournament

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 7, 2016 1:50 pm
"Your words are too kind Master. Everyone starts from someplace in their skills. I’ll always volunteer to try something you’re cooking. I have no idea what Kohaku made but it probably took a high level of skill to prepare and design which is something I’m currently probably not capable of, and Rina’s fruit was simple and healthy you’ll need all the nutrients you can get in today. Although I will agree the pancakes and steak dish were quite exceptional but this lowly maid still has much to learn in the ways of cooking… Maybe less than some but still the world of cooking is quiet vast." Akita says after the meal is done bowing slightly before turning to Kohaku and Rina her ears flicking up and her features becoming more feline, "Right?" she asks raising an eyebrow with a feline grin on her face.

Seeing the Master looking over the note and the realization of what she stated earlier compounded with the note seemed to send him into some confusion she stood clearing her throat, "Bossu, as stated earlier the bathtub is missing. I have no doubt they picked a day when you’re busy and when you weren’t in the bathtub purposely. They possibly didn’t want to feel embarrassed about their sense of self in front of the Master and his awesome glory." Akita stated wiping the corner of her mouth and apologizing. Flicking out a pair of glasses she opens a notebook going over the agenda for the next few hours.

"But we are the Maids of the Maple Leaf Hotel that serve under Boss ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd and on your command this falls under our maidly duties to resolve if and how the Master wishes. You have your appointments coming up with the various staff groups, we can assist you in this if it is the Master’s wishes to save on time and inform you of the investigation when you deem necessary. Also for lunch with the Family… is there anything in particular you would want to be prepared for the meal or the guests’ tastes? A wine perhaps?" she stated looking to Kohaku and Saki since they knew of the bathtub incident and might be about to offer more information.

Unless it was the other thing in the note... Akita
OOC:
Using Maid ability Mocking to add +2 to the stress of Kohaku and Rina. Trying to find out from the Boss if he wants to handle the bathtub incident himself or if he'll delegate it, also offering an assistant while he out and about before lunch since he'll be distracted without Bathtub-chan where it should be. Plus digging for anything about what to do for lunch (I.e. No Italian food, or no peanuts due to allergies.)
Remnant sent a note to handle

Rolls

Compliment to the Chef from the Boss (Favor +) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Attempting to calm down the Boss (Don't sweat this and you have work to do plan) Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Mar 7, 2016 10:55 pm
"Indeed yes, the bathtub was stolen boss, However, the thief left many clues and frankly did a sloppy job of it. There would of course be more clues, enough even to know who the thief was maybe, if Maid Kurasowa Akita and Maid Sakaguchi Saki had respected the chain of evidence. But I am fully confident that we uncover the truth before your next bathing is scheduled. Simply go about your business and it will all be well."

Kohaku picks up her juice glass and bows to Boss Floyd before taking a sip.
OOC:
Ok, question...I want to soothe the boss and throw some shade at Akita. Do I need two rolls for that? I was thinking Cunning to 'attack' Akita and Will to show confidence that Kohaku can solve the mystery. Or can I just roll once (using Will) to counter what Akita rolled, causing her stress and sooth the boss?
Last edited March 7, 2016 10:56 pm

Rolls

Favor Gain - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Mar 7, 2016 11:42 pm
OOC:
I figure it's one roll with your action being a duality of sorts, whoever is best at calming him down and getting him back into being the Boss will gain favor the rest pout since "Senpai didn't notice me!" I can see it either way since there is a bit of Akita cleaned up the clues implication using Cunning or Will based on I'll solve this because I'm not giving up and Maximum Effort.
Mar 8, 2016 8:12 am
OOC:
@Remnant - So when you told him he was in a rush and not really paying attention, it was probably in the back of his mind but he was dead set on making those potatoes. Sorry, I should've made it more clear in my previous posts.

You know that the Boss would love to handle the criminal himself, but the task is more suited for one of his fearsome maids! Also, he's not nearly as competent as you guys when in comes to skill. His power comes from his family and fear instead of his abilities.

If you want to be his right-hand maid on his errands, you'll have to compete with Rina's roll. You could still tag along even if you lost the contest, but she would be like the head maid in charge.

From previous experience you know that his mom and brother are extremely picky eaters. They accept only the finest foods that even pros have difficulty making (around a 12 DC). Using maple syrup in some way will give you a +2 to your score though.

@Foolsmask - So if you want to calm down the boss by throwing Akita under the bus, that would be one roll. It would also be acceptable if you wanted to do two separate rolls: one for showing that you can handle the situations, and the other one to attack both Akita and Sakie by throwing them under the bus.

If you go for the separate rolls there will be separate favor/stress awarded. Remember than maids can team up and combine their scores to overcome obstacles or contests, but the favor will be split.
Mar 8, 2016 12:36 pm
Saki waited until the boss was finished with his breakfast before actually introducing herself.

She attempted a dainty curtsy as she walked over to him.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you Master Floyd. I am Sakaguchi Saki, sent by Mr. Bouchard to ensure you have all the help you need for the big tournament. Everyone at Mr.Bouchard's estate speaks very highly of you. I had heard about how they all call you 'Pretty Boy Floyd', but... oh my, their words do no justice to how handsome you are in person..." (Saki Sakaguchi, ever the accomplished actress says this coyly, with a glimmer in her eye and blushing cheeks like an enamored schoolgirl. She was well-practiced in this bit from her years as a diner waitress.)

"Please let me know if there if you need anything at all..."

After the boss went on his way, she fetched the attention of all the other maids. She proposed a 'meeting of the maids', where they would gather together in a private area of the hotel to collaborate and present any evidence or theories. Only if they worked together, she thought, would they bring the criminal to justice.

Rolls

Favor (cleaning) - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Favor (cooking) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Cunning 4- Flattering the boss. The intention here is more brown-nosing than it is seduction. - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 8, 2016 3:03 pm
"We might need to go out and do some shopping Bossu..." Akita adds.
Mar 9, 2016 3:30 pm
"Of course shopping is fun Akita, but the boss is very busy today, as are we. We should save such indulgences for when we have the time."

Rolls

Will(3) roll discussed before - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Mar 10, 2016 3:39 am
"I must agree with Kohaku. Our schedule is quite busy today, and we must rely on the other capable members of our staff to accomplish such tasks. I am certain the kitchen staff will also appreciate our waiting until they are able to give their readiness report later today. If all goes according to schedule, in about 30 minutes." Rina says, looking at her watch with a nod.

Rolls

Helping throw Akita under the bus, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 10, 2016 3:54 am
Kohaku's 12 and Rina's 8 (Throwing shade) > Saki's 8 and Akita's 4 (Attempting to calm him down)
20 > 12! Saki and Akita take a total of 5 stress! (I recommend rollin the RPS game to determine who takes the stress! :P)

"HMM.. hmm. Bah, well I guess it's already happened so I shouldn't get too upset about it. Nobody needs to be fired either, since I was informed about the matter quickly..."

He still seems upset about losing his prized bathtub, but not enough to freak out about it.

"Since Kohaku is the one who is fired up the most, I'm tasking her with catching the perpetrator. But I want to have a word with the thief myself when you catch him, Gahahaha!"

Kohaku had the highest single score, so she got the job! Kohaku can now give out favor to other maids for tasks regarding the capture of the thief! She'll get all the favor when the overall mission is completed.

Floyd then rises from his seat and prepares for the next item on his agenda: meeting with the staff for morning updates. He usually starts with the front desk and works his way around the hotel from there.

Rolls

1d6 (Reduced stress damage) - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Mar 10, 2016 3:58 am
OOC:
If it makes you feel better I just deleted my post since it was a few minutes after yours. Xp
Mar 12, 2016 4:11 am
"Thank you for believing in me! Master Floyd! I will not let you down! I shall begin as soon as we clear away breakfast. Do you want the other maids to assist you, or may a enlist them in my search? Kohaku has jumped to her feet and bows deeply to Boss Floyd.
Mar 12, 2016 10:36 am
"Yes you all should work together, and you have my authority to use anything you need to accomplish this task. Rina, do you still want to accompany me meeting with the staff? Or are you going to stop this thief of ours?"

Before making his way down to the lobby, a messenger enters the room with a package for Floyd. He reads off the card that came with the gift.

"Ah, what's this? It says 'From an fan who admires your sass'. Gaha, I do have sass, don't I?!"

After tearing off the wrapping paper, Floyd finds a small bottle of viscous fluid.

"Hmm, is this?... A shot of sacred syrup?! From the legendary 'Great Mother Maple Tree'? I thought that was just a myth... They say it has some sort of effect on those who drink it."

Rolling the bottle side to side, Floyd strokes his chin. He uncorks it, and smells the contents

"I don't really believe in fairy tales or magic, but I can tell this syrup is of the finest quality! A good way to finish breakfast, down the hatch!"

He quickly drains the contents, licking his lips after he finishes.

"Gahaha! Delicious!... Enough chit chat, let's get back to work."

Rolls

2d6

(54) = 9

Mar 14, 2016 10:19 pm
"Hai" Kohaku gives Boss Floyd a bow then clears away some dishes (without over burdening herself and risking an accident) and heads toward the private kitchen.
Mar 15, 2016 5:24 am
"yes, I will accompany you. I believe in the ability of the others to ensure the capture of the thief and the return of your bath. However.." Rina says, removing a piece of chalk from a pocket of her dress and drawing something on a nearby wall. After a short incantation, a large black dog with burning eyes crawls from the circle (which vanishes without a trace afterwards) and lands on the ground. Rina kneels down to rub it's ears, cooing. "Good boy, coming when mommy calls you! Good boy!" She takes it by either side of it's head, looking it in the eye. "Now Snuffles, mommy needs you to go with her friends and help them find Master Floyds bath! Can you do that?" The demonic hound..Snuffles, it seems, barks in affirmation--a booming sound that would strike terror into the hearts of lesser men than Floyd, and bounds off towards Kohaku.

"I apologize for the interruption. Let us continue."

Rolls

Using demon hound to sniff out a clue, Skill 4 - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Mar 15, 2016 9:00 am
The demonic hound gets a hold of the thief's scent, and begins to lead Kohaku and Rina around the hotel. It appears that the intruder has struck all over the hotel!

The path shows a clear pattern in thefts - all of the luxury soaps and hygiene products are missing! If the thief is allowed to continue the hotel will lose all of its soap, and Floyd's reputation will be forever damaged!

While Kohaku and Rina are investigating, Saki and Akita are tidying up the upstairs. However, something is wrong. Boss Floyd has not left his room since breakfast. He's usually punctual when he meets his staff every morning, what could be the problem?

With Akita's cat like hearing, she can tell Floyd is still in his room. As a maid it is entirely within your rights to investigate! What if he's been attacked or worse - he spilled something on his suit and his clothes need to be immediately so it does not stain!

Upon closer inspection of the mysterious package, Saki can tell that the vial of syrup had some kind of magical component. What on earth did he drink?
Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm
"The thief seems to be focused on stealing cleaning materials. That is an interesting clue. Good work Tsuniko."

"Now, who would possibly want so many cleaning products and appliances?"

Rolls

Cunning(2) to deduce who the thief might be, or at least get another clue. - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Mar 19, 2016 6:21 pm
Akit’a jaw sets and gives Saki a sideways glance.

Okay… I guess everyone expects the cooking staff for the hotel will have free time while cooking for several VIPs for the party to cook for people that are not only picky about their food but would likely make them ‘disappear’ if it’s really bad… she thought to herself.

Focused on cleaning the upstairs area Akita’s ear pop straight up and she looks around sniffing the air. Her Cat Girl pervy sense tingled a bit and she moved with rapid succession dusting as she went so her counterparts wouldn’t state she was just stalking the master. Outside his bedroom she stood and looked at the time. He wasn’t suppose to still be here, with a quick look around she cleared her throat and stated she was coming in somewhat quietly out of formality and went in to investigate. With the precision of an attack dog and stalker rolled into one she opened the door and moved in trying to be stealthy... Although it smelt like the Master it might be the thief having dosed themselves in his bathwater.

Rolls

Moving in on the low (i.e. like a cat on all fours) Cunning 4 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Secret Roll

Mar 21, 2016 11:54 am
Kohaku has head stories about a criminal organization that specializes in stealing luxury items, but she does not know their exact name.With the information that the thieves are after the hotel's exotic and/or luxury soaps, Kohaku is able to devise a trap - a honeypot that would be impossible to ignore.

She heads into the deep storage room in the basement, and retrieves crates of Floyd's secret stash of legendary 'Pine Soaps'. Each bar of soap is said to contain an entire pine tree! She displays the soap right in the middle of the hotel courtyard, and instructs the hotels best guards to discretely keep watch over the area. There's no way that the criminals could pass up this opportunity, and Kohaku plants to catch them red-handed.

She decides to head back upstairs to inform Boss Floyd of her plan.

Inside Floyd's room, Akita makes a shocking discovery - a woman! She's wearing the boss's clothes, smoking his cigar, lounging on his bed, and is digging through his closet!! What?! Is she Floyd's secret lover?! She turns towards to opening door, but Akita's cat-like reflexes allowed her to remain hidden.

http://i.imgur.com/oOSNA72.jpg

"Eh? What's going on?"

The woman's voice reminds Akita of Boss Floyd.

"Gehehe, first I accidentally drink some magic potion and now my doors are opening on their own!"

She turns away from the door and continues to dig though the closet, talking to herself.

"Gun, where's my gun? If these thieves want a war, I'll give em one!"

Roughly, at the same time Kohaku arrives at the second floor. As soon as she steps into the common room, her phone goes off with a message from the guards.

Possible targets spotted outside the hotel. Looks like they want to fight, so we've evacuated the hotel
Mar 21, 2016 1:34 pm
Akita’s tail goes straight and bushels out almost tripling in size. Almost being spotted she fades into the decorations almost taking on a professional contortionist like state to mimic the shape of furniture. Remaining rigid Akita’s arm start to shake a bit just after the intruder turns away and seems to dismiss the door opening and closing.

Facial Expression after hearing the voice: D= Wait wah? 0.o` *Almost fall over*

"Her door? Her Gun." Akita thinks to herself standing upright and walking over nostrils flaring.

With a couple whiffs Akita stops and purses her lips turning and hunching over taking a whiff of the clothes she hadn’t washed yet. The smell of sweat wasn’t on this girl but the Master’s personal scent or musk was…. Had he been rubbing up on this girl… Akita blushes her mind going into Ero fantasies as she exhales a small puff of steam her face bright red.

Clearing her throat Akita makes herself known, "Excuse me Oujo-san, what’s this about drinking some magic potion, your gun, thieves, and a war? Also what are you doing in my Master’s bedroom?" Akita states trying to stay professional and not sound jealous.

Don’t look… gah… I can’t help it I’m checking out her sizes… I’m in wrappings but I should still be bigger!!!! D8 she thinks to herself stand upright to jut her chest out.
Last edited March 22, 2016 12:52 am

Rolls

I guess Skill to talk to the Lady? (Skill 2) - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Mar 22, 2016 12:40 am
"Who is THAT!" Kohaku enters a battle stance an whips out her transforming feather duster whip with a flurry of feathers.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.