OOC chitchat

load previous
May 6, 2016 5:04 pm
Real quick on a couple of items:

I view the OOC thread as a place where any OOC-level interaction / meta conversation / etc. can take place. It's intended to be a one-stop shop for everything from "The Yankees Rule!" to a debate about game mechanics. I think further divvying up or strict enforcement actually likely diminishes the flow and feel of the group and the game rather than enhances it, so I'm disinclined to have strict rules in place.

On the plan to throw a speeder out. I'm not going to say 'no' because I prefer not to. That said, you're propose a very complicated action unless you have the support of the pilot. I've never thought about whether the cargo bay should be something that operates in a vacuum w/o an atmosphere. If so then I think the key thing you'd need is a space suit for yourself and a lucky roll. It's easily a daunting roll (4P) to do something like that, IMHO if not harder due to circumstances (e.g. evasive maneuvers). Assuming it takes you a maneuver to get to the bay and an action to suit up that would eat up a round. Then I'd demand a round to get the air out of the cargo bay unless you go 'explosive decompression'.

Hope that helps. :)
May 6, 2016 5:07 pm
I apologize I did not realize we were out in space already. I just took my to make it to the back of the ship.
May 6, 2016 5:09 pm
Kjmagle says:
I apologize I did not realize we were out in space already. I just took my to make it to the back of the ship.
Good point. Are we in space? I really want this to happen, lol!
May 6, 2016 5:16 pm
Yes -- y'all are in space. My assumption is that you're making best possible speed for hitting hyperspace distance. I figure you can go from ground to orbit in a space ship in about a round, especially if you're in a hurry (which you were).
May 6, 2016 5:21 pm
I again apologize. I just feel like i am being left behind because I can't post as much and sometimes things get missed when buried with post Like boosts that get assigned.

I also am not saying i dislike this style game. I am very amused by it. Just i am droopy the dog among a group of Road runners. Lol
Last edited May 6, 2016 5:22 pm
May 6, 2016 5:23 pm
Note that I mis-stated, we're also waiting on an action from Lin.

I think people do miss when boosts get assigned -- I try and catch it when I can. :) This is a challenge in all my PbP star wars games unless we slow down the cadence so much it feels too slow. Perhaps one day we can have a way within the dice roller to do it.
May 6, 2016 5:33 pm
Maybe instead of using advantages for boost we should jut use for story or regain strain. Advatage was my fall back to make a roll in hopes to help another with boost because it was easier that way.
Last edited May 6, 2016 5:33 pm
May 6, 2016 5:37 pm
It's your advantage to do with as you see fit! :)
May 6, 2016 5:41 pm
I should probably start using advantage to give myself boosts. the dice roller is an asshole
May 6, 2016 6:16 pm
For topic discussions on what KJmagle mentioned would it make more sense to put Banter in character creation? Also have a tag in a post in a different color for Boost/Setback Die assigned? Falryx can you move posts between threads or we just start at this point forward.
May 6, 2016 6:17 pm
we could put text regarding boosts/setbacks/light side flipping in a different color. makes it stand out
May 6, 2016 6:53 pm
Remnant says:
For topic discussions on what KJmagle mentioned would it make more sense to put Banter in character creation? Also have a tag in a post in a different color for Boost/Setback Die assigned? Falryx can you move posts between threads or we just start at this point forward.
Probably just make it a set point here forward. I can move threads, but not posts.
May 6, 2016 6:54 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
we could put text regarding boosts/setbacks/light side flipping in a different color. makes it stand out
This is a good idea.

BOOST

or

Boost

or

boost?

Maybe not blue since the OOC color is blue.
May 6, 2016 6:55 pm
I'd vote for red or green.
May 6, 2016 7:17 pm
Im fine with green
Last edited May 6, 2016 7:18 pm
May 6, 2016 7:54 pm
Boost & Setback?

New Green mamba color Yeeeeeeah.
Last edited May 6, 2016 8:01 pm
May 6, 2016 8:01 pm
Remnant says:
Boost & Setback?

New Green mamba color
Yes, yes, & ow
May 6, 2016 8:01 pm
Bright colors indicate danger. XD
May 6, 2016 8:05 pm
Also i am going to upper Wisconsin this weekend and the internet is iffy. So i will post when i can and have a singal. This the Only game im currently active in.
May 6, 2016 8:08 pm
Where you headed? I live in Madison, WI.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.