Second Storm: Past and Present

load previous
May 8, 2020 7:57 pm
"Oh un instant"Edouard jette un coup d'oeil a son cell et réponds un court message Avec un client, je t'appelle quand j'ai fini Revenant a Alex "Ouais, j'avais un ami dans un position similaire a ton cousin, quoique qu'il semblait assez satisfait de sa situation. Pour Steve, va falloir agir vite, l'Ordo est pas mal fort sur le lavage de cerveau, mais ca fait pas longtemps qu'il a été recruté alors ya peut-etre encore temps de le ramener a la raison. Et pour Mathieu, ca me ferait plaisir de l'aider, on a tous besoin d'aide un moment ou l'autre pour faire face a nos démons haha! Alors comment tu veux procéder? Tu veux aller les voir ensemble ou tu me donne leurs infos pour que j'aille leur parler?"

@Elijah "With a client, call you back after"

Edouard check with Alex how he wants to proceed with his cousins.
May 8, 2020 9:18 pm
Toby thinks about this then shakes his head. "I'm not sure a reproduction will be good enough. And I really don’t want to wait a whole week anyway..."
Last edited May 9, 2020 11:53 am
May 9, 2020 1:06 pm
Greenfield had one all along, and he never even hinted at it! Suzhen memorised all the names. It was time to recover the scrolls, all of them. But now, now she just wanted to spend time with her father. "Let me cook for you." It was the filial thing to do. Suzhen went to the kitchen and busied herself with whatever she could find from the fridge. The hours passed in her father's apartment. She didn't want to leave.

But it was time to get a move on. Pressing matters required her attention. First up was to resume the trail of her own scroll.
May 9, 2020 7:42 pm
@ Édouard: Alex réfléchit pendant qu'il continue de mastiquer son déjeuner... "Mathieu est probablement dans la pire marde et depuis le plus longtemps, mais en même temps tu semble avoie de l'expérience avec cette secte et il faudrait agir vite avant que Steve ne se fasse laver le cerveau... C'est comme tu veux. Dis-moi lequel de mes cousins tu veux aider en premier et moi je vais aller voir Léopold Petroni pour qu'il m'aide avec l'autre."

@ Elijah: Il semble qu'Édouard soit occupé et tu n'as aucune idées quand il va pouvoir te rappeler...

Que fais-tu?

@ Toby: Sergio est insistant, il n'à pas l'intention de simplement te donner le livre. Soit su attends la copie, soit tu te fait plus convaincant, soit tu trouve une autre façon d'obtenir le livre...

@ Édouard: Alex thinks for a moment, weighting the pros and cons of helping one cousin first over the other... Then leaves the choice to Édouard: Alex still intent on seeking Leopold's help with the other cousin...

@ Elijah: It seems Édouard is a bit busy at the moment. Maybe he'll be able to get back to you soon, maybe he won't who knows what he's up to at the moment...

What do you do?

@ Suzhen:
OOC:
Since you're spending hours with your father, I'll let the other players post a bit before getting back to you.
@ Toby: "Well, you're going to have to wait because I'm not giving you the book. I'm being fair here, my offer is more than reasonable. It's like you're expecting me to give you a vintage Ferrari because you gave me a few nice bicycles... If you want things in this city, I suggest you work on negotiation skills."

Looks like Sergio won't simply hand over the book to you... Maybe you can try Persuade an NPC wit a +3 bonus for cashing in that Debt, or you could always find a way to steal the book...

What do you do?
May 10, 2020 1:00 am
Toby sighs. He didn’t want to lie and steal his way through this one but it looks like Sergio is leaving him little choice. "I’m sorry. I know I’m asking a lot of you. Could you just lend it to me for a little while, perhaps? I don’t need it for long, just one or two days, and then I promise I’ll return it to you."
Last edited May 10, 2020 4:13 am

Rolls

Persuade an NPC - (2d6+4)

(12) + 4 = 7

May 10, 2020 4:57 am
"Mmm, je commencerais par parler a Mathieu alors. Mes antécédents avec l'Ordo Draconis pourrait compliquer l'approche, surtout s'il ont décider de se souvenir de moi comme un ennemi, et quelqu'un avec une réputation plus neutre aurait peut-etre moins de résistance. Si Léopold a pas de succès avec l'approche douce, je peux toujours utiliser une méthode plus corsé après.
Pour Mathieu, va falloir que je m’assois avec lui pour comprendre ce qui l'aiderais au juste, mais je sais au moins qu'il a besoin de quelqu'un qui peut tenir tête au genre de "bullies" auquel il a affaire et je suis beaucoup plus tough que j'en ai l'air."

Edouard choose to help Mathieu with his demon problem first.
May 10, 2020 2:47 pm
@ Édouard: Alex se dépêche de terminer son déjeuner... "Okay, parfait! Mon cousin, Mathieu Valière reste pas trop loin d'ici, sur Ontario proche de Papineau.". Il termine son café... "Veux-tu mes coordonnées pour qu'on se tienne au courant?".

@ Toby: Sergi accepte de prêter le livre à Toby pour quelque jours a condition qu'il lu soit retourné en bonne état...

@ Édouard: Finishing his breakfast, Alex informs that his cousin Mathieu Valière lives not too far from here on Ontario near Papineau. He also offers to give his contacts to Édouard should they ever need to stay in touch...

@ Toby: Sergio things about it for a moment... "Hmm, I guess I could lend you the book for a few days, if you think a few days is all your friend needs. But I want you to be extremely careful. Should anything bad happen to this book, you'll owe me big time!".

He then goes to get the book, A large tome with a worn out, yet well maintained leather cover. On it, in embossed letters are the words "Myths and Legends of the Native People of Canada".
OOC:
You can go ahead and mark Mortality if it isn't already marked.
What do you do?
May 10, 2020 8:38 pm
Edouard prends l’adresse de Mathieu et échange numéros de téléphone avec Alex. "Parfait, je vais aller voir Mathieu aujourd'hui et je te tiens au courant."

Si Alex n'a rien a rajouté, Edouard s'excuse et appelle Elijah.

@Elijah "Hey salut! Ton message semblait urgent, as tu besoin que je vienne te rejoindre tout de suite?"

Edouard exchange all relevant info with Alex and promesses to speak to Mathieu during the day.

He then calls Elijah to ask him if he need him right away.
May 11, 2020 1:37 am
"Thanks! This means a lot to me. I’ll do my best to return it to you safely."

After bidding Sergio goodbye, Toby drives back to Theolinde’s bookstore to deliver the book to its new owner…

"Ta-da!" says Toby as he presents the book to Theolinde. "Sergio will not be happy with me when he hears I ‘lost’ this so I hope whatever you have is worth it."
May 11, 2020 7:33 am
Elijah receives Édouard's text just as he grabs some lunch. "Call you back". Unsure of what could be going on and who may help him with this strange haunting, he decides to return to his tent and finish lunch peacefully. Just before his first client comes in, he receives Édouard's call. "Hey, how was the client?" Elijah starts with some introductory niceties before getting to the point "Have you seen the news about some ghost in Old Montréal? I was looking into that when I found that one of the city's witches went missing and... " he is stopped by the memories of his experience at the shop for a moment "Something evil took her... I can tell by the strong vileness that it left behind...". After describing the events, Elijah waits for a moment to see what Édouard thinks could be done

Élijah reçoit le court message d'Édouard au moment qu'il choisit quelque chose pour le déjeuner. «Je t'appelle quand j'ai fini». Incertain de ce qui se passe et de qui pourrait l'aider avec cet étrange hante, il décide de retourner dans sa tente et de terminer le déjeuner calmement. Juste avant l'arrivée de son premier client, il reçoit l'appel d'Édouard. «Salut, comment était ton client?» Elijah commence par faire de petite conversation occasionnelle avant d'arriver au point «Tu as vu les nouvelles d'un fantôme dans le Vieux Montréal? J'étais en train de rechercher cela quand j'ai découvert qu'une des sorcières de la ville avait disparu et ... » les mémoires de son expérience dans la boutique l'arrêtent pour un instant. «Quelque chose de vraiment mal l'a pris ... Je peux dire par la forte vilenie que j'ai senti là-bas ...» . Après avoir décrit les événements, Elijah attend un instant pour voir ce qu'Édouard pense pouvoir d'être fait.
Last edited May 11, 2020 7:41 am
May 11, 2020 2:53 pm
@ Toby: Théolinde est contente d'avoir enfin obtenu le livre de Sergio, mais préfère ne pas connaitre les détails puisqu'elle risque d'avoir besoin de nier avoir fait affaire avec Toby dans le futur... Puis, comme convenu, elle done le volumineux tome de nécromancie à Toby comme payment...

@ Toby: Théolinde looks glad you managed to bring her the book. "Good. I'd rather not know too much about how you obtained this book, I may need plausible deniability at some point in the future once Sergio starts looking for his book... Well, as promissed here is the book on necromancy you wanted.". She hands you a rather voluminous tome. Looks like you're going to have a lot of reading ahead of you...

What do you od?
May 11, 2020 3:13 pm
Toby takes his new book home to get a little reading done before he has to go to work. As he flips through the book, he looks specifically for any mention of immortals using their abilities to revive the dead. He’s not a wizard, after all, and he has very little experience with magic spells and rituals and the like so, ideally, he would like to find some way of extending his own supernatural abilities to another person rather than delving too deeply into magic he doesn’t quite understand.
OOC:
I imagine Toby could spend a few hours doing this... which might help the timeline catch up with Suzhen (depending on what Edouard and Elijah get up to, of course)
Last edited May 13, 2020 2:01 am
May 11, 2020 5:12 pm
@Elijah "Bien, bien, il (le client) est nerveux mais c'est normal... Un enlèvement démoniaque en? J'ai quelqu'un a aller voir aujourd'hui qui a des problèmes de démons a régler, avec un peu de chance ca va être relié. Envoie moi le nom et l’adresse de la sorcière et je vais investiguer ca.

Pour ce qui est du fantôme, non j'ai pas vue ca. J'ai croisé quelques spectres déjà et ils sont pas bien dangereux. Celui la a causé du trouble?"

Edouard wonder if his tainted and the kidnapped witch are linked somehow and ask Elijah more info about both the missing with and the ghost in Old Montréal
May 12, 2020 7:00 am
Elijah listens as Édouard mentions he has a client with a demon situation as well, giving him the details for the two locations in Old Montréal: the esoteric shop and the nearby haunted place. "That would be some luck if it is the same demon!" he ends with a surprised and hopeful tone before asking one last favour "Did you say you've met ghosts that were not dangerous? Maybe I can talk with one of those... They may have sensed something strange..." he suggests.
OOC:
Once I have, or not, some friendly ghost names, I can have the client enter and skip some hours to catch up with the others.
Elijah écoute à Édouard pendant qu'il parle de son client qui a aussi un problème avec un démon, lui donnant les adresses de la petite boutique ésotérique et du lieu hanté à côté «Ça serait de la chance se c'est le même démon!» il termine sur un ton surpris et d'espoir avant de demander une dernière chose «"Tu m'as dit que tu rencontrais des fantômes qui n'étaient pas dangereux? Peut-être que je peux parler avec un d'eux ... Ils auraient peut-être ressenti quelque chose d'étrange récemment...» suggère-t-il.
OOC:
Une fois que j'ai des noms de fantômes sympas, ou non, le client peut entrer et je peut sauter quelques heures pour rattraper les autres.
Last edited May 12, 2020 7:05 am
May 12, 2020 8:39 pm
"La derniere crise qu'on a eu etait toute manigancée par le meme gars, alors on sait jamais! Pour le phantome, va voir Thomas Lebouthillier, a cette adresse. En fait peut-etre que tes talents vont lui être utile, j'ai promis de retrouver ses peintures faites dans les années 70 et c'est plus difficile que je m'attendais. Je te tiens au courant de ce que je trouve."

Après avoir raccroché, Edouard se dirige vers l'adresse de Mathieu Valière pour lui parler. En chemin, il envoie un texto rapide a Suzhen.

Edouard give Elijah his ghost friend, Thomas Lebouthillier, address. He then head to Mathieu's residence to speak with him. On the way, he send a quick text message to Suzhen.

@Suzhen "OD started recruiting again in Montreal, keep an eye out.
May 13, 2020 1:24 am
Thanks Edouard. If you have a lead, let me know. I'll start looking into it as well. Suzhen messaged back. It wasn't a surprise to her. The Ordo were never going to go away permanently. Now there were two things to do connected to them, the scroll, and their recruitment.
May 13, 2020 7:04 am
"Thanks for the help Édouard, I'll see what I can do on my side" Elijah turns off the phone just before he hears the first client of the day call from outside of the tent.

"Merci pour l'aide Édouard, je verrai ce que je peux faire de mon côté" Elijah éteint le téléphone juste avant d'entendre le premier client de la journée appeler de l'extérieur de la tente.
May 13, 2020 5:32 pm
@ Édouard: Tu te rends à l'adresse de Mathieu et sonne à sa sonnette... pas de réponses. Tu sonne à nouveau et attends... toujours pas de réponse. Eventuellement, un des ses voisins sort du bloc et t'informant, tu apprend que Mathieu à un horaire un peut bizarre et que c'est pas rare qu'il ne revienne pas à la maison pendent quelque jours...

Que fais-tu?

@ Elijah: Sa première cliente de la journée est un femme obèse qui cherche l'amour de sa vie... Il y à des journées comme ça... Comment lui dire?

@ Suzhen: Suzhen quitte l'appartement de son père, lui promettant de revenir le visiter bientôt...

@ Toby: Les quelques heures de lectures n'ont pas portées fruit, cependant il reste encore la majorité du tome à consulter. Quittant pour aller travailler, Toby se rend compte qu'il est encore suivit par les fiers à bras de Poitevin...

@ Édouard: Édouard rings at Mathieu's apartment and there doesn't seem to be any answers. then from a neighbour who's coming out, Édouard learns that Mathieu has a very unusual schedule and can sometime spend days away from his place...

@ Elijah: Your first client of the day is a rather obese woman asking for when she'll meet Mr. Right. There are days like this when you struggle with what to say to some clients. Obviously, she could stand to loose a bit of weight, this would help her chances greatly, but you have to find the right words...

@ Suzhen: You eventually say your goodbyes to your father, promising to visit again soon.

What do you do?

@ Toby: You read for a few hours, not finding anything about immortals yet, but you barely have scratched the tome's surface and there is a lot of it left to read. you then leave to go to your place of work when you notice you're being followed by a car again... Poitevin's goons may have had trouble following you since you took out the GPS, but they quickly figured out your work schedule...

What do you do?
May 13, 2020 8:11 pm
OOC:
Does Edouard have Mathieu's cell phone number?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.