OOC chitchat

load previous
Oct 5, 2016 9:23 pm
you're hired!
Oct 5, 2016 9:31 pm
Moofsalot says:
What a strange bunch you have here. Strange and unfamiliar.
"Sssh... You might want to burn the pilot's chair, he usually flew nude from the waist down...We'll air out the corn chip smell eventually..."
Oct 5, 2016 10:57 pm
"Hopefully she has brought some cheese to go with the corn chips."
OOC:
Welcome to the group
Oct 5, 2016 10:58 pm
Fuzil, I don't think you fully realize the implication of what you just said...
Oct 6, 2016 12:17 am
But you, you're a thing of beauty. Yeah, I think we're meant to be together. Introduce me to your crew? Wow, ok but we've only just met...

I look up from the console and notice, for the first time, everyone already looking at or speaking to me. "Oh! Uh, hello. Nice to meet you all!" I hold onto a corner of the console to brace myself and smile.
Oct 6, 2016 11:58 am
She's weird... Not as odd as Lin though... granted if you hire people using ZoidbergList... Akhrirar thinks to himself and smiles.
Oct 6, 2016 12:38 pm
Maybe this one won't insist on flying pantless...
Oct 6, 2016 1:14 pm
Why do they keep looking at my pants... "Oh no, I hope I didn't spill something on myself again..."
Oct 6, 2016 2:47 pm
Fuzil smiles Good... im not the only one that is confused by these people.
Oct 6, 2016 6:25 pm
"Oh no, it's just that your predecessor generally disliked pants. It was becoming a problem, to be honest."
Last edited October 6, 2016 6:25 pm
Oct 6, 2016 6:51 pm
"She's... Normal." Akhrirar states looking at the others with a very toothy grin, "As we're going to get..." he adds.
Last edited October 6, 2016 6:52 pm
Oct 6, 2016 9:15 pm
"Thanks! You all are kinda normal too!" Relaxing slightly, I gently pat the console before taking my seat and putting my feet up. "Anyone got something to drink?"
Oct 7, 2016 7:55 pm
Moofs - lemme know when you're ready to be thrown in and we can work on the intro mechanics.
Oct 7, 2016 8:00 pm
I'm ready to go whenever, with the caveat that I haven't wrapped my head around the dice mechanics and I'm not sure what to do about equipment so I played it safe with a weapon and stim pack.
Oct 7, 2016 8:11 pm
I'd say go with the DW mindset, what would your character do when 'X' happens and then see what to roll to do that. I for example should probably not be the one driving, I'm the shortest member of the team and highly exciteable if you're read our banter.
Oct 7, 2016 8:15 pm
No worries on dice mechanics. Just ask and I'll happily tell you what dice to roll and how to compute stuff (and how I got there). In the end, difficulty dice are usually modified by me in some regard because we want the game to flow well, but you'll learn how to roll skill/attribute rolls quickly.

I'll start working you in.

By way of background -- should Xenia be someone you guys know from past jobs/interactions? Could be she had a deal go south. Perhaps she was hired by the crew that lifted Lin and ditched to avoid paying her?
Oct 7, 2016 8:17 pm
That'd be more her decision or maybe there's a reason she wants to find Lin but won't tell us... Da da daaaaaaaaa
Oct 7, 2016 8:20 pm
I'm just here for the ship. Call me an opportunist? ;)
Oct 7, 2016 8:30 pm
Someone you guys would know then, and be comfortable with -- but, y'know. you had your pilot. :)
Oct 7, 2016 9:54 pm
The GM in me feels like it's a bad idea for her to also be seeking Lin; generally better to let dropped characters fade from the story than to make them into red herrings.

Also, if we (or someone) knows her that will make the introduction into the team easier. We need a pilot, and hey, here's this woman I met back on Talon XII when I was still a young upstart. We nearly got arrested for swindling a councilor and joy riding their top of the line speeder bike through a busy market and into a hotel pool.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.