Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
May 25, 2016 12:01 am
The silver cage, the amber beads, and the copper tablets all have inherent value. Sadly, you have not yet encountered any jawas.
May 25, 2016 12:25 am
Shamush fingers the beads and lifts them up to examine them in the dim light. He squints at the wasps and says with some admiration, "This would make a nice necklace... I say nice, but maybe, uh, "interesting" is the better word." He looks to Felor and Vad, and asks, "What did all this stuff do? Any idea? What kind of person can make something like this?"
May 25, 2016 3:45 am
Leth breathes a sigh of relief when The Implacable finally goes down, and hovers over Felor's shoulder as he inspects the construct's innards. Having next to no knowledge of Magic and it's varied applications, however, he is pretty lost as to what any of it means, and doesn't even try to offer his own theories. He does, however, perk up when Zangua mentions taking a break to recover a bit.
Quote:
"Speaking of, we should find somewhere to lick our wounds. I'm feeling real hurt from where this thing caught me."
"I agree... That catchpole really did a number on me as well." Leth says, eyeing the weapon in Zangua's hands.
OOC:
When we first heard about it, I actually pictured this thing looking like The Destroyer from Thor until we ran into it. IG-88 was a good call tho
Last edited May 25, 2016 3:48 am
May 25, 2016 12:44 pm
From roaming about the cavern a bit while the others examine the entrails, are there any potential campsites where the party wouldn't be immediately visible to any trolls or werebadgers passing through?
May 25, 2016 4:44 pm
Mordred wanders southwest a few hundred yards, and finds that there the cavern contracts into a small warren of branching alcoves, any of which might provide some cover for a good rest.
May 25, 2016 5:02 pm
Mordred waves the party over to a comfy alcove and sets up a simple camp. He offers to take first watch and begins patching his armor and memorizing spells.
May 25, 2016 5:11 pm
Thankful for the break, Zangua spends some time recalling his training with polearms and staffs. He studies the catchpole to figure out the best way to use it for the benefit of good, this time around.
OOC:
Zangua will claim the catchpole unless someone else wants it. As a fighter he has proficiency, and reasons that he can inflict some of this pain on the bad guys, it ought to balance out the bad karma.
May 25, 2016 6:01 pm
OOC:
Zangua taking the catchpole is A-OK with me.
As they settle down to rest, Felor will inspect Zangua and Leth's wounds caused by the catchpole to check for any signs of poisoning.

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

May 25, 2016 6:07 pm
The blood-thickening effects of the poison appear to be localized and contained. Felor expects the wounds to heal normally.

Zora sits near the mouth of the alcove, watching. She seems tense and restive. But also hungry -- she doesn't hesitate to ask for any extra rations any of you might be able to throw her way. She taps and spins the point of her javelin on the ground while she eats.

"I can take watch," she tells Mordred. "I don't think I can sleep in here."

Are any of you keeping any of the Implacable's innards?
May 25, 2016 6:14 pm
Take the three items with some value (cage, beads, and tablets), plus the cracked gem, I reckon?
May 25, 2016 6:19 pm
There were several days of rations in her pack, IIRC. I deleted it from Party Loot when I gave it back to her.

Not sure what I think about keeping The Implacable's gullyworks. Might be nice to have proof we killed it, but I worry about Adan being able to track it somehow. Hopefully his power to track Zora ended with the robot.

Mordred is going to take another look at the goblin treasure and see if any of it means anything.

ETA: We OK to heal up and recharge spell slots and whatnot?
Last edited May 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Rolls

History/Religion/Arcana (all the same modifier) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

May 25, 2016 6:27 pm
Zangua is perfectly willing to pocket some of the expensive-looking items from the guts of the Implacable, if no one else takes them (he knows Shamush took the beaded wasp necklace). Thoughts of magical tracking are too foreign for him to ignore the apparent profit from their sale or trade.
May 25, 2016 6:35 pm
The goblin treasure is on page 18 if anyone wants to review what was found. None of it means any more to you now than it did back then, however.
May 25, 2016 6:47 pm
It's also on my character sheet under Party Loot, FYI. I've removed things that were used or claimed by individuals (like the sword).
May 25, 2016 6:59 pm
The rest of the party setting up camp, Felor lowers his weary body to the ground. The battle with the construct had been traumatic, with his friends receiving grievous - but thankfully non-life-threatening - injuries. For a while there he had honestly thought this mechanical creature could not be defeated. It seemed even his god had forsaken him for a time - he had called for her aid but none had been forthcoming.
Fjorgyn was not a fierce god for the most part. She was slow to anger; stoic; as immovable and as indifferent as a mountain range. But when roused, she had the power of an avalanche - unstoppable and all-consuming.
Maybe the party's petty troubles with a construct and a missing orb were below Fjorgyn's concern? It could be that their destiny here was to find justice with the sweat of their own brow, and the blood from their own veins, without divine intervention.
But for now it was time to rest, and meditate on their continued quest.
May 26, 2016 1:47 pm
Mordred looks over at Zora before he gets into his bedroll. "You said you had to deliver the tile to someone in Hazard at.. a trading company, I think you said? Who is this person exactly, and how much do you know about them? Maybe one of us knows something of them or their company." Having secretly held on to the tile, Mordred hopes this question doesn't spur her to check her pack for it, but she seemed to be hiding something earlier, and he wants to get to the bottom of it.
Last edited May 27, 2016 12:07 pm
May 26, 2016 3:54 pm
Zora rolls her eyes, looks away, and taps her javelin on the ground a few more times.

After a moment, she answers. "It's my mother."
May 26, 2016 3:56 pm
Do I know/remember anything about her mother from her or Edvers?

Rolls

Insight (?) - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

May 26, 2016 4:44 pm
Mordred can't remember her ever coming up in conversation. In fact, you'd sort of assumed that her absence and the silence around her meant she had died.
May 27, 2016 10:08 am
OOC:
OK so, quick recap:
Edvers was formerly part of the Crown Guys. They forced him to steal the Iron Sphere, but he hid it. Gave Zora the tile to take to her mother (head of a trading company) in Hazard. Edvers thought Zora was part of an ancient prophesy (specifics unknown) by Mirza Horgul.
To get to Hazard we need to go through the Squalid Set (ruled by Queen of Rot) which extends under Hazard. Tunnels leading there marked with red.
load next

Thread locked