Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Mar 8, 2016 6:49 pm
Mordred uses Thaumaturgy to send a whisper up the shaft that the party should come down quietly. He attempts to Hide as best as possible from anything that might be nesting in the dirtpile, and will Ready a rapier Attack, should anything emerge.
Mar 8, 2016 6:52 pm
Zangua reels back from the hole and looks around. "Where the hell is he?" says the fighter, looking around for Mordred.
Mar 8, 2016 6:54 pm
Zangua spots Mordred crouched in the shadows behind him.

The dirtpile is still.
Mar 8, 2016 7:29 pm
OOC:
Oops, sorry, I meant to indicate that I was still topside, peering into the hole. Zangua's unfamiliarity with magic was made manifest with his reaction.
Mar 8, 2016 9:52 pm
Leth watches Mordred descend into the hole as far as he can, and then briefly turns his attention to the iron spikes - do they look like they've been there for a while, or are they new?

ETA: Following his assessment of the spikes, Leth will climb down into the room below.
Last edited March 8, 2016 9:53 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Mar 8, 2016 9:55 pm
They look like they've been there a while, but it's hard to really be sure.
Mar 8, 2016 10:18 pm
OOC:
A while as in... years? Or a while as in a few weeks?
Basically I'm just trying to figure out if Zora, or someone following her, could have put them there.
"Mordred's in the pit; He was using magic speak so we could hear." Leth mentions to Zangua just before his head drops down below the opening of the hole.

Once at the bottom, Leth patiently waits for Felor to descend so they can take a look around by his spear-light.
Mar 8, 2016 10:38 pm
Map 2.0
http://i.imgur.com/n89fLkX.jpg?2
And why this chapter wasn't called "Scratches on the Elk's Asshole" I do not know.
Last edited March 8, 2016 10:56 pm
Mar 8, 2016 11:11 pm
"Is there any hole this group won't go down?" Vad questions as he follows Leth to the bottom. "Lighting one up!" he whispers to the others as he pulls a torch from his pack, mumbles something under his breath, and touches the torch, lighting it up.
OOC:
Something about casting 'Light' on a torch just seems humorous to me.
Last edited March 8, 2016 11:11 pm
Mar 8, 2016 11:27 pm
Zangua proceeds to follow the party. As he spies the arcane lighting of torches, he mumbles, "Anyone have a magical means of getting me back a couple of torches? Wish you could have told me this before I lit them up."
Mar 9, 2016 1:14 am
As a light source is introduced, Leth looks around them, sizing up the room they just descended into.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Mar 9, 2016 9:46 am
Felor arrives at the bottom of the hole, and passes Zangua a couple of torches before warily investigating the dirt pile. Spoil from someone digging, or some sort of giant worm-cast?

Great map, rocksteady! I started an MS Paint one but yours is aesthetically superior!
Last edited March 9, 2016 9:56 am

Rolls

Nature skill check - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Mar 9, 2016 4:44 pm
Drawing the dungeon map was always one of my favorite parts of D&D.
Mar 9, 2016 5:42 pm
Leth doesn't see much here beyond what Mordred already observed. Scrutinizing the dirtpile, Felor suspects it to be the work of some animal rather than a shovel or any other human tool.
Mar 9, 2016 5:50 pm
"Shall we check out the cavern? I'm worried something slumbers in that pile of dirt, but perhaps it is happy to ignore us." Mordred heads toward the western opening, cautious of an attack from the cavern, and also from the dirtpile.
Last edited March 9, 2016 5:50 pm
Mar 9, 2016 6:06 pm
Mordred scopes out the western opening. It leads to a large, circular, dome-shaped chamber, 50'x50' with a ceiling about 30' high at the center. There are similar wide tunnel openings at the other cardinal directions. In the center of the chamber is a pit about 25' wide, with a catwalk bridge of packed earth, about 4' wide, running across it from east to west. A trickle of water drips from the ceiling, falling to the right side of the bridge, landing with echoing splashes far below.

On the southwest quadrant of the domed ceiling, up near the apex, a message has been written in large white letters with some sort of paint or plaster. The writing is contemporary thieves' cant, and the message says: "TRUST IN WORMFELLOW."
Mar 9, 2016 6:24 pm
Mordred translates the graffiti for the group.

Does "Wormfellow" mean anything to me, in terms of famous or well-known thieves of Bload?

Rolls

History? - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Mar 9, 2016 6:25 pm
Mordred has never heard of Wormfellow.
Mar 9, 2016 6:42 pm
And what direction is Hazard, roughly, from the entrance to the tunnels?
load next

Thread locked