OOC chitchat

Mar 3, 2016 9:41 pm
One obligatory OOC thread.
Mar 3, 2016 9:52 pm
Green Mamba LLC. LOL, love it!

I've had to miss the past two weeks of my face to face EotE group. I just got the belly twinge of nervous excitement that I'm GMing again on Tuesday. I always get a little nervous, no matter how prepared I think I am.
Mar 3, 2016 10:03 pm
Oh snap got the main male lead roll in the movie. XD... I have to be in front for the pictures that way I'm seen. *points around at everyone's lanky behind*.
Mar 3, 2016 10:14 pm
*Lin steps in front of you just as the picture snaps*
Mar 3, 2016 10:22 pm
I see a lot of *Mala rolls her eyes* in the future. I should paste that to my clipbaord...
Mar 3, 2016 10:35 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Green Mamba LLC. LOL, love it!

I've had to miss the past two weeks of my face to face EotE group. I just got the belly twinge of nervous excitement that I'm GMing again on Tuesday. I always get a little nervous, no matter how prepared I think I am.
I find GMing in real time for my kids REALLY hard. I have so much time to prepare and craft in PbP that when I don't know something it's like "meh, I have time to figure it out."
Mar 3, 2016 11:07 pm
For sure! We run a pretty improv heavy game, so I never know what's going to happen. Last session, they flipped a light side point and made up a planet, with a smugglers haven on it that includes a doctor and a gladiatorial arena (one guys needs medical attention, they're hoping to make money betting on the Wookie fighting). I've had two weeks now to prepare that, so no biggie.

The time they really caught me though, was a night when we were missing two players. I thought I was showing up for a board game night. Instead, they asked if I'd run a flashback/side quest for just those there. I had nothing, nothing prepared. We improvised a whole session, and it was epically fun!
Last edited March 3, 2016 11:08 pm
Mar 5, 2016 4:03 am
Thoughts about how you'd like to shape your Triumph, @candi?
Mar 5, 2016 4:10 am
I've never had a Triumph before! I had wanted someone who the guy owes money or otherwise has reason to give him trouble to approach him and, well, start giving him trouble. Distracting him and allowing the others an opportunity to get closer without raising suspicion. If that's Triumph-y then that. If it's not, take your inspiration from that and dial it up?
Last edited March 5, 2016 4:10 am
Mar 7, 2016 9:53 pm
Travel Warning: ~10am tomorrow 'til late Thursday night. Possible there will be posts, but quite possible there will be a delay.

I'll have an update in place later today.
Mar 7, 2016 9:55 pm
the heads up is much appreciated! don't worry about us, we'll probably entertain each other OOC again anyway.
Mar 8, 2016 3:22 am
Any time -- and feel free to add color in the IC thread if you feel like it. :)
Mar 8, 2016 1:19 pm
We should start a thread for these jobs we're mentioning so Falryx has more hooks in us ideas to use for the plot.
Mar 8, 2016 2:33 pm
"I dunno what Mala is complaining about. She ate enough BBQ Nerf to feed a Wookie."
Mar 8, 2016 2:59 pm
"Well Lin, I figure it was the fact you set an animal on fire to burn to it's death in front of a crowd of people. I mean yeah it distracted everyone but that's because one rarely sees Nerf screaming to death while on fire... in a bar... on a Tuesday. Before Happy Hour...uh, usually never."
Mar 8, 2016 3:06 pm
"Well, maybe not on a backwater like Naboo. I still don't see why we're banned from the whole planet, just for roasting a few nerf and setting one seedy dive bar on fire. Besides, the nerf was delicious..."
Mar 8, 2016 3:25 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
"Well, maybe not on a backwater like Naboo. I still don't see why we're banned from the whole planet, just for roasting a few nerf and setting one seedy dive bar on fire. Besides, the nerf was delicious..."
OOC:
Sounds like a plot hook from our collective past... Xq
Mar 8, 2016 3:34 pm
"Even though it was most unfortunate how they were cooked... It was very good with the Bespin Bbq sauce. "
Mar 8, 2016 3:53 pm
"I had never had barbecue before and for the previous week we were on half rations because SOMEBODY thought it would be a good idea to spend our grocery budget on beer coozies that say 'Green Mamba: I'm gonna git you, sucka!' on them"
Last edited March 8, 2016 4:12 pm
Mar 8, 2016 4:00 pm
Lin takes a long pull from his ice cold, coozie wrapped beer. "Worth it. Almost as good as the men's underwear that says, 'The Mamba is Gonna Find Ya' on the crotch."
Mar 8, 2016 4:13 pm
"Honestly, I will never understand males and their obsession with underpants"
Mar 8, 2016 4:18 pm
"Hey hey hey." Akhrirar states getting defensive, "Those would have cost five times as much if they had put the right color in the phrase and printed the right ammount... Is it that hard, a guy shows up in all green, calls himself the Green Mamba, he shows you his card... it says Green Mamba LLC. he writes down the phrase, you would think somebody who's a professional can read and figure out the God Damn Context Clues... Colorblind my ass... Just be glad I found a professional in the adult industry who could use them, we made the money back with profit... Granted he didn't promote them as beer coozies but that's not the point." explains Akhrirar waving a hand in the air as if to dismiss the bad before the worst that had come.

After the jab from Lin he turns to him and purses his lips, "Well if someone wasn't getting us put in confinement for their drunk disorderly conduct maybe I wouldn't have to be stripped down to my underwear as often, every time Lin: 'Watch out he's packing a small weapon that's hidden?' if I got to strip down Imma at least make it worth my time for some free advertisement. Giggling like a school kid... 'check him again if you can't find it...it's small or he's shy'" Akhrirar shots back.

"Maybe I should make sure you get stripped down next time so everyone see the tattoo on your uh..." Akhrirar muses aloud and pauses small teeth gleaming as they slide free from thin lips.
Last edited March 8, 2016 4:19 pm
Mar 8, 2016 4:23 pm
Lin's face lights up with childish delight, "Hey good idea. Check this out..." He begins unbuckling his pants...
Mar 8, 2016 4:34 pm
Fuzil Stands up "ok, ok, ok ... We have all seen the nice tatoo of the FTY on you ..." he pauses "there. So there will be no need for another viewing. Btw they are not all bad experiences. I am glad wenalways take angroup photo woth the bounty before we drop them off." he points to the wall.

The wall is covered with various picture of the group and different bounties they have collected on. the picture show various if emotions and looks based on each mission.

"Everytime I walk by I get a flush of memories and this wonderful team..." he stops abruptly "I SAID WE DIDNT NEED TO SEE THE TATOO!"
Last edited March 8, 2016 4:49 pm
Akhrirar smile broadens evilly"I might have borrowed some of the Doctor's equipment and given it a touch up..." he sips his ice tea and bobbles as he giggles quietly all teeth and bulging eyes with evil delight.
"NO, No, No! you will keep your pants on when you are out of your quarters, young man!"
Mar 8, 2016 4:37 pm
Letting out a guffaw Akhrirar reminds the doctor he sleeps in the cockpit so driving in the nude might be his new thing. Making a comment on driving with no hands and why he never touches the pilot controls unless he has on gloves leaves him quietly snickering.
Mar 8, 2016 5:13 pm
At the mention of that, Fuzil would stand up and walk out the cockpit while taking out a whipe and start cleaning his hands.

"yes sooooo many memories" thinks as he tries to clean his hands.
Mar 8, 2016 5:17 pm
OOC:
XD Dude I'm telling you I'd watch this show. We'd have a cult following like Firefly.
Mar 8, 2016 6:01 pm
Mala closes her yes and pinches the bridge of her nose with a pained expression "Holy Mother.... if I catch him flying in the nude I'm throwing myself out the airlock... I think I'm getting a migraine...."
Mar 8, 2016 6:15 pm
Reminds the Doctor she's seen naked people as a medical professional (with less than professional people to exam) and if they let Lin out 'into the wild' at night where there's a bar (there's a way!) she might have to check him for why it burns when he goes to the bathroom... So regardless she'll probably have to see more of him.
Mar 8, 2016 6:16 pm
"A medical exam doesn't require one to scrub an entire cockpit out with nanobleach"
Last edited March 8, 2016 6:16 pm
Mar 8, 2016 6:17 pm
"Or your brain and eyes..." Akhrirar adds.
Mar 8, 2016 6:19 pm
Lin comes storming out of the refresher, buckling his pants, face red and fuming, "You drew a MUSTACHE on my TATTOO OF MY MOTHER!? That's...that's low bro. If you weren't wearing that stupid helmet I'd bloody your snout! But I don't want to mess up my manicure."

Lin turns on his heel and heads for the cockpit.
Last edited March 8, 2016 6:20 pm
Mar 8, 2016 6:38 pm
Akhrirar waits until Lin leaves, "I'll come off in a few weeks if start bathing regularly..." he comments before saying something that might freak everyone out, "Yall wondering why he has a picture of his mom inside his pants?"

Pulling out his datapad he makes a note, Check Green Mamba LLC. for Lin using the expense account for manicures fill as operational expense, justification: Can't fly by the seat of your pants well with a hangnail.. He smiles to himself with two possible boons for the day. Saving money and a decent level prank on Lin.
Mar 8, 2016 6:47 pm
"I was going to let that one go until you had to bring it up. it's times like this I envy droids because they can have their memories wiped... anyway, it's almost time for dinner so get everyone together. And please restock the disinfectant wipes in the cockpit"
Mar 8, 2016 6:58 pm
Akhrirar goes to spin the Wheel of Chores of who's turn is it anyway in the galley. He's felt it's the best way to avoid responsibility. With the flick of the finger he sees who's turn it is. As it lands on the unlucky victim he sighs in relief before getting on the ship coms.

"Fellow shipmates it's almost time for dinner and it's Acaatha's turn to cook, help out if you feel like it. We'll be eating momentarily..." he states over the intercom before looking at the Doctor, "Pants are required... mostly for Lin. Lin you don't get to eat if you're not wearing pants... or handle a knife or help with food prep..." smiling he gives the Doctor a double thumbs up.
OOC:
1-2 Mala 3-4 Acaatha 5-6 Green Mamba TM 7-8 Tot 9-10 Lin
Last edited March 8, 2016 7:01 pm

Rolls

Who's cooking - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Mar 8, 2016 7:25 pm
"Mmmm hopefully she can cook a cusine from her heritage. " Fuzil states as Acaatha moves to the Mess area.
Last edited March 8, 2016 7:27 pm
Mar 9, 2016 1:37 pm
"I just hope she doesn't cook something out of Lin's routine..." Akhrirar states, "I mean who makes soup and gives you a solid lump of 'something' in a bowl? You shouldn't have to cut soup." adds his face scrunching up from the memory. He still doesn't know what they had eaten.
Mar 9, 2016 2:40 pm
"Whenever you make something its is wrapped and deep fried. What did you call it? Chim May Chung Ga?"
Mar 9, 2016 2:52 pm
Arriving in the mess hall you find I have been there the whole time, and am busy preparing something that smells exotic. The vision of Acaatha Fuzil saw in the other room must have just been an illusion... It was no wonder the others didn't act as if she were there.

I don't turn as you loudly burst into the room and find a place to sit, arguing about whether Lin or Akhrirar are the worst cooks on the ship.
Mar 9, 2016 3:54 pm
"Oh chimichangas? Yeeeeah. Das my #(%*!" Akhrirar states excitedly slapping Tot on the shoulder, "Acaatha! Are you making Chimichangas? I'll make Salsa and Guac for the chips! Maaa-La! I'm eating vegetables this counts." Akhrirar states his little legs moving a little bit faster than they probably should as he moves in to 'help' and starts to make salsa and guacamole for the chips smiling and moving from side to side as he works.
OOC:
Should we have been doing this in the intro thread? XD
Last edited March 9, 2016 3:54 pm
Mar 9, 2016 4:26 pm
OOC:
looks like we'll have to rename the character intro thread... and apparently nobody knows that traditional Togruta food is small mammals eaten alive...
Mala walks into the galley, sees if Zym needs any help in preparing or serving, and makes herself useful.

"Akhirar, we're out of chips. remember that 'prank' you pulled of Fuzil that had me picking baked salsa chips out of his thighs?"
Mar 9, 2016 4:37 pm
"Look the toasted chip gun was a good idea... I mean I didn't think it'd shoot with enough force to imbed in someone's skin but that's the price of innovation, sometimes the calibration are off... plus I apologized. I mean we didn't have to replace the table... the bowl broke but we got those wholesale. Mala you can't just make a baked salsa flavored chip and not shot it at people at a party, if you don't you might as well just sit around a bowl of salsa at a table with dry chips you dip in. Think of all the spills we're saving people." he shots back defensively looking down at the half made salsa and guac.

Now how the hell am I gonna eat this? Use it for a prank? Naah this stuff is too delicious... he thought to himself licking his lips and furrowing his brow.
Mar 9, 2016 4:51 pm
"I have been to many parties that did not involve food being used as a projectile. you can use them as condiments, just spoon it onto your food. you don't really need chips anyway, too many carbohydrates"
Mar 9, 2016 5:05 pm
With a sigh Akhrirar pouts, "Well I guess I could dip bacon in them... Do we have any tortillas? I could spoon it on those and sprinkle cheese and roll them up and deep fry them... It's not the same though I like my crunchy taste with my soft tastes." he laments dealing with 1st world Bounty Hunter problems.
Mar 11, 2016 9:58 pm
Hearing the word bacon makes Fuzil pop his head back into the room.
Mar 12, 2016 6:48 pm
OOC:
I'm back. Busy day of work catchup yesterday -- solo with one of the kids today, so a post may take a bit, but I'll get something going this weekend!
Mar 12, 2016 7:08 pm
Welcome back to the nuthouse!
Mar 15, 2016 11:41 am
Update incase people didn't know Falryx lost power recently so has had issues posting. XD
Mar 15, 2016 1:19 pm
Lol i dont have that problem i use my phone. :)-
Mar 19, 2016 2:57 pm
Oi! sorry for the break. unintentional.. reading up and rolling forward!
Mar 21, 2016 12:41 pm
FYI everyone: I'm on a family vacation this week. Posts may be more sporadic than usual.
Mar 21, 2016 5:41 pm
If there was one thing that i had to get ised to was the dice. Still today I have troubkes with advantages of thinking up good things, hence why I just throw boost into the pool.
Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm
Need to read up again on Misdirect -- post later today.
Mar 23, 2016 6:08 pm
KJmagle I thought there were suggestions in the book for skills besides shooting or punching.
Mar 25, 2016 3:41 pm
remnant, have you read the bounty hunter's guidebook?
Mar 25, 2016 3:46 pm
Remnant says:
KJmagle I thought there were suggestions in the book for skills besides shooting or punching.
oh yeah there are but when playing live I sometimes get stumped on what to do so i just donit as strain or boost for the next person.
Mar 28, 2016 4:01 pm
Well here's hoping I needed that roll because I don't know if we got the insurance on the speeder... you are freakout about something so it totally makes sense.
Mar 28, 2016 4:04 pm
Lin is going to roll his eyes so hard they may fall out of his head.
Mar 28, 2016 4:04 pm
oh yeah, I guess we rub the side of the building a little...

man, I could have used your advantage in the roll.. is there a general way that we can use each other's advantage in PBP. I know in tabletop, you can just say it... maybe we can declare we're donating our advantages to the group if we don't use them to recover strain or make a critical hit?
Last edited March 28, 2016 4:06 pm
Mar 28, 2016 4:08 pm
Seems like a fair default use of advantage -- if you don't do anything with it, then it becomes that generic boost thing that gets used by the next player automatically?
Mar 28, 2016 4:18 pm
I agree with @Candi. Falyrx will use advantages for strain recovery if we don't claim them for something else. Adding a blue die to a subsequent action is fair game IMO.

Also, we can use advantages to add in beneficial environmental or narrative bits as well. This tends to be underutilized in PbP games (in my experience anyway).
Mar 28, 2016 4:22 pm
Friar_Tuk says:

Also, we can use advantages to add in beneficial environmental or narrative bits as well. This tends to be underutilized in PbP games (in my experience anyway).
I've found it under used in face to face as well. I think two things work against it:

1) Mechanical benefits are, well, mechanically superior (strain recovery, or granting a boost, helps you in a clearly visible way - better outcomes on future rolls, or the ability to keep churning out special abilities or keep on keeping on)

2) Adding 'narrative' and 'environmental' details is difficult without hooks or guidance. The players that do this, do it very well, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out most of them have GMing or improv experience, because a certain degree of comfort and 'unbounded creativity' is necessary to drum something up that is both fitting and feels 'cool' or otherwise like a good use of advantage when compared against strain recovery or boost dice.
Last edited March 28, 2016 4:22 pm
Mar 28, 2016 4:48 pm
Well if I needed the roll and we're still out and about for the chase without the need for the boost I would probably have gone with not noticing the cargo netting in the alley stuck to my foot when I jumped in, the hurried burn out of the alley had the Green Mamba repositioning in the back seat, aka getting tossed around but got the netting off his foot but it's snagged across the side and back so people can jump in quicker, or we have something now to snag the mark with on a driveby.
Mar 28, 2016 4:51 pm
Exactly. That's the interesting stuff. Adding narrative/environmental factors as mechanical benefit. I like that sort of thing. I like it as a GM when players in my game use advantages like that.
Mar 29, 2016 3:16 am
Checking in -- busy day today -- and flight out at 0-dark-thirty for a couple days in California. I'll be taking along the EOTE CRB and my adventure modules for my other two campaigns so I can update while on the road.

Generally -- if you want to give a boost "to the next person" - you can do so easily with a single advantage (IIRC). With 2 advantage you can designate the recipient as a specific person (or give your target a setback).
Mar 29, 2016 3:41 am
Okee dokee. I think I captured everything correctly.
Mar 29, 2016 12:51 pm
Clench Lin! Clench!
Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm
Seriously...that was amazing! I LIVE for ridiculous rolls like that! No success, but 7 advantages...oh man.

That is my favorite thing about the EotE system; there is always a chance to fail an easy roll, but there's also often a chance to fail forward.
Mar 29, 2016 2:11 pm
So you shoot to his left so he dodges to his right to avoid blaster fire and you smile mischievously as he takes Speeder to the face from his dodge?
Mar 29, 2016 3:12 pm
It has to be the npcs turn now right?
Mar 29, 2016 3:17 pm
Kjmagle says:
It has to be the npcs turn now right?
i have a feeling the npcs act after Acaatha. ...
Mar 29, 2016 3:19 pm
nobody breathes a word about Mala's driving after this job....
Mar 29, 2016 3:21 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
Twi'lek drivers are the worst.
Mar 29, 2016 3:28 pm
Kjmagle says:
darthoingoboingo says:
that's racist!
Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
Oh, Lin's gonna "breath a word" or two ;)
Mar 29, 2016 3:58 pm
Kjmagle says:
darthoingoboingo says:
Best Twi'lek driver I've ever know... course, she's also the only Twi'lek I've ever known... Anyway, better then Green Attitude over there driving. Remember the last time he was in charge of a speeder bike?
Mar 29, 2016 4:31 pm
you mean the "bantha pudding" incident?
Mar 29, 2016 4:35 pm
Do we have to talk about it... I mean, I know I brought it up, but ...
Mar 29, 2016 5:28 pm
"Hey hey hey... let me tell you something okay. I have short legs. You can't expect me to always be able to save the day at the spur of the moment you know and not have stuff happen. Besides Totz was the one who was distracted by the pudding fountain. I mean yeah it's cool, how do they keep it from congealing and looking silky smooth? I was focused on the job, I jumped on the speeder bike since the target was getting away. Okay I didn't know it was in reverse okay. So I backed into the fountain. Did any of you know the pudding for Bantha was like giving a wookiee uncut Sansanna Spice? You don't see Lin talking about it I mean you saw what happened to him... Anyway we got the target and didn't get shot up. That should count for something..." Akhrirar explains, "Besides who here has parallel parked a speeder besides me? Huh? Anyone??? Damn... no I want so damn pudding" he adds defensively before walking off in search of pudding.
Last edited March 29, 2016 5:29 pm
Mar 29, 2016 5:34 pm
"Yeah, everyone saw what happened to me...nothing. And this is why you'll never drive the FTY. 'Cause you suck at driving. And she's too pretty for you. Your "short legs" probably couldn't even reach her attitudinal jet pedals." Lin starts to walk away, then turns back, "Oh, and the reason nobody else has every parallel parked a speeder is that you don't need too, THEY FLOAT!"
Last edited March 29, 2016 5:35 pm
Mar 29, 2016 5:34 pm
"I never got the stains out of that cloak..." I mutter to myself as captain green-pants goes off to satisfy one of his many sudden and inexplicable cravings.
Mar 29, 2016 5:47 pm
"Totz is still working on making me attachments." Akhrirar states coming back in eating pudding his lips smacks and licking any on his face he seemed to not be able to shove into his mouth with the spoon he uses to motion towards his feet, "They don't float when they get his with a disruptor do they? Huh? That job on Mijos with the guy who went into the boonies? Look at me I'm tall and Imma jump into the speeder from behind and do some fancy moves. Boom Disruptor, engine cut, splash, Lin in da swamp." Akhrirar states a little defensive before smirking, "Lin remember this?" he begins before talking in a deeper tone, "'Just rip off the Leeches quick if you do it slow it hr-*screams* Do it slow! DO IT SLOW! NO DON'T LET AKHRIRAR USE FIRE ON THEM!" he acts out busting into laughs before sighing, "Classic Lin... and why were you even wearing shorts in the first place?"

Akhrir's shoulders slump while going back to eating his pudding when hearing Acaatha, "I told you that you could just borrow one of mine. You're shoulders aren't as broad but it 'mostly' fits... little short but it's better than anything. Besides no one else wanted to put in a washing machine besides me in the ship." he states finishing the last of the pudding cup scrapping the sides and licking the inside of the container.
Mar 29, 2016 5:58 pm
I have been *begging* for a washing machine ever since I moved in to this ship! Do.. do you guys just ignore me when I ask for things? I am sick of having all of us go to a laundromat every time we reach a spaceport. Do any of you have any idea how filthy the laundromats near a spaceport are? OF COURSE YOU DON'T because somehow *I* always get stuck with laundry duty!
Mar 29, 2016 6:05 pm
"Those weren't shorts, they were a pair of your regular pants, Stumpy. We wouldn't have gotten in that mess if you hadn't been cheap and bought the economy speeder. I said, 'lets get the one with the armor plating' but noooo! Your precious operational budgets."

Lin turns to Mala, "Why do we need a washing machine or a laundromat? We're on a space ship. Just hang your clothes out in the airlock in hyperspace like I do. The vacuum of space will take off all that grime and hyperspace will cleanse all the stains. I haven't "washed" my clothes in years."
Mar 29, 2016 6:10 pm
Mala just stops and stares at Lin, her mouth open, completely speechless. She makes a sound or two, like she's trying to talk, but her brain just isn't processing fully for a few minutes.

finally, she takes a deep breath and attempts to say something calmly, but gives up and just says what's on her mind

Lin! That is NOT how hyperspace works! do you have any idea how incredibly dangerous it is to open any of the airlocks while the ship is in hyperspace!? Wait.. the airlocks are designed to not be able to open while in lightspeed... there's a safety mechanism so people don't get shunted out into hyperspace accidentally... Mala slowly turns her head to glare at Fuzil I wonder who disabled it? Know anything about that, Fuzil?
Mar 29, 2016 7:22 pm
Akhrirar raises a hand towards Mala to prove the point it's needed, "Well Totz isn't allowed into a laundrymat after we had to pay for fire damages due to him modifying the dryers... Lin is... well Lin...Everytime I ask Acaatha about doing the laundry I can't remember how the conversation goes... I've offered to do laundry... I separate my whites, colors, and darks... I fold everything even my underwear...."

"You never get the fully loaded speeder Lin, that's how they get you from the upcharge because if you do get the fully loaded speeder with the armor plating... they know what you're doing, you have to get full coverage because if you don't you might as well just buy a speeder or two and set them on fire when you're done it costs just as much... that's why they make you get the full coverage. Besides which one's less obvious, the armor plated speeder or the normal one with rust on it... the hanging flap thingy for the uh... *snaps fingers* Totz help me out here." he falls silent, "Hold up my pants? The ones with the Dark Green Stripe down the sides that say GM in yellow? I thought you said Mala lost those at the laundry mat?" he asks before storming off to check what else is missing from his wardrobe.

He pops his head back in, "Oooo Totz you in trouble... Doc knows where you sleep too. I'd run." he advises before going to check on his stuff.

Stumpy? I'm a grown ass little man... I ain't got no stumps... hope he hits his head on the top of a door frame... he thinks to himself walking off angrily.
Last edited March 29, 2016 7:24 pm
Mar 29, 2016 7:31 pm
Remnant says:
"you might as well just buy a speeder or two..."
This all Lin heard of Akrirar's rant. "Really? Hey great idea Stumps! Fully armored right? With the turbo-charged motivator! Yeah!" Lin snatches the ship credit chip out of Akrirar's back pocket and starts walking toward the exit hatch, whistling.

"I take back that "operational budget/you're cheap" comment. Your legs are still hilariously short though!"
Last edited March 29, 2016 7:31 pm
Mar 29, 2016 7:43 pm
"And you have a but like a droid, I'm surprised my pants even stayed on your narrow behind." Akhrirar shot back over his shoulder shoving a finger in the air and he stomped off.
OOC:
Hope Lin knows how much is on the ship cred stick...
Mar 29, 2016 7:45 pm
"Ha! Jokes on you buddy. Droids don't have butts."
OOC:
He wouldn't. Frankly, he wouldn't even think about, and will likely return to the ship at a dead run, with the entire staff of a local Speeder Depot chasing him because he punched their manager in the nose in an argument about overextended credit.
Last edited March 29, 2016 7:46 pm
Mar 29, 2016 7:51 pm
OOC:
Following by Akhrirar getting decked by the Speeder Depot guards as they chased Lin, because Acaatha made them perceive Mr green-pants as Lin to 'distract' them so Lin could escape. She seems cold, and ill-mannered, but she -- kind of -- gets the whole ship-mate pranks-mean-friendship thing... kind of. Look, it's only happened twice... that you know of.
Last edited March 29, 2016 7:51 pm
Mar 29, 2016 7:51 pm
"That's the POINT Lin!" he yells back.
OOC:
We don't credit pinch by choice... XD
Mar 29, 2016 7:53 pm
OOC:
sorry not joining in. On vacation with family and we decided to gonout today. Will read up on this post later. Will consider Fuzil meditating to new age music with empty containers of pudding
Mar 29, 2016 7:54 pm
OOC:
Just because Akhrirar literally has thinker skin doesn't mean his feelings don't get hurt just as easily, it does mean he has thinker skin and bares fangs when punched in the nose after going 'Mutha-', especially since he wouldn't know why the punch came. You have to aim lower to hit him in the nose meaning it's intentional.
Last edited March 29, 2016 7:55 pm
Mar 29, 2016 8:05 pm
"Boys, please. It's a small ship, and your voice echoes. Fuzil's trying to mediate, and I'm trying to figure out how we'll refuel at the next starport without any credits, and maybe without Lin making another scum bag starport gang lord angry. No matter how I run the numbers though, Akhrirar, I can't promise you won't get your nose broke again. Must be something about that cheap green spray paint you keep using Akhrirar. People really don't like it, and when they see it they forget that they were trying to murder Lin, and start hitting you instead." I turn, walking back towards my quarters, "Probably for the best anyway. Lin probably couldn't live wit himself if his nose got offset as badly as yours has been."
Mar 29, 2016 8:11 pm
Candi says:
"People really don't like it, and when they see it they forget that they were trying to murder Lin, and start hitting you instead."
"Duh. Why do you think I hang around that guy?"
Last edited March 29, 2016 8:12 pm
Mar 29, 2016 8:11 pm
so now we're all just going to ignore that the safety locks on the airlocks have been tampered with? is this what we're doing? really?

Mala walks off toward one of the lesser used cargo bays to mutter to herself about insensitive and slovenly crewmates in various languages
Mar 29, 2016 9:04 pm
"Guys... my nose isn't broken it's always looks like this..." Akhrirar states before stiffing, "Oh I didn't have to pay for the paint it was free. That's why I use it on everything. It's decent paint and I have a lot of it so why not splurge on useage. Besides Ba-ran-da-ing." he explains, "I thought you hang around me because you need a wing man, I mean if you're not actually flying you have to make it sound good what you're dong with no proof... Totz just lets them know how you manhandle the ship badly and abuse it..." he adds with a smile... "Seriously though we need to not stress out the Doc she's been stressed over something but she doesn't talk about it... But yeah we need to figure out something to do about credits fast. The only real high yield bounties are high risk though... we don't have the reputation yet to take the easy big money ones either though with the richer clientele." he says a little quieter thinking for a minute seriously, "Wait do you think it was her birthday or something... recently?" he mutters before shaking his head and going back to thinking of how they could make some money quick. "We could, uh, try battle speeder bike racing again maybe... Lin's eyebrows look like they've grown back in... they look almost the same" he offers quietly before he falls quiet licking his lips and strokes his chin.
Mar 29, 2016 9:09 pm
Remnant says:
"We could, uh, try battle speeder bike racing again maybe... Lin's eyebrows look like they've grown back in... they look almost the same"
"DONE. When's the race? Now? We're not skimping on the speeder this time! That last one couldn't handle all this." Lin gestures making it clear he means himself, head to toe.
Mar 29, 2016 9:18 pm
hah! you jerks would forget her birthday!

man, one day we will be an elite highly sought after bounty hunting team and nobody will believe that this is how we act most of the time.
Mar 30, 2016 4:15 am
Ok! Update posted. Sorry for the many edits and whatnot. Getting the dice rolls and ensuring they're visible to you guys means I have to do a lot of editing. :)

Fun round so far!
Mar 30, 2016 12:12 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
hah! you jerks would forget her birthday!

man, one day we will be an elite highly sought after bounty hunting team and nobody will believe that this is how we act most of the time.
Later is better than other stuff happening. The small things never really translates into the stuff of legends...
Mar 31, 2016 12:41 pm
Wow... no one likes Mala's driving it seems... I mean Mala you did okay... granted if I was taller I'd probably need medical attention or dental work... I guess sometimes it pays to be short.
OOC:
On the meta though it makes sense since you're spooked about the 'they're going to find me!' thing
Mar 31, 2016 8:22 pm
for some reason I think the green mamba workout plan involves doing squat thrusts in a tiny green thong. totally not appealing to Mala
Mar 31, 2016 8:25 pm
Lin just wears the thong and drinks whiskey and watches his "stories" on the Holonet.
Mar 31, 2016 8:31 pm
and akh wonders why Mala refuses to leave her room during workout time
Mar 31, 2016 8:37 pm
Lin wear the thong...not all, but most of the time. Any time we are travelling for a long period. Thong and tanktop, that's his casual look.
Mar 31, 2016 8:42 pm
I swear, Mala is going to start carrying around a spray bottle full of water and spray you while screaming "BAD! BAD!" when you do this shit...
Mar 31, 2016 8:47 pm
That would not be a wise course of action...remember, we are talking about an oblivious arrogant self centered narcissist in a thong and tank top. What do you think is gonna happen if you start squirting this person?
Mar 31, 2016 8:54 pm
that's why the blaster in her other hand is set to stun
Mar 31, 2016 8:54 pm
Lin doing poses with a wet body?
Mar 31, 2016 8:57 pm
It's far easier to just use your force magic to make him appear as if he was a bipedal bantha... oh wait, only I can use that trick to avoid seeing Lin in his 'casual' attire.
Mar 31, 2016 9:09 pm
oh hey candi, I was never clear on this.. does the whole crew know acaatha can use the force?
Mar 31, 2016 9:28 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
oh hey candi, I was never clear on this.. does the whole crew know acaatha can use the force?
I don't know. She's not going to be forthcoming about it, but she wouldn't deny it. And the more the random backstory weaving suggests we've been together a long time, the more likely it is some, or even all, of the crew know.
Mar 31, 2016 9:44 pm
ok.. I can see Mala knowing since they're roommates and girls talk... but Mala wouldn't tell anyone, that's your business.

I did bust out laughing after what remnant wrote about trying to talk to acaatha about doing laundry and never remembering the conversation afterwards...
Mar 31, 2016 9:46 pm
I think we wouldn't know. Lin for sure wouldn't know. To most everyone in the galaxy under the Empire, the Jedi are an ancient religion that believed in magic. Very few in this generation would have even heard of the Force.
Mar 31, 2016 10:02 pm
darthoingoboingo says:

I did bust out laughing after what remnant wrote about trying to talk to acaatha about doing laundry and never remembering the conversation afterwards...
Yeah, that's definitely appropriate ;)

If you don't know, then you must think Acaatha brings good luck.
Mar 31, 2016 10:04 pm
or at least some of more observant ones would have questions or suspicions. the important thing is that she is part of the crew and we love her, no matter how funny it is to see akh continue to pitch marketing ideas to a crew he thinks is still present while we all go off for some much needed peace and quiet.
Apr 1, 2016 2:07 am
Uh Spoiler alert: There are multiple Green Mamba thongs. Some hidden around the ship. If this ever becomes a point and click adventure if you collect all 16 hidden thongs something might happen... also I wear pants due to complaints during workouts... I don't see what the problem is though my species' private parts are like snakes they only come out for business.
OOC:
I think the forgetting the talk part about laundry broke the fourth wall a bit but it makes sense.
Also Lin does not just wear a tank and thong around me... I'm down for a flash flex contest though. I got baby oil in my utility belt... just sayin'.

"Imma need like three minutes to pick out my songs first though.... but I'm down... wait who's gonna judge? I'm not getting all oiled up if we can't pick a winner."
Last edited April 1, 2016 2:09 am
Apr 1, 2016 2:46 am
wait, wait wait... you carry baby oil in your utility belt... on jobs.... to acquire acquisitions? the more I learn about you, the more concerned I become...
OOC:
PROMISE ME that the baby oil will be a very useful bounty hunting tool at some point in this game...
Apr 1, 2016 3:11 am
hey gang, the NPCs kinda fineagled with your posted actions, so please review and update. In the future I'll hit the pause 'til I've got their actions done so we don't have to retcon.
Apr 1, 2016 4:21 am
hey, I'd like to use a force point. do I just post that?
Apr 1, 2016 2:07 pm
"Green Mamba needs to be prepared for any situation Mala. Any. Situation."
OOC:
I do have a creative/resourceful mind so we'll see.
Apr 1, 2016 3:03 pm
*writes down*
Find a deal for Team Green Mamba Beltpouches.
Apr 1, 2016 3:18 pm
if we get successful enough we need to look into children's shows! the green mamba power hour!
Apr 1, 2016 3:27 pm
*shows you story boards since he's already thought of that*
Apr 1, 2016 5:30 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
hey, I'd like to use a force point. do I just post that?
yup -- just note you're flipping a destiny point.
Apr 1, 2016 5:43 pm
I tidied up the game thread a bit -- sorry for the chaos. All my fault. Mala may want to adjust her actions -- if not, that's cool. Then we'll wait on Fuzil and Acaatha's turns. If Fuzil (who is on holiday I think) doesn't get to it by this evening I'll handle it on his behalf.
Apr 1, 2016 5:58 pm
updated my post
Apr 1, 2016 6:10 pm
Is ralph still standing after Lin's attack?
Apr 1, 2016 7:11 pm
yes.

these guys are 'rival' level -- so they've got soak and high wound thresholds like you guys. I ignored the adversary uptick since that seemed egregious -- but suffice to say they have a soak of 4. so lin's hit would do something like 6 strain to him (5 + 5 success = 10 strain).
Apr 1, 2016 9:30 pm
I am not going to be able to post as much as the others. Maybe once or twice a day. I did get lost on what was going on because the multiple postings. So if i am slowing you all down just let me know.

I think this group would be great at the table or live.
Apr 1, 2016 10:28 pm
I think this group would be awesome as a podcast
Apr 1, 2016 10:48 pm
I'll lend my voice and character. Calling "Not it!" on any and all audio editing.
Apr 1, 2016 11:05 pm
that might just be a pipe dream. I know the reason I do PBP is because I can't do regular gaming due to family obligations. maybe once my son is a little older he can play a jawa. he already likes to yell Utini!
Apr 1, 2016 11:18 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
that might just be a pipe dream. I know the reason I do PBP is because I can't do regular gaming due to family obligations. maybe once my son is a little older he can play a jawa. he already likes to yell Utini!
That is hilarious. My daughter is way to young for all this. I also already have a SW group inplay with that last 4-6 every 2 weeks. A D&D group 2 hrs a week, and then i Dm a group Once every 2-3 weeks for about 4-6.

So if i got another my wife would divorce me.
Apr 1, 2016 11:30 pm
I was thinking of turning what we have here into audio drama, not doing live play. The DMs Block crew had done it, and I've heard someone on this site is planning one as well.
Apr 1, 2016 11:31 pm
shit yes, I would totally support that... although I wouldn't be able to voice my own character....
Apr 1, 2016 11:34 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
shit yes, I would totally support that... although I wouldn't be able to voice my own character....
Why? You sound like Steve Urkle or something?
Apr 1, 2016 11:36 pm
no, I'm a dude
Apr 1, 2016 11:37 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
no, I'm a dude
So just lighten up your voice. Hellooooooooo
Apr 1, 2016 11:39 pm
Lol, I didn't even think...lmao
Apr 1, 2016 11:46 pm
I could voice NPCs and such... but my voice is just way too manly to be confused for a hot twi'lek chick who is sick of all your shit
Apr 1, 2016 11:48 pm
I know we're just joking around, but I know that kaleth was thinking about doing a gamer's plane podcast.. maybe a good podcast would be turning some of the games on this site into something like radio dramas with voice acting, scripts and sound effects?
Apr 1, 2016 11:50 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
I know we're just joking around, but I know that kaleth was thinking about doing a gamer's plane podcast.. maybe a good podcast would be turning some of the games on this site into something like radio dramas with voice acting, scripts and sound effects?
There's someone doing this. Working with keleth.
Apr 1, 2016 11:53 pm
oh.. well, didn't know that... we should still do our own game
Apr 2, 2016 8:27 am
Since you all have the many post of chit chat that i have not been able to to help or join in I will have to make Fuzil more of the quiet type. Like watches you all argue with each other while eating a bag of potato chips watching.
Last edited April 2, 2016 5:41 pm
Apr 2, 2016 2:14 pm
The radio drama thing could be interesting.. but not even remotely certain how to do that. :)
Apr 2, 2016 2:34 pm
@ kjmagle no worries maybe that why Totz likes the engine room, nice and quiet.... not as crazy. XD
Apr 2, 2016 4:36 pm
keleth said he'd be glad to support us in this endeavor
Last edited April 4, 2016 7:37 pm
Apr 4, 2016 6:59 pm
I could probably do the voices for my character. I feel for the guys with girl PCs though since you'd need a modulator or someone else to read lines with feeling... actually I just want to hear the outtakes....
Apr 4, 2016 7:38 pm
if only there was such a thing as female gamers.....
Apr 4, 2016 9:24 pm
Well yeah but they may not be Mala like you would be Mala.
Apr 4, 2016 9:38 pm
yeah, I know. I honestly don't know if I can sound feminine, i've never tried
Apr 4, 2016 9:45 pm
well, I just found a software program called morphvox that sounds pretty realistic. so I'm ready when everyone else is
Apr 4, 2016 10:07 pm
has there been a new thread made about this project? is everyone on board with it? I think it would be fun to start recording out OOC chat
Apr 4, 2016 10:29 pm
Let me put it like this: I'm down to lend my voice, like I said, but I don't have the bandwidth in my life to spearhead a project like this.

If somebody gets something real going with this, I'm down. Let me know. I'm along for the ride. But unlike Lin, I ain't drivin'.
Apr 4, 2016 10:36 pm
well, I assume what we'd need is everyone able to do some recording. if we had someone willing to put together a script people could just submit separate recordings to splice together and someone who knows enough about sound mixing to make it sound good and maybe add background sounds as well. I can lend my voice but I don't really know much of anything about sound mixing or anything.
Apr 5, 2016 2:41 am
As an aside, I think we're waiting on @Acaatha/@Candi to finish up the round.
Apr 5, 2016 3:18 am
Oh sorry. I'll post in the am (just got home from our weekly dnd game).
Apr 5, 2016 1:32 pm
I'm still a bit confused on the game thread. Falryx, can you post the initiative order and perhaps highlight where we are at right now? Due to the back tracking and editing of previous posts, I am lost!
Apr 5, 2016 2:42 pm
It's some of use (fluid), npcs, rest of us I thought?
Apr 5, 2016 4:06 pm
I do believe, now that Acaatha has acted, it's the NPC turn anyway. So, it'll all be clear up then (part of how we got here was because Acaatha was last to act in a round, then everyone posted after Acaatha, but the NPC had to act between me and everyone else -- the first round it went fine, but in the second round the NPC actions totally ruined everything and that's the round I believe has now just finished).
Apr 5, 2016 4:26 pm
NPCs ruin everything! I say we get rid of them
Apr 5, 2016 5:02 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
NPCs ruin everything! I say we get rid of them
Working on it! Well, sort of... I really shouldn't be shooting a weapon. Maybe I can use Skullduggery to dig holes in their skulls with my claws (sounds like a valid use of the skill, no?)
Apr 5, 2016 5:07 pm
or manipulate them into thinking someone else is attacking them so as to keep them in the bar and distract them
Apr 5, 2016 5:18 pm
Or they see the mark running out of the alleyway into traffic screaming about people doing stuff in the alleyway and his eyes. When they face palm we glue their hands to their faces.
Apr 5, 2016 5:22 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
or manipulate them into thinking someone else is attacking them so as to keep them in the bar and distract them
I tried that with illusion magic. All I managed to get accomplished was to have a random guy sucker punched by a body guard... which was funny, and totally worth it.
Apr 5, 2016 5:26 pm
"I still don't see why Acaatha can't use her powers for good. I mean Lin hasn't been on a date since... well since the crew formed..."
Apr 5, 2016 5:28 pm
it would seriously take the edge off of him...
Apr 5, 2016 5:34 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
it would seriously take the edge off of him...
Lin walks in the room right at this moment, "Oh it sure would," he waggles his eyes lasciviously, "Whaddaya say Mama *cough*, er, Mala. Wanna help me take the edge off?"
Apr 5, 2016 5:35 pm
I'm expecting an, "Aaand, SLAP!" post after that one!
Apr 5, 2016 5:57 pm
no, not yet.. Mala isn't a "strike first" kind of person

Lin, you are nowhere near the age or maturity level for me to take you up on your offer. I prefer adults, not juveniles
Apr 5, 2016 6:07 pm
"Plus you called heryou his Mama... Even I think that's odd..." Akhrirar admits shaking his head.
Last edited April 5, 2016 6:24 pm
Apr 5, 2016 6:14 pm
I know, right? Do I really look that old?
Apr 5, 2016 6:18 pm
Whatever come back Lin had prepared dies on his lips at Akhrirar's comment, and his skeezy grin turns to a look of horror.

"WHAT?! NO I DIDN'T! IDUNNOWHATYOU'RETALKINGABOUTIMAGONOWBYE!" Lin walks out of the room a bit too fast, tripping over the door frame. You hear his footsteps speed up to a run...
Apr 5, 2016 6:21 pm
*shakes her head and crosses her arms*

Wow.. Freudbot 3000 would have a field day with that kid...
Apr 5, 2016 6:29 pm
Akhrirar listens and watches Lin's sudden rapid departure with pursed lips before sitting down next to Mala and lightly tapping the back of Mala's hand, "Girl you know you don't look old. It makes me wonder though if you remind him of his mom... which is weird if he's flirting with you. Maybe there's something in his past that would explain it... or why he flies the ship half the time in his underwear... You're going to boycott doing his laundry again for a month aren't you?" he states giving her a sideways glance with the realization opening his mouth gave others on the crew possibly more chores.
Apr 5, 2016 6:31 pm
no, no.. the laundry needs to be done or the whole ship will smell like corn chips... but I will make sure to secure my hand lotions...
Apr 5, 2016 6:36 pm
"I'm surprised you don't use gloves... I do when it's my turn for the guy's clothes. One time I thought Lin had shoved rocks in his pocket... nope tater totz. Had to cut them out with a knife and sew the pocket back on... we can get some air freshners at the next port or something but you know the rule no open flames. I think Fuzil can look at an open flame now...but still" Akhrirar replies before covering his mouth before stating the last part shaking his head remembering.
Last edited April 5, 2016 6:37 pm
Apr 5, 2016 6:40 pm
you don't have to keep reminding me about the rules about open flames, how many times do I need to apologize? I treated everybody's flash burns and retinal damage, didn't I? If you ask me, the worst part was getting the smell of burnt wookie out of the refresher. That's a thing that doesn't leave a person easily...
Apr 5, 2016 6:50 pm
"I know, I know... it was the only time Fuzil had hair on his head and it was charred wookie flesh and hair that was on fire and stuck to his head flopping about... at least he stopped screaming in his sleep." he offered with a shrug, "He still can't look a wookie in the eye..." he added pointing at his own and indicating an eye falling out of the socket and trying to put it back in.

"That's also why we only do bounties on living people now." Akhrirar stated pointing towards the ground looking off into nothing and pinching his nostrils remembering the job.

*Shivers a little*
Apr 5, 2016 7:12 pm
well, I feel a little guilty saying this, but.. that wig really wasn't doing Fuzil any favors. it was probably a good thing that was the first thing to burst into flames...
Apr 5, 2016 7:20 pm
"Well that 'wig' was why the fire spread so quick... you know he can move really fast when he wants to.... like when he's on fire."
Apr 5, 2016 8:13 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
I'm still a bit confused on the game thread. Falryx, can you post the initiative order and perhaps highlight where we are at right now? Due to the back tracking and editing of previous posts, I am lost!
The order is:

NPCs, then players in any arbitrary order.

I'm not taking new player actions until the NPCs go.
Apr 5, 2016 8:20 pm
Perfect. Thank you. That was where I thought we were.
Apr 7, 2016 5:25 pm
http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/3E86FF22-D0EE-42C6-B14A-5546FF712752_zps2nisugbw.png

What are you guys looking at?
Last edited April 7, 2016 5:26 pm
Apr 10, 2016 11:25 pm
Ok! I'm back. Should get the round updated shortly. Sorry for the hiatus, but in the end skiing was fun.
Apr 11, 2016 12:21 am
Did Mala just floor it in park? Also you get my boost die.
Apr 11, 2016 3:06 am
I will roll the boost die. then we'll see if she remembered to put it in gear

so yeah, I floored it in park and damaged the speeder further
Last edited April 11, 2016 3:13 am
Apr 11, 2016 3:14 am
awesome. :)
Apr 11, 2016 3:30 am
Quick question on distances: Lin is in short range to Ralph, correct?

Can Lin use a double maneuver to reach the speeder this turn? If not, may I use athletics to do so?
Apr 11, 2016 3:42 am
Distance to the speeder is 'long'. so you'd need 3 maneuvers to make it near the speeder and a fourth, likely to get in. Unfortunately the rules are pretty opinionated on how many maneuvers one can take in a round.
Apr 11, 2016 12:31 pm
"The Deposit!!!" T_T
Apr 11, 2016 2:42 pm
Remnant says:
"The Deposit!!!" T_T
"I told you we should have bought the insurance."
Apr 11, 2016 3:18 pm
"We did!

In a higher pitch:

"Twice!"
Last edited April 11, 2016 3:18 pm
Apr 11, 2016 3:29 pm
"Did you get the Twi'lek driver addition to the insurance?"
Apr 11, 2016 3:33 pm
just because I am a twi'lek doesn't mean I am a bad driver! that is racist!
Apr 11, 2016 3:37 pm
"Mala's right. Her being a twi'lek doesn't explain why she's a bad driver, her driving skills are all on her - not her species inerhitance."
Apr 11, 2016 3:42 pm
Kriff it, guys! I'm a doctor, not a podracer!
Apr 11, 2016 3:57 pm
Look I am not racist. Just saying since the option was available we should have taken it.. Just incase. I mean there must be a reason that the renter asked wether she was going to drive or not. Roght?
Apr 11, 2016 4:03 pm
I guess nobody else noticed that he also offered insurance for pretty much every species in the galaxy? it's a scam, Fuzil!
Apr 11, 2016 4:26 pm
"But they said the Twi'lek driving issurance was 4000 credits when they saw Mala... everyone else had around 200, I mean that much is not in the budget..." Akhrirar states pinching the bridge of his nose.

*searches for anti-acid tabs*
Apr 11, 2016 5:44 pm
Funny how the rates do go up. Maybe he had a thing against your race. Maybe on bad group crashed a bunch of his speeders. How knows.

I don't quite trust Sid. Like how it says on the advertising "SID'S SPEEDERS. THE SPEEDEST SPEEDERS IN THIS SECTOR" Seems that these vechiles can't speed up to a person.
Apr 11, 2016 5:58 pm
seriously though, with all this stuff going on, we have a long way to becoming an elite bounty hunting group....
Apr 11, 2016 6:01 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
seriously though, with all this stuff going on, we have a long way to becoming an elite bounty hunting group....
Was that the goal? Lol. I picture Benny Hill music the whole time. I might make it canon that Fuzil is a dedicated marathon runner since he is running back and forth.
Apr 11, 2016 6:41 pm
I, for one, am enjoying myself immensely. I tend to think of you guys as a slightly more lucky crew of the Serenity versus, say, Cad Bane or Boba Fett. :)
Apr 11, 2016 6:55 pm
I got sad however that it started going out because i had full intentions of using the soup as either a slippery blockcade or to throw it into the eyes of a bodyguard. However it was not meant to be.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/5644041E-DF8F-4D31-BDCB-5DB439744FD0_zpsbbfcwy4i.jpg
Last edited April 11, 2016 6:55 pm
Apr 11, 2016 11:06 pm
Remnant -- Akhrirar is facing back towards Lin and Ralph given the shooting -- so if Lin falls you'll see it.
Apr 12, 2016 3:07 pm
Well this is not going as planned but exactly as I expected... plus now everyone knows Akhrirar stretches before Chasing people down.
Apr 14, 2016 12:27 pm
falryx says:
Remnant -- Akhrirar is facing back towards Lin and Ralph given the shooting -- so if Lin falls you'll see it.
Oh wait are you trying to point out stuff Akhrirar will use to rag on Lin?
Apr 15, 2016 1:46 am
Hey @lin - don't forget @urik over in the other thread. ;)
Apr 19, 2016 1:02 am
I know, I'm very sorry about my delinquency in posting. I have been insanely busy!

I won't realistically be able to post until Wednesday evening. Taxes tonight (yes, I am the king of last minute, thanks for asking) and face to face game group tomorrow evening.

Sorry!
Apr 20, 2016 3:38 pm
I was using a narrative way to giving Mala all the boost i can. Can I assign 2 boost to her for 4 advantage and then one in the common pooll in hopes she goes next making it a total of 3 boost?

Also i have 6 strain left. Fuzil is ok. He will gain that back with rest or next time i get an advantage rolled.
Apr 20, 2016 3:42 pm
so it sounds like nobody else needs healing. maybe acaatha and fuzil can hop in the speeder and mala can try to catch up with mamba? the boosts should help
Apr 20, 2016 4:12 pm
Oh i thought she was on deaths door. Yeah maybe you can drive better with 3 boost. Lol
Apr 20, 2016 4:34 pm
OOC:
It's all strain, one's killing someone outside a Trooper bar purposely.
"Discharging a blaster type energy weapon with lethal force as of Subset 345.A of the Eriadu Proper Civil City Bylaws involving encounters of personal defense explicitly state one must be threatened with lethal force or the intent implied for fear of life. Otherwise it falls into the categories of Assault, Assault with Intent to Maim, Assault with the Intent to Kill, Murder, Mass Murder. Which ranged from a Class 2 infraction up to a Class 7 with Class 5-7 enabling officials to put up a bounty for an individual or group there of responsible bodies. Plus property damage if someone makes a civil case for restitutions." Akhrirar explains adjusting a set of reading glasses while reading from the Datapad.
Apr 21, 2016 2:25 pm
I'm back all! Sorry for the absence, its been crazy lately!
Apr 22, 2016 9:24 pm
Hrm - I need the CRB for an update -- headed home from work soon so will get something to respond.
Apr 28, 2016 2:31 am
oh thank Oprah I got one success
Apr 28, 2016 11:06 am
darthoingoboingo says:
oh thank Oprah I got one success
maybe there is a copilot boost we can get if he decided to make it 2 difficulty.
Apr 28, 2016 12:59 pm
Copilot means back seat driving?

Man Totz is going to have to fix this speeder during a chase.
May 1, 2016 11:37 pm
the suspense is killing me
May 2, 2016 4:52 am
I have no idea what to do with that 5 advantage.... what would make sense? how do I give a boost to lin to get us out of here (or whoever the gunner is ) by doing a medical check? maybe mamba is on guns, and telling him the mark is alive gives him a tremendous confidence boost to shoot straight?
May 2, 2016 12:50 pm
He might mumble plot hooks/clues in and out of consciousness.
May 2, 2016 2:51 pm
With 4 threat i almost say I successfully plot a course... But to somewhere other than what i wanted to go. Like say i wanted to go to paris, france but instead went to paris, texas. Lol
Last edited May 2, 2016 5:36 pm
May 2, 2016 3:23 pm
oh, that would just be the icing on this cake. we finally grab the mark and then hyperpace somewhere way off course...
May 2, 2016 3:34 pm
We're so unpredictable/innovative even we don't know what we're doing.

Update: Additional success can yield more accurate target, threat can push you off course for where you wanted or elongate time in hypserspace. Maybe you were thinking about the soup and typed in something soup related instead of where we needed to go specifically. XD
Last edited May 2, 2016 3:38 pm
May 2, 2016 3:39 pm
well, that's just standard procedure when you might be followed. you jump anywhere else than your final destination and then quickly jump where you want to go.. makes it harder to track you...
May 2, 2016 3:39 pm
we always end up in Alderaan places...
May 2, 2016 3:45 pm
FYI folks: I'm lowering my commitment level, but I want to stay in this game - so I'm reading along, but don't take my lack of posting as a lack of playing! I just may only post when it's absolutely required. You can assume Acaatha is quietly keeping up, coming along and helping in minor ways :)
May 2, 2016 5:38 pm
Candi says:
FYI folks: I'm lowering my commitment level, but I want to stay in this game - so I'm reading along, but don't take my lack of posting as a lack of playing! I just may only post when it's absolutely required. You can assume Acaatha is quietly keeping up, coming along and helping in minor ways :)
Always the strong quiet type.
May 3, 2016 5:06 pm
So is Fuzil able to try to reduce the time more? Or is it six rounds and we are gone?
May 3, 2016 5:08 pm
Fuzil has reduced the time on the astro as much as he can (down to 4 mins). He's able to do other functions now.
May 5, 2016 4:39 am
please tell me the rest of the ship can't hear the conversation with the spaceport
May 5, 2016 5:11 am
Fuzil can, since I don't think he's relocated from the cockpit. But the rest of you are oblivious unless Lin is specifically piping it forward. Akh /might/ be able to hear it through the headsets assuming he and lin are using them to stay in touch.
May 5, 2016 5:39 am
that's fine. mala will continue to be blissfully unaware about the upcoming dogfight in atmosphere
May 5, 2016 2:28 pm
I think Fuzil went from blue to green.

Also im not understanding the roll mechanics. 4 purp is pretty hard roll.
May 5, 2016 2:31 pm
Kjmagle says:
Its because the Tie Fighers are faster than us. They have a max speed of 5, we have a max of 3. Makes it harder for us to maneuver around them.
Last edited May 5, 2016 2:31 pm
May 5, 2016 2:39 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Kjmagle says:
Its because the Tie Fighers are faster than us. They have a max speed of 5, we have a max of 3. Makes it harder for us to maneuver around them.
Ok.

I haven't played much inflight stuff in our game so this was new to me.

I can see Lin say buckle up and get ready to fly away but within a 5 sec the ties and next to us. Lol
Last edited May 5, 2016 2:40 pm
May 5, 2016 3:20 pm
Must be the pants, messes up his mojo...
May 5, 2016 7:08 pm
In Lin and Akhirar's defense this is an incredibly stressful situation... it's also hard to line up a shot while you're doing donuts in the sky...
May 5, 2016 8:15 pm
um, lin.. I'm right behind you
May 5, 2016 8:18 pm
Oh no, Lin said that over comms, to Mala.
May 5, 2016 8:19 pm
Again Pants on, he's all sorts of underpowered due to underwear. %P
May 5, 2016 8:33 pm
waiting on fuzil before i trigger a round (uncertain acaatha will do anything other than assist fuzil if he does something she can help with).
May 5, 2016 8:48 pm
Does he have to keep Astrogation as his action or is it a batch job running in the background so that he can do other things?
May 5, 2016 10:48 pm
I think it's a batch job. making him sit at the astrogration chair for several rounds feels punitive.
May 6, 2016 4:44 am
I love how we all heap abuse on each other
May 6, 2016 4:48 am
It's like I'm watching an episode of Serenity some days...
May 6, 2016 5:16 am
I'm surprised at how ineffective shields are in this game. however your armor is helping you guys out. :)
May 6, 2016 5:33 am
welp, I just fucked us!
May 6, 2016 5:47 am
You should add a boost from Fuzil. And you still have 2/3 of your hull points left. I had forgotten armor.
May 6, 2016 5:55 am
oh shit, forgot about the boost.. adding it
May 6, 2016 12:38 pm
Lin forgot to take the boost and then he got the second boost since he went next
May 6, 2016 12:45 pm
Kjmagle says:
Fuzil seeing the sensors, points to then with his blue fingers.

"Lin this is not looking good. You think we can pull off the same thing we did when we were running from the Weequay raiders??" he asks quizzically?
Since the legend of our antics always needs to be told. What did happen?
May 6, 2016 12:53 pm
Remnant says:
Kjmagle says:
Fuzil seeing the sensors, points to then with his blue fingers.

"Lin this is not looking good. You think we can pull off the same thing we did when we were running from the Weequay raiders??" he asks quizzically?
Since the legend of our antics always needs to be told. What did happen?
See i always like when it's not explained. Let's you try think of what happened. :-)

Had i know you guys started so early i would have been posting. I wake up normally 4-5am cst.
May 6, 2016 12:58 pm
"Was that the time Lin thought he could get us down the mountain faster in the Mining Cart and we listened?"
Last edited May 6, 2016 12:58 pm
May 6, 2016 1:08 pm
"No you are thinking of the Vactooine job. They were not to happy of the outcome of that even if we completed it. I was talking about when Lin ..." Fuzil was cut off by the Tie Fighter laser bolts hitting the FTY.
May 6, 2016 1:12 pm
Ok if im at copilot spot. What would i have to do and how long to move back to the speeders we aquire, open the bay door and shoot it out at the tie fighter.

Just an idea i thought up lmao. Dont care if it works just thought is was funny
May 6, 2016 1:18 pm
You can always use the other turret gun... I don't have to fire both.
May 6, 2016 1:53 pm
"The Weequay raider thing doesn't apply here! That was the time I flew the ship into the docking bay of a Weequay pirate ship, then blew through each bulkhead until we flew straight through the cockpit. These are Tie Fighters, they don't have docking bays."

This isn't what happened, but Lin's rosy memory of the event makes someone else remember what really did happen. So, what really happened?

Also Fuzil, that thing with the speeder? DO IT! That is totally the kind of ridiculous behavior I want to see happening in Edge of the Empire!
Last edited May 6, 2016 1:53 pm
May 6, 2016 1:56 pm
Remnant says:
You can always use the other turret gun... I don't have to fire both.
yes... But thats not fun
May 6, 2016 2:02 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
"The Weequay raider thing doesn't apply here! That was the time I flew the ship into the docking bay of a Weequay pirate ship, then blew through each bulkhead until we flew straight through the cockpit. These are Tie Fighters, they don't have docking bays."

This isn't what happened, but Lin's rosy memory of the event makes someone else remember what really did happen. So, what really happened?

Also Fuzil, that thing with the speeder? DO IT! That is totally the kind of ridiculous behavior I want to see happening in Edge of the Empire!
In my first gane of EotE i was a wookie and we we trying to get away from Tie fighters that were about to take off. I had the pilot swing back and my wookie opening the dooer and then held onto an (awingi?) and droped a box of therma detenaors we found down the run way. Destroying all but 2.

One hella of a roll.

Loved the pilot talking to me "YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHAT???"
May 6, 2016 2:03 pm
after all that work I put in to getting the speeder here in one piece? drop a crate full of green mamba brand exercise leggings on them
May 6, 2016 2:04 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
after all that work I put in to getting the speeder here in one piece? drop a crate full of green mamba brand exercise leggings on them
There are 2 speeders. :-)
May 6, 2016 2:19 pm
"Hey if you guys worked out and wore them you'd see results... just sayin, anyone else dead lifting over 100 kilos?" Akhrirar states sitting upright and looking around to his question.
May 6, 2016 2:28 pm
"I found the leggings made great planters for my vegetables and plants i grow in the engine room. They hold the soil very well and are sturdy enough to handle any maneuvers the FTY are made to do. " He says with a grin at Akh.
Last edited May 6, 2016 2:28 pm
May 6, 2016 3:05 pm
Clapping his hands together Akhrirar points with his clawed index fingers at Fuzil, "Ya see, even if he doesn't work out he's getting healthy with dem pants. Just sayin' people if they can keep some soil from spilling out of them when Lin's driving they're doing their job. That's the kind of innovation we're needing in Green Mamba!" he states before leaning in to Fuzil to speak a little quieter, "Did you use the Large Longs? Lin's the only one who fits in those and he doesn't work out anyway."
May 6, 2016 3:16 pm
Acaatha's general function in situations like this is support (with Computers 1, I'd hope she could find ways to be helpful to others - and would do what she could to help the individual who needs it most -- basically leaning on Togruta Pack Hunter to provide double Boost to someone; way more effective than probably failing any other task she could attempt due to lack of training).
May 6, 2016 3:56 pm
It's very Meta but if Acaatha & Mala can free up Fuzil could he start working on ship repairs?
Last edited May 6, 2016 3:58 pm
May 6, 2016 3:57 pm
what was fuzil doing? trying to boost the shields? Mala can try that, she'd probably be just as effective.

no offence...
May 6, 2016 3:59 pm
Fuzil is the Ship Mechanic so I guess he's attempting to minimize his work and how many bottles of booze he'll need...
May 6, 2016 4:31 pm
Waiting on Fuzil for the round. Mala do you want to spend your 2 advantage on anything other than strain recovery?
May 6, 2016 4:33 pm
Candi says:
Acaatha's general function in situations like this is support (with Computers 1, I'd hope she could find ways to be helpful to others - and would do what she could to help the individual who needs it most -- basically leaning on Togruta Pack Hunter to provide double Boost to someone; way more effective than probably failing any other task she could attempt due to lack of training).
I think Acaatha's boost help can affect people who are doing something (e.g. perhaps she could stand over Mala's shoulders while Mala was co-piloting) and add help. With respect to helping Lin pilot, downgrading a difficulty check will remove a purple or turn a red into a purple, so it's pretty useful but more so when you're in an asteroid field or doing something crazy.
May 6, 2016 4:39 pm
Sorry i asked a question a page ago that was what i was waiting for.

As much as i like the character chit chat it does bog up the page with questions and makes things confusing.

I maybe another page for talk would need to be placed because to be honest it gets unorganized teal quick is 2-3 people post 5-6 things in an hour and things will get missed.

Destiny tracker shld just be for destiny points
Ooc should just be for questions and stuff
A character thread should be for the banter we have back and forth.

If i am being out of line I apologize but this is what i have noticed since i played.
Last edited May 6, 2016 4:46 pm
May 6, 2016 5:04 pm
Real quick on a couple of items:

I view the OOC thread as a place where any OOC-level interaction / meta conversation / etc. can take place. It's intended to be a one-stop shop for everything from "The Yankees Rule!" to a debate about game mechanics. I think further divvying up or strict enforcement actually likely diminishes the flow and feel of the group and the game rather than enhances it, so I'm disinclined to have strict rules in place.

On the plan to throw a speeder out. I'm not going to say 'no' because I prefer not to. That said, you're propose a very complicated action unless you have the support of the pilot. I've never thought about whether the cargo bay should be something that operates in a vacuum w/o an atmosphere. If so then I think the key thing you'd need is a space suit for yourself and a lucky roll. It's easily a daunting roll (4P) to do something like that, IMHO if not harder due to circumstances (e.g. evasive maneuvers). Assuming it takes you a maneuver to get to the bay and an action to suit up that would eat up a round. Then I'd demand a round to get the air out of the cargo bay unless you go 'explosive decompression'.

Hope that helps. :)
May 6, 2016 5:07 pm
I apologize I did not realize we were out in space already. I just took my to make it to the back of the ship.
May 6, 2016 5:09 pm
Kjmagle says:
I apologize I did not realize we were out in space already. I just took my to make it to the back of the ship.
Good point. Are we in space? I really want this to happen, lol!
May 6, 2016 5:16 pm
Yes -- y'all are in space. My assumption is that you're making best possible speed for hitting hyperspace distance. I figure you can go from ground to orbit in a space ship in about a round, especially if you're in a hurry (which you were).
May 6, 2016 5:21 pm
I again apologize. I just feel like i am being left behind because I can't post as much and sometimes things get missed when buried with post Like boosts that get assigned.

I also am not saying i dislike this style game. I am very amused by it. Just i am droopy the dog among a group of Road runners. Lol
Last edited May 6, 2016 5:22 pm
May 6, 2016 5:23 pm
Note that I mis-stated, we're also waiting on an action from Lin.

I think people do miss when boosts get assigned -- I try and catch it when I can. :) This is a challenge in all my PbP star wars games unless we slow down the cadence so much it feels too slow. Perhaps one day we can have a way within the dice roller to do it.
May 6, 2016 5:33 pm
Maybe instead of using advantages for boost we should jut use for story or regain strain. Advatage was my fall back to make a roll in hopes to help another with boost because it was easier that way.
Last edited May 6, 2016 5:33 pm
May 6, 2016 5:37 pm
It's your advantage to do with as you see fit! :)
May 6, 2016 5:41 pm
I should probably start using advantage to give myself boosts. the dice roller is an asshole
May 6, 2016 6:16 pm
For topic discussions on what KJmagle mentioned would it make more sense to put Banter in character creation? Also have a tag in a post in a different color for Boost/Setback Die assigned? Falryx can you move posts between threads or we just start at this point forward.
May 6, 2016 6:17 pm
we could put text regarding boosts/setbacks/light side flipping in a different color. makes it stand out
May 6, 2016 6:53 pm
Remnant says:
For topic discussions on what KJmagle mentioned would it make more sense to put Banter in character creation? Also have a tag in a post in a different color for Boost/Setback Die assigned? Falryx can you move posts between threads or we just start at this point forward.
Probably just make it a set point here forward. I can move threads, but not posts.
May 6, 2016 6:54 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
we could put text regarding boosts/setbacks/light side flipping in a different color. makes it stand out
This is a good idea.

BOOST

or

Boost

or

boost?

Maybe not blue since the OOC color is blue.
May 6, 2016 6:55 pm
I'd vote for red or green.
May 6, 2016 7:17 pm
Im fine with green
Last edited May 6, 2016 7:18 pm
May 6, 2016 7:54 pm
Boost & Setback?

New Green mamba color Yeeeeeeah.
Last edited May 6, 2016 8:01 pm
May 6, 2016 8:01 pm
Remnant says:
Boost & Setback?

New Green mamba color
Yes, yes, & ow
May 6, 2016 8:01 pm
Bright colors indicate danger. XD
May 6, 2016 8:05 pm
Also i am going to upper Wisconsin this weekend and the internet is iffy. So i will post when i can and have a singal. This the Only game im currently active in.
May 6, 2016 8:08 pm
Where you headed? I live in Madison, WI.
May 6, 2016 8:26 pm
I will be up by Door county. algoma, Wisconsin. Visiting my grandma for mothers day.

Aaaah Madison, Wisconsin. I had some fun blackouts on that campus... I think... Or so i was told.
May 6, 2016 8:27 pm
@lin you gunna act this round, bub?
May 6, 2016 8:27 pm
Kjmagle says:
Also i am going to upper Wisconsin this weekend and the internet is iffy. So i will post when i can and have a singal. This the Only game im currently active in.
I generally slow-roll or ignore weekends. Lots of folks are less active on the weekends.
May 6, 2016 8:31 pm
Sigh, yeah, I will. Just wish there was more I could do. I'ma repeat last round.
May 6, 2016 8:40 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Sigh, yeah, I will. Just wish there was more I could do. I'ma repeat last round.
Time to upgrade your engines so you can go faster, right?
May 6, 2016 8:42 pm
Yup. The FTY actually the SAM (Slow As Molassis).
May 6, 2016 8:52 pm
Lin, I'm thinking about some form of piloting roll to make it so you can determine which shield you present to enemy. What do you think? The way I read the rules, it feels like I could pick /any/ direction to hit you from because of your size. That doesn't mean you get a lot of value from angling the deflector shields if I can work around it... Thoughts?
May 6, 2016 9:36 pm
Hey the roller is messed uo. It show a wash. Does a wash hit?
May 6, 2016 9:39 pm
Its not messed up. That roll is a wash. No hit. Phew!

@falryx Sure we can do something like that. I feel that the designers of this game gave a lot of thought to keeping the whole party busy while the pilot flies, but neglected the pilot himself in the process. There's really not a lot I can do in this dogfight. This is why I wanted to play a pilot: to get to experience this sort of game play for myself.
May 6, 2016 10:01 pm
Ok wheeew

Also this is Lin in his room... "Whooooooooosh"

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/7DB23FBF-308B-4ECE-8329-F325367D4855_zpsvzeeahwa.jpg
May 6, 2016 10:19 pm
Kjmagle says:
Hey the roller is messed uo. It show a wash. Does a wash hit?
You guys are 100% right!

I'm used to the summary line and just read the '3 success 1 advantage' and ignored it from there. I'll change my narrative!
May 7, 2016 12:17 am
Just picked up supplements for colonists (Mala), smugglers (Lin) and technicians (Fuzil). Got some reading for when y'all are slow on the weekends.
May 7, 2016 12:23 am
Tuk. I just retread the rules. The *defender* picks the side hit, not the attacker. Unless the attacker has gained the advantage. I'll need to rethink something. I think try intend for fights to be places where there are obstacles (asteroids, other ships, etc.) effectively requiring a piloting roll each round from the pilot.
May 7, 2016 1:40 am
well yeah... the best dogfights in star wars were in the asteroid field... the asteroid field.. and the.. asteroid field...
May 7, 2016 2:25 am
So what did my attempt do? Give the tie setbeck?
May 7, 2016 6:56 am
@kjmagle don't forget the boost die from me.
May 7, 2016 9:46 am
Remnant says:
@kjmagle don't forget the boost die from me.
Lol thanks. I used it wisely... Blaaaaank
May 7, 2016 1:41 pm
Kjmagle says:
So what did my attempt do? Give the tie setbeck?
Let me poke around and figure somethin' out. :) Normally it reduces shields, but ties don't have shields, so..
May 7, 2016 1:48 pm
so it explodes!
May 7, 2016 2:08 pm
Well, that does seem to be typical TIE behavior. :)
May 7, 2016 2:19 pm
I was hoping it would slow them down. Like interfering with thier endings systems and reduce their speed.
May 7, 2016 2:29 pm
@Friar_Tuk/Lin I found this online -- still reading through and digesting it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aCo9WoSsZs1tOEa45_sEGI5BtyfPt_lAhPfgohc_d_I/edit

There's a lot of commentary about how FFG has basically made it so piloting skills don't matter in combat unless you're in an asteroid field or other nasty terrain. There's also the 'chase' mechanic which I haven't been using (p 241) because it's open space and the TIEs are quite a bit faster than the FTY.

Anyone have an opinion on those rules? I like how it means that the pilot now has a /job/ to do. I also like that it frames how to think about the forward arc nicely. I'm not sure I like how it throws boxes around a story that is supposed to be super narrative in the theatre of the mind, if you will.. but I worry that a pilot describing his or her actions without ramifications to those actions will have nothing meaningful to add.

I'd like something here because starship combat is something so core to Star Wars. It's important to me that everyone has something to do. And, to quote someone, as set up -- starship combat between Han Solo and Aunt Beru would be the same outcome unless Han had better gunnery skills.
May 7, 2016 2:29 pm
you could have injected erroneous data into their systems so their targeting won't lock on or the system thinks we're in a space we aren't... oh! you could have tricked the computer into thinking we were closer to it than we really are, prompting the system to divert power away from the engines?

I guess if TIEs could do that, they wouldn't crash into stuff all the time...
May 7, 2016 2:33 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
I was hoping it would slow them down. Like interfering with thier endings systems and reduce their speed.
I haven't figured out what impacting their speed would do to benefit you guys.

Perhaps with the dogfighting rules above, it could contribute a setback to that (or reduce speed which will have an impact on other rolls) or reduce handling by 1 for 1 turn (which could impact them too).
May 7, 2016 2:34 pm
falryx says:
@Friar_Tuk/Lin I found this online -- still reading through and digesting it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aCo9WoSsZs1tOEa45_sEGI5BtyfPt_lAhPfgohc_d_I/edit

There's a lot of commentary about how FFG has basically made it so piloting skills don't matter in combat unless you're in an asteroid field or other nasty terrain. There's also the 'chase' mechanic which I haven't been using (p 241) because it's open space and the TIEs are quite a bit faster than the FTY.

Anyone have an opinion on those rules? I like how it means that the pilot now has a /job/ to do. I also like that it frames how to think about the forward arc nicely. I'm not sure I like how it throws boxes around a story that is supposed to be super narrative in the theatre of the mind, if you will.. but I worry that a pilot describing his or her actions without ramifications to those actions will have nothing meaningful to add.

I'd like something here because starship combat is something so core to Star Wars. It's important to me that everyone has something to do. And, to quote someone, as set up -- starship combat between Han Solo and Aunt Beru would be the same outcome unless Han had better gunnery skills.
well, think about what Han did in all those space battles. he was flying in asteroid fields, flying THROUGH asteroids, doing stuff that could get them killed, buzzing the command bridge of a star destroyer, just generally dodging and going places enemies couldn't follow. that sounds like we need to have more obstacles in space battles.

in the couple of times in the movies when they were being chased by one or two TIE fighters, they were either blown away pretty quickly or caused to crash into debris. Maybe the pilot can make a roll to cause an enemy who is engaged with him to bump into something, causing some damage?
May 7, 2016 2:46 pm
To be honest I was trying to get to there guns so i would think it should effect that. Im fine with say a setback per success. Just makes it harder to hit the FTY.
Last edited May 7, 2016 2:51 pm
May 7, 2016 2:50 pm
oingo says:

well, think about what Han did in all those space battles. he was flying in asteroid fields, flying THROUGH asteroids, doing stuff that could get them killed, buzzing the command bridge of a star destroyer, just generally dodging and going places enemies couldn't follow. that sounds like we need to have more obstacles in space battles.

in the couple of times in the movies when they were being chased by one or two TIE fighters, they were either blown away pretty quickly or caused to crash into debris. Maybe the pilot can make a roll to cause an enemy who is engaged with him to bump into something, causing some damage?
I get that -- but I don't think every combat encounter we're going to have will take place in interesting terrain. Space is big and pretty empty. So as a result, I think there should be something meaningful for the pilot to do. I think rough terrain could enhance a decent set of dogfighting rules, rather than replace or diminish them.
Kjmagle says:
To be honest I was trying to get to there guns so i would think it shoukd effect that. Im fine with say a setback per success. Just makes it harder to hit the FTY.
Noted. I need to find a reasonable balance to ensure that this isn't an "I win" button for a high computers-skilled person. SB/success is probably too much. I could see SB, then additional SB per two success. But will want to dig around a little and think through things so it's systemic and not arbitrary. Part of the advantage of doing PbP. And besides, you'll know the outcome when it's the end of the round.. ;)
May 7, 2016 2:53 pm
Understood. Yeah we had that problem in the beginning of our other game i play online. I felt very very very op.

We came up with layers then. One round succes i was able to get into system. 2nd roll would get to the. Weapons. Maybe third to take them over.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/6D724355-3E5B-4408-98A6-67B74DA9E12B_zpszd7hqw0g.png

This was my guy agter 2 years of playing and he has been a nightmare for my brother with my talents. I got one if i get a triumph i can use my maneuvers as extra computer checks. Lol
Last edited May 7, 2016 3:04 pm
May 7, 2016 4:47 pm
I'll be unable to look at this doc until likely Sunday evening. I also have the Ace sourcebook for AoR. I'll take a peek in there to see if has anything interesting to say.
May 7, 2016 4:51 pm
No worries. We are on the weekend.
May 9, 2016 12:21 pm
Hey all, my busy weekend has bled over into a busy Monday. I'm not going to be very active today. Falryx, I'll try to look over those mechanics this evening.

Sorry all and thanks for understanding!
May 9, 2016 4:03 pm
it happens, no worries. will hold the turn a little 'til EOD today.
May 10, 2016 4:21 am
I finally had time to look at those Dogfighting rules. They actually look really good! My only real quibble is that in EotE you never roll for Maneuvers, so instead of a Dogfight Maneuver it should be a Dogfight Action.

If you tell me the difficulty of the opposed check (based on the other pilot's skill) I'll add a piloting roll and choose appropriate outcomes form the included table in that doc.

I'm assuming you, falryx, and everyone else, is ok with playtesting this stuff a bit. Let me know if I am falsely assuming.
May 10, 2016 5:59 am
let's give it a shot and see what happens -- assume 3G for the lone TIE (that said, I'm pretty sure Akhrirar just torched it).
May 10, 2016 12:27 pm
Im cool with you guys testing as fellow gms. It helps me if something like this comes up in our game.
Last edited May 10, 2016 12:27 pm
May 10, 2016 8:34 pm
Is that last Tie down? If not, I'll make a move.
May 10, 2016 8:35 pm
I think we got both TIEs. hyperspace jump coming!
May 10, 2016 8:54 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Is that last Tie down? If not, I'll make a move.
I think it will be, yes. I can always make a couple more show up if you guys like? :) Normally I wait 'til everyone posts to end the round. But I can pre-empt that if we want.
May 10, 2016 8:57 pm
How about a description of Lins flying thinking that the tie is still behind him...
May 10, 2016 8:57 pm
no, I jammed their comms! no reinforcements!
May 10, 2016 8:58 pm
Chicken!
May 10, 2016 8:59 pm
(but yes, the jammed comms contributes to the lack of additional TIEs in a timely manner).
May 10, 2016 8:59 pm
I would like to survive the introduction to the game.. you can be a raging asshat with the imperial swarms later.
May 10, 2016 10:06 pm
Sounds like Mala does not want us to kill an ex-boyfriend that's a tie fighter pilot...
Last edited May 10, 2016 10:06 pm
May 10, 2016 10:10 pm
she would never date an imperial! and especially not a pilot. if lin is anything to go by, they require too much maintenance.
May 10, 2016 10:32 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
she would never date an imperial! and especially not a pilot. if lin is anything to go by, they require too much maintenance.
Death Star Burn!
May 10, 2016 10:36 pm
Ooo! nice one!
May 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Spent this morning doing a bunch of research and bought another source book (Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters from WEG) -- but now I need to head into work.

I have travel time to Kwenn, repair cost all figured out. Need to think about the bounty hand off a bit more and the reward #. Sorry for the delay -- I woke up a full hour later than I expected.
May 12, 2016 2:15 pm
No worries at all falryx! All the hard work is appreciated (as a GM that usually just 'wings it' and just strives to be consistent in how I handle things over time, it's true respect that I have for those who actually do the work to make things right).

Also, unrelated, any ideas from the rest of the crew where Acaatha should evolve towards? I built her as a 'gap filler' (bit of stealth, bit of intrigue, bit of deception) to compliment the gunslinging, ship flying, mechanics and healers that we've got. By her career progression, she will naturally become better at hiding and sneaking (and marginally better at decryption and street-wise investigation). But, where else should I place emphasis?

I ask because my next talent is Well Rounded, which lets me make any 2 skills career skills. Statistically, I'm weighted towards Cunning and Agility.
May 12, 2016 2:17 pm
Do we have a slicer?
May 12, 2016 2:34 pm
I don't think we do -- Computers is already a career skill for me (unless there's another slicing skill?); so maybe that's the ticket.
May 12, 2016 3:00 pm
No slicer, i have 4g in computers though.
May 12, 2016 3:09 pm
From 4 Int? I have 2 Int, 1 Computers (so GY) and 1 Boost on attempts to decrypt communications. So, not really slicer material.
May 12, 2016 3:22 pm
Ya the int is 4. I spent my points to raise that as far as i can. Helps with mechanics. Slicer and outlaw tech are in the same career bracket as mechanic.

He is average for slicer just not able to get a triumph.
Last edited May 12, 2016 3:23 pm
May 12, 2016 3:28 pm
would fuzil ever take on the slicer specialization as well?
May 12, 2016 3:32 pm
Seems like he's a way better candidate for 'team slicer' then Acaatha. Might be better if I just keep pouring my effort into "hiding", then I can be the team survivor. When things go bad and we don't luck our way out of it, I will at least be able to tell the tale... And I'm also good at assisting... Damn, I made a bard guys. I always do this (usually by accident).
May 12, 2016 4:08 pm
I think Acaatha could go the "Face" route from A-Team.

I may be dating myself here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templeton_Peck

Now that I think about it we have:

Murdoch - Lin
B.A. - Fuzil
Hannibal - Green Mamba

You guys have one up on the a-team since you have a team doc. :)
May 12, 2016 4:10 pm
imagining Fuzil as Mr. T just made me giggle like a schoolgirl
May 12, 2016 4:11 pm
Lin is 100% Murdoch.
May 12, 2016 4:12 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
imagining Fuzil as Mr. T just made me giggle like a schoolgirl
I PITTY DA FOO' WHO TRIES TO SPILL MY SOUP!
May 12, 2016 4:16 pm
falryx says:
I think Acaatha could go the "Face" route from A-Team.

I may be dating myself here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templeton_Peck

Now that I think about it we have:

Murdoch - Lin
B.A. - Fuzil
Hannibal - Green Mamba

You guys have one up on the a-team since you have a team doc. :)
Thanks for putting Green Mamba as the shorted person on the A-Team reference...
May 12, 2016 7:41 pm
Does this mean i have to be drugged everytime we fly?

Also i dont think he would be a slicer tree more outlaw tech but that is allot of exp.

I can always get yellow in computers. The slicer tree just gets the bells and whistles. The reroll and the triumph talent is pretty sweet.
May 12, 2016 7:43 pm
You haven't yet. Outlaw Tech and Modder both look super sexy.
May 12, 2016 8:12 pm
Remnant says:
You haven't yet. Outlaw Tech and Modder both look super sexy.
I have outlaw tech and i took pieces from old driod eyes and jury rigged them into scanner goggles. It worked however when i scanned my teamate it gave me a record that he was with the empire... And then they fizzled out.

It was pretty cool for a session. I sat on that info for many sessions until we were all in a cramped car where my guy pukked a gun on him and told him to tell us his background basic. It was really cool and unexpected since my shacker guy is the biggest wuss there is.
May 13, 2016 4:26 pm
Lmao i almost wanted to give mala some fresh melons from the garden to help get our money. Lol
May 13, 2016 4:35 pm
Yeah but then you'd have to take the Saturday sensitivity training course with Lin (who ends up going every week).
May 13, 2016 4:48 pm
Mala doesn't need any help in that department, she just dresses conservatively most of the time.
May 13, 2016 9:10 pm
Lol and im the crazy one for food.
May 14, 2016 3:25 pm
Ok -- was asked "how does all this work" re: docking, etc.

I'm using:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwLuMQJaiXXiajF1ckF6Mzk1Q1k

...as guidelines.

In this case, the FTY is silhouette 4. So docking fees are 250 credits per 5-day week (which is the SW standard, apparently).

I'm using the fuel and provision costs elements and the maintenance bay access costs from this sheet as well. I may or may not entertain rolls to adjust the pricing, either as a randomizing element to reflect local economy or due to negotiation skills. Note that in the case of Kwenn station, it's controlled by Hutts and is huge. The opportunity to negotiate pricing on basic services is quite limited.

Also note that as Hutts, they are happy to rack up a bill as "credit" -- perhaps with an extortionate interest rate. so if you can't prepay for access to things, they are happy to "put it on your bill"
May 14, 2016 3:31 pm
that's 50 credits a day.. we can negotiate for that if we need to
May 14, 2016 6:46 pm
What's the XP cost for raising a career skill? Thinking I'll go for 5 XP to get Street Smarts (never hurts to be able to do some research mildly better), and (hopefully) the remaining 10 XP on skilllllls.
May 14, 2016 6:48 pm
Isn't it 5 x Rank #?
May 14, 2016 6:48 pm
I thought we spent all our left credits on ship inprovements?
May 14, 2016 6:49 pm
Best TPK: splitting a check and doing math. XD...
May 14, 2016 7:12 pm
Remnant says:
Isn't it 5 x Rank #?
I was hoping that :) Then my 10 XP goes farther.
May 14, 2016 7:15 pm
Ok! Acaatha is now decent at Knowledge (Underworld) and Streetwise (Rank 1 in both, and removes 1 setback from checks using either skill) :)
May 14, 2016 8:05 pm
Skill cost is:

5 x rank acquired + 5 if not career.

So in a career 0 -> 2 is: 5 + 10 = 15xp

In non career skill 0 -> 2 is: (5 + 5) + (10 +5) = 25xp
May 14, 2016 8:08 pm
I think lin and mala put in for smuggling compartments, which is why I only have 25 left. I think lin spent all of his cash
May 14, 2016 8:17 pm
Yup. The job will pay adequately enough that you won't be scraping so totally at the bottom of the barrel. But I'm hopeful to get some more source material before I figure out the going rate for kidnapping someone.
May 16, 2016 3:23 pm
"Told you. You needed a fruit basket"
May 16, 2016 3:24 pm
hell, the guy probably gets angry because he thinks someone sent their slave out to negotiate with him.
May 16, 2016 3:35 pm
These are just the hazards of the job. Should I come out before they think you're an escaped slave and they taser you?
May 16, 2016 3:37 pm
jesus, I didn't get a despair... actually, fal said that it was daunting to negotiate, not charm. I'm hoping he knocks a purple die off my roll...
May 16, 2016 4:16 pm
Daunting is four purple though... Also compliment his jacket!
May 16, 2016 7:20 pm
I'll wait to update when i get home tonight to see if I can get some perspective on charm. Otherwise we can go with the roll and move along the narrative (it won't be a travesty, 1 fail 1 threat is no big deal... if it had been 3 threat or 5 fail or something, that's another story).
May 16, 2016 7:21 pm
I was just going for having them be off their guard or be favorably disposed to me. guess the guy just doesn't trust too easily
May 16, 2016 7:22 pm
it'd be fair to say that an employee of the Hutt Cartels likely sees his fair share of people trying to get into his good graces. It'd be a tough sell.
May 16, 2016 7:23 pm
I can live with that. are there rules for aiding another character? I could help negotiate too
Last edited May 16, 2016 7:23 pm
May 16, 2016 7:44 pm
Quote:
OOC:
Phew, that's a lot of threats. Don't suppose you'll let me take it all as strain and not hit us with the expected awful narrative blowback?
Oh, no no no. Narrative blowback it shall be. The dice have spoken!

(Mala if you want you can add a boost die unless you have a better skill at negotiation or better presence - at which point we'd use your higher skill or attribute to set the dice). looking at it, you could add a green die to Lin's roll if you wanna do that. I'll let you narrate something and toss the die into the pool and we'll see what happens.
May 16, 2016 7:47 pm
will do, let me think of something
May 16, 2016 7:52 pm
YOU ARE FUCKING WELCOME
May 16, 2016 8:04 pm
With all those threat if converted to strain i could see Lin tripping down the hatch, falling over the crates, tripping face first on the dockmasters feet. Getting up to fast straining his knees and back, brushes off and then gives his speech.
Last edited May 16, 2016 8:05 pm
May 16, 2016 8:05 pm
Mental note, take Lin my hands by the side of his head and neck, Sink teeth into said head and lock down with extreme passive aggressive rage.
Last edited May 16, 2016 8:06 pm
May 16, 2016 8:06 pm
hopefully I talked him out of selling you into slavery
May 16, 2016 8:08 pm
...biting is the opposite of passive aggressive: Its just plain aggressive.
May 16, 2016 8:12 pm
Living flesh is best with mint jelly...
May 16, 2016 8:16 pm
oh, boo! now down to three threat!

i'll consider something less blowbacky... time to mull it over.
May 16, 2016 8:18 pm
in the noghri culture, biting someone's skull IS passive aggressive
May 16, 2016 8:19 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
in the noghri culture, biting someone's skull IS passive aggressive
May 16, 2016 8:41 pm
Also the GM can't kill us if he's laughing too hard at us that he can't see straight.
May 16, 2016 8:46 pm
falryx says:
oh, boo! now down to three threat!

i'll consider something less blowbacky... time to mull it over.
I have the perfect thing...
May 16, 2016 9:06 pm
"Nooo my credit score. Nooooo"
May 17, 2016 6:33 pm
On a side note I would watch this as an animated series... they'd probably have commentary from each character though in a black booth at times during scenes.
May 17, 2016 6:43 pm
Remnant says:
On a side note I would watch this as an animated series... they'd probably have commentary from each character though in a black booth at times during scenes.
Lmao "the office" for star wars.
May 17, 2016 6:44 pm
With possible face biting. You know what you did....

It's be entertaining... Granted Adult Swim only though probably stateside due to content.
Last edited May 17, 2016 6:45 pm
May 17, 2016 6:47 pm
Lin will be totally confused by Akhrirar's anger on this one. He thought the ship was broke (because he's broke, so isn't everyone?) and thought he was doing a favor by negotiating terms.
May 17, 2016 6:48 pm
Btw the NPC wouldn't be in the bikes however he would be taking pieces and parts from both bikes to make something like the NPC that would work.

I am guessing this will take all the stay at the dock to work on this.

This also leaves us with 2 non working speeders or as Fuzil would call then "parts garden".

I really need outlaw tech so i can make gadgets.
May 17, 2016 7:06 pm
That and Modder look pretty sweet.
May 17, 2016 7:10 pm
too bad I can't do the same thing with parts of people
May 17, 2016 7:35 pm
I think there's a cyber mod spec... But doctor does have a stimpak Super Juicer ability
May 17, 2016 7:36 pm
yeah, I was debating taking that talent. think it would be useful?
May 17, 2016 7:40 pm
I really depends on what you want to do with your character. Considering the SW game where I was stating a doctor, brawling or a shooting sill plus anatomy lessons is nice.
May 17, 2016 7:43 pm
yeah, I thought about that, but I don't see mala as wanting to hurt people more when she has to shoot them
May 17, 2016 7:49 pm
Down the spec tree I thought you kind of got a stunning fist like monk move no?

Yep Brawl + Pressure Point + Anatomy Lessons if we have it in the destiny pool. You state don't kill me and try and sucker punch using medical know how to cause strain unsoakable damage.
Last edited May 17, 2016 7:52 pm
May 17, 2016 8:54 pm
That plus taking a talent you dont have to use it.
May 17, 2016 9:13 pm
3 more threat, again?! wow you guys are the gift that keeps on giving! :)
May 17, 2016 9:24 pm
falryx says:
3 more threat, again?! wow you guys are the gift that keeps on giving! :)
but i saved 4k lol
May 17, 2016 9:44 pm
Oh... I can use 3 threat to cause a lot more fun than credits. Note that the 4K credits is for base hull repair. I hadn't figured out a price for the NPC yet. :)

-t
May 17, 2016 9:46 pm
now, don't enjoy yourself too much....
May 17, 2016 9:48 pm
What I really need to do is figure out how to make Mala roll more. The dice roller hates her.
May 17, 2016 9:48 pm
great. someone needs medical attention and I end up killing them. that would really develop some character...
May 17, 2016 9:52 pm
post after dinner -- need to poke around streetwise a bit in the CRB.
May 17, 2016 10:42 pm
Lmao that's hilarious. Mala a great roller.

Either way i liked how Fuzil just demolished 2 speeders to fix a NPC... Which I haven't the foggiest what it does.
May 17, 2016 11:10 pm
it moves the plot along
May 17, 2016 11:14 pm
I totally made it up. :) I figured you need some 'subquest' of some sort. :)

You circumvented it, so I adapt, using some threat to my advantage. :)
May 17, 2016 11:26 pm
guys, don't forget he rolled double numbers when he hit my obligation. shit's going to hit the fan
May 17, 2016 11:44 pm
falryx says:
I totally made it up. :) I figured you need some 'subquest' of some sort. :)

You circumvented it, so I adapt, using some threat to my advantage. :)
Well sh*t.

Ok for 2 triumph it better make the ship a lil more special. Lol
May 18, 2016 1:22 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
guys, don't forget he rolled double numbers when he hit my obligation. shit's going to hit the fan
But its Wednesday and tomorrow is Taco Thursday... that's normal.
May 18, 2016 2:12 pm
Just an FYI, I'm in Dallas at a conference for the next 5 days, but I will try to post in this one once a day.
May 18, 2016 5:47 pm
Prediction: Akhrirar is gonna go ballistic postal and shoot Lin some day, lol.
May 18, 2016 5:52 pm
maybe with stun. anything else and then I'll have to patch you up.
May 19, 2016 12:32 am
Got some research to do on Mala's obligation (e.g. hutts involved, hutt politics, etc. etc.). A plan is formulating but need to read up on my Hutt politics before I can nail it down.
May 19, 2016 12:36 am
Friar_Tuk says:
Prediction: Akhrirar is gonna go ballistic postal and shoot Lin some day, lol.
Stun and allot of kicking.
May 19, 2016 12:47 am
I see perforated skull in Lin's future... for what? No one knows.
May 19, 2016 1:37 am
falryx says:
Got some research to do on Mala's obligation (e.g. hutts involved, hutt politics, etc. etc.). A plan is formulating but need to read up on my Hutt politics before I can nail it down.
great... just fucking great....
May 19, 2016 2:26 am
darthoingoboingo says:
falryx says:
great... just fucking great....
this has clearly been coming.best to pull off the bandaid and get it over with
May 19, 2016 2:28 am
yeah, I know... I can still give him a hard time about it. did we ever establish that the crew knows about the bounty on mala's head? I think I remember us agreeing that she kept it secret but I could be misremembering.
May 19, 2016 2:48 am
Akhrirar and Acaatha know about Mala's probably Lin and Fuzil know about their situation also probably. We probably know the other got 'something' going on, what no idea really. Its kind of meta now but you did walk out to great the dockmaster in a seedy spaceport without a veil or disguise of some sort. Granted Mala probably isn't thinking clearly due to being freaked out.
May 19, 2016 2:51 am
to be honest, I totally forgot. Oh well, she noticed there was someone looking her up near the planet we were on. she figured that she got away from anyone who might be looking for her for now
May 19, 2016 3:29 am
Got less reading done tonight than I wanted. Boy needed Math help -- and math help over FaceTime is a slow and agonizing process. might get something together tomorrow. apologies for the delay. this time the travel situation didn't help out as much.
May 19, 2016 3:29 am
(and i'm living 3 hours in the future than normal... so i'm tired!)
May 19, 2016 4:08 am
I'd rather wait and have something well thought out and engaging than something thrown together and predictable
May 19, 2016 5:01 am
darthoingoboingo says:
yeah, I know... I can still give him a hard time about it. did we ever establish that the crew knows about the bounty on mala's head? I think I remember us agreeing that she kept it secret but I could be misremembering.
I'm confident Acaatha is about to find out about Mala's "situation".
May 19, 2016 1:46 pm
No worries we'll keep ourselves busy.
May 19, 2016 3:47 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
I'd rather wait and have something well thought out and engaging than something thrown together and predictable
oh, sure.. raise the bar on me while you're at it. ;)

we'll see what I can do to not be predictable and yet not be stupid. :)
May 19, 2016 4:48 pm
So shake the Background tree and see if any exploding chestnuts fall out?
May 20, 2016 1:17 pm
Just an fyi.
My character since left alone will just be tearing apart the speeders to make the part. So i will not be posting anything really unless he is talked on the com or they come back.

I am still reading everyone post and on here everyday.
May 20, 2016 3:14 pm
I'm also staying abreast of things -- but don't want to get in the way of y'all roleplaying. Poke me if you want me to move things along -- otherwise I'll try and divine when a good time is to stick my nose in and move the timeline along.
May 20, 2016 3:17 pm
work is a bit busy for me today, but I'll have time to post more in an hour or so
May 20, 2016 7:19 pm
On a double between my two jobs today. Not going to be able to post until Saturday or Sunday evening.
May 23, 2016 9:03 pm
Imma waiting 'til this evening and then I'll roll things forward without y'all. :)
May 25, 2016 12:21 pm
Im digging the story here
May 31, 2016 3:04 am
nice way to handle a paranoid crew... I'm glad everyone succeeded enough not start firing on the ship, that would have caused my damage we'd need to pay to repair
May 31, 2016 3:10 am
I rolled for the three -- in the end, opted to interpret the rolls as I did, rather than encourage too much trigger-happiness. :)
Jun 3, 2016 3:48 pm
what's the agreement on pay for the group?

E.g. if you earn 10,000 credits on a bounty, is it an equal split from jobs? do you set aside something for the corporate books? are you paid a standard wage from the corporate books?

I'd probably recommend some split that takes a bunch and puts it into the corp for upkeep/etc. and then the rest split as makes sense amongst you.
Jun 3, 2016 5:04 pm
I think the cuts would be equal after costs to fix/refuel and replenish the ship.
Jun 3, 2016 8:03 pm
I recommend a 50% cut to "ship/corporate funds" and an even split on the remainder.
Jun 3, 2016 8:08 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
I recommend a 50% cut to "ship/corporate funds" and an even split on the remainder.
I can agree to this plus IOUs.
Jun 3, 2016 8:28 pm
so 600 credits each?
Jun 3, 2016 8:29 pm
minus IOUs
Jun 3, 2016 9:33 pm
What are the IOUs, and those should come out of the pot before splitting (so 50% to corporate fund and then IOUs from that? or IOUs from the 3k, then the remainder is divided).
Jun 3, 2016 9:46 pm
If you say want say Super Fancy widget that cost 800 but you only have 500 we talk it over and the difference comes out the kitty and you pay it back after the next job. Or if people didn't have enough to chip in for dock fee's people get the money loans out back.

I think Totz and Lin were short for docking fees. IOU would come out of the person's cut.
Last edited June 3, 2016 9:46 pm
Jun 3, 2016 10:00 pm
Right, but I mean, what about those of us who used pocket change to pay for the docking fee? Aren't we owed by the corporate fund?
Jun 3, 2016 10:13 pm
note that 50% for the corporate kitty may or may not be enough to cover your costs.

I suppose you could interpret the docking fees contribution as an IOU from the corp to the person.
Jun 3, 2016 10:13 pm
...you guys need a Hutt accountant NPC... ;)
Jun 3, 2016 11:10 pm
like hell we do. I say we go with the Wookie. nobody argues with a wookie accountant
Jun 3, 2016 11:44 pm
Candi says:
Right, but I mean, what about those of us who used pocket change to pay for the docking fee? Aren't we owed by the corporate fund?
Yes to this sorry misread it I guess.
Jun 4, 2016 12:12 am
I get my 25 credits back!
Jun 4, 2016 12:49 am
Yep, Mala and Acatha get your money back and Tots and Lin get their payout minus what they couldn't pay for Docking Fees before (-20 for whichever one of you had 5 credits and -25 for the baller on a budget that didn't have any money left.)
Jun 5, 2016 2:07 pm
Ok. Assuming 50% into the Corporate fund then equal dispersion.
Jun 5, 2016 2:41 pm
...you may want to have it be:

(1) pay for ship supplies/fuel
(2) pay for ship IOUs
(3) then split the the money: 50% ship, 50% crew
(4) then pay for ship repairs (if any)
(5) then pay for ship capital improvements (if any)
(6) then deposit into ship account for later

Or perhaps you might want (4) ahead of (3). Right now I did:

(i) pay ship IOUs
(ii) then split the the money: 50% ship, 50% crew
(iii) pay for ship supplies/fuel
(iv) then pay for ship repairs (if any)
(v) then pay for ship capital improvements (if any)
(vi) then deposit into ship account for later

Let me know which formula works best for y'all. Keep in mind you've got ~4,000 credits of materials you need to affect repairs to your hull damage. In the first example, you're more likely to keep the ship working but be individually strapped for cash. In the latter one, you're more likely to have spending money, but the ship may fall apart. :)

Generally, btw, the idea is to keep you guys living at the edge somewhat, rather than enabling you to build up some kind of massive criminal empire (unless there's a crazy big job..).
Jun 5, 2016 2:55 pm
we may not be able to afford to repair the hull until the next job
Jun 5, 2016 3:08 pm
At this point, you cannot afford to repair the hull fully. That's correct. If you did it before splitting out credits, you could. But then your split would be something like 125 credits each.
Jun 5, 2016 3:11 pm
hmm, it might be better to cover all the ship costs first before divvying up what's left. it's more important to have a well functioning ship in case we run across trouble than to have extra spending money. that's my $0.02
Jun 5, 2016 3:14 pm
hrm. I take that back.

With 840 + 3000 split you're short about 160 credits from being able to fully repair. But you could get to 24/25.
Jun 6, 2016 1:34 pm
Lin will donate 500 to repair the Hull Trauma. He wants a working ship.
Jun 6, 2016 1:55 pm
I'd agree we should figure we want everything full up on the ship before we take out equity from the funds to use for capital on a wish list if we have personal funds for items. Also we'd have to line up a buy if it's something really hard to find as well.
Last edited June 6, 2016 1:55 pm
Jun 6, 2016 5:27 pm
Sorry busy today will post hopefully tonight
Jun 7, 2016 8:20 pm
Random note..

I'm reading lots of extended source material around bounty hunters (both from WEG and the d20 star wars systems). It looks like to be an accredited Bounty Hunter, you need an Imperial license. From my perspective, you guys do not have that license yet -- hence working through brokers (who do). As a result, you're getting a very limited selection of jobs where you pay a significant overhead to your brokers for the gig.

As I learn more, I'll figure out how to open up the Imperial bounty system to you. I suspect it'll be somewhat problematic, as I'm likely to throw down 5 obligation on the party for your escape from Eriadu. So if that gets triggered at some point, THAT will be fun.

Does this all sound copasetic? Your next gig is more of a smuggling/theft thing -- but I assume you wuold like to have some options to cut out the middlemen...
Jun 7, 2016 8:31 pm
that sounds good.. it seems totally keeping with cannon to have a small time crew trying to muscle themselves into the bounty hunter guilds. some of the guilds only take people who have proven themselves or who can pass a set of trials. since we're pretty much unknown at the moment, we need to prove ourselves.

I have a copy of the bounty hunter code and it has a lot of good stuff. there are different clans and they don't seek bounties from fellow bounty hunters of their own clan, but the others are fair game... it's a good read.

now, if you'll excuse me, I just saw that there is also an imperial codebook that I need to spend money I don't have on.
Jun 7, 2016 8:31 pm
oh dude, how awesome would it be if we all became honorary mandalorians?
Jun 7, 2016 8:32 pm
Bounty Hunting I figured is more about your name/brand. You want big payouts you'll need high risk jobs or quick turn arounds. Green Mamba is flashing since been seen is the main thing now since it's mostly like Green Who?

Remnant sent a note to falryx
Jun 7, 2016 8:34 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
oh dude, how awesome would it be if we all became honorary mandalorians?
Akhrirar's entire head lurches back. Honorary?
Jun 7, 2016 8:44 pm
I think it's a combination of what remnant said and what falryx is reading. some groups can get the big score and earn respect and honors that way, but if you are part of a guild you have more access to contracts set by governments and such. some clients only want to deal with a certain guild.

people want to join a guild because of more control over contracts they can pick, and safety
Jun 8, 2016 1:48 pm
*Puts on his reading green shades*

I have us at
+6000 Payout from Hyperdrive Specialist Job
- 0250 Dock Fee
- 0100 Maintence Facility Access Fee
- 0780 Refuel
- 0975 Resupply food stuffs
+0390 refund on fuel not pumped

Projected cost of 640 to finish refueling.

So about 3535 in the account so if we leave 1500 in there 2035 split five ways would be a payout of 407 each. Sound good?
Jun 8, 2016 1:53 pm
-25 to pay off player IOUs.

I have you at 1,360 left assuming a 500 credit payout to each member.
Jun 8, 2016 1:58 pm
Forgot ious
Acaatha 22
Mala 22
Akhrirar 61
Fuzil 5
Jun 8, 2016 4:33 pm
Sorry been busy playing catchup with work
Jun 8, 2016 5:03 pm
Well you did cobble together a fewer complex part out of some beat up speeders. Working miracles takes a lot out of you probably.
Jun 8, 2016 5:55 pm
Im sorry just been really busy kast couple days. There is allot for me to read. It will have to be when i get home. If im holding up the story Gm please go ahead and post. Otherwise i will post something tonight.
Jun 8, 2016 6:20 pm
I think you're ok man. Less has happened than the text makes it seem. We switched docks to restock and refuel, then jumped station earlier than expected due to the previous dockmaster nosing around looking to delay us. We are just about to take off.
Jun 9, 2016 8:08 pm
I paid out 25 from the kitty for the IOUs. let's assume since they're all ...
OOC:
weird! i musta typo'd something, the rest of my post didn't happen...
.. under 100 credits that they're paid out (I think I used the less-than sign) and I won't adjust the account balances any further.

You are currently at 1,360 credits with a 500 credit payout to each member. If you want to put money back in the kitty, you can either let me know here, do it through RP in the thread or add the math to the balance sheet yourself.
Jun 9, 2016 8:28 pm
on another note, as a group you have 100 obligation now.. so.. you're generally screwed. :)
Jun 9, 2016 9:04 pm
and I think my obligation is in the 40s... so here we go again!
Jun 9, 2016 9:35 pm
I had mis-entered someone's obligation -- so it's segued to someone else. :)
Jun 9, 2016 9:36 pm
Gah! Do we get to know? XD
Jun 9, 2016 10:30 pm
People paid out 22 a piece for the chip in except for Lin, Totz gave up his last 5. I covered Lin and the rest of Totz since I invest.

Also how's obligation are we dealing with? Is it mine? Licks his hand and smooths back his scales.
Last edited June 9, 2016 10:31 pm
Jun 9, 2016 11:33 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Gah! Do we get to know? XD
It'll enter the narrative at some point. :) and mechanically that person will have their strain threshold reduced...
Jun 11, 2016 3:50 am
Lin has a busy weekend, so this likely won't see movement 'til Monday. Sound like you guys have a plan though.
Jun 11, 2016 12:56 pm
so how much credits i have?
Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm
I think its 505 with you refund. Falryx can confirm.
Jun 11, 2016 2:12 pm
Confirmed.
Jun 11, 2016 3:01 pm
Cool. Im going to saving up and buy a "herb" garden.
Jun 13, 2016 2:51 pm
Back on y'all. Sorry for being quiet all weekend, friends in town.
Jun 13, 2016 2:57 pm
on a side note, if you're going to search for "twilek and togruta fanart" be sure your safe search is ON
Jun 13, 2016 2:59 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
on a side note, if you're going to search for "twilek and togruta fanart" be sure your safe search is ON
*a hand reaches out, flips a switch to "OFF"...*
Jun 13, 2016 5:09 pm
Oooooooooh my
Jun 18, 2016 3:12 am
I'm at aa conference and the wifi here is very temperamental. So my access is limited until Tuesday. Don't let me hold things up though.
Jun 21, 2016 7:59 pm
Ack -- thanks for the heads up - i'm on a work trip, so somewhat constrained myself! Will try and shuffle things along!
Jun 21, 2016 7:59 pm
btw: ACK = acknowledged (as in ACK/NACK)
Jun 23, 2016 2:10 pm
Lin's gonna end up with Space-VD isn't he?
Jun 23, 2016 2:16 pm
Could be worse, Lin could show up naked at the ship holding his butt and crying on Akhrirar's shoulder...
Jun 23, 2016 2:59 pm
electro-gonorrhea, the noisy killer
Jun 24, 2016 7:15 pm
This will be interesting to see how it plays out for the rolls...
Jun 24, 2016 7:31 pm
so does that mean he finds an opened door?
Jun 24, 2016 9:36 pm
huh. failed, but with a triumph.

ok.. gotta think about that one a bit.
Jun 24, 2016 9:40 pm
that was perception, right? maybe he doesn't find what he's looking for but suddenly has a force vision...
Jun 24, 2016 9:41 pm
Triumph is a Success & Advantage though no?
Jun 25, 2016 3:22 pm
yah, but 1 failure + 1 success = 0 success == failure.
Jun 25, 2016 3:49 pm
I figure it's mostly a wash (didn't spot anything) with a triumphant advantage.
Jun 25, 2016 7:26 pm
the triumph is actually three things:

1 triumph
1 advantage
1 success

so -- it's not cancelled out, although you failed. so you have to have something interesting happen from the triumph. :)
Jun 29, 2016 7:50 pm
fyi I'll be on 'vacation' out of state starting the 1st going through to the 10th of July. I'll likely have time if I have service to at least keep up on reading threads if they progress but I make no promises on daily postings.
Jul 6, 2016 1:17 am
Sorry for the delay in posts all!

I would like to let you know that my circumstances have changed for the foreseeable future: I will not be able to post in any significant way during the day any more. Corporate IT is cracking down on certain types of web traffic, and Gamersplane is flagged as a "games" site. I can work around it, but it requires me to log in off domain. So just won't be able to post as frequently as I'm used to.

Expect me to become a late evening/early morning poster. Only about one or two posts a day max.
Jul 6, 2016 3:26 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Sorry for the delay in posts all!

I would like to let you know that my circumstances have changed for the foreseeable future: I will not be able to post in any significant way during the day any more. Corporate IT is cracking down on certain types of web traffic, and Gamersplane is flagged as a "games" site. I can work around it, but it requires me to log in off domain. So just won't be able to post as frequently as I'm used to.

Expect me to become a late evening/early morning poster. Only about one or two posts a day max.
That's ok. I just do it from my phone. Hence why allot of spelling errors.
Jul 7, 2016 6:41 pm
Im going to wait for tuk to post since i am with him character wise
Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm
Let me know if I need to make another stealth roll for my stakeout.
Jul 11, 2016 4:54 pm
Will do -- at this stage, things seem pretty dead around the museum. Want to stick around there?
Jul 11, 2016 4:54 pm
note. it's okay if you do -- i'll figure something out to bring you in, i won't leave you staked out in the cold. if you wanna do something else, that's okay too.
Jul 11, 2016 5:22 pm
Sometimes you got to squat and drink cold coffee and questionable meat product in stick format to make them credits. XD I'll at least get a better timing when it's the 'most' dead.
Last edited July 11, 2016 5:22 pm
Jul 11, 2016 5:52 pm
Understood! I've got a plan...
Jul 11, 2016 6:30 pm
This aught to be good. Xd
Jul 11, 2016 6:32 pm
:) i opted for paranoia. :)
Jul 11, 2016 6:37 pm
Since he didn't find a good vantage spot and he's bored Akhrirar goes to investigate.
Jul 12, 2016 1:59 pm
Lin "politics makes my girlfriend horny" Darek
Jul 12, 2016 4:24 pm
Lin doesn't let his girlfriends know they're in a relationship... easier to not get into fights I guess.
Jul 12, 2016 5:01 pm
@Remnant - I'll move that Akh post (mentally) into the IC thread.
Jul 12, 2016 5:04 pm
I thought I posted it, didn't realize it was in the wrong thread... Xp
Jul 12, 2016 5:09 pm
:) ah, ok. I see you reposted already. :)
Jul 12, 2016 5:35 pm
Dena dena dena (Super Mario Bros music), whoops that was outloud....
Jul 13, 2016 1:28 am
SEVEN advantage?

Um. Lemme consider this one overnight. :)
Jul 15, 2016 1:55 pm
Very sorry all, but I need to bow out of my PbP games for the foreseeable future. I am no longer able to post easily during the day, and I have too much going on in the evenings. My post have been sporadic, and I feel its time for me to call it rather than drag things out.

I hope to be able to return to at least some games in the future.

I appologize to all the GMs and players I am in games with. I've really enjoyed gaming with all of you! I especially appologize for messing up the narrative of the games I am a player in. I hate to do it, but real life circumstances have forced my hand.

Have fun everyone! I'll really miss posting here!
Jul 15, 2016 3:30 pm
So basically Lin tells to wait here he will be right back... And never comes back.
Jul 15, 2016 7:58 pm
I can work with this, narratively, but we'll need a pilot. Mala's right out, she can't pilot her way out of a dead tauntaun. We can avoid adding another player if Acaatha, Fuzil or Akhrirar want to turn pilot.

Otherwise I can dip into another game where there are some reasonably active players (run by Tuk) and see if someone wants to come over and be the new pilot.

Thoughts?
Jul 15, 2016 8:16 pm
I'm not exceptional but I guess I'd be the best mechanical fit but if Tuk's game is closing down I guess we can see if they'd like to still play unless they're already in this game.
Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm
Acaatha has Agi 3, Piloting (Space) as a career skill (now, thanks to well rounded) and was building towards co-piloting (no piloting talents, but skill-based capability). Is there another career within her spec that's good at piloting? That would determine how feasilbe it is to drive hard into that area.
Jul 15, 2016 9:36 pm
it is my hope that one day I will fly out of a dead tauntaun
Jul 15, 2016 9:49 pm
"Doc how did you end up in a Dead Tauntaun... again? You say I get crazy when I drink." Akhrirar states pursing his lips and give you a very judging look.
Jul 15, 2016 9:55 pm
I've thrown an invite to fluglichkeiten from another game (run by Tuk). He's willing to hop in and be our pilot.
Jul 16, 2016 5:17 am
Hi folks, I hear you're looking for a pilot. How does a six-limbed, pod-racing fanatic xexto ace sound? This guy is a thrill-seeker who is happiest threading asteroid fields or dodging blaster bolts. He loves ships which are fast and manoeuvrable and doesn't have much in the way of scruples.
Jul 16, 2016 5:18 am
As long as you fly the ship with your pants on, I don't care
Jul 17, 2016 12:00 am
"Sounds good, but I'll be frank unless you've spealized in making sound effects the FTY honestly handles like a slab of duristeel concrete in water being pushed by a stick if you're not an exceptional pilot. That's why we only had one guy try and steal out ship, he didn't make it out of the port docking bay."
Jul 17, 2016 12:33 am
"Kinda wish we had the SEA TURTLE ship now" says while feeling queezy from thinking of fast spinning shil.
Jul 17, 2016 3:42 am
ugh. I'm not vain usually, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a ship like that
Jul 17, 2016 3:01 pm
Flug!

Welcome aboard. Perhaps more so than other games, I'd recommend reading the character creation and OOC threads for this group. There's been a lot of banter back-and-forth that can help you understand the flow of the personalities.

Question -- should you be a known quantity to the team, or are you a new guy breaking on to the team? I can make either work, though the latter is somewhat narratively easier on me. But I'm flexible.
Jul 17, 2016 3:45 pm
I am thinking that if be some kind of down-on-his-luck pilot who has washed up on Spintir while doing a job for some Hutts. I may have just crashed the ship I was flying and lost the cargo and am suddenly on a Hutt's bad side. Again.
Jul 17, 2016 3:46 pm
Also, I have read through the character creation threads and the posts so far in The Shiny Cube, just not the previous mission.
Jul 18, 2016 5:12 pm
so, anyone else excited that according to the season 3 trailer for Rebels, Grand Admiral Thrawn is officially cannon now?
Jul 18, 2016 5:15 pm
I was squeelingg at the trailer.
Last edited July 18, 2016 5:15 pm
Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
so, anyone else excited that according to the season 3 trailer for Rebels, Grand Admiral Thrawn is officially cannon now?
My kids are burbling with excitement.

I didn't see the trailer myself.
Jul 18, 2016 5:26 pm
Sorry for the delay pushing this along. Turns out my brief 4-hour jaunt to an island yesterday included a 3 hour drive home since the ferry line was awful, so, I spent all day doing that. Will update here according to my evil plans.
Jul 18, 2016 7:54 pm
Hey take your time. You gotta figure out how to make this work.

Here is the trailer.

https://youtu.be/xmXp802sFgQ
Jul 18, 2016 9:31 pm
XD Waits for Falryx to read...
Jul 18, 2016 9:42 pm
this must be what taking crazy pills is like...
Jul 18, 2016 10:05 pm
Kjmagle says:
Hey take your time. You gotta figure out how to make this work.

Here is the trailer.

https://youtu.be/xmXp802sFgQ
O

M

G
Jul 19, 2016 7:47 am
Indeed. AND Timothy Zahn is writing a new fully-canon novel called "Thrawn", due out next April.
Jul 19, 2016 7:48 am
I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it into a movie!
Jul 19, 2016 6:26 pm
that reminds me to review your character...
Jul 21, 2016 3:58 pm
@flug -- I think it'd be good if you had a connection to one of the remaining characters (or Lin and Fuzil) so you're more likely to enter in as a trusted companion versus us having to work that out.

thoughts?

-t
Jul 21, 2016 4:09 pm
as long as we don't owe him money...
Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm
What if he is a crazy friend of akh?
Jul 21, 2016 5:08 pm
that will be probably most reasonable/helpful...
Jul 21, 2016 6:57 pm
"Yyyyyoooooooooooou!!!!" Akhrirar says in a long disdainful drawn out snarl.
Jul 21, 2016 7:11 pm
Happy to establish a connection with somebody. Who owns the Faster Than You? Perhaps they won it from me in a game of sabacc, in true Star Wars style.
Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm
Fty was Lins however did he steal it or pay for it from the ship he stole?
Jul 21, 2016 7:53 pm
Okay, so that won't work. I mean it would kinda make sense that us pilots would know each other, but it wouldn't work for the game.

My background was as a racer, but more recently I've been working for Hutts. Could I have met any of you there?
Jul 21, 2016 7:59 pm
Actually, it could be that I met Mala on Nar Shadaa while she was still a slave. I would have been destitute after being shafted by somebody when they sabotaged my ship. Maybe the good doctor patched me up?
Jul 21, 2016 8:05 pm
that's a possibility. and we could just bump into you on this planet and we recognized each other...
Jul 21, 2016 8:20 pm
I would probably be aware that you escaped the Hutts. Since I was still an indentured slave it would have given me hope. Maybe seeing you alive and well gives me the confidence to just leave that life behind.
Jul 21, 2016 8:23 pm
hmm.. would you still be enslaved? because Mala would do her best to convince the crew to free you like they did me
Jul 21, 2016 8:33 pm
Yeah. That works.
Jul 21, 2016 9:33 pm
Kjmagle says:
Fty was Lins however did he steal it or pay for it from the ship he stole?
oh, he stole it.
Jul 25, 2016 5:34 pm
ok... flug -- you're welcome to enter the bazaar and notice Mala if it helps -- would rather get you looped in than not.
Jul 25, 2016 6:07 pm
I am changing my post since we posted at the same time
Jul 25, 2016 6:17 pm
please, nobody describe what they think a gamorrean butt plug looks like....
Jul 25, 2016 6:25 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
please, nobody describe what they think a gamorrean butt plug looks like....
what ever it is, it makes them squeal like a pig.
Jul 25, 2016 7:08 pm
I guess they were the sandals for medical reasons also...
Jul 29, 2016 3:20 pm
Just a heads up, between a Biker festival in the area a Fleetwood mac cover band this weekend coming to town (No idea who Fleetwood Mac is really but I love my wife so I might end up taking her) and Gen Con next week I'm going to call it I'll be spotty or not posting until after August 9th. Yes this is a blanket statement for all the games I'm in.
Jul 29, 2016 9:08 pm
Ack -- depending on post cadence, I'll either shuffle you along, or we'll slow down for a bit.

Any strong opinions?
Jul 29, 2016 9:12 pm
Hey you can go your own way...
Aug 18, 2016 3:50 am
Traveling on work tomorrow. Next update from me may be Friday am.
Aug 21, 2016 5:26 am
Hey there -- had a couple busy days getting ready to fly to Hawaii for some vacation. I'm on holiday from 8/21 - 8/26. That said, I will have my iPad with me, so you probably will get some updates, just at weirder times since I'll be living 3 hours in the past.
Aug 21, 2016 12:20 pm
hey have a great vacation! I can wait. been very busy at work lately
Aug 25, 2016 2:22 pm
Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been posting for a while. I should be able to get back to a more regular schedule soon.
Aug 25, 2016 4:05 pm
Yeah i have been doing a big project myself. If i see a place to post i will. Im checking jusr not active
Aug 25, 2016 4:36 pm
No worries on either front. If I get to a point where you need to do something I will drive you if you aren't around.
Aug 26, 2016 9:09 pm
I would like to submit "put it in when I start ugly crying" as the worse sentence to be uttered during a roleplaying game
Aug 26, 2016 9:21 pm
It certainly has a lot more connotations than it should!
Aug 29, 2016 12:33 pm
At least I don't have to cover Lin's eyes... (You should go and watch Sausage Party then.)
Aug 31, 2016 11:46 am
I am really sorry I haven't been contributing. Overtime and this project has been killing me.

I would like Fuzil to in the background watching everyone nibbling on things or looking at the surroundings. Not really focused on the task at hand. Kinda explains why not doing anything.

I promise to post something this weekend when i get some breathing room.
Aug 31, 2016 3:49 pm
No worries kjmagle -- real life hits us from time to time. the heads up is all I need to make sure you're still alive and interested. if you like i can have you head back to the ship to fix something-er-other rather than wandering around town ignoring good food. :)
Aug 31, 2016 6:27 pm
No i am checking in daily(incase of an encounter or something) so if i need to post i will. I fig the teat the crew is more active where is fuzil is more go with the flow and following the group around.

I will answer if asked or part of the scence just be a bit. Im just not to interject myself at this point where everyone has to wait for my reply.
Sep 2, 2016 12:04 pm
Well lets hope their roll is bad.

Things are starting to slow down now at work. I will be checking more often.
Sep 7, 2016 2:31 am
Sorry for the delay.. Labor Day 3-day weekend meant more goofing off and less paying attention to GP.
Sep 19, 2016 5:49 pm
Heads up -- got a heavy travel schedule for a couple weeks:

This week: Today and Wednesday (low to no posting these days).
Next week: Tuesday - Thursday (low to no posting)

Apologies for slow progress during these times.
Sep 20, 2016 8:44 pm
Thanks for the update. Just when things are getting normal for me :-)
Sep 26, 2016 7:46 pm
Reminder- Traveling Tue - Thu of this week. tue / wed are all day meetings + dinner with colleagues. very low chance of posting. Thu is meetings, field day and plane travel, so.. ditto. :)

sorry for the delay. I /might/ post, but don't bet on it.
Oct 4, 2016 5:16 pm
*looks around*

"Guys this was Mala's idea... I'm just sayin'"
Oct 4, 2016 6:01 pm
don't you put that evil on me
Oct 4, 2016 11:47 pm
I'm sure Darth and Remnant have already picked this up (since they're in my other game); but we've hit a point where my two campaigns are overlapping. As a result, there may be a little bit of herky-jerky or lag as we get structured time aligned and I post what's going on back and forth.

I think both games are public, so I'll provide a link after the threads diverge again so you can see what it was like from /their/ point of view. But for now I'll be relying on Darth and Remnant to avoid breaking the 4th wall and goin' all meta. :)
Oct 5, 2016 12:04 am
"Pssh he's wearing pajamas, toss some hot cocoa and a blanket at him."
Oct 5, 2016 12:22 am
In other news, I've started to try and recruit a pilot. I think there's a good vibe when we have an engaged fifth and I feel Lin's absence weighs heavily upon the campaign!

I'll let you know if any of my leads turn up anything.
Oct 5, 2016 3:14 pm
Sorry i was gone a couple days busy. I will also most likely be away friday-Tuesday this week. So if its my turn please play for me on those days if i dont answer right away.

Fuzil is a non Violent guy unless if enemy is in engaged range with him. Then he has his lil gun he can shoot.

I apologize ahead of time and will check allot today and tomorrow to keep this rolling faster.
Oct 5, 2016 9:03 pm
What a strange bunch you have here. Strange and unfamiliar.
Oct 5, 2016 9:04 pm
oh crap, someone new! everyone put on pants!
Oct 5, 2016 9:05 pm
All...

I've gone and recruited Moofsalot as your new pilot. She and I are working on her character (and we'll pull together a background) together. I've played a D&D campaign with Moofs -- she was a gnome illusionist, if I recall correctly, who had a thing for shiny objects and was able to interrogate chickens.

Based on my experience in /that/ adventure, I thought she would bring a very good match to the Green Mamba culture. :)
Oct 5, 2016 9:18 pm
but there aren't any chickens in star wars...
Oct 5, 2016 9:21 pm
Not anymore.
Oct 5, 2016 9:23 pm
you're hired!
Oct 5, 2016 9:31 pm
Moofsalot says:
What a strange bunch you have here. Strange and unfamiliar.
"Sssh... You might want to burn the pilot's chair, he usually flew nude from the waist down...We'll air out the corn chip smell eventually..."
Oct 5, 2016 10:57 pm
"Hopefully she has brought some cheese to go with the corn chips."
OOC:
Welcome to the group
Oct 5, 2016 10:58 pm
Fuzil, I don't think you fully realize the implication of what you just said...
Oct 6, 2016 12:17 am
But you, you're a thing of beauty. Yeah, I think we're meant to be together. Introduce me to your crew? Wow, ok but we've only just met...

I look up from the console and notice, for the first time, everyone already looking at or speaking to me. "Oh! Uh, hello. Nice to meet you all!" I hold onto a corner of the console to brace myself and smile.
Oct 6, 2016 11:58 am
She's weird... Not as odd as Lin though... granted if you hire people using ZoidbergList... Akhrirar thinks to himself and smiles.
Oct 6, 2016 12:38 pm
Maybe this one won't insist on flying pantless...
Oct 6, 2016 1:14 pm
Why do they keep looking at my pants... "Oh no, I hope I didn't spill something on myself again..."
Oct 6, 2016 2:47 pm
Fuzil smiles Good... im not the only one that is confused by these people.
Oct 6, 2016 6:25 pm
"Oh no, it's just that your predecessor generally disliked pants. It was becoming a problem, to be honest."
Last edited October 6, 2016 6:25 pm
Oct 6, 2016 6:51 pm
"She's... Normal." Akhrirar states looking at the others with a very toothy grin, "As we're going to get..." he adds.
Last edited October 6, 2016 6:52 pm
Oct 6, 2016 9:15 pm
"Thanks! You all are kinda normal too!" Relaxing slightly, I gently pat the console before taking my seat and putting my feet up. "Anyone got something to drink?"
Oct 7, 2016 7:55 pm
Moofs - lemme know when you're ready to be thrown in and we can work on the intro mechanics.
Oct 7, 2016 8:00 pm
I'm ready to go whenever, with the caveat that I haven't wrapped my head around the dice mechanics and I'm not sure what to do about equipment so I played it safe with a weapon and stim pack.
Oct 7, 2016 8:11 pm
I'd say go with the DW mindset, what would your character do when 'X' happens and then see what to roll to do that. I for example should probably not be the one driving, I'm the shortest member of the team and highly exciteable if you're read our banter.
Oct 7, 2016 8:15 pm
No worries on dice mechanics. Just ask and I'll happily tell you what dice to roll and how to compute stuff (and how I got there). In the end, difficulty dice are usually modified by me in some regard because we want the game to flow well, but you'll learn how to roll skill/attribute rolls quickly.

I'll start working you in.

By way of background -- should Xenia be someone you guys know from past jobs/interactions? Could be she had a deal go south. Perhaps she was hired by the crew that lifted Lin and ditched to avoid paying her?
Oct 7, 2016 8:17 pm
That'd be more her decision or maybe there's a reason she wants to find Lin but won't tell us... Da da daaaaaaaaa
Oct 7, 2016 8:20 pm
I'm just here for the ship. Call me an opportunist? ;)
Oct 7, 2016 8:30 pm
Someone you guys would know then, and be comfortable with -- but, y'know. you had your pilot. :)
Oct 7, 2016 9:54 pm
The GM in me feels like it's a bad idea for her to also be seeking Lin; generally better to let dropped characters fade from the story than to make them into red herrings.

Also, if we (or someone) knows her that will make the introduction into the team easier. We need a pilot, and hey, here's this woman I met back on Talon XII when I was still a young upstart. We nearly got arrested for swindling a councilor and joy riding their top of the line speeder bike through a busy market and into a hotel pool.
Oct 7, 2016 10:35 pm
Maybe I was a pilot for one of Akhirar's competitors that one time when he failed? Or someone knows me by reputation.
Last edited October 8, 2016 12:56 am
Oct 8, 2016 12:54 am
Or this is literally your ship... Dx
Oct 8, 2016 12:58 am
That works too! I can be flexible. I have a generic background that can be adjusted as needed.
Oct 8, 2016 1:39 am
I like the idea of her being the rightful owner of the ship.. wait.. didn't we steal it?
Oct 8, 2016 1:44 am
Lin stole it from his smuggler boss, yes. But presumably Lin was just nabbed by bounty hunters for that. Seems weird to not also take the ship.
Oct 8, 2016 1:46 am
who says they didn't? maybe one of the bounty hunters was the rightful owner of the ship and she needs to resupply bvefore taking it back
Oct 8, 2016 2:27 am
Or maybe Lin got popped for something unrelated. I mean, how well did you know him really?
Oct 8, 2016 2:33 am
That's a good point. That guy was into all sorts of trouble.
Oct 8, 2016 2:45 am
the pilot chair manufacturer's union got fed up with us replacing the vinyl all the damn time
Oct 8, 2016 1:44 pm
Did Lin rip the tag off the cushion? That's against the law in some sectors...
Oct 8, 2016 5:23 pm
Im trying to remember if Lin stoled the ship but then sold it to buy the FTY. If so maybe he bought a hot ship that belonged to her?
Oct 10, 2016 3:14 am
After a few minutes, my eyes start drooping and I fall asleep where I am. I dream of rycrit stew, specifically swimming in it. It is delicious.
Oct 10, 2016 1:31 pm
IIRC: I thought he bailed on a job and took the ship from the guy he thought was in charge (Leader of the crew/gang or captain forget which) and dumped him out at the port before flying off world. Totz fell asleep working on the ship and realized it was in space and not where it was suppose to be. You pulled on him and said hello. You two hit it off for the most part and have been together ever since (I figure the bounty on him was due to not leaving his two week notice letter and taking the ship).
Oct 10, 2016 6:24 pm
Yeah that is all pretty true, but i thought he would have sold the ship to get a new used ship. It would all be in the characters creation but i just don't feel like reading it all. :-)
Oct 10, 2016 6:25 pm
I think he painted it to look like a different ship...
Oct 10, 2016 6:37 pm
...with flames on the side.
Oct 10, 2016 7:44 pm
*mutters* I still liked the flying tortoise ship...
Oct 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Ok. Was waiting on Acaatha, but she's had 24 hours so I'm going to post on her behalf to keep this moving.
Oct 11, 2016 5:01 pm
Oops, I missed the explicit call that I was up. Oh well, works (and it was Canadian thanksgiving, so I've been mostly offline for the last 4 days anyway).
Oct 11, 2016 6:07 pm
Ah - right! sorry 'bout that. Well, I rolled well!
Oct 11, 2016 6:50 pm
Yup, and it's what'd Ida done in anyway (upon finding out a door was locked).
Oct 12, 2016 4:13 pm
I see i am up next. I will do it after lunch. Im currently running errands
Oct 12, 2016 5:09 pm
Ok all done. My kids bday was yesterday so i was busy all weekend till yesterday.

I kinda almost wish i did stay at the ship now to have the weird conversation with the new pilot. Im sure it woukd be weird and akward.
Oct 12, 2016 5:19 pm
But then think of all the food you wouldn't have been able to try.
Oct 12, 2016 6:36 pm
ack. thanks for the heads up KJ!
Oct 12, 2016 7:00 pm
How? Really how????

Ok one advatage for boost next person another advatage i find someones packed lunch that he got distracted by and thats why he wasn't able to hacking an easy fricking comp check.
Last edited October 12, 2016 7:02 pm
Oct 14, 2016 10:46 pm
Mala forgot to use my 2 boost
Oct 15, 2016 5:03 am
oh crap.. I blame work. I guess it's too late and the boost should go to the next person
Oct 17, 2016 6:31 pm
On a plane to Washington, DC at the moment. Depending on in-flight wifi I may get some stuff posted. I'm in the office all day tomorrow, then fly to CA tomorrow night, then in meetings most of Wed and fly home. Short version -- it could be thu/fri before there's an update depending on wifi workload and my travel-fatigue.
Oct 18, 2016 4:26 pm
Anyone guessing on the 'plan' and facepalming?
Oct 18, 2016 4:57 pm
Get drunk, eat stew. I am pro-plan.
Oct 18, 2016 5:30 pm
Lmao hoping there is a reinforcement in the back.
Oct 18, 2016 5:51 pm
Just fyi for the ftw "The other will provide a ongoing -10 to Starship Critical rolls until you receive a Component Hit or Power Fluctuation critical" from a fuzil modification. Just incase... you know our driving.

Also i was looking over my character and me and friar worked on the backstory. The stolen ship was sold so the FTW was bought. Wether legally that was up to Lin.
Last edited October 18, 2016 7:27 pm
Oct 18, 2016 5:55 pm
No clue what that means. Someone will need to tell me what dice I'm rolling for what...
Oct 18, 2016 7:31 pm
We need to wait for Farlyx for the dice pool. I believe it will be your pilot planetary skill bs his difficulty. i think pilot space is only for space but i can be wrong

The -10 is only vs hits on the ship that cause crits. When you roll a d100 it will take 10 less. The lesser the number the better off.

Until he gets back it wpuld just be probably rp of you getting into the ship and stuff or just wait.
Oct 21, 2016 1:44 am
Ok. I'm back. Just got 4 shots for my India trip next month, so may not type a bunch tonight. But I've got the day off tomorrow (Civ 6!) and will be getting updates in before the weekend. Thanks for your patience.
Oct 21, 2016 1:48 am
FYI I have vacation time coming up (Oct. 29th- Nov. 11th) but the first week is sort of a staycation and the second week I'll be in Disney (toddler-free! woohoo!) so in theory I should be able to pop in at least once a day or once every other day.
Oct 21, 2016 2:28 pm
Disney Land or World?
Oct 21, 2016 2:45 pm
World. I'll check out all the SW-related stuff while I'm there.
Oct 21, 2016 2:52 pm
I prefer the Epcot because of the food... X3....
Oct 21, 2016 2:59 pm
Food & Wine Fest! :D
Oct 21, 2016 3:02 pm
I recommend the grey goose lemonade and frozen Japanese beer.
Oct 28, 2016 7:44 pm
Also when Fuzil did locate the thingy i posted he relayed it to the info to team. Figure over the comms
Oct 28, 2016 7:53 pm
Am I supposed to drive there to meet you guys? Do I do that with the ship or something else?
Oct 28, 2016 7:54 pm
you're going to back our ship into the building with the cargo ramp down so you can scoop us all up
Oct 28, 2016 8:07 pm
Ah, so the coordinates are nearby then?
Oct 28, 2016 8:29 pm
This is definitely a ticketable infraction though... but we love you for it and hopefully it won't kill us... maybe the other guys but we're okay with that for the most part.
Oct 28, 2016 10:01 pm
Just don't drive it the whole way backwards or maybe you can
Oct 28, 2016 10:08 pm
I don't care how she drives it over, as long as she shouts OH YEAH! when she comes through the wall
Oct 28, 2016 10:39 pm
Breaking through a wall on purpose! What a nice change of pace.
Nov 2, 2016 4:06 pm
I honestly have no idea whether things are going well for you guys or not...
Nov 2, 2016 4:07 pm
that's the beauty of it! neither do we!
Nov 3, 2016 1:13 pm
Im here i thought i go last.

Ok so how close is the twillek with the saber?
Nov 3, 2016 2:16 pm
Unsure if you and Candi are on the same side of the door as the rest or the group or trapped on the other side with him.
Nov 3, 2016 2:59 pm
Ok when we figure out who is or not in the room with us i will go next
Nov 3, 2016 8:13 pm
Acaatha, Fuzil and the strange Twi'lek are on one side of a door that no one else is on.

My understanding is that once the door was opened, Acaatha and Fuzil went in. I would imagine the Twi'lek is within short range.
Nov 3, 2016 8:19 pm
Oh in that case...

"They got Mala! Cut they're (#)@# leks off!!!"
Nov 3, 2016 8:34 pm
Like she hasn't ever been unconscious on the job before...
Nov 3, 2016 8:36 pm
hey! making sure these jerks don't die because of their own stupidity is a very tiring job!
Nov 4, 2016 12:26 pm
You know the rule. You act like Lin you get treated like Lin. XD
Nov 4, 2016 6:10 pm
Maybe should back in where the holocron is at?
Nov 5, 2016 1:54 pm
As all these dudes whip out lightsabers I feel like I joined the wrong Star Wars game ;)
(I don't mean it guys, I love ya'll)
Nov 5, 2016 8:04 pm
Heads up - on a plane this evening to India for a week. Uncertain of connectivity/capabilities. Won't be taking any physical CRBs with me so if we get into an odd state I can't resolve with my digital stuff, we'll hafta wait 'til I get back.
Nov 6, 2016 12:47 am
Don't eat the street food ;-)
Nov 6, 2016 1:35 am
Don't worry 'bout that. :)
Nov 7, 2016 1:47 am
When i visit the Philippines i ALWAYS make the mistake of eating the street food. Why does it taste sooo good???
Nov 7, 2016 1:50 am
I'm from NYC. Street food is fine, and delicious.
Nov 7, 2016 11:43 am
I don't have a problem with street food per se, but exposure to unfamiliar food-borne microbes isn't high on my list of joys while I'm traveling on business. Especially when I plan to be in Hawaii in a couple weeks. :)
Nov 8, 2016 12:46 am
last night I just booked my flight to england next year
Nov 8, 2016 12:47 am
What time of year are you going?
Nov 8, 2016 12:48 am
april 7-21
Nov 8, 2016 12:59 am
Should be nice then. Could be a bit rainy, but IIRC spring in England was good (I lived there 15 months from late spring 2003 to winter 2004/5). I liked my time there a lot and it's been about 5 years since we last visited, so it's on the list to visit again in another year or so. Probably summertime next time.
Nov 10, 2016 6:11 pm
Ak's being a bit of a bad ass against the Jedi... granted his face is probably distracting them a bit.
Nov 10, 2016 6:25 pm
Lol take off the helmet... oh my lord put it back on!!!
Nov 10, 2016 6:30 pm
What helmet... *slowly blinks*
Nov 14, 2016 12:56 pm
The display case for the cube... what does it look like? I mean is it something i can just push over and grab the cube or something i have to the lock? Is it a glass case?
Nov 14, 2016 5:46 pm
Great questions -- you can definitely open it up and remove it without too much difficulty -- but that sucker is alarmed out to wazoo and even on a cursory examination you know that the second you take it, you're going to trip something major from an alarm point of view.
Nov 14, 2016 6:24 pm
How many opposing guys are left?
Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm
Meta: 2 one is chasing you to mess you up, the other is 'too old for this stchik.
Nov 14, 2016 8:21 pm
Things are going to turn interesting:-)
Nov 14, 2016 8:34 pm
Does this system support "readied" actions? I want to use misdirect to make fuzil invisible to jubba as he leaves that room, but as I understand the power i need to be able to see the target object (Fuzil) and be within close range of the victim (Jubba).
Nov 14, 2016 8:54 pm
I was hoping th ship would crash through the room we are at
Nov 14, 2016 8:56 pm
Could I potentially blast some holes in walls first?
Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm
What can go wrong with that? Lol
Nov 14, 2016 9:22 pm
Candi -- I've looked around for 'readied' actions in the rules previously and haven't found anything in RAW. Let me look into it. That said, I'd probably delay adding any home brew (if that's what it'd take) until a 'session boundary' in order to keep things consistent from session to session. It's a slightly arbitrary thing, but I don't want to change the rules mid-step on peeps.
Nov 14, 2016 9:35 pm
Following up -- in my research, everyone is kind anti "readying actions" in the forums with regards to RAW. Rather what should happen, in theory, is shaping how long a round is (and therefore how far you can maneuver, etc.). That works when I control the other side - but with players in both camps it's hard.

As an example -- Akhrirar had a lightsaber up against him. In theory when he moved, the wielder should have had an attack of opportunity ( in D&D terms ). But that's just crunchier than FFG is meant to be. End result -- no. No readying actions at this point, we've got to stay stuck with pretty tight initiative for now because of the construct of players v. players.
Nov 14, 2016 9:58 pm
Moofsalot says:
Could I potentially blast some holes in walls first?
Due to the size and way the ship is I think you'd have to have the ship on hover and run to the guns and run back when you wanted to move.
Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm
Right-o. And I can't wait for Fuzil to "finish" his turn since we're on the same block (or do I technically have to go first)?
Nov 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Strictly speaking, because we're in forced initiative you have to go first. In RAW against NPCs you could take a later slot. I was worried that the standard initiative system would be Really Weird to coordinate between two sets of PCs.
Nov 14, 2016 10:32 pm
@moofs -- it's unclear to me what kind of controls you'd have for the weapons up front. probably not many/any -- as it's designed to be a multi-crew ship.
Nov 14, 2016 10:34 pm
(Y)
Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am
That's my thong...
Nov 15, 2016 1:45 am
Alrighty, the slammy method it is.
Nov 15, 2016 4:21 am
What's an SB?
Nov 15, 2016 12:37 pm
Set Back -- it's the black die. It's some blank sides and some bad stuff sides.
Nov 15, 2016 4:03 pm
Im pretty sure my turn woukd to be get the case open and grab the cube. I think i am stuck at the location until next round.
Nov 15, 2016 10:57 pm
Sorry for the delay -- last night I managed to chop into my right thumb and got to spend a couple hours in the ER. I should have more normal use back later tonight once I take off this silly bandage.
Nov 16, 2016 12:57 am
Get better soon! I can see the white meat isn't something people should say. (White Meat = Bone)
Nov 16, 2016 2:29 am
Lol we have all done this i think
Nov 16, 2016 2:47 am
Yikes- keep your limbs intact!
Nov 28, 2016 9:47 pm
Just a heads up I'll be in NJ/NY from the 1-4th. If you're in my other games you'll see a similar post.
Nov 28, 2016 11:09 pm
Welcome to my state! *waves*
Nov 29, 2016 1:28 am
Thanks for the heads up. I meant Acaatha
Last edited November 29, 2016 1:29 am
Nov 29, 2016 5:06 am
Yeah he is pretty much hiding from the guy.
Dec 6, 2016 6:06 pm
All -- I've invited you into a 'game' where we can coordinate OOC across the two campaigns. With a recent departure from one of them, I'm back down to 3 players there (and 2 of them are in this campaign) so I wonder if there is some opportunity to consider how we want to proceed and/or combine campaigns or not. I'm very flexible, but figured we could have the conversation together....
Dec 6, 2016 6:11 pm
I am fone with it. Whatever is easiest. I am liking the story so far.
Dec 6, 2016 6:16 pm
I like playing Heyop & Green Mamba though. D=
Dec 6, 2016 6:19 pm
And you can definitely voice keeping the campaigns separate. :). I just don't want to assume that's the right path.
Dec 6, 2016 6:25 pm
Hey I'd watch a sitcom though were Heyop and Green Mamba are roommates...
Dec 6, 2016 11:28 pm
Quick additional heads up:

Tue 12/13 - Fri 12/16 - work travel to CA and CO. Uncertain how active I'll be.
Sat 12/17 - Uh. Rogue One. Duh.
Sun 12/18 - Sat 12/24 - skiing Sun Valley
Sun 12/25 - Christmas

So.. basically scarce between 12/13 - 12/25. If things slow down or stop during this time, that's why. I'll be back and raring to go on 12/26 however.
Dec 7, 2016 12:07 am
See you back around 12/26! Although I should probably mention I host a bunch of holiday parties between XMas/Chanukah and New Year's so I may not be as active when you get back.
Dec 7, 2016 12:04 pm
I took the day off to see Rogue One :-)
Last edited December 7, 2016 12:05 pm
Dec 13, 2016 7:48 pm
Heads up - concocted the plague on Friday -- and now in my business travel time. TBD on how/whether I can get some updates in before the weekend. If not, I'll definitely be updating on 12/26.
Dec 15, 2016 6:05 pm
Yeah i haven't shot. He really doesn't do violent attacks unless needed. And this guy is in engaged range that is perfect for my weapon
Dec 19, 2016 1:43 pm
Btw i loved Rogue One. It is my 2nd favorite Star Wars movie now. I need to see it again to see what i missed.
Dec 24, 2016 3:09 pm
I liked it -- but thought Force Awakens was better. Rogue One was very satisfying, but kind of a side dish, rather than part of the main meal. I do need to see it again and see if my opinion changes, however.
Dec 24, 2016 5:52 pm
Happy Holidays! Sadly it's gonna be a while before I see Rogue One. No spoilers!
Dec 24, 2016 7:19 pm
Yeah happy holidays xmas and all. No spoilers will be given.
Dec 24, 2016 7:26 pm
I promise no spoilers!
Dec 27, 2016 2:31 pm
By some miracle, my sister volunteered to babysit so I was able to watch Rogue One! It was pretty good, but yeah definitely more of a b-side episode.
Dec 27, 2016 6:51 pm
But there needs to be a disappointing look from a robot emoji.
Dec 27, 2016 8:51 pm
"You knew that wasn't me before you shot, right?"
Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm
I guess my friends and I all have a different take on on it. I still say it's my second favorite Star Wars movie. I do need to see it again to see what i missed. force awakens was good but I think its is 4th or 5th on my list.
Dec 28, 2016 2:40 pm
This one didn't have that much about the force to me. It might be viewed as a side story or 3.5 as some have doubted it but it's personally my favorite since it pulls in that neither side hasn't gotten dark and dirty in their actions. It also points out Mission Accomplished doesn't mean everyone gets away and lives happily ever after, and sometimes to win a war even when you win some key battles you still lose in a way.
Dec 28, 2016 3:04 pm
They didn't have to lose so much in order for it to be meaningful.

I didn't love Force Awakens but there was so much riding on that movie that it may have skewed my viewing experience. I will need to rewatch.
Dec 28, 2016 3:29 pm
I do love the fact there were no real jedi or much sabers used in this movie. I also loved how much they lost to get the plans. i hated what happened to them but it made me love the movie more. It's probably why mybtop 2 movies are Empire and Rogue.

The droid was hilarious and also I love Donnie Yen and his movies so I really enjoyed him in this movie.
Dec 28, 2016 9:27 pm
My order of preference is probably V, VII, RO, IV then maybe III, VI and II and I pretend episode I doesn't exist.
Dec 28, 2016 9:34 pm
Lmao you forgotten the animated clone wars movie :-)
Last edited December 28, 2016 9:36 pm
Dec 28, 2016 9:36 pm
I don't consider the animated stuff in contention. :)
Dec 28, 2016 9:36 pm
...or the Christmas specials.
Dec 28, 2016 9:40 pm
V, Ro, IV, VII, clone wars animated (its a movie). And then the prequels not in any specific order. I dont hate them I just had to listen to the audiobooks to Like them more.
Last edited December 28, 2016 9:41 pm
Dec 28, 2016 11:37 pm
The Clone Wars TV series is, I think, also really good. I'm less enthusiastic about Rebels.

I thought RO was solid. It was fun and serious in equal measure, which is what I want in a Star Wars movie. It felt a bit, I guess stilted, in parts (although I think that's because of all the re-shooting they did to make Jyn likeable, which was a good decision but made some parts a bit awkward). I loved the end, and I loved that (most) of them all had purposeful deaths, and the smooth connection into Ep IV.
Dec 30, 2016 4:13 pm
This is exciting to watch. Will Cap'n green pants grab the payload and leave his allies? Will he save Fuzil and Acaatha, or just one? Will he himself be knocked out? How will Xenia respond to Mala's query? Stay tuned and find out!
Dec 30, 2016 5:20 pm
or will stormtroopers bust in and arrest everyone?
Dec 30, 2016 5:32 pm
Probably they bust in, shoot the walls up, then arrest everyone and charge us with breaking, entering, and excessive damage to public property. This would be terrible if we hadn't already removed a wall from the building with the ship. Or you guys hadn't, I was unconscious through that whole event so I can't have been responsible.

"On these charges, how do you plea?"
"Sleeping."
Dec 30, 2016 7:38 pm
"I just got here..."
Dec 31, 2016 3:24 am
"I was looking for the snack bar..."
Jan 10, 2017 3:09 pm
Does Fuzil still have the cube on him? Ihe got shot but I don't remember the other guy searching his body to get it.
Jan 10, 2017 3:22 pm
Since it was you and him before the human female shot you on the meta you were knocked out from stun blaster fire and he was stated walking away with it so I figure he searched you if you put it away, if it was in your hand I figure you dropped it when you went KO. None of us 'saw' you get shoot since Acaatha was the closest but already down also you possibly got shook down by the guy so he might have taken some of your snacks too and no one saw... besides the lady who shot you. Savage if he did though.
Jan 10, 2017 4:38 pm
Take my snacks??? KILL THEM ALL.

Ok i just wanted to make sure because i did say i was pocketing the cube and that was before i snuck around and got shot.
Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm
True. Xenia and Mala on the ship, you and Acaatha are down, five light up sword people plus guards around me and I have to carry you and her out a 2nd floor solo... without getting dropped.
Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm
well, xenia and mala could always just get out of there and start their own business
Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm
It may not be the time to be a hero. Mamba getting dropped just makes three unconscious bodies, while Mamba getting out leaves room for rescue in the future.

If you must only save one, I wouldn't be upset if you went for Fuzil -- Acaatha, as I noted in the briefly existing hybrid thread, could transition to the other story as a force sensitive, if the plot demands it. Getting rounded up with them may be just that, though if they leave her out then maybe the guards will take her and the next plot will be a jail break. Who knows where the plot goes from here!
Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm
True, No one to sign checks or fix the ship though. XD or a voice of reason.
Jan 10, 2017 4:59 pm
That is certainly not Mamba's job -- pretty sure that job ad has gone unanswered for a half dozen cycles now ("Mercenary Crew seeking Voice of Reason"), but maybe we don't need one anymore since Mala seems to have stepped up to the plate.
Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm
Wait I get a free ship and doctor? Sweet! Or I just take the ship by myself and run...
Jan 10, 2017 5:18 pm
xenia could take on passengers, fix the ship up a little nicer, go on space cruises... we already have a doctor, all we need is a bartender and we have the space love boat
Jan 10, 2017 5:21 pm
And I get all the stew...
Jan 10, 2017 5:29 pm
Candi says:
That is certainly not Mamba's job -- pretty sure that job ad has gone unanswered for a half dozen cycles now ("Mercenary Crew seeking Voice of Reason"), but maybe we don't need one anymore since Mala seems to have stepped up to the plate.
Acaatha's the voice of reason and Tots fixes stuff, Mamba is middle management *sips coffee*.
Jan 10, 2017 6:22 pm
You are taking the stew??? And my garden with you??? (Fuzil' eyes all sudden open wide"

There is a great disturbance in the force... i mean my Food!!!
Last edited January 10, 2017 6:22 pm
Jan 10, 2017 8:29 pm
You guys are on a roll this morning. :)

The other guy in question is being run by me right now -- so I had him acquire the cube without a lot of narrative flair (apologies). It's fair to assume he'd find it, since pocketing a holocron would either be hideously obvious (are you happy to see me or is that a holocron in your pocket) or in an easy-to-find spot.
Jan 10, 2017 8:40 pm
What if it was in my fanny pack?
Jan 10, 2017 9:44 pm
You ever meet someone who ran up to a guard on a bridge and pushed them over the edge while screaming at them?

This Guy Crazy > Drunk Lin Crazy (at least from what I've seen).
Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm
😂😂😂
Jan 11, 2017 6:22 pm
Yah, Dagger er... Jsomething (whatever he said) is a pretty random one. Sad I had to take him over since I know too much to be truely reckless in the same way.
Jan 11, 2017 6:43 pm
Drunk Lin + ADD + Feral Cat + Light Saber + Three 4 year olds on sugar high?
Jan 12, 2017 6:20 pm
something like that.. but less mouthy. :)
Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm
*Shakes hands with Candi & KJmangle* it's been a pleasure if we don't make it out... Mala's shooting...
Jan 12, 2017 8:07 pm
all we need to do is trust in the force.... oh, right....

iamonewiththeforcetheforceiswithmeiamonewiththeforcetheforceiswithme
Jan 12, 2017 8:08 pm
If I want to try the same destination, does the difficulty go up?
Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm
Not really. I do this to heighten tension rather than make this a mechanical thing that will Finally Work When You Roll Eight Times. So -- add a Setback die due to a fussy astrogration computer. But regardless of the outcome it'll start working. If you have failures, it'll just take more time, which will stink if you have TIEs shooting at you....
Jan 13, 2017 12:58 pm
Mala's shooting wasn't so bad. ... this time.

If Fuzil wakes up he can help with astro however I suspect i will have a handful of setback seeing in was knocked out for a bit.
Jan 13, 2017 5:53 pm
I just laughed thinking instead of smelling salts u wave a sandwich under Fuzil's nose
Last edited January 16, 2017 12:13 am
Jan 13, 2017 7:22 pm
I just love how when things go wrong with our crew, it goes wrong in a spectacular fashion. This is freaking epic.

from now on, before we start any missions, report to the ship's doctor for stim buffs
Jan 13, 2017 7:35 pm
Like: You may not be tall but you have a big personality? or Uh I don't like your cooking but your soup smells better than Lin's Feet...
Jan 16, 2017 12:19 am
Would my Contraptions power work to make something to help us make it to the ground? Or is that just for engines and stuff?

Once per session, take Contraption action; make a Hard Mechanics check to fashion a device to solve a current problem using just the tools and parts on hand
Jan 16, 2017 12:41 am
sounds like you can rig something that will get everyone in the ship
Jan 16, 2017 1:51 am
I was thinking that but also thought maybe its only for mechanical stuff like ships and stuff.
Jan 16, 2017 3:25 am
Is there anything I can do to move the ship so Mala has an easier time firing?
Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm
Sure thing,

I figure you have a couple options available to you. You can:

(1) maneuver the FTY to enhance Mala's aim. effectively giving her a 'boost' by assisting her.
(2) figure out what's on your long range sensors
(3) ram the FTY into the building (or closer to it) in order to make it easier for akhrirar and the others to get back in.
Jan 16, 2017 6:05 pm
Choice 3!! What do I roll?
Jan 16, 2017 7:09 pm
How about a hard piloting roll? (3P). It's not hard to ram into the building, but the objective is to not take damage and stay stable.
Jan 16, 2017 7:09 pm
So, YYGGPPP
Jan 17, 2017 6:10 am
well that triumph is going to make things a lot easier
Jan 17, 2017 2:44 pm
I make slamming into a building look easy!
Jan 18, 2017 10:28 pm
Sorry i was busy today so inwould think Fuzil would be helping also
Jan 19, 2017 6:41 pm
He'd also be asking where his snacks are.
Jan 21, 2017 4:09 pm
Sorry for the delay! wed -> IAD, thu @ work, thu night -> SFO, fri @ work, fri night -> back home. So.. not a lot of free time with an internet connection.

Additionally a warning: business travel Sunday through Friday. I won't have access to GP during the day as I'm in 5 days of all day meetings (or on a plane). But I may have some night-time slots. Sorry for the slow down, but alas, this is why I PbP. :)
Jan 21, 2017 11:12 pm
seriously i have never... EEEEEEVER rool that many on my difficulty dice.
Jan 21, 2017 11:48 pm
when you guys roll like this, how can I ever spend dark side destiny points? I mean really. :)
Jan 21, 2017 11:49 pm
I can see it now.. falryx spends a dark side point and out astrogation computer just gets up and walks away... our fault for using a repurposed gonk droid...
Jan 29, 2017 1:39 am
I have a job interview for a dream position at CMU doing research on teaching (I fly out in 11 hours), so I probably won't post until I've gotten back and decompressed (Wed/Thurs).
Jan 30, 2017 8:50 pm
Best of luck! CMU is an awesome school, although.. Pittsburgh is not high on my places to live list. :)
Jan 30, 2017 9:12 pm
Good luck!

But that Burnt Almond Torte at Prantl's Bakery at Market Square... X3......
Feb 1, 2017 11:47 am
When you rolled for the crit did you take off -10 from the early mod?

"The other will provide a ongoing -10 to Starship Critical rolls until you receive a Component Hit or Power Fluctuation critical"
Feb 1, 2017 6:39 pm
I've been sort of following along, but one thing that wasn't clear (and maybe in the haze of travel I didn't pick it up): did Acaatha's assistance roll do anything?
Feb 1, 2017 6:41 pm
Oh! I meant to read up on that last night, which is why I didn't post during the day. Will review and try and accomodate/adjust as appropriate.
Feb 1, 2017 7:58 pm
"I mean no one's actually on fire though so she's doing a little better than Lin... I mean who caught on fire due to how they pilot a ship?"
Feb 3, 2017 8:19 pm
Question- Is Rapid Recovery an ability for me to heal strain or the ship?
Feb 3, 2017 8:35 pm
It's a bonus when you recover strain after an encounter I believe.
Feb 3, 2017 8:36 pm
for you.
Feb 4, 2017 12:30 am
Sorry i took the day off and took my kid out to a indoor playground all day.
Feb 6, 2017 4:24 pm
coolio. :) no worries.
Feb 8, 2017 6:15 pm
would any of us know what a jedi is? would we have to roll or something? a lightsaber is pretty distinctive..
Feb 8, 2017 6:25 pm
For people who seen them in the movies yeah but in game if you've never seen or learned about it... those are the guys who read minds and can melt your face right? In all seriousness Acaatha might know... what she shares or how she phrases it, they could be mystic warriors or deadly assassins that wield dark arts.
Feb 8, 2017 7:42 pm
and mala's a bit older so she was alive and aware during the clone wars. I think she would at least know that those were lightsabers and the jedi are all extinct
Feb 8, 2017 7:45 pm
works for me -- it's been ~20 years since Order 66. If Mala's in her 40s (as an example) she'd easily have memory of the Jedi. It might be biased by the Core Worlds propaganda that Palpatine and the New Order have been peddling, but she'd know of the Jedi and lightsabers.
Feb 8, 2017 7:51 pm
so Mala was 16 when order 66 was issued. she would probably believe that the jedi were good at one point, but turned on the government (probably because of her experiences as an alien at the hands of the empire, she might thing that turning on the emperor was an act of goodness as well) but probably convinced that the jedi were extinct. sound good? I don't want to meta game...
Feb 8, 2017 7:59 pm
all good to me.
Feb 8, 2017 8:26 pm
I heard they can read your mind and melt your face... just sayin'
Feb 9, 2017 6:17 pm
As it will help make an upgrade choice: how do we define "sessions" for the purpose of "once per session" abilities?
Feb 9, 2017 8:42 pm
man, I already love dosing people with stims... our next combat is going to be awesome!
Feb 9, 2017 9:30 pm
You know Lin's stuff is still on the ship... Just saying...
Feb 10, 2017 11:44 am
Remnant says:
You know Lin's stuff is still on the ship... Just saying...
dibs on the leather jacket!!!
Feb 10, 2017 2:30 pm
Bet, I get the rest of that bottle of whiskey... you think you can make a launcher for his dirty socks? They're pretty solid if that helps.
Feb 11, 2017 3:43 am
Candi - I usually consider a 'session' about a month of gameplay. If we find an ability is too powerful with that, we'll extend the duration somewhat.
Feb 14, 2017 1:45 pm
I like where this is going btw. x3
Feb 15, 2017 5:10 pm
It is fun.

Sorry super busy yesterday.
Feb 15, 2017 5:37 pm
No worries. On a side note:
So what's everyone favorite grilled vegetable Fuzil has grilled up after marinating that tasted delicious but smelt horrific while grilling?
Feb 15, 2017 5:48 pm
rishi corn!
Feb 15, 2017 5:50 pm
Jackfruit is pretty foul smelling.
Feb 15, 2017 6:33 pm
I kind of liked the one what looked like it had eyes but tasted like cheese and rice with bacon... it was a little gummy though...
Feb 18, 2017 2:24 pm
Hey folks - I'm off from today to Friday 2/24 skiing in Oregon. As a result posts may be slow or non-existent depending on family time.
Feb 20, 2017 4:52 pm
the part that really stings is that Mala did have a medical license but the empire basically revoked it because she's an alien
Feb 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Xenia is all about non-human rights. Boo Empire... Boo!
Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm
we need to have a scene where some of us get drunk in a cantina and bitch about the empire
Feb 21, 2017 1:32 am
Fuzil would complain about how the food quality went down hill in Empire controlled areas.

I hear you. My family time this went and today was taking care of my kid and my sick wife. She is better now so if it is not busy at work tomorrow I should be posting more.
Feb 21, 2017 1:40 am
I want to make it canon that Fuzil also has a copy of "50,000 Dishes On This Side of the Galaxy You Must Eat Before You Die".

So if at some point I would find it hilarious if Xenia and him order a plate and says "number 22,582" and the other one's eyes widen realizing they know what they meant.

:)
Feb 23, 2017 3:20 pm
I was planning on it a while back (and asked about 1/ session timing) but never actually did it, so before we jump into trouble I just spent 20 XP on a new talent:

Now You See Me
Once per session, as an action, make a 3P Deception check to make a number of NPCs equal to your Cunning within medium range forget about you.

Wish I had that when I was trying to steal the cube... :P
Feb 23, 2017 6:30 pm
We have xp? 😂
Feb 23, 2017 6:40 pm
*Gets out glasses* 8|

I think you should have around 80 xp since we started I think?
Feb 23, 2017 7:36 pm
I haven't done anything with my xp yet...
Feb 25, 2017 12:32 am
Back at home from the skiing thing. Getting caught up and rolling forward again. This will happen again in April when I go skiing for the last time of the season. :)
Feb 27, 2017 7:28 pm
Hey folks -- Lin's player is back from the dead, and I have some ideas. Any concerns with bringing him back in?

My one thought is that this gives us two pilot-focused people. I think I can figure out how to turn Akhrirar into Commodore Akhrirar with /two/ ships in the LLC. Not like the second one would be all that crazy, but it might give us more opportunity for hijinks.
Feb 27, 2017 7:41 pm
Do I smell Rescue mission? What if it's not a bounty to take him for execution but a marriage arrangementhe bailed on? It might be because of someone mentioning an Transformers RPG but would the ships be able to couple and combine for flight? What are everyone else's thoughts? Also new pilot's thoughts?
Feb 27, 2017 8:35 pm
Is Lin gonna steal another ship?
Feb 27, 2017 8:36 pm
I want one with a fancy kitchen.
Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm
"Fancy Kitchen? Fuzil has his own garden, we have an oven, deep fryer, and a frig. Plus a coffee machine we never use... I think it's for coffee.. What more do you want?"
Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Lin!
Feb 27, 2017 9:35 pm
Only one fridge?? Why are we living like animals?
Feb 27, 2017 9:40 pm
"We don't talk about the old fridge..."

Akhrirar gets the 1000 yard stare.
Feb 28, 2017 2:49 am
Hey all! Very happy to to rejoin this particular group :D
Feb 28, 2017 1:00 pm
LIN!!!!! ...... aaaaaaah i see you have no pants again....
Feb 28, 2017 1:17 pm
I look up briefly from the console. He's not wearing pants? Can't really tell.
Feb 28, 2017 2:23 pm
"Have you not looked at the pilot seat? It's got his butt print on in literally..."
Feb 28, 2017 2:25 pm
"WHAT?! These count! They're dungarees!" Lin is wearing the shortest short shorts you've ever seen. They are practically a jeans thong.
Last edited February 28, 2017 2:26 pm
Feb 28, 2017 2:35 pm
Hey folks -- I've made a subforum or two and tried to lock 'em down from prying eyes. Can anyone let me know if they can see 'em?
Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm
falryx says:
Hey folks -- I've made a subforum or two and tried to lock 'em down from prying eyes. Can anyone let me know if they can see 'em?
I can only see the standard 12 in the main forum area, subforum shows up on top right?
Feb 28, 2017 2:42 pm
Yup! Thanks! Means I've done something right.
Feb 28, 2017 11:02 pm
So i thought i was asked to stay behind so i dont know if anyone else was going to go with.
Mar 5, 2017 9:55 pm
Lol someone has the same idea i did from our very first encounter.
Last edited March 5, 2017 9:55 pm
Mar 6, 2017 9:10 pm
Spill soup on them? Always learnin' ;)
Mar 6, 2017 9:48 pm
That first mark we got i ran around with stew hoping to spill it on the floor or on someone... nooope just ate it 😂
Mar 7, 2017 2:12 pm
That's why Acaatha asked for mostly broth, no temptation.. or maybe all the talk of noodles made her hungry. We'll see I guess :P
Mar 9, 2017 3:19 am
Sorry for the delay - work travel monday + tuesday (plus no wifi in the hotel) and I caught the plague AND work has at least 3 crises going on at the moment. I'd like to get an update tonight, but I'm going to glug some nyquil and hit the sack instead. fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Worst case scenario I'll be back among the living on Monday (i'm crash coursing to get well because I'm skiing Sun Valley Saturday and Sunday unless I'm throwing up or have lost a limb).
Mar 9, 2017 12:38 pm
No rush. Get better man. I just got over mine.
Mar 14, 2017 4:17 am
Will update on 3/14 -- time for me to get my hind end in bed.
Mar 18, 2017 6:23 pm
Sorry on the hold up, squeaked a roll in for ya.
Mar 20, 2017 7:52 pm
Thanks! no worries. was a crazy week last week.
Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm
All: work travel this week. all day meetings Tuesday and Thursday and a BUNCH of meetings Wednesday. So potential update days are Wednesday and Friday for me this week, sorry for the slow down.
Apr 3, 2017 2:03 am
Are Fuzil and I there at the meeting or are we still too busy noshing?
Apr 3, 2017 8:35 pm
You all gathered together. I'm assuming Mala or Acaatha - one of the responsible ones - rounded you up.
Apr 3, 2017 9:23 pm
Acaatha certainly gave Fuzil her empty soup cup as a memento, with a wink, "The soup here really is something special."
Apr 4, 2017 6:20 pm
mala is the negotiator?
Apr 4, 2017 6:47 pm
Mala has Negotiation and Charm with a decent Presense member? Green Mamba usually gets jobs for us based on our reputation so far...
Apr 5, 2017 3:39 pm
hey all

I will be going on vacation for the next two weeks. I'm taking my family to the United Kingdom.

I will have access to wifi on some days, but being vacation, I don't know how much down time I'll have.

I leave the 7th, return on the 23rd.
Apr 25, 2017 7:24 pm
All,

Sorry I've been slow lately. I wound up tearing my ACL on my ski trip and dealing with surgeons, trying to get my flexibility back and handling the return-from-vacation workload has occupied a lot of my time. Then, come evening, I've been kind of exhausted due to the extra work to get my knee into pre-surgery state so I've been crashing early.

I'll try and pick things up -- but I've not forgotten about y'all! I'm just operating at less than 100% and so being a little vicious with my prioritization.
Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm
Wow i will be forst to say take your time and get better. This is not a priority
May 3, 2017 3:35 am
Ok! Current status:

1. lots of PT
2. lots of work stress
3. a cold.
4. not sleeping well (due to stress, cold and knee)
5. oh yah! my knee is still horked!

I don't foresee this getting cleaner time-wise 'til June. But if y'all can bear with me I'll move us along hopefully at least a couple times a week. Some weeks will be better than others.
May 3, 2017 4:31 am
Rest up, hope your health and work conditions improve soon!
May 3, 2017 10:31 pm
Yeah it's been super busy at work for me.
May 3, 2017 10:42 pm
I'm in this shit for the long haul. do what you can
May 9, 2017 2:30 pm
I have to take my laptop in for repair, keyboard's been acting up, so I may be slower (than usual) for a week while I am restricted to my phone and work computer.
May 10, 2017 9:14 pm
Thanks all -- quick heads up that surgery is the 16th. I'm hopeful I'll be able to be more active during recovery/rest when I'm meant to be off work and keeping myself busy with /other/ stuff. I'm sure some of it will be a medically induced stupor from pain meds, but hopefully not for long.

So: fits and starts 'til 5/17. Hopefully more normal on 5/17. After 5/31, I'm back to work and start a new job on 6/5 so some potential wobbly bits 'round then.
May 11, 2017 1:37 pm
No worries man, good luck and wishes for a speedy recovery. I totally understand and the games will be here when you get back and lucid.
Jun 4, 2017 5:45 pm
Remnant will see this a couple times (as will darth -- and probably others!). I underestimated the mental energy required to sit around and do basically nothing for two weeks. Apologies! I'm back at work now (as of Thursday) and life is conforming to a more standard set of principles/schedules so I should be able to get back into things.

For those that are curious, surgery went well and the healing process seems to be going well. Despite all that, it's pretty amazing that I was as out of it as I was (and that's not with the painkillers!). I hope things aren't hurky-jerky with me returning.. but fair warning that I've been away from work for a bit /and/ starting a new gig there /and/ have PT three days a week. So -- some of my spare time is consumed.

oh, and I recently got a Rift. ;)

So.. you know.
Jun 5, 2017 1:00 pm
Well glad you are back and sorta better? 😂

I snapped my finger tip tendon on mothers day so now i have to wear a splint for 6 weeks in hopes hit will heal. Only hing is it doesnt hurt.
Jun 5, 2017 2:41 pm
Wait so Savage Rifts? or something else? Discussions.
Jun 6, 2017 3:03 pm
I thought he meant an Oculus Rift...
Jun 7, 2017 3:46 am
Oculus Rift, indeed. VR-mania! I'm living in the FUUUTURE!
Jun 19, 2017 2:39 pm
Hey -- checking in.

I think:

- Remnant, present
- darth - a bit busy (given other info I have) but present
- moofsalot - has new offspring (yay!) and thus is more than fully engaged for a bit!
- KJ - you around sir?
- Candi - you around, sir?

if you're around, just not really into this part of things, i'll hit the fast-forward button. If you're not around and/or we should pause a bit to give people time to get lives back in balance, we can do that. :)

-t
Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm
But there's a speeder race to cheat at and steal parts at win... Hilarity would ensue.
Jun 19, 2017 3:12 pm
falryx says:

- Candi - you around, sir?
I just got home from Origins, and submitted my thesis for Defence. Things had been a bit chaotic up until this morning. So I am now, and I'm also cool for a fast-forward through this part.
Jun 19, 2017 5:54 pm
oh -- i think the speeder race to cheat at is important! hopefully moofs will be back amongst us soon to participate. Failing that we may have to draft Acaatha. ;)
Jun 19, 2017 8:42 pm
Could we side mission figuring out getting entry and parts to build a speeder until she's free ya think?
Jun 19, 2017 10:54 pm
Fer sure -- think there's some good value in gathering intel which we can do beforehand.
Jun 20, 2017 12:04 pm
I'm around! No baby yet but it could be any day now.
Jun 21, 2017 11:54 am
I am still around just got hammered at work and then my nights and weekend was busy.
Jun 21, 2017 1:02 pm
oh at work... I misread and got a little jealous reading it out of context... maybe not of the sleep schedule.
Jun 23, 2017 6:44 am
I'm around.. sorry guys.. I keep telling myself I'll check the site at night but then I end up doing other things...
Jun 23, 2017 4:00 pm
Lol im the same way. Oh i will check it tonight... 4days later 😂
Jun 26, 2017 5:06 am
Understood -- I've gotten busier lately too -- a new puppy means that I have less time around the computer at the end of the day than I normally do -- because either me or my wife need to keep an eye on him (and he still manages to pee inside). I don't mind the slowly cadence if y'all are fine with it.
Jul 11, 2017 2:29 pm
Just a heads up I'll be out of state from the 20th to the 23rd in Chicago, IL so I'll likely won't be posting.
Jul 18, 2017 4:15 am
All -- sorry for the slower pace this summer. Unfortunately with the nicer weather here in the Pacific Northwest, we tend to spend a bunch of time outside until it's nearly dark -- which turns into "I should get to bed" pretty promptly. During the week I also am juggling knee-related rehab three days a week that eats up a couple hours, the other days I need to be on the bike -- so I'm chewing into my free time with this "exercise" crud. Net net -- the games will be a bit slower until the kids start school in September, but I'll keep the posting up!
Jul 18, 2017 3:33 pm
That is ok I have been busy myself and not getting on as much as I like to.
Jul 21, 2017 1:08 am
Well our new director just outlawed phones and ear buds at our desk. This means my post will be very few and sparse. I don't wanna quit but I will be only be able to post at night.

So if ok to post for me if you need my character to do something if you want me to stay and in not posting.
Jul 22, 2017 2:18 am
Kjmagle says:
Well our new director just outlawed phones and ear buds at our desk. This means my post will be very few and sparse. I don't wanna quit but I will be only be able to post at night.

So if ok to post for me if you need my character to do something if you want me to stay and in not posting.
Boooo, that sucks!
Jul 27, 2017 5:58 pm
Boo+1!

That said, things have been slow -- and it's definitely my fault. Hopefully y'all don't mind a quieter summer pace. I've been surprised at how little I've been doing this summer, period. :) I'm making this work only because I've got my Surface in at work and finding a few spare minutes here and there. :)

Will update later today -- for now it's off to meetings.
Aug 13, 2017 3:06 pm
Checking in.

Sorry I've been really lax here. I've been crazy busy at work and post work have not had the free time to sit at the computer minus the occasional hour or two on the weekends. It hasn't been conducive to conducting or participating in campaigns.

I think we've lost Darth to real life.

So I think that has us with:

Moofsalot,
Kjmangle,
Remnant,
Candi

I can work this -- or we can hold tight and recruit some replacement(s) this fall? Any strong opinions?
Aug 14, 2017 12:46 am
No strong opinions, just glad to have you back! Hope things have slowed down to manageable levels. :)
Aug 14, 2017 1:20 pm
Works for me, I'll be out of state starting Wednesday until next week. Pokeme if we get started again and I don't post.
Aug 16, 2017 4:20 am
I know KJ's around and just a lighter poster. We'll poke around the edges after labor day and see how we're feeling. Perhaps I'll figure out how to squish the two star wars games together somewhat...
Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm
Tup i am still here. Im not dropping. :)
Sep 1, 2017 3:33 am
Just a quick re-ping. How are we looking?
Sep 1, 2017 1:28 pm
Fresh to death like a mint in a cemetery. *puts on shades and pops collar*
Sep 1, 2017 4:56 pm
I look freakin' fantastic.
Sep 6, 2017 3:05 am
Hm. Ok.

We're down to you three. I'd prefer another 1-2. Perhaps I can entice Szemely and Abelsbrother to come join the fun?

Remnant - if we went that route, are you ok dropping Heyop for a bit?

Alternately, we can connect Moofs and KJ with the jedi types somehow and follow that storyline.
Sep 6, 2017 3:06 am
...I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not likely to keep two star wars games going at the moment, so it might be better to merge the two. :)
Sep 6, 2017 1:40 pm
I think even with one game some people will likely only have time to post once or twice a week due to timing in truth. I'm fine with dropping Heyop I guess but in truth I figure regardless of what we do for consolidation the absences and slow posting is likely to continue or get longer apart.
Sep 6, 2017 3:57 pm
Indeed. Option #3, of course, is to dial the game down and let you guys spend your time else-game.

I suppose option #4 is to recruit new blood (again). But I feel like there's only so many people we can drag in as remote acquaintances or aligned interested before we start to strain even my ability to suspend disbelief. ;)
Sep 6, 2017 4:14 pm
What, everyone's got secret lovers and distant cousins that come out of the woodwork. Happens alllll the time!
Sep 6, 2017 4:46 pm
Between the two characters I do agree Heyop's at a good breaking point for story. I'm up for Green Mamba hijinx but I'm coming with the understanding we might be waiting a week or so for someone to post even with 5-6 people.
Sep 7, 2017 1:27 am
yah. i'm okay not waiting for a week for someone to post and either gently seguing them away or finding a way for them to sit in the background. I get that KJ's limitations cut him down to a couple times a week, and I think we can work with that. I'll poke Csillag OOB (since she left the FAD game to tidy up her forae) and will poke Abel on the forums over yonder.

Ultimately it depends on whether y'all would like to have more merc-related hilarity or more jedi-related hilarity. Given the cast of characters, I'm guessing either path winds up being a little lighter weight in terms of dramatic flair. :)
Sep 21, 2017 4:16 am
Hey team -- I'm going to put this one on ice indefinitely. I don't have the time to keep as many games going as I should -- and since we've lost several people and some of the momentum, it makes sense for me to idle this one until I have more time. Right now I've got a couple Middle Earth campaigns running. When one or both of those wind up if people don't want to proceed I'll look to bring back a Star Wars campaign.

Of course, if I find myself with more time, I'll get something fired up again (and reach out to y'all) but for now, I think the best thing is to close up shop for a bit. I'll change the # of players down to 0 and boot our idles and let y'all close out when you're ready.
Sep 24, 2017 4:28 am
Thanks for running, falryx! Let me know if you're ready to bring this game back (or something similar) and I'll join back up.
Sep 25, 2017 8:15 pm
Ok thanks also. I was taking a quick peak to see where we are at.

I did enjoy this allot.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.