Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

Jun 2, 2016 1:12 pm
OOC:
The NPCs are successfully deceived into thinking they saw a giant Mordred-sized rat...
Jun 2, 2016 4:08 pm
Have a great trip, Spruce!

"What the--" the figures visibly start at the sound of the skittering rats, but their attention is drawn rather fixedly toward the source of the noise. The shorter figure lets out a literal "yawp!" of surprise.

"Who--who goes there?" he asks.
Jun 2, 2016 4:17 pm
Mordred places a finger across his lips in a "shhh" gesture to the rest of the party as he continues to use Thaumaturgy - this time dimming the torches of the two figures dramatically.

Mordred is going to play a little game with the two figures' torches. If they move closer to the party, dim them more, if they move away, brighten them. This effect can last up to 1 minute.

They seem scared and not really up for finding anything, so I'm hoping we can scare them off somehow.
Jun 2, 2016 4:31 pm
Zangua frowns. It seems obvious to him that these strangers aren't hunters; maybe they're related to the guides Zora found when she first entered the Badgerways.

But, he remains quiet and lets the tiefling do his thing.
Jun 2, 2016 4:38 pm
The figures don't come any closer, but the short one takes a moment to screw up some courage and keeps talking. "You--you are trespassers in the domain of the Symbiont Queen. Show yourselves!"

Zora, crouching low to hide, lifts her head at this.
Jun 2, 2016 4:54 pm
Zangua tries to place the name. Doesn't quite match Queen of Rot nor the Squalid Set, though.

Rolls

History - (1d20)

( 8 ) = 8

Jun 2, 2016 5:48 pm
Mordred tries to make his best "Does that mean anything to you?" face at Zora.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+2)

( 18 ) + 2 = 20

Jun 2, 2016 5:50 pm
Not ringing any bells for Zangua.

Lacking a nearby light source, Zora can't really make anything out of Mordred's expression.
Jun 2, 2016 7:36 pm
Symbiont Queen?? Vad asks himself....

Rolls

History - (1d20+1)

( 12 ) + 1 = 13

Jun 2, 2016 7:51 pm
Vad's got nothing.

"Come on, then," the one doing all the talking says, a little bolder now. "If you've just wandered in from the Sett, you've nothing to fear. We'll show you on your way back and forget you were ever here. Alright?"
Jun 2, 2016 7:54 pm
So they are going to show us "back" to the Sett? I guess that meets our needs, but we really need the rest... My concern is that if we do nothing they may come back with reinforcements...
Jun 2, 2016 8:06 pm
OOC:
If it's been at least an hour for a short rest, Zangua's full up on hit points. Let me know if it hasn't been an hour, though, as I wouldn't have been able to use my hit dice.
Zangua looks to the rest of the group, trying to determine if anyone's going to move. He grips the catchpole and seems ready to step out.
Jun 2, 2016 8:11 pm
Vad give Zangua an affirmative nod and prepares to leave his hiding space, ready to follow in behind Zangua should he approach.
Jun 2, 2016 8:17 pm
Yeah, let's do this thing. I'll spend all three Hit Dice, assuming a short rest.

Seeing the determination from the rest of the party, Mordred notches an arrow and waits. If the men move, Mordred will fire.

Rolls

Healing - (3d8)

( 8, 5, 3 ) = 16

Readied Shortbow Attack, Damage - (1d20+3, 1d6)

1d20+3 - ( 7 ) + 3 = 10

1d6 - ( 5 ) = 5

Advantage on surprise attack from Hidden? Ignore if incorrect. - (1d20+3)

( 8 ) + 3 = 11

Jun 2, 2016 8:18 pm
The talker takes a cautious step forward. His torch dims. He stops and seems to look at it quizzically. "Eh...alright, then? Let's do this nice and peaceful, yes?"

Edit: n.b. you can see in the torchlight that these men have swords on their hips, and the tall one has his hand resting on the hilt of his. I'm assuming Mordred did his trick with the torchlight, then readied his bow.
Jun 2, 2016 8:21 pm
Mordred will shoot the one who did not step forward - let Zangua and the catchpole take care of the closer one.
Jun 2, 2016 8:23 pm
Zangua steps forward into the torchlight, one hand upon the catchpole, but the other held out open and empty. "Peaceful," he repeats. "You are?"
Jun 2, 2016 8:25 pm
Ack, wait, if Zangua wants to play it peaceful, Mordred will delay the attack, but keep it readied.
Jun 2, 2016 8:25 pm
OK, to clarify, is Mordred shooting immediately, or waiting for any further actions on their part?
Jun 2, 2016 8:27 pm
Sorry, yeah, wait until they take an aggressive action at this point, like drawing swords.
49 of 50
<< First < 47 48 49 50 >

Thread locked