OOC Discussion

load previous
Aug 30, 2016 12:39 pm
I haven't really done very much with this new action economy, but it seems a bit too "overly complicated by trying to simplify" for my tastes.

Doesn't matter to me either way, but if I have to choose, I choose the old action economy.
Aug 30, 2016 7:58 pm
Heh, I'm being reminded of why I never liked playing low level casters in 3e (and apparently, Pathfinder). It can be exciting later on, but for now, I'm more useful with my crossbow than my spells. Once I get the ability to deliver touch spells through my raven, things will be better.
Aug 30, 2016 8:23 pm
Keleth says:
Heh, I'm being reminded of why I never liked playing low level casters in 3e (and apparently, Pathfinder). It can be exciting later on, but for now, I'm more useful with my crossbow than my spells. Once I get the ability to deliver touch spells through my raven, things will be better.
That's why I love taking Craft (Alchemy) with any caster I can make it make sense with. Buying Alchemist's Fire gets expensive after a while...crafting it is a LOT cheaper...and really builds up that utility
Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Maybe Malik should purchase some alchemical weapons from Archibald?
Aug 30, 2016 8:33 pm
Keleth says:
This is one of the things that I like about 5e over Pathfinder. Spellcasters keep using spells rather than resort to the old crossbow.
Aug 30, 2016 9:06 pm
Naatkinson says:
Yah, I'm trying to hold true to my character (someone who doesn't want to fight, trying to stay more support), but I may slide and get some potions or what not. It will be expensive, heh.
Aug 30, 2016 9:08 pm
Keleth says:
Naatkinson says:
Yah, I'm trying to hold true to my character (someone who doesn't want to fight, trying to stay more support), but I may slide and get some potions or what not. It will be expensive, heh.
Nah, I'll cut you a deal. Buy one for the price of two, get a second one free!
Aug 30, 2016 10:11 pm
Something about that deal seems fishy...
Sep 3, 2016 5:55 pm
So it looks like you're letting me mount Arkos in these narrow hallways. Will you let me wield a lance though?
Sep 3, 2016 6:07 pm
Arktos is suffering from the squeezing rules right now, and you will too if you mount him. Other than that, I don't care :-)
Sep 3, 2016 6:08 pm
-4 to melee attacks, right?
Sep 4, 2016 6:14 am
Quote:
Squeezing

In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn't as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.

When a Large creature (which normally takes up 4 squares) squeezes into a space that's 1 square wide, the creature's miniature figure occupies 2 squares, centered on the line between the 2 squares. For a bigger creature, center the creature likewise in the area it squeezes into.

A creature can squeeze past a creature while moving but it can't end its movement in an occupied square.

To squeeze through or into a space less than half your space's width, you must use the Escape Artist skill. You can't attack while using Escape Artist to squeeze through or into a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty to AC, and you lose any Dexterity bonus to AC.
Sep 6, 2016 5:37 pm
Does the action economy allow me to break down the door, then charge in and attack once? Or how about I have Arktos break the door down and step aside, then I charge in and attack?
Sep 6, 2016 5:39 pm
Break down door: 1 action
Move to be adjacent with them: 1 actions
Attack: 1 action

Yep, sounds good to me!
Sep 6, 2016 5:44 pm
I'm thinking a charge instead of a simple move. Still doable?
Sep 6, 2016 6:16 pm
Charging is two actions, so it can still be done that way, but you have to be able to move at least 10 feet to benefit from it.
Sep 6, 2016 6:47 pm
Naatkinson says:
Inside the small room
Enough room for a charge?
Sep 6, 2016 6:48 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Inside the small room
Enough room for a charge?
Sure, why not? We'll say he's against the back wall :)
Sep 12, 2016 5:06 pm
Why is Urthask pulling his punches again? Tsuto is Ameiko's brother, right?
Sep 12, 2016 5:07 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Why is Urthask pulling his punches again? Tsuto is Ameiko's brother, right?
You are correct, sir!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.