IC: Chapter I - Leiknir Manor

load previous
Aug 13, 2020 11:41 pm
Continuing to flank the woman so as to gain clear line of sight, Finrod realized they were standing on the edge of the knife. Action must be taken, and Finrod went with his gut, augmented by Astrid's actions...
OOC:
ok Finrod is about to loose an arrow. Only way to be truly free from a curse, right?

But first, a boost to Astrid's Intimidation!
If unsuccessful, my next post will be an attack.
Last edited August 13, 2020 11:43 pm
Aug 13, 2020 11:56 pm
OOC:
Ok! She will have cover unless the Intimidation is successful.

Giblets, since this kicked over to a new page, wanted to reiterate cuz it could easily be missed - please give me an Intimidation roll, for the attempt to separate them with the arrow shot.
Aug 14, 2020 3:37 am
OOC:
Such a lovely position. You just gotta love it.
Aug 14, 2020 8:11 am
Teeth bared in a snarl, Astrid will immediately draw another arrow and string it, waiting to see if her threats have any effect.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Aug 14, 2020 2:38 pm
OOC:
Narrative pending roll...
The woman is clearly wounded, and her face is pained with dismay, as she sees her assailant loose an arrow at her, despite her close proximity to their ally... she releases her grasp on Caranthiel and staggers a few steps away!
OOC:
Finrod take your shot!

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Aug 14, 2020 3:29 pm
WHAT ARE YOU DOING CAN YOU NOT SEE SHE'S HURT?
OOC:
Shadow points lol, wait no, which bit is the RP? 😁
Aug 14, 2020 3:43 pm
OOC:
Ha! I appreciate that, Ned.

Sorry this bit has dragged on... Really just had to keep it in initiative, cuz of the importance of every action/the ways in which each action could change the outcome.
Aug 14, 2020 4:16 pm
OOC:
No big its PbP thats its nature right? XD
Aug 15, 2020 2:35 am
"There," Finrod sees his opening, the Cursed will know the mercy that is a curse repealed. Finrod let the pinch on his arrow relax...
OOC:
bow attack is +5, for what it's worth.
How might an advantage roll might be obtained in this case?
Last edited August 15, 2020 2:36 am

Rolls

Bow attack, damage roll if nec - (1d20, 1d6+3)

1d20 : (4) = 4

1d6+3 : (5) + 3 = 8

Aug 17, 2020 5:25 pm
OOC:
Advantage on attacks could come from something like higher ground, or attacking an unaware enemy, or a "held" enemy. Stuff like that. For your sneak attack though, all you need is an ally in melee (threatening) with them.
The arrow flies wide, and the woman shrieks in terror and woe, sounding as though she's been taken by a madness...

She takes off running, moving past Caranthiel and Winfred, sprinting through the manor gates and out of immediate view...
OOC:
Alright, so, Winfred doesn't have a melee weapon out and so gets no Opportunity Attack.

This is the last round of being Stunned for Vidar and Caranthiel, but they still cannot move or take action. They just kind of stand there, mouths agape, watching everything transpire.

Astrid and Finrod must both double move just to keep up with her, OR you can make a DC 15 Athletics check in combination with a basic move, to scale the wall, which would leave you with an Action to attack, if you wanted.

Winfred is closest to her, and would only require a move to be engaged with the woman, which would leave her an action for whatever, but she also has two burning arrows in her hand.

Anyone can go: Astrid, Finrod, Winfred!
Aug 17, 2020 5:53 pm
OOC:
i could totally slap the girl & improv weapon, I wouldn't but could ;)

So seeing this go down, lets try and tackle the neked girl. I'll drop 1 of the arrows to have a free hand for the grapple.
Winfred closes the gap "Wait there a moment young lady." she stays sternly as she tries to grab hold of her.
OOC:
Come on! GOOD Roll!

Rolls

Grapple - (1d20-1)

(8) - 1 = 7

Aug 17, 2020 8:05 pm
OOC:
Rolling contested grapple...

Heh, a good attempt but she slipped by!
The woman screams madder and madder as Winfred tries to drag her to the ground, but she continues running!

Rolls

STR Athletics - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Aug 17, 2020 8:20 pm
Caranthiel even turn a tinch as tried to follow and save her. Blink Blink
Aug 17, 2020 9:48 pm
OOC:
/rip str XD I tried gg.
Aug 17, 2020 10:58 pm
With a sigh, Astrid will spin and rush to follow her as best she can, releasing the tension on her bow string.
The terror displayed has her beginning to doubt her own conviction that this woman lied...
"Stop! Let us talk!"
OOC:
Astrid is using her action to just follow and not making any attack or threatening move, more just seeing where she goes.
Aug 18, 2020 4:33 am
OOC:
Double move to keep up, help Astrid.
Aug 18, 2020 4:05 pm
https://i.imgur.com/T4DohPB.png
The woman dashes into the black shadows of the western room of the main structure, tears streaming down her face...
OOC:
She went into building A. left/west side room.

Astrid, Finrod and Winfred are all right there, maybe 20 ft outside of that door.

Caranthiel and Vidar, you both come out of a shocked and stunned confusion that left you just completely address for the past few rounds. You can hear the commotion in the manor walls...

Rolls

A die clatters behind the screen...

Aug 18, 2020 4:16 pm
Caranthiel is in a full run with nothing but thoughts to save her.
Aug 19, 2020 1:04 pm
Yup Vidar will follow Caranthiel, double move. Still carrying the burning torch though.
OOC:
Presumably we're not Charmed and so when we see what's going on again now we can go "holy shit she's evil" etc?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.