OOC chitchat

load previous
Nov 14, 2016 8:21 pm
Things are going to turn interesting:-)
Nov 14, 2016 8:34 pm
Does this system support "readied" actions? I want to use misdirect to make fuzil invisible to jubba as he leaves that room, but as I understand the power i need to be able to see the target object (Fuzil) and be within close range of the victim (Jubba).
Nov 14, 2016 8:54 pm
I was hoping th ship would crash through the room we are at
Nov 14, 2016 8:56 pm
Could I potentially blast some holes in walls first?
Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm
What can go wrong with that? Lol
Nov 14, 2016 9:22 pm
Candi -- I've looked around for 'readied' actions in the rules previously and haven't found anything in RAW. Let me look into it. That said, I'd probably delay adding any home brew (if that's what it'd take) until a 'session boundary' in order to keep things consistent from session to session. It's a slightly arbitrary thing, but I don't want to change the rules mid-step on peeps.
Nov 14, 2016 9:35 pm
Following up -- in my research, everyone is kind anti "readying actions" in the forums with regards to RAW. Rather what should happen, in theory, is shaping how long a round is (and therefore how far you can maneuver, etc.). That works when I control the other side - but with players in both camps it's hard.

As an example -- Akhrirar had a lightsaber up against him. In theory when he moved, the wielder should have had an attack of opportunity ( in D&D terms ). But that's just crunchier than FFG is meant to be. End result -- no. No readying actions at this point, we've got to stay stuck with pretty tight initiative for now because of the construct of players v. players.
Nov 14, 2016 9:58 pm
Moofsalot says:
Could I potentially blast some holes in walls first?
Due to the size and way the ship is I think you'd have to have the ship on hover and run to the guns and run back when you wanted to move.
Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm
Right-o. And I can't wait for Fuzil to "finish" his turn since we're on the same block (or do I technically have to go first)?
Nov 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Strictly speaking, because we're in forced initiative you have to go first. In RAW against NPCs you could take a later slot. I was worried that the standard initiative system would be Really Weird to coordinate between two sets of PCs.
Nov 14, 2016 10:32 pm
@moofs -- it's unclear to me what kind of controls you'd have for the weapons up front. probably not many/any -- as it's designed to be a multi-crew ship.
Nov 14, 2016 10:34 pm
(Y)
Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am
That's my thong...
Nov 15, 2016 1:45 am
Alrighty, the slammy method it is.
Nov 15, 2016 4:21 am
What's an SB?
Nov 15, 2016 12:37 pm
Set Back -- it's the black die. It's some blank sides and some bad stuff sides.
Nov 15, 2016 4:03 pm
Im pretty sure my turn woukd to be get the case open and grab the cube. I think i am stuck at the location until next round.
Nov 15, 2016 10:57 pm
Sorry for the delay -- last night I managed to chop into my right thumb and got to spend a couple hours in the ER. I should have more normal use back later tonight once I take off this silly bandage.
Nov 16, 2016 12:57 am
Get better soon! I can see the white meat isn't something people should say. (White Meat = Bone)
Nov 16, 2016 2:29 am
Lol we have all done this i think
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.