Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
May 27, 2016 12:08 pm
"Your mother? Zora, what's going on here? I've never heard you or Edvers speak of her or the Six-Pronged Crown until just now. You know I would do anything for you, but we've all risked our lives tracking you down, and I think this is your chance to tell us everything you know."
May 27, 2016 3:49 pm
That recap is accurate.

Zora gives Mordred a bit of side-eye. "I've told you everything I know. The last time I saw my mother, I was barely old enough to talk. Dad used to work for her, when he was a treasure hunter. Neither of them planned on becoming parents. He flinched first, I guess. And the Six-Pronged Crown...I'd never heard a word about that until the morning he left. He just told me to take that tile to my mother, that she'd know what to do when she saw it." She looks up. "The tile. Do you still have it?"
May 28, 2016 5:28 pm
His assessment of the catchpole is as complete as it's going to get right now, so Zangua finds a bit of earth and wall to sit back and rest.

Rolls

Recover HP - (3d10+9)

(3109) + 9 = 31

May 28, 2016 11:38 pm
OOC:
We taking a short rest, then? Or a long rest?
May 30, 2016 1:20 pm
As he gets ready to bed down, Felor's mind turns to the five copper rings they found earlier that day in the goblin hoard. Out of curiosity he puts them on - one on each finger of one hand - to see if there's any obvious effect.
May 31, 2016 3:45 pm
Felor can't notice anything happening when he tries on the rings.

Any more questions for Zora or activities here before you all start resting up?
May 31, 2016 4:00 pm
Not as far as Mordred is concerned.

I think a long rest is called for.
May 31, 2016 4:45 pm
No questions from me. Yes to long rest.
OOC:
rocksteady - I'm wearing the "Five simple copper rings" so they can be removed from the party stash.
May 31, 2016 5:09 pm
With Zora taking first watch, you all settle in as best you can to rest up from your grueling battle with the Implacable.

Mordred isn't sure how long he'd been asleep before Zora shakes him awake, but his first thought is that it can't nearly have been long enough. The darkness seems to spin around his head, even though he can't see anything. But as soon as Zora presses her face to his ear, he snaps into a quick sort of focus.

"Somebody's here," she whispers as quietly as she can, and Mordred's eyes flick toward the glow at the edge of his vision, and see the pair of torches moving through the cavern a few dozen yards away. Carefully, Zora starts waking up the other party members as well.
May 31, 2016 5:26 pm
Zangua stirs from his seated position against the wall. He didn't get much rest, considering he was semi-upright and still hadn't removed his armor in this dangerous place. The previous battle obviously took a bit of a toll on him, as he gingerly rises with the aid of the catchpole.

His soldier-sense kicking in, Zangua pads over to the entrance of their resting spot, hoping to ambush whomever enters.

Rolls

Stealth, Disadvantage - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (8) + 2 = 10

1d20+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

May 31, 2016 8:15 pm
Felor carefully eases himself into a crouch, quietly grabbing his spear and shield, but without attempting to move away from where he was sleeping lest his armour make too much noise.
May 31, 2016 8:20 pm
The torches stop for a moment.

"Shhh. You hear something?"

A pause. "Neh."

They keep moving, heading in a generally northward direction.
Jun 1, 2016 12:50 am
Nothing like a 10 minute nap Vad says to himself, not quite sure how long he's actually been asleep. Looking for a place to hide he whispers to no one in particular, "Maybe they'll just leave us the hell alone..."

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Jun 1, 2016 12:11 pm
Mordred attempts to move closer to the voices to see who or what they might be.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Jun 1, 2016 4:05 pm
OOC:
Did the voices sound like goblin, or human?
Zangua inwardly curses his lack of experience with this metal armor, as the noise was rather too loud for his own liking. He tries to remain still where he is, and continues to listen.
Jun 1, 2016 4:52 pm
The torches stop again. You can just barely hear whispering.

Mordred can make out two human-looking figures bearing the torches, one tall and one short and stout.
Jun 1, 2016 5:04 pm
Well, if they're not investigating a possible noise it seems unlikely they're searching for us, at least, thinks Felor.
Jun 1, 2016 5:12 pm
You hear an unintelligible whisper, which is responded to with a somewhat louder "No, YOU go look."
Jun 2, 2016 3:02 am
Shamush lay sprawled against the wall of the cave, his feet spread out before him. Blearily he blinks his eyes slowly awake and groans quietly.

Just a note, gang: I'm going on an epic roadtrip starting tomorrow and ending the 18th or so. I should be able to check in at least once a day, but if I go quiet for a bit, that's why.
Jun 2, 2016 12:15 pm
Drawing Thaumaturgic energies around him, Mordred creates the sounds of rats skittering and chattering emanating from the party's hiding place, and takes advantage of the magical distraction to attempt to get a better view of the figures.

ETA: Oh no.
Last edited June 2, 2016 12:15 pm

Rolls

Deception (in case I need it) - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

load next

Thread locked