Character creation discussion

load previous
Mar 2, 2016 8:55 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
my character would be able to help out in just about any way, but would have more dice to roll for rolls that require intellect like slicing, so she could slice the enemy ship's computer, jam their communications, or be plotting the hyperspace calculations... I guess that last one would be what's most important
Just an fyi when i played a slicer i went into the our ships system and placed a auto targeting program into the guns, which helped out sonce there were no good gunners at the time.
Mar 2, 2016 8:58 pm
Way i see it friartook and I together making money around the galaxy. Depending how your characters are would be how we all meet up.

Bounty hunter hired a fast getaway ship/cargo of warrents.
Mar 2, 2016 11:56 pm
I'm here and watching -- and happy to give you guys plenty of leeway to hash things out. I think we basically have:

Remnant + Oingoboingo + Candi have a plausible connection.. a bounty huntin' crew with a doc to keep the cargo alive.

Friar + KJ have a plausible connection with a stolen vessel (Friar -- what's your obligation? Seems like Bounty might be an obvious choice there given you stole a ship.. but perhaps they didn't know it was you? or perhaps they want to take the personal approach in getting it back?)

I'm okay with a YT-2400 if you like. It's 130K which is a bit pricey based on CRB guidance, but we can assert some leeway. :) Looking through the other CRB for ship options, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as comparable. Perhaps you're together because the Bounty Crew hired the Ship Crew for a couple jobs, and decided that things worked out well together enough to stick together.
Mar 3, 2016 12:01 am
I'd be ok with that explanation. another idea is, star wars being star wars, we met with both groups under heavy fire (since two people in the crew got bounties), the bounty hunters had big guns and the other guys had a fast ship so we escaped together and we've been together ever since.
Mar 3, 2016 12:55 am
Oo. That's definitely more cinematic. :)
Mar 3, 2016 1:42 am
I kinda like these

Yt-1000
http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/79FAF97F-9F8F-472D-AA98-F5E030935F0D_zpsizqpkk8p.jpg

yv-560

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/879EFEA9-6CCB-41EF-85EA-02184A155753_zps3azzkwby.jpg

I like this one but the handles bad but with some mods

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/04C65F32-2BF8-447F-A97D-08FDB941D00D_zps28k2opjq.jpg
Last edited March 3, 2016 1:45 am
Mar 3, 2016 4:25 pm
@falryx: Obligation is flexible. My intent was to have it be Betrayal, because I screwed over my employer and stole their ship, but Bounty or even Family would work. My character left a large family behind.

What if we all got together in a big bounty hunting cluster f&%#. Multiple bounty hunting crews accidentally clashing at the same time hunting the same targets, but one target is already hanging with the Remnant/Candi crew and one is with this here hot shot jerk pilot who just wants to thumb his nose at everyone. In the crazy cluster, the three man crew ends up on our ship when we take off, escaping the other rival crews. Post-traumatic negotiations ensue, and we all team up.
Mar 3, 2016 4:29 pm
On thing about bounty hunters in the SW setting is that it seems very possible/likely for them to end up with bounties on their own heads. Rival guilds, collecting a bounty on a crime boss's son, killing the wrong person, etc. I've always found that to be an interesting possible conflict of interest when it comes to choosing which bounties a hunter chases.
Mar 3, 2016 5:30 pm
Any objections to the general thread about how you came together? If not, I'll start spinning some stuff up after I validate character builds. Anyone particularly concerned they've done it right or wrong? I'll mostly just be scanning the sheets.
Mar 3, 2016 5:33 pm
@Candi: Do you want to have some obligation in order to hook up to the mechanics of EOTE? Or do you prefer to "earn" your obligation over time? :) My guess is that you'd have some obligation having been a bounty hunter-like person for awhile.
Mar 3, 2016 5:35 pm
@all Don't forget your soak is equal to your Brawn + armor -- I see a couple people with 0 soak, so please double check that. I'll probably forget otherwise.
Mar 3, 2016 5:37 pm
@KJ: your skills are too low. Did you take your freebies from Career and Spec? It doesn't look it.
Mar 3, 2016 5:45 pm
the only thing I would like to add is please let's not have the sea turtle looking ship... I'd rather not have the galaxy laughing at us
Mar 3, 2016 5:47 pm
falryx says:
@Candi: Do you want to have some obligation in order to hook up to the mechanics of EOTE? Or do you prefer to "earn" your obligation over time? :) My guess is that you'd have some obligation having been a bounty hunter-like person for awhile.
Yeah, I rolled and got Responsibility; which is what I tried to twist into a 'dark leaning, but refusing to be dark, jedi's way of twisting revenge'.
Mar 3, 2016 5:48 pm
Also I still have to go 'shopping'
Mar 3, 2016 5:52 pm
falryx says:
@KJ: your skills are too low. Did you take your freebies from Career and Spec? It doesn't look it.
I took mechanic and pilot space from the career. I forgot to change mechanic to rank 2.
Mar 3, 2016 5:53 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
the only thing I would like to add is please let's not have the sea turtle looking ship... I'd rather not have the galaxy laughing at us
I like the Gamera ship!!!!
Mar 3, 2016 5:54 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
I laughed well at this one.
Mar 3, 2016 5:55 pm
Candi says:
Also I still have to go 'shopping'
Yah, I noticed. No biggie.

If you ever do decide to get a deadly flashlight (lightsaber) you'll definitely wanna have some talents in Shien before you do.. that br of 1 would be deadly. :)
Mar 3, 2016 5:56 pm
I need to add in the rest of Lin's gear. I've got it purchased (used the a character generator), just need to add it to the GP sheet.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.