OOC chitchat

load previous
Jun 3, 2016 8:28 pm
so 600 credits each?
Jun 3, 2016 8:29 pm
minus IOUs
Jun 3, 2016 9:33 pm
What are the IOUs, and those should come out of the pot before splitting (so 50% to corporate fund and then IOUs from that? or IOUs from the 3k, then the remainder is divided).
Jun 3, 2016 9:46 pm
If you say want say Super Fancy widget that cost 800 but you only have 500 we talk it over and the difference comes out the kitty and you pay it back after the next job. Or if people didn't have enough to chip in for dock fee's people get the money loans out back.

I think Totz and Lin were short for docking fees. IOU would come out of the person's cut.
Last edited June 3, 2016 9:46 pm
Jun 3, 2016 10:00 pm
Right, but I mean, what about those of us who used pocket change to pay for the docking fee? Aren't we owed by the corporate fund?
Jun 3, 2016 10:13 pm
note that 50% for the corporate kitty may or may not be enough to cover your costs.

I suppose you could interpret the docking fees contribution as an IOU from the corp to the person.
Jun 3, 2016 10:13 pm
...you guys need a Hutt accountant NPC... ;)
Jun 3, 2016 11:10 pm
like hell we do. I say we go with the Wookie. nobody argues with a wookie accountant
Jun 3, 2016 11:44 pm
Candi says:
Right, but I mean, what about those of us who used pocket change to pay for the docking fee? Aren't we owed by the corporate fund?
Yes to this sorry misread it I guess.
Jun 4, 2016 12:12 am
I get my 25 credits back!
Jun 4, 2016 12:49 am
Yep, Mala and Acatha get your money back and Tots and Lin get their payout minus what they couldn't pay for Docking Fees before (-20 for whichever one of you had 5 credits and -25 for the baller on a budget that didn't have any money left.)
Jun 5, 2016 2:07 pm
Ok. Assuming 50% into the Corporate fund then equal dispersion.
Jun 5, 2016 2:41 pm
...you may want to have it be:

(1) pay for ship supplies/fuel
(2) pay for ship IOUs
(3) then split the the money: 50% ship, 50% crew
(4) then pay for ship repairs (if any)
(5) then pay for ship capital improvements (if any)
(6) then deposit into ship account for later

Or perhaps you might want (4) ahead of (3). Right now I did:

(i) pay ship IOUs
(ii) then split the the money: 50% ship, 50% crew
(iii) pay for ship supplies/fuel
(iv) then pay for ship repairs (if any)
(v) then pay for ship capital improvements (if any)
(vi) then deposit into ship account for later

Let me know which formula works best for y'all. Keep in mind you've got ~4,000 credits of materials you need to affect repairs to your hull damage. In the first example, you're more likely to keep the ship working but be individually strapped for cash. In the latter one, you're more likely to have spending money, but the ship may fall apart. :)

Generally, btw, the idea is to keep you guys living at the edge somewhat, rather than enabling you to build up some kind of massive criminal empire (unless there's a crazy big job..).
Jun 5, 2016 2:55 pm
we may not be able to afford to repair the hull until the next job
Jun 5, 2016 3:08 pm
At this point, you cannot afford to repair the hull fully. That's correct. If you did it before splitting out credits, you could. But then your split would be something like 125 credits each.
Jun 5, 2016 3:11 pm
hmm, it might be better to cover all the ship costs first before divvying up what's left. it's more important to have a well functioning ship in case we run across trouble than to have extra spending money. that's my $0.02
Jun 5, 2016 3:14 pm
hrm. I take that back.

With 840 + 3000 split you're short about 160 credits from being able to fully repair. But you could get to 24/25.
Jun 6, 2016 1:34 pm
Lin will donate 500 to repair the Hull Trauma. He wants a working ship.
Jun 6, 2016 1:55 pm
I'd agree we should figure we want everything full up on the ship before we take out equity from the funds to use for capital on a wish list if we have personal funds for items. Also we'd have to line up a buy if it's something really hard to find as well.
Last edited June 6, 2016 1:55 pm
Jun 6, 2016 5:27 pm
Sorry busy today will post hopefully tonight
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.