Second Storm: Past and Present

load previous
May 5, 2020 8:25 am
OOC:
Ah right, I need to be clearer there :D
As Elijah is about to give up his search for the ghost, the strange cold intensifies and he hears the foreign whispers charged with an emotional turmoil. As he turns back to see it, he is suddenly pushed back, falling in the middle of the street into the path of a bus. Elijah tries to roll out of the way as soon as he notices, but some strange feeling takes over him... a feeling of impending doom, strangely, not related to the unstoppable bus coming his way...
OOC:
I guess I need to escape now... though the dice are not going that well... I guess I don't escape
CESN sent a note to kalajel
[ +- ] French
Last edited May 5, 2020 3:13 pm

Rolls

Escape the situation (Blood) - (2d6)

(31) = 4

May 5, 2020 9:03 am
Suzhen walked unerringly towards the apartments, guided by the magic that puilled her closer and closer to one of her kin. She didn't know who it might be, but the bond was unmistakeable. Observing the apartment first, then entering it, she continued her way until she reached the correct door, and paused to observe further, before knocking.
May 5, 2020 2:33 pm
@ Édouard: Alex hésite pendant un moment pus dit "Si j'ai vraiment besoin d'aide, j'imagines que ça peut pas faire de mal de demander à plusieurs personnes... J'peux toujours aller voir Léopold plus tard. T'as une place où ont peut parler en privé?"

Que fais-tu?

@ Suzhen: Sure que le Dragon habite bel et bien ici, Suzhen cogne à la porte. Un homme plus agé d'origine Chinoise ouvre la porte, et alors qu'il demande à Suzhen ce qu'elle veut, une lueure de familiarité brille dans ses yeux, et l'homme demande à Suzhen si c'est bien elle...

@ Édouard: Alex hesitates for a moment, but then realizes he can ask multiple people to help him and asks Édouard if there's a place they can speak in private.

@ Elijah:
OOC:
Escape a Situation to get out of the bus' way, but you roll at +0 with Blood. You could also use Keep Your Cool with +1 from Spirit instead. I'll let you re-roll if you go with Keep Your Cool. I also think that the intention behind Foretelling is to be used in a situation where it is obvious that you and/or the group are presently in danger (such as after me playing a move that puts you in danger) and really need to get your butts out of there. Of course playing it that early in the storm will be awkward as there aren't really any dangerous situation at the moment (well, aside from the bus about to run you over), and it can be difficult to predict one such situation...
@ Suzhen: Aside from being certain the Dragon lives here, nothing seems out of the ordinary. You then knock. You hear movement from the other side of the door which eventually opens. You seen an older man of Chinese descent who sort of reminds you of Fei Lungs human form, but a bit less regal-loooking and minus the traditional Chinese garb. He looks at you and asks "Yes? Can I help..." then there seems to be a glimmer of familiarity in his eyes "S-suzhen, is that really you?".

What do you do?

@ Toby:
OOC:
You know he lives in Ahunsic. Go ahead and tell us what sort of services you could have done to a Scholar for him to owe you one...
May 5, 2020 3:12 pm
OOC:
If I had rolled with spirit, I would still have failed, but I can re-roll :D

stroke the bit about the vision. Elijah is just keeping his cool and rolling out of the way in style instead of being run over
Last edited May 5, 2020 3:14 pm

Rolls

Once more with spirit - (2d6+1)

(65) + 1 = 12

May 5, 2020 6:36 pm
OOC:
@ Elijah: Well, I don't want a player character to die as soon as he's introduce. Consider this one your freebie. :P. You manage to get out of the way of the bus just in the nick of time. Tell us what that looks like.
May 6, 2020 12:57 am
Edouard dirige Alex vers son petit coin tranquille du resto ou il discute habituellement avec ses "clients". "C'Est d'habitude suffisamment tranquille ici pour etre discret et ne pas attirer l'attention mais, si tu preferes, on peut aller marcher un peu. Prends-tu un café ou quelque chose?"

Edouard set up a place to talk and makes Alex comfortable.
Last edited May 6, 2020 12:58 am
May 6, 2020 1:55 am
"Ah, Sergio... I’m familiar. Well, thank you for your time, Ms Lemaire. I’ll be back soon."
With that, Toby leaves the store and, keeping an eye out for his ‘stalkers’, drives to Ahuntsic to speak to Sergio about this book. He’s met Sergio before and, in fact, gave the scholar a box of old books and stuff he had been trying to get rid of in an effort to declutter his apartment. Most of it seemed like old junk to Toby but Sergio was pretty excited about it… Antique collectors are so weird…
May 6, 2020 8:20 am
kalajel says:
@ Elijah: Well, I don't want a player character to die as soon as he's introduce. Consider this one your freebie. :P. You manage to get out of the way of the bus just in the nick of time. Tell us what that looks like.
OOC:
That would have been a memorable start :D
Elijah notices the bus coming his way and rolls out of the way as the bus driver tries to stop the massive vehicle. As the noise from the sudden break die down, the driver gets out to check on the madman on the road. Relieved to find him alive, the driver starts shouting warnings and insults too quickly for Elijah to understand, mostly to vent out the tension of the situation before he gets back to the bus. Elijah looks back, trying to catch a glimpse of the ghost, realising that he is not ready to deal with spirits yet. However, he may just know where to find someone with a better understanding about these manifestations. He looked at the time and decides to look for a witch that can help him, those whispers and their emotions haunting his mind as he walks back.

Elijah remarque le bus venir vers lui et sort du chemin pendant que le conducteur essaie d'arrêter le véhicule massif. Alors que les bruits de l'arrêt soudain diminuaient, le chauffeur sortit pour vérifier le fou qui était dans la rue. Soulagé qu'il soit toujours en vie, le chauffeur commence à crier des avis et insultes trop rapidement pour qu'Elijah puisse les comprendre, surtout pour évacuer la tension de la situation avant de retourner dans le bus. Elijah regarde à nouveau où il était avant l'incident, essayant d'avoir un aperçu du fantôme, alors il se rend compte qu'il n'est pas encore prêt à faire face aux esprits. Cependant, il peut juste savoir où il peut trouver quelqu'un avec une meilleure compréhension de ces manifestations. Il regarde l'heure et décide de chercher un sorcier ou une sorcière qui peut l'aider, les murmures et les émotions du fantôme hantant son esprit alors qu'il marche.
Last edited May 6, 2020 8:25 am

Rolls

hit the street (power) - (2d6+1)

(43) + 1 = 8

May 6, 2020 12:15 pm
Suzhen was all guarded, ready to react depending who opened the door. What she did not expect to find was a familiar face, and the uncertainty in the tone of voice that threw her off. She stood there, and could only utter a reply. "Yes it's me, Suzhen." Could it be that the older man was her ...
May 6, 2020 4:01 pm
@ Édouard: Te ressent l'inquiétude et nervosité chez Alex alors qu'il s'assoit "Euh, J'suis partis un peut brusque à matin quand j'ai eu les mauvaises nouvelles... J'ai pas encore déjeuné. Ils font une crisse de bonne omelette ici avec des toasts pis du bacon. j'vas prendre ça avec un café."

@ Elijah: Elijah se relève et se secoue du mieux qu'il peut, mais il demeure humide du à la neige et la slush dans la rue. Témoins et curieux l'observe alors qu'ils discutent de ce qui vient de se passer. Quand Elijah entend parler de théorie de tentative de suicide, il se dit qu'il est temps qu'il parte trouver une sorcière avant que la police n'arrive...

@ Suzhen: Le vieil homme est soudainement ému lorsque Suzhen confirme son identité. Il prononce le mot "fille" en Chinois "女儿" puis étreint Suzhen dans ses bras.

@ Toby: Toby sonne à la porte de Sergio et celui-ci répond. "Ah, mon amis Tobias. As-tu d'autres livres pour moi?"

@ Édouard: Édouard can feel the worry and nervousness from Alex as he takes a seat at the table. He then says he did not eat breakfast yet today and will take an omelette.

@ Elijah:
OOC:
Good French so far by the way.
You get up and dust yourself as best you can, a bit wet from the snow and slush in the streets. Witnesses of the event and the curious staring at you after the bus driver leaves. You can overhear some of the discussion, people thinking this was a suicide attempt... Urh, that means the police gets involved. Better leave and find a witch quickly...
OOC:
You can go ahead and mark Power if this is not already the case. With a soft hit on Hit the Streets, you must choose between one of the following:
• whoever is going to is juggling their own problem.
• whatever you need is more costly than anticipated
Make your choice and tell us what that looks like.
@ Suzhen: As you confirm your identity, the old man's eyes water as he pronounces the Chinese word for "daughter" "女儿". He embraces you and tears streak down his face as he holds you in his arms.

@ Toby: You ring on Sergio's bell and he soon answers "Ah Tobias, my friend. You have more books for me?".

What do you do?
May 6, 2020 9:00 pm
Une omelette et deux café alors!" Edouard commande le tout et revient s'asseoir devant Alex. "Bon appétit mon ami, quand tu es prêt, raconte moi ce que tu as entendu. Inquiète toi pas si ya des bouts bizarres, j'en ai vu pas mal déjà, hehe."

Edouard order breakfast and coffe and sit back to hear Alex's story.
May 7, 2020 12:38 am
"Actually, I’m hoping you might have something for me this time," says Toby. "I’m in need of a book that I’m told you possess. It’s called, um... ‘Myths and Legends of the Native People of Canada', I believe?"
Last edited May 7, 2020 12:39 am
May 7, 2020 8:10 am
OOC:
whoever is going to is juggling their own problem.
I'm going to leave there identity open in case there is a matching NPC that can be re-used.
Elijah stops in front of a nearby building where he knows the witch he is looking for works. She has the reputation of performing all sorts of spiritual rituals and establishing all sorts of otherworldly contacts, being the best person he can think of in this new city. He enters the little esoteric boutique, immediately noticing the eerie silence. Everything stands still in a way that is... too quiet. He can't find anyone inside, but there are also no signs of struggle or anything else suggesting why the shop is abandoned, though the air feels rarified and colder than it should, as if the inside was in a place not matching the outside. Behind the counter, he notices and open book, just a regular novel someone was recently reading about a werewolf and a vampire fighting over a girl. He grabs the book and is suddenly overwhelmed by a chaos of emotions: fear, anger, uncertainty. Similar to those from before, but yet different somehow. More chaotic, wild and colder.
OOC:
The dice are going great: On a miss, the emotion of the object overwhelms you and you take -1 ongoing for the scene.
Elijah s'arrête devant un bâtiment proche où il sait que la sorcière qu'il cherche travaille. Elle a la réputation d'exécuter toutes sortes de rituels spirituels et d'établir toutes sortes de contacts avec l'autre monde, étant la meilleure personne à laquelle il puisse penser dans cette nouvelle ville. Il entre dans la petite boutique ésotérique, remarquant immédiatement le silence inquiétant. Tout reste immobile d'une manière qui est ... trop calme. Il ne peut trouver personne à l'intérieur, mais il n'y a également aucun signe de lutte ou quelque d'autre chose qu'indique pourquoi le magasin est abandonné, bien que l'air se sente raréfié et plus froid qu'il devrait, comme si l'intérieur était dans un endroit ne correspondant pas à l'extérieur. Derrière le comptoir, il remarque un livre ouvert, juste un roman ordinaire que quelqu'un a récemment lu sur un loup-garou et un vampire se disputant une fille. Il prend le livre et est soudain submergé par un chaos d'émotions: peur, colère, incertitude. Similaire à ceux d'avant, mais d'une façon différent. Plus chaotique, sauvage et plus froid.
Last edited May 7, 2020 8:37 am

Rolls

Psychometry - (2d6+1)

(31) + 1 = 5

May 7, 2020 11:45 am
Thunderstruck, Suzhen collapsed onto the floor, kneeling as the man embraced her. Her tears began to flow freely as well, as it was always the case with such reunions. Reincarnation was an uncertain affair. In the great karmic wheel, a dragon did not know how or where they might return as; they also cannot guess or predict who might reincarnate alongside them in their lifetime. A family member, a loved one, an enemy, all were possible connections to a dragon's lineage, all were their brood. She was fortunate to have Chretien in the last few cycles. But her father? She hadn't met her father for the longest time.

She continued to hold him tightly, barely letting him go until it occurred to both of them to enter the apartment and sit down in the living room. The questions came tumbling out. "How are you? How is your health? How long have you been here? What have you been up to all this time? I hadn't known you were in Montreal, if only I had known..."
May 7, 2020 2:17 pm
@ Édouard: "Merci". Alex commence à t'expliquer l'affaire entre deux bouchées, il avait vraiment faim. "Mes deux cousins sont dans la marde, mais pour deux raisons différentes... Pour Steve, je croix que ça à commencé il y à environ deux mois. Sa mère nous donnait des nouvelles que sont comportement semblait avoir changé... Finalement dernièrement j'ai découvert pourquoi. Il semble avoir joint une genre de secte."

Encore une autre bouchée, et un peut de café.

"Le nom c'est... L'Otto Draconique? Non... L'Ordo Draconique? Hmm, ça semble pas encore bon... Ah! L'Ordo Draconis! Oui, c'est ça! En creusant un peut, j'ai récemment découvert qu'ils ont fait beaucoup de recrutement de gens des Premières Nations, surtout à Kanawake et à Oka, mais ils semblent avoir traqué mon cousin ici à Montréal et l'ont embarqué dans leurs affaire... Oh oui, mon cousin est autochtone..."

Tabarak, L'Ordo draconis est de retour. T'avais vraiment pas besoin de ce genre de nouvelles là... Alex prend une autre bouchée...

"Mon autre cousin Mathieu, de l'autre côté de ma famille, semble nous avoir gardé un grave secret depuis longtemps... Euh, peux tu me dire ce que tu sais sur les Qliphoths?"

@ Elijah: Elijah prend le livre et ses sens sont surchargés. Tout ce qu'il sait c'est que quelque chose d'horrible s'est passé ici et il peut presque sentir une aura résiduelle démoniaque...

@ Suzhen: Suzhen et son père entrent et s'installend dans le salon pour discuter. Son père lui annonce qu'il est arrivé à Montréal il y à environ deux mois suivant les rumeurs de la défaite de L'Ordo Draconis puis l'informe qu'il travaille présentement chez un fleuriste en attendant de se trouver un emploi comme botaniste....

@ Toby: Sergio pense que Toby lui fait une blague, puis l'informe que ce livre est très rare et précieux...

@ Edouard, between bites of his breakfast and gulps of his coffee Alex starts telling you about his two cousins. His first cousin, a native man, has recently been recruited by the Ordo Draconis. It seems they have been doing some recruiting among the First Nations lately... As for his second cousin, Alex first ask if Édouard knows anything about the Qliphoths...

@ Elijah: You pick up the book, and suddenly you're assaulted by strong sensations, something vile... maybe even demonic you'd be tempted to say overwhelms you and you drop the book in a scream (with that miss you'll take a -1 ongoing for this scene). Something bad happened to the witch and you need to get to the bottom of this...

@ Suzhen: Your father ushers you inside, drying off his tears from his face "Whoah, whoah, whoah. One question at a time little one. We have so much catching up to do, but now that we've finally found each other, we'll have all the time in the world to reconnect.
OOC:
Since you've just found your Sire, you can go ahead and increase one of your stats by +1 (max +3)
You sit on the couch in his living room as he prepares some tea. "Ah, where to begin? I am doing fine, may health is fine. this mortal body might look old, but in my rages the soul of a dragon, so I am in much better shape than a human my age would. I arrived here maybe a little over a month and a half ago, not quite two months, when I heard rumors that there was this city in Canada where the Ordo Draconis was dealt a crippling blow. I came here hoping you might have heard the same news... I guess my hunch was right. As I arrived, I took up a job at a florist, helping them grow their greenhouse flowers, but when the warm season will some, I hope to find a job as a botanist somewhere on or around the island. Tell me, what about you? How things are going?"

@ Toby: "Surely you must be kidding? This book is practically priceless. There are only 6 copies left in the whole wide world! It seem something bad usually happens to the copies or their owners. Some say the book is cursed... This is precisely the sort of thing I want in my collection." He chuckles. Yeah Sergio is weird...

What do you do?
May 8, 2020 1:40 am
"I understand that this book is valuable but I need it to help a close friend of mine. Is there no way I could persuade you to part with it? I gave you a whole box full of books a few months back. I thought that you might repay that Debt by giving me this one special book in return..."
OOC:
Toby is trying to cash in a Debt for a ‘worthy and useful gift without cost’ (hopefully the book in question, though I think the rules say that NPCs don’t have to honour specific requests...)
Last edited May 8, 2020 1:41 am
May 8, 2020 6:53 am
"Qliphoths? Non, je suis pas familier. Qu'est-ce que c'est? Mais j'ai déjà eu a dealer avec l'Ordo Draconis t'as eu raison de chercher de l'aide ils peuvent être très dangereux."
May 8, 2020 7:32 am
"Thank goodness you're safely here then." Suzhen moved to help him with the tea, a familiar exercise to them both. Although she was a guest, as the daughter she served the tea for both of them when it was ready. "Some friends and I managed to push back against the Ordo for a while. They are by no means eliminated, probably consolidating themselves. I also came here less than half a year ago, in search of Chretien. You remember him. He had mysteriously vanished, and his trail led here. I also found Liana." The details of the past months came out, slowly at first, then more and more as Suzhen found herself with someone to talk to, who would understand. Fei Lung was a senior figure for her, but he wasn't family. Unlike her own true father. Suddenly, Suzhen felt less alone in the world. She also talked a bit about her plans, notably, the recovery of the dragon scrolls.

"Do you have any insight on the matter? I will track my stolen one. But I intend to find the others as well."
OOC:
Adding +1 to Mind
Last edited May 8, 2020 7:32 am
May 8, 2020 11:20 am
Elijah falls on the empty chair as he loses his strength from the mental effort. What is going on in this city? he wonders as he considers the demonic taint in the room. There is clearly nothing for him there now, no clue left behind. Still, he must find the witch.

He stands up to leave the little store and takes his mobile from his pocket. It is getting late... He takes a deep breath and decides to go back and set up his fortune telling tent. If he hurries he should have time to grab some food before meeting his first client for the day.

He doesn't know many people yet, but there is one well connected charismatic... person he knows, who may be interested in all these emotions... He will have to just sit and wait for fate to work as he texts Édouard a very brief message: "Something's up. Meet at the tent?"

Elijah tombe sur la chaise alors qu'il perd ses forces à cause de l'effort mental. Que se passe-t-il dans cette ville? il se demande en considérant la souillure démoniaque dans la salle. Il n'y a clairement rien pour lui là-bas maintenant, aucun indice laissé pour trouver. Pourtant, il doit trouver la sorcière.

Il se lève pour quitter le petit magasin et prend son portable de sa poche. Il se fait tard ... Il prend une profonde inspiration et décide de rentrer et de préparer sa tente de clavoyage. S'il se dépêche, il devrait avoir le temps de prendre de la nourriture avant de rencontrer son premier client de la journée.

Il ne connaît pas encore beaucoup de gens, mais il y a une... personne charismatique bien connectée qu'il connaît et qui peut être intéressée par toutes ces émotions ... il envoye un très bref message à Édouard: [b] "Quelque chose se passe. Rendez-vous à la tente?"
Last edited May 8, 2020 11:21 am
May 8, 2020 4:49 pm
@ Édouard: Alex sourit "Oauis, il y à pas grand monde qui sont au courant de ça, c'est de la Cabale Juive. Le Sephirot est l'arbre de vie, une genre de représentation des différents niveaux ou paliers du paradis, leurs inter-relation, avec Dieu en son sommet. Mais si on creuse, cet arbre de la vie n'as pas de racine, mais plutôt un autre arbre qui "pousse" à l'envers dans le sol, si on veut. Son contraire, le Qliphoth. L'arbre de la mort. La représentation de l'enfer avec Satan en son sommet... Mon autre cousin, Mathieu, nous à caché un sombre secret pendant qui sait combien d'années. Il se trouve qu'il sert l'un de ces Qliphoths et je croix qu'il veut s'en sortir."

Ce Alex semble connaitre beaucoup de choses... C'est pas un mortel ordinaire... Probablement un Aware? Tes pensés sont intérrompues quand ton téléphone sonne, c'est Elijah, le Oracle qui est arrivé à Montréal peut de temps après que vous ayez résolu le conflit créé par Vincent.

Que fais-tu?

@ Suzhen: Ton père écoute ton récit et est comptent que tu ai retrouvée Chrétien et Liana. Puis, concernant les parchemins, il te suggère de vérifier les musées, collectionneurs, et Scholars pour tout indice sur eux puisque les parchemins semble souvent être convoités par les mortels...

@ Toby: Sergio comprend qu'il en doit une à Toby, mais est encore réticent à simplement lui donner un livre si dispendieux. Puis il lui offre l'option d'en faire une copie...

@ Édouard: Alex explains the whole principle of the Sephirot and Qliphoth form the Jewish Kabala. It seems his other cousin Mathieu may have been serving one of those demonic Qliphoth for who knows how many years and now wants out. Then your cellphone rings, it's Elijah.

What do you do?

@ Elijah:
OOC:
You're waiting for Édouard to pick up.
@ Suzhen: Your father listens to all the stories you have to tell him. "Ah yes, your mate, Chrétien Leroux... Or The Red as he was known long ago. How is he doing? And your Friend Liana The Green is here too? Amazing. Perhaps one of these days we should all go out and grab something to eat the four of us for old time's sake."

Then you ask him for advice about the scrolls of The fivefold Path of the Dragon. "Ah yes, valuable artefacts of our former glory. Our scrolls often find their way in the hands of mortal who strangely enough seem to covet them despite their inability to read or decipher them. My advice would be to check museums, collectors of artefacts, antiques and curios, maybe even Scholars. Those last ones can be invaluable source of information. I've heard of a few here in Montréal. Sergio Esposito, Henry Greenfield... Perhaps you should pay them a visit.".

@ Toby: "And I greatly appreciate the volumes you gave me, but their values do not even come close to compare... Hmm, listen, you think your friend would be okay with a reproduction? I have some contacts and I'm confident they could have one ready by the end of the week. It won't be worth as much, but if your friend is only after the contents of the book, it should be enough for them, right?.

What do you do?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.