OOC Discussion

Mar 9, 2016 3:08 pm
For any OOC chatter
Mar 9, 2016 9:49 pm
I'm half-tempted to use the revised "Unchained Action Economy" from the Pathfinder Unchained book. It's a much less clunky system.

A quote describing it:
OOC:
The default action economy is intricate—full of exceptions, nonactions, and strange actions. This revised action economy streamlines the process of combat encounters. In many ways, it's a more active system that allows lower-level characters more options in a round while slightly limiting how much higher-level characters can do during their turns.

In this system, a character can commit up to 3 acts on her turn; these can be committed individually as simple actions, or combined into advanced actions. When it's not her turn, a character can take a single reaction per round. Iterative attacks have been discarded in this action economy. Instead, any character can make multiple attacks during her turn simply by taking multiple actions to do so.
It's pretty simple, more balanced, and fixes one of my main problems with PF: Low level characters have too few options in a round while high-level characters have too many.
Mar 9, 2016 11:25 pm
Moving this question here lol

How does that effect things like free and swift actions? Like, if you normally would be able to perform an action for free, would you still be able to do so in the unchained action economy?
Mar 9, 2016 11:26 pm
Free actions are always free and (unless otherwise noted) swift actions take one action.
Mar 9, 2016 11:34 pm
Gotcha, gotcha. Sounds good to me!
Mar 9, 2016 11:40 pm
Also thinking of using the variant "Automatic Bonus Progression" rules.

Anyone who's played PF before knows that there are a lot of items that have no flavor, but are nonetheless required items to be able to tackle high level content (+Strength belts for a fighter, +intelligence Headband for a wizard). This rule eliminates flat bonuses on equipment and instead builds it right into your character. Makes you less reliant on items for your power, and makes magic items less obligatory.
Mar 10, 2016 12:51 am
Fair warning to all, my normal games don't worry too much about OOC discussion within a game... I am likely to mess up here or there on which board I'm properly posting to.
Mar 10, 2016 12:53 am
There is an OOC tag above the chat box, for if you have OOC questions or anything that you want to bring attention to
OOC:
Like this!
Mar 10, 2016 12:59 am
Also, you hit the Advanced button, you can add rolls to your post.

Rolls

Like so! - (1d1000)

(422) = 422

Also, adding multiple rolls with commas - (1d20+4, 1d12+2)

1d20+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

1d12+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Mar 10, 2016 10:54 pm
interesting, I didn't know about multiple rolls on one line...

I always just added more roles to the post
Mar 10, 2016 11:04 pm
I didn't think I would be, but I'm getting very excited to run this game :)
Switched from Pathfinder to D&D 5e over a year ago and hadn't looked back, but this looks like it's gonna be fun!
Mar 14, 2016 7:48 pm
Is Encumbrance going to come into play? I hope not! LOL!
Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Is Encumbrance going to come into play? I hope not! LOL!
So long as you don't get ridiculous with it, I usually ignore it completely. Just don't be carrying 5 swords, 2 axes, and 4 longbows and we'll be good
Mar 14, 2016 8:35 pm
Naatkinson says:
Just don't be carrying 5 swords, 2 axes, and 4 longbows and we'll be good
So... 4 swords, 2 axes, and 3 longbows, and a heavy crossbow in case?
Mar 14, 2016 8:37 pm
Keleth says:
Naatkinson says:
Just don't be carrying 5 swords, 2 axes, and 4 longbows and we'll be good
So... 4 swords, 2 axes, and 3 longbows, and a heavy crossbow in case?
Sounds good ;)
Mar 14, 2016 8:52 pm
https://gomakemeasandwich.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/manatarms.jpg
Last edited March 14, 2016 8:53 pm
Mar 14, 2016 8:56 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
https://gomakemeasandwich.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/manatarms.jpg
Why so few weapons?
Mar 14, 2016 10:18 pm
That dude can't even walk through a door...
Mar 14, 2016 10:21 pm
Fatenori says:
That dude can't even walk through a door...
who needs doors when you can just bust through the wall.
Last edited March 14, 2016 10:21 pm
Mar 15, 2016 3:02 am
Trying this out

Rolls

Testing - (5d6, 1d20+4, 2d8+3)

5d6 : (45652) = 22

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

2d8+3 : (35) + 3 = 11

Mar 24, 2016 10:16 pm
Yep, thedandyman, you rolled that exactly right
Mar 28, 2016 4:51 pm
Since we are using the variant action rules you may take up to three acts per round

JoHoover: You took one act to move up and close the distance, and one act to attack with TWF, you still have one act left, which you may use to make an additional attack with one of your weapons, or anything else you might wanna do.
Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm
Oh, I thought my three actions were: move, whip attack, hammer attack. But I'll take another whip attack to trip the third goblin if that's allowed.

Or would I be able to make another set of two attacks? would there be more than my standard dual wield penalties for the second round of attacks?
Last edited March 28, 2016 4:58 pm
Mar 28, 2016 5:03 pm
JoHoover says:
Oh, I thought my three actions were: move, whip attack, hammer attack. But I'll take another whip attack to trip the third goblin if that's allowed.

Or would I be able to make another set of two attacks? would there be more than my standard dual wield penalties for the second round of attacks?
You could make an additional attack with one of the weapons. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting will allow you second action to be made with both weapons. You will suffer the standard -5 to attack rolls for making an additional attack.

You could also make that whip attack to attempt to trip if you want (Also with the -5 penalty)
Quote:
When you fight with a second weapon in your off hand or with a double weapon, you can make two attacks with the first attack simple action you take during your turn: one with your primary hand and another with your off hand. You take penalties on these attack rolls as listed on Table: Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties. Any other attack simple actions you take during your turn allow only one attack roll, using either the weapon in your primary hand or the one in your off hand.

If you have the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can make two attack rolls on both the first and second attack simple actions taken during your turn; both of the attacks made on the second attack action are made at a –5 penalty. Further attack simple actions taken during the same turn allow only one attack roll, using either the weapon in your primary hand or the one in your off hand.

If you have the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can make two attacks on each of your attack simple actions on your turn, though you take all the normal penalties for two-weapon fighting, as well as the cumulative –5 penalty per attack simple action (all attacks made as part of the same attack action have the same penalty).
Mar 28, 2016 5:11 pm
ok, editing my post to include another whip attack.
Mar 28, 2016 5:51 pm
Are you trying to trip or are you trying to hit the goblin with that last attack?
Mar 28, 2016 5:54 pm
trip. Do I not roll damage on a trip attack?
Last edited March 28, 2016 5:54 pm
Mar 28, 2016 5:56 pm
Nope, it's a combat maneuver you can try in place of an attack.
Mar 28, 2016 6:15 pm
OK, good to know. So disregard the damage rolls on the two whip attacks. Both of them are trip attacks. Sorry about the mistakes.
Mar 28, 2016 6:16 pm
JoHoover says:
OK, good to know. So disregard the damage rolls on the two whip attacks. Both of them are trip attacks. Sorry about the mistakes.
No problem, Pathfinder is very complex, and the only reason I'm aware of any of this is a lot of research in the midst of our discussion lol
Mar 29, 2016 2:04 pm
Sorry I've been absent! It was a crazy week and weekend at work, and I'm only now coming up for air. I see some shit is going down already. Do you want Urthask to just dive into the action? Posting this in-character so you have my avatar.
Mar 29, 2016 2:06 pm
Go ahead and dive in! Good to have you back
Mar 29, 2016 2:44 pm
Posted already. Didn't feel right to attack right away. Urthask is checking to see if there are more goblins, and if anyone has been hurt or needs help. My perception sucked though! :-D
Mar 29, 2016 2:52 pm
I assume like DnD 3/3.5, crossbow into melee will have a penalty/chance to hit melee engagers?
Mar 29, 2016 2:56 pm
Yeah, you'll take a -4 to your attack roll, unless you take the Precise Shot feat
Mar 29, 2016 3:05 pm
Ok, I have to look into how my familiar attacks.
Mar 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Keleth says:
What is your familiar?
Mar 29, 2016 4:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
Keleth says:
What is your familiar?
A thrush. I don't have any offensive spells I can channel through her right now, and I think she has a claw attack that does 1d3? I saw a template somewhere. I could also go in melee...
Mar 29, 2016 4:29 pm
A thrush does 1d2-5 damage. I heal them by attacking with my thrush :p

Fine, melee attack it is.
Mar 29, 2016 5:34 pm
Keleth says:
A thrush does 1d2-5 damage
This exemplifies everything wrong with pathfinder, lol. A thrush needs to take weapon finesse to have a chance to deal -4 to -3 damage.
Mar 29, 2016 5:39 pm
Fatenori says:
Keleth says:
A thrush does 1d2-5 damage
This exemplifies everything wrong with pathfinder, lol. A thrush needs to take weapon finesse to have a chance to deal -4 to -3 damage.
Ah, but my thrush can hit! She uses my BAB + str/dex to attack... and her damage to damage. So basically, she's very likely to heal them with her pecks of doom... or love, based on how you look at it.
Mar 29, 2016 11:05 pm
Just remember that your familiar is very squishy. You got any good spells?
Mar 29, 2016 11:11 pm
Nope! All defensive right now. I didn't see any good offensive level 1 spells, and I figured with my char background, offensive spells didn't make sense yet. I'll go in for a melee attack after fencing class this evening (irony?).
Mar 29, 2016 11:18 pm
Fair enough! Plus the burly Dwarven bodyguard left little reason to have any, I suppose
Mar 30, 2016 12:33 am
I gotta be honest, I'm excited you chose to play a witch hahaha the witch in the podcast I listen to uses a lot of hexes (mostly Evil Eye) and cackling to dish out tons of de-buffs to enemies. It's really nice and super flavorful lol idk if there's a lot of play variation between different ways to play the witch, but potentially there's a lot of really cool support stuff you could do
Mar 30, 2016 7:42 pm
Gotcha about the stacking penalties. Sorry I can't edit them after the fact.
Mar 30, 2016 7:45 pm
JoHoover says:
Gotcha about the stacking penalties. Sorry I can't edit them after the fact.
No big deal, I will adjust for it in cases that you forget to :)
Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm
I didn't see a place on the character sheet to mark xp, so I just added it to the notes.
Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm
JoHoover says:
I didn't see a place on the character sheet to mark xp, so I just added it to the notes.
Notes are fine, I will also be tracking it here
Mar 31, 2016 7:51 am
I have a question about skills. In D&D 3e you had to put 2 skill points to gain 1 rank in a non-class skill. IS this also the case in Pathfinder? If that's the case then how do you show that on the character sheet? The character sheet doesn't distinguish between class skills and non-class skills.
Mar 31, 2016 11:04 am
No, in pathfinder class skills that you put a rank in you gain a +3 to, for being a class skill. Cross class skills you can put ranks in, but you won't gain the additional +3. In the character sheet I've been adding it as a miscellaneous modifier.
Last edited March 31, 2016 11:05 am
Mar 31, 2016 11:29 am
Now that I know this, I'll look into adding a checkbox next to the skillname to denote class skill, and it'll automatically add +3.
Mar 31, 2016 3:55 pm
Ah, the pros of having the guy who runs the website play your game ;)
Mar 31, 2016 4:18 pm
thedandyman says:
Ah, the pros of having the guy who runs the website play your game ;)
To be fair, even if I wasn't in the game, if someone told me this fact, I woulda done it :p When I develop the character sheets, if it's a system I haven't played, I try to get a book to learn the system, but I can't afford to buy every book. When I don't have the book or I don't understand it, I build it to the best of my knowledge and rely on players to give me feedback on how to make the sheets better.
Mar 31, 2016 4:20 pm
This is why I sign up for all the games, Keleth. So I can give you feedback. :-D
Mar 31, 2016 4:23 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
This is why I sign up for all the games, Keleth. So I can give you feedback. :-D
Umm... yeah... me too... ;)
Mar 31, 2016 4:24 pm
My intention for Urthask just looking around before instead of attacking was because his instincts told himthere would be more goblins. Turns out he was right. I'm guessing I screwed it up by rolling low on the perception check.

Ok, so I've posted the narration for my turn but you'll hve to help me out with the mechanics. I will probably get it all wrong so you'll have to straighten it out for me. :-D

Is GB the goblin leader? If I count the grid squares correctly Urthask is close enough to the target for a lance charge (even accounting for navigating around commoners). According to this, a charge will consume 2 actions. So after charging Urthask can still attack once with his bastard sword, correct?
Quote:
Lances and Charge Attacks: A lance deals double damage if employed by a mounted character in a charge.
Does that mean roll 2d8, or roll 1d8 and multiply by 2?

And what about Arktos? Can he still claw/claw/bite after charging?

A heads up to everyone, when Urthask charges and hits, allies gain a +2 bonus on their next attack roll against the target of that charge. This bonus must be used before Urthask's next turn, or it is lost.
Last edited March 31, 2016 5:00 pm
Mar 31, 2016 4:38 pm
I posted, hopefully you don't mind, if I interject an action before you actually charge off.
Mar 31, 2016 4:40 pm
Keleth says:
I posted, hopefully you don't mind, if I interject an action before you actually charge off.
Not at all! :-)
Mar 31, 2016 7:03 pm
OOC:
How does diagonal movement work? Does moving to a diagonal square cost 5 feet as well, or does that cost extra movement?
Mar 31, 2016 7:06 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
My intention for Urthask just looking around before instead of attacking was because his instincts told himthere would be more goblins. Turns out he was right. I'm guessing I screwed it up by rolling low on the perception check.

Ok, so I've posted the narration for my turn but you'll have to help me out with the mechanics. I will probably get it all wrong so you'll have to straighten it out for me. :-D

Is GB the goblin leader? If I count the grid squares correctly Urthask is close enough to the target for a lance charge (even accounting for navigating around commoners). According to this, a charge will consume 2 actions. So after charging Urthask can still attack once with his bastard sword, correct?
Quote:
Lances and Charge Attacks: A lance deals double damage if employed by a mounted character in a charge.

A heads up to everyone, when Urthask charges and hits, allies gain a +2 bonus on their next attack roll against the target of that charge. This bonus must be used before Urthask's next turn, or it is lost.
Being that your mount functions as a separate creature, it will use up its actions separately. If it charges (2 acts) then it has one act still, which it can use for ONE of it's attacks (it takes all three acts to do a full attack action with natural attacks. This leaves you will all 3 of your acts left, if I'm reading it all right.

GB is indeed the leader (Goblin Boss).

You roll once and double the damage (I think).
Mar 31, 2016 7:07 pm
thedandyman says:
OOC:
How does diagonal movement work? Does moving to a diagonal square cost 5 feet as well, or does that cost extra movement?
I'm just going to go with 5 feet, diagonal or not :)
Mar 31, 2016 7:11 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:

Ok, so I've posted the narration for my turn but you'll have to help me out with the mechanics. I will probably get it all wrong so you'll have to straighten it out for me. :-D

Quote:

Being that your mount functions as a separate creature, it will use up its actions separately. If it charges (2 acts) then it has one act still, which it can use for ONE of it's attacks (it takes all three acts to do a full attack action with natural attacks. This leaves you will all 3 of your acts left, if I'm reading it all right.

GB is indeed the leader (Goblin Boss).

You roll once and double the damage (I think).
Though after your mount charges with you on it, you are still limited to one attack. But you can use your other two acts for other things.

Also of Note:

When you attack a creature smaller than your mount that is on foot, you get the +1 bonus on melee attacks for being on higher ground. If your mount moves more than 5 feet, you can only make a single melee attack. Essentially, you have to wait until the mount gets to your enemy before attacking, so you can't make a full attack. Even at your mount's full speed, you don't take any penalty on melee attacks while mounted.

If your mount charges, you also take the AC penalty associated with a charge. If you make an attack at the end of the charge, you receive the bonus gained from the charge. When charging on horseback, you deal double damage with a lance (see Charge).

So, for attacking after a charge you will get +3 to hit (2 from charge, and 1 from height advantage) and double lance damage!
Mar 31, 2016 7:13 pm
Pathfinder is complicated! Guess that's why people call it Mathfinder lol
Mar 31, 2016 7:38 pm
Ok, I've added rolls to my post. I hope I didn't mess any of that up! In my narration I said Urthask yelled a challenge. Urthask actually does have a Challange ability that grants bonuses but I think I'll keep that purely RP for now as I'm not sure that action will fit in the action economy this round.
Apr 4, 2016 5:09 pm
Ok, so for my latest post I don't know if a disarm after the charge makes sense or if I should Overrun G2 instead. If you will allow me to change my actions, I think I'll do the Overrun instead (and apply the same combat maneuver roll if that's okay).
Last edited April 4, 2016 5:10 pm
Apr 4, 2016 5:24 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Ok, so for my latest post I don't know if a disarm after the charge makes sense or if I should Overrun G2 instead. If you will allow me to change my actions, I think I'll do the Overrun instead (and apply the same combat maneuver roll if that's okay).
Whatever you wanna do is fine. Feel free to change your actions up until the point that I make a post resolving it :)
Apr 4, 2016 5:42 pm
Naatkinson says:
Whatever you wanna do is fine. Feel free to change your actions up until the point that I make a post resolving it :)
Thanks! I've edited my post to include the following changes/comments:
*Choosing to Overrun G2 instead of the Disarm attempt on GB.
*Does Arktos also gain +2 to attack from Distracting Charge? If he does, I haven't factored that in.
*Also not factored in: +1 bonus to my attack roll (granted by Challenge).
Apr 4, 2016 5:52 pm
Arktos is your ally, so he will also gain the +2 to attack
Apr 4, 2016 7:34 pm
I'm having a hard time finding the Order of the Bear rules :( Got a link for me? I wanted to check it out.
Apr 4, 2016 7:57 pm
Naatkinson says:
I'm having a hard time finding the Order of the Bear rules :( Got a link for me? I wanted to check it out.
It's just a refluff of Order of the Dragon. ;-)
Apr 4, 2016 8:03 pm
Hmmm... The +1 only applies to your allies' attacks, not yours. It does apply to Arktos, though
Apr 4, 2016 8:08 pm
Ah. You're right. Thanks!

And because you made me look it up, I realized I'd missed the part about Perception and Survival being class skills for Urthask! And also forgot about the Aid Allies feature! Adding those to the character sheet now. :-)
Apr 4, 2016 10:40 pm
One thing that should be noted, when calculating an attack you add the base stat generally strength plus your bab, plus other misc. Modifiers such as +1 for being on a mount against unmounted, or charging +2, or weapon focus +1. For example, urthask charging against an unmounted target would be str(4)+bab(1)+3=8, his bear would be str(3)+bab(1)+2 from distracting charge so +6 on that one bite. Do not forget adding bab, it ends up being the most important.
Apr 5, 2016 12:25 am
D'oh yeah I keep forgetting BAB and also the higher ground bonus! :-P Will try to remember next time. Thanks!
Apr 5, 2016 5:48 pm
Just took a peek. Whips are exotic weapons. Without the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat you should be taking a -4 to all attacks with it unless I missed something.
Apr 5, 2016 6:34 pm
He also doesn't appear to have traits yet. One of those must be an heirloom whip for proficiency.
Apr 5, 2016 6:35 pm
Fatenori says:
He also doesn't appear to have traits yet. One of those must be an heirloom whip for proficiency.
Sounds good to me lol
Apr 5, 2016 7:14 pm
wow, I must be on to much benadryl. You are right. Ill have to take that proficiency as soon as I can...

Could I trade my Two weapon defense feat for the exotic proficiency?

Traits? Man I apparently missed a bit. Where would I find those?
Last edited April 5, 2016 7:18 pm
Apr 5, 2016 7:22 pm
JoHoover says:
wow, I must be on to much benadryl. You are right. Ill have to take that proficiency as soon as I can...

Could I trade my Two weapon defense feat for the exotic proficiency?
That would be fine. Either that or take the Heirloom Weapon trait to gain proficiency in it.

It doesn't look like you have selected your two traits yet. You need one from this book and one from another category besides campaign here
Apr 5, 2016 7:35 pm
I apparently missed traits as well... I'll have to look into it tomorrow (tonight is fencing and pain).
Apr 5, 2016 10:40 pm
Oops, I think I forgot to do traits too hahaha

There's just so many to look through...
Apr 6, 2016 12:44 am
Traits are a great way to get proficiencies you feel fit the character but you don't already have. Nathan gave a link to the players guide campaign specific traits but if you go to the d20pfsrd traits page and search for "rise of the runelords" you'll find a couple more that can tie you into the storyline, I assume they're in the original book. For a quick reference to what traits do what go
here

Pay special attention to the bottom section, they note which traits grant which skills.
Last edited April 6, 2016 12:56 am
Apr 6, 2016 3:26 pm
OK, I've decided on Heirloom weapon, even though your sheet @Fatenori says its bad, I still think its worth it.

I'm also going to go with Favored son with Belor Hemlock (town sheriff) as my ally.

I'll edit my character sheet to reflect the choices.
Last edited April 6, 2016 3:26 pm
Apr 7, 2016 4:51 pm
Anyone gonna step up to be the first to act in Round Two?
Apr 8, 2016 1:15 pm
Does Pathfinder have something like a guard action? Can I run up to the remaining human and guard over him? He's on the ground, right?
Apr 8, 2016 1:20 pm
You could assist him in standing up, do an aid another action to reduce the goblins chance to hit him, attempt to bull rush the goblin to push him back(would provoke an AoO), attempt a drag maneuver on the human to move him away from the goblin then take his place(wouldn't provoke an AoO), maybe scream and yell at the goblin to get it to focus on you. But no guard action, no, not without taking feats.
Last edited April 8, 2016 1:20 pm
Apr 8, 2016 1:20 pm
You can use the Aid Another action to add a +2 to his AC against a single attack if you'd like.
Apr 8, 2016 1:24 pm
Thanks Fatenori and Naat, gives me great ideas. What's the roll on a drag maneuver? And with the 3 actions per round thing, is a move at my full 30ft or half?
Apr 8, 2016 1:49 pm
Combat maneuvers are the CMB on your character sheet. Roll 1d20 plus that, it technically does provoke but the humans not likely to attack you.
Apr 8, 2016 2:47 pm
@Keleth, I like your idea of trying to pull the human away.

as an side @Naatkinson what program do you use to make the battle maps? That is super nice and if its not to expensive I'd like to add it to my toolbox :-)
Last edited April 8, 2016 2:48 pm
Apr 8, 2016 3:04 pm
Ah, all combat maneuvers use CMB generically. I'll post in a few minutes.
Apr 8, 2016 4:23 pm
JoHoover says:
@Keleth, I like your idea of trying to pull the human away.

as an side @Naatkinson what program do you use to make the battle maps? That is super nice and if its not to expensive I'd like to add it to my toolbox :-)
I use the 3D Virtual Tabletop app. I believe it's available both on Android and iOS tablets and phones. I don't think there is a version for PC or Mac.

I use this, take a screenchot, then upload it to imgur.com and link it from there.
Apr 8, 2016 5:26 pm
Interesting, just took a look and that looks amazing.
Apr 8, 2016 5:27 pm
It is sooo nice for PbP gaming. I don't use it for anything else
Apr 11, 2016 3:22 pm
Double posted in the game thread, sorry!
Apr 12, 2016 4:53 am
thedandyman says:
OOC:
So... if we wanted to find out where the goblins came from/are going, and why they attacked the town... is there someone in town we should talk to? Like a guard captain or something?

Also, Xandak only has 4 HP left.
Town guard is a good idea. Also, as Urthask has already suggested, Daviren Hosk.
Apr 13, 2016 1:37 pm
Gonna give people until noon (Eastern Time: It's currently 9:36) to decide if they wanna go with Urthask :)
Apr 18, 2016 2:03 pm
My hexes that say "can affect a target once every 24 hours"; can we change that to once per rest? 24 hours would seem a bit hard to track.
Apr 18, 2016 2:06 pm
Keleth says:
My hexes that say "can affect a target once every 24 hours"; can we change that to once per rest? 24 hours would seem a bit hard to track.
Sounds good to me. Once per actual day, not 24 hours after the last use.
Apr 22, 2016 3:54 pm
okay, so Power Attack says this:
Quote:
You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
Here's my question: does Xandak's fist count as a primary natural weapon? I don't really know what that means hahahaha
Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm
thedandyman says:
okay, so Power Attack says this:
Quote:
You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
Here's my question: does Xandak's fist count as a primary natural weapon? I don't really know what that means hahahaha
A monk's unarmed strikes count as a manufactured weapon and a natural attack. It does not count as a primary natural attack that adds 1.5x strength mod to damage, so you will simply take the +2 to your damage rolls, not the +3.
Apr 22, 2016 6:39 pm
Got it!
Apr 29, 2016 5:20 pm
I'm assuming my healing hex is a touch attack? That's just 1d20+str?
Apr 29, 2016 5:28 pm
Questions on Gongar:

1. Are you using the regular whip or the scorpion whip?

2. Where is the +4 to attack coming from? I count a +3: 2 from Strength, 1 from BAB
Apr 29, 2016 5:29 pm
Keleth says:
I'm assuming my healing hex is a touch attack? That's just 1d20+str?
You simply do it and the skeleton has to attemp a Will save to resist the damage
Apr 29, 2016 7:50 pm
Naatkinson says:
Questions on Gongar:

1. Are you using the regular whip or the scorpion whip?

2. Where is the +4 to attack coming from? I count a +3: 2 from Strength, 1 from BAB
I only have one whip, its the heirloom whip that I took a trait for.

And I don't know where I got the +4, I had that written on my weapons in the character sheet but you are right it should only be +3, I will fix that on my character so i don't screw it up again.
Last edited April 29, 2016 7:51 pm
May 18, 2016 7:53 pm
Do we have a general idea of were the locations he is talking about are? Would it be possible to use the hunting trip as a ruse for trying to find the goblins?
May 18, 2016 8:11 pm
It's very close by, merely a mile-and-a-half south of Sandpoint.
May 23, 2016 3:25 pm
I can hear crickets! Don't hear those often in a call center basement!
May 23, 2016 3:25 pm
Gonna be honest, now that I've read this adventure a little bit, I'm not a tremendous fan of it.
May 23, 2016 3:32 pm
If you want to take it off the rails that would be fine by me. I like the group we've got so I'm up for anything!
May 23, 2016 3:34 pm
It's a fine adventure, but it gives no advice on things that players are probably going to do (like the adventurers wanting to track the goblins down)
May 24, 2016 9:42 pm
Think I'm just going to close this game down. Getting the feeling that people are not into it, and I'm really not either. Thoughts?
May 24, 2016 10:12 pm
I think we've hit one of those points that happen in games where the players aren't sure where the GM wants to go next and the GM isn't sure what comes next. With that in mind, given what you've said about the game, I don't see a point in playing a game where the GM isn't as I to it. I'd rather you think of a game you want to run and I'll consider joining that (if you want to GM anything at all).
May 24, 2016 10:49 pm
I agree with Keleth, it may have lost too much momentum...
May 24, 2016 11:54 pm
Yeah, I'm going to cancel it. I will leave it up a couple of days so that everyone can see what's going on.

I WILL eventually start another game of Pathfinder, and when I do, you are all invited.
May 25, 2016 12:18 am
Sad day :(

I was enjoying the monk play style, but I think not being able to talk really inhibited my ability to help move the story along hahaha I couldn't exactly respond to Aldern though I wanted to
May 25, 2016 12:43 am
thedandyman says:
Sad day :(

I was enjoying the monk play style, but I think not being able to talk really inhibited my ability to help move the story along hahaha I couldn't exactly respond to Aldern though I wanted to
I will start another one up, probably soon. I'm just not into this adventure. You'll be in it for sure once I got it going and maybe you can make another monk :)
May 25, 2016 12:48 am
Or we can do the Democratic thing and vote. Place your votes here and decide if you want to keep it going. I think the adventure gets better, it's just the beginning that's kinda rough.
May 25, 2016 1:09 am
I don't mind continuing; it seems to me that the hardest part of any adventure is the beginning, so if we can get past it, maybe it'll pick up a bit? But if you guys want to start a new one, I'm fine with that too
Last edited May 25, 2016 1:10 am
May 25, 2016 2:07 am
If you think you can have fun GMing it after this rough patch, I'm game to try to continue. If you think you'd enjoy GMing a different game, I'd probably join that one in lieu.
May 25, 2016 3:53 am
Keleth says:
If you think you can have fun GMing it after this rough patch, I'm game to try to continue. If you think you'd enjoy GMing a different game, I'd probably join that one in lieu.
I'm seconding this. You have to be enjoying GMing too, not just us playing. :-)
May 25, 2016 1:18 pm
I think if we power through this section, it will get better, so I'm gonna keep it going
May 25, 2016 6:56 pm
I'm down to keep going. I thought it was just a lull from spring early summer taking up peoples time.
Jun 8, 2016 12:28 pm
Urthask and Arktos are circling around to flush out the boar(s). Do I roll Survival or something? Arktos has the Scent ability. How do I put that to use?
Jun 8, 2016 1:27 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Urthask and Arktos are circling around to flush out the boar(s). Do I roll Survival or something? Arktos has the Scent ability. How do I put that to use?
Yeah, Survival would be a good choice for that.

Scent rules are located here. It's just something that kind of happens, it looks like. I will keep it in mind.
Jun 8, 2016 2:19 pm
I've added a crap roll to my post. :-P
Jun 12, 2016 5:15 pm
Can I add Xandak's stealth roll since hes out for the week?

not that it matters much since I bungled my roll so bad.
Last edited June 12, 2016 5:15 pm
Jun 13, 2016 1:27 pm
JoHoover says:
Can I add Xandak's stealth roll since hes out for the week?

not that it matters much since I bungled my roll so bad.
I already rolled it, just have to actually make my post. Sorry, it was a BUSY weekend!
Jun 14, 2016 3:53 am
Question: are flurry of blows and stunning strike compatible with each other? Like, could I do both in one turn, without necessitating the -5 to hit from a second attack? Or does flurry of blows only work if I do normal attacks?
Jun 14, 2016 3:55 am
thedandyman says:
Question: are flurry of blows and stunning strike compatible with each other? Like, could I do both in one turn, without necessitating the -5 to hit from a second attack? Or does flurry of blows only work if I do normal attacks?
Yes, you can do both. The only stipulations are that it has to be declared before the attack roll is made, and you can only attempt it once per round
Jun 23, 2016 9:45 pm
Go ahead and gain your level, I'll have a good post tomorrow!
Jun 28, 2016 7:33 pm
Man... that post took a lot out of me! I've been dreading that one all week :)
Jun 28, 2016 10:19 pm
If it were me posting it, I would have clicked "post" and then my internet would have timed out and I would have lost it all and had to re-type everything lol

...play-by-post has not always been kind to me
Jun 28, 2016 10:29 pm
I type everything up in notepad and then copy/paste it all :)
Jun 29, 2016 4:55 am
See, I would do that, but I just forget to a lot. Also I'm lazy hahaha

fun question: If you had to cast your character and/or the important NPC's so far, who would you cast to play them? At the moment I'm leaning towards a younger Gerard Butler for Xandak.
Jun 29, 2016 5:17 pm
the ladies would go wild for a silent Gerard Butler.

As for Gongar, I'm not sure who I would cast for him. Probably the actor that plays Gimly in Lord of the Rings.
Jul 19, 2016 5:16 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Anyone else want anything before we fast-forward to the Inn?
Gongar, we can figure out prices for things in the OOC thread if you decide on a special order
I'm good.
Jul 20, 2016 4:31 pm
We are good to move forward, I wasn't sure what I was looking for and the repeater crossbow will most likely be way to expensive for what we have.

I'm glad Malik found a new xbow.
Jul 20, 2016 5:30 pm
Something that's more reasonably shooty! Don't know why I picked a heavy, but we'll say it's because I was being thematic, and my character wanted something solid to protect himself with in the dangerous woods?
Jul 28, 2016 5:54 pm
I am leaving for Cedar Point tomorrow morning (Friday, July 29th) and won't get back until late Sunday night (July 31st). I'll be recuperating on Monday, so my posting may be slow until Tuesday.
Jul 28, 2016 7:09 pm
Man, that last post took a little bit of time to put together!
Aug 3, 2016 5:57 pm
Jabes, you still in the game? Haven't heard from you (in the game thread) in a month!

What about you, Fatenori?
Aug 3, 2016 7:04 pm
YEah I'm still here. Can't think of anything for Urthask to say. He's a man of few words hehe!
Aug 5, 2016 3:32 am
Going out of town for about a week, not sure how often I'll be able to get online.
Aug 8, 2016 6:48 pm
Going to remove Fatenori from the game and look for another player :)
Aug 8, 2016 8:24 pm
Please welcome our newest party member, Irvanovich!
Aug 8, 2016 8:27 pm
Howdy howdy howdy. What role are you guys needing filled?
Aug 8, 2016 8:32 pm
Got a mute monk, bear-riding cavalier, witch (healing patron), and a TWF fighter
Aug 8, 2016 8:37 pm
Gotcha. So you're possibly needing a trap monkey?

I know it's a point-buy game...starting at level 1 with 20 points?
Aug 8, 2016 8:50 pm
irvanovich says:

We're already at level 2 with 1450 experience, so you can start there as well.
Aug 8, 2016 8:59 pm
Naatkinson says:
irvanovich says:

We're already at level 2 with 1450 experience, so you can start there as well.
Awesome. I'll see what I can come up with tonight when I get home.
Aug 8, 2016 9:22 pm
Also, Irvan, make sure to check out the Unchained Action Economy variant rules we're testing out right now
Aug 11, 2016 2:03 am
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Don't forget to give Arktos another feat and another skill point!
Will do! Thanks!

I just found out that Animal Archetypes are a thing. Can Arktos be a Charger or Bodyguard, for instance?
Last edited August 11, 2016 2:04 am
Aug 12, 2016 1:23 pm
That moment when you learn there is a real chemical compound called Pikachurin...

#themoreyouknow
Aug 14, 2016 7:11 am
Hullo, Irvanovich! I briefly considered playing an alchemist at the start of this adventure, but decided to go monk instead. Glad to see someone else give it a go!
Aug 15, 2016 12:47 pm
I love the alchemist class...there's just so much you can do with it, and it's the closest thing "core" Pathfinder I can get to an Eberron artificer. I don't get to play one often, so I'm pretty excited about this little guy.

I love the idea of a silent monk, btw. They make for EXCELLENT roleplay.
Aug 15, 2016 7:33 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Will do! Thanks!

I just found out that Animal Archetypes are a thing. Can Arktos be a Charger or Bodyguard, for instance?
Chose Power Attack for his feat, and gave him the Charger archetype

I still have 1 skill point to assign. It says "Chargers treat Intimidate as a class skill." Arktos has a CHA of 6, which makes him not very intimidating at all! Or can he use STR for intimidation? Is that a thing in Pathfinder, or is that for D&D 3e only?
Aug 15, 2016 7:37 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Will do! Thanks!

Chose Power Attack for his feat, and gave him the Charger archetype

I still have 1 skill point to assign. It says "Chargers treat Intimidate as a class skill." Arktos has a CHA of 6, which makes him not very intimidating at all! Or can he use STR for intimidation? Is that a thing in Pathfinder, or is that for D&D 3e only?
I'll allow it to be strength-based for the bear
Aug 15, 2016 7:40 pm
There's a feat in Pathfinder that lets you add your Strength to your Intimidate checks, along with your Charisma, but you can't just substitute it. I don't know why, it never made any sense to me, but there it is. I'm pretty sure that rule is for 3e only.

EDIT: Well, Naat beat me to it, as usual. I try to house-rule it myself when barbarians use CHA as their dump stat :D
Last edited August 15, 2016 7:41 pm
Aug 15, 2016 7:45 pm
Naatkinson says:
I'll allow it to be strength-based for the bear
Great! Thanks! I guess if Urthask wants to try it too he'll have to take the feat.

How do skill points work again? If you put 1 point in a class-skill you get an additional 3 ranks. So +4 and then the relevant ability bonus. So Arktos would have +7 on his Intimidate. Is this correct?
Aug 15, 2016 7:46 pm
Yes, that is correct my friend :)

EDIT: Well, actually, not quite. I read what you posted wrong. You get a +3 "Trained" bonus for any class skill that you put ranks in. So, yes and no on the being correct part. :)
Last edited August 15, 2016 7:48 pm
Aug 15, 2016 8:44 pm
Irvan, did you get a chance to read over the variant action economy rules? Still not sure how I feel about them and am open to feedback.
Aug 15, 2016 9:00 pm
I've looked it over. There's a lot there, and while it may streamline the process a bit, it seems to me like it overcomplicates combat a bit.

Plus, the way it's written, it almost sounds like you have to take three actions to make an attack with a spell that has a casting time of 1 standard action, like Scorching Ray...and if you have to roll multiple attacks separately for a spell, then it almost seems like it's an action spent for each attack.
Quote:
Cast a Standard-Action Spell (Complex; 2 Acts): You cast a spell with a casting time of 1 standard action. This isn't an attack action, even if the spell requires a ranged attack roll. If you provoke attacks of opportunity when casting the spell, you don't provoke attacks a second time when making the ranged attack roll.
That's a little ridiculous to me. I may be looking at it wrong, but at first glance, that's what it looks like, and that can really hurt a caster.

I'll give it a try, and let you know what I think after running through a combat with them...but looking over them again, I'm not sure I like them too much.
Aug 15, 2016 9:07 pm
I wanted to try it out, since it looked kinda nifty. I feel like if Pathfinder was built around this system it would work better, but it's confusing because they tried to build it around a complex action system.
Aug 15, 2016 9:11 pm
Yeah, it says that because ranged attack actions provoke an attack of opportunity, and they wanted to clarify that this action would not provoke two attacks of opportunity.
Aug 15, 2016 9:32 pm
Unchained is kinda hit or miss with me. Like, it simplifies some things, but overly complicates others. I think I'll like the standard combat system better, but I really won't know until I give it a try.
Aug 15, 2016 9:33 pm
I think they did a really good job with the unchained classes, and variant rules certainly aren't a bad thing to have, since they can be totally ignored if we don't like them
Aug 16, 2016 9:12 pm
Sorry I haven't posted my introduction. Ive been super busy with work and family. Hoping to get it done tonight.
Aug 16, 2016 9:15 pm
JoHoover says:
Sorry I haven't posted my introduction. Ive been super busy with work and family. Hoping to get it done tonight.
No problem, I'm fine with you and Malik posting yours whenever you get a chance :)
Aug 16, 2016 10:49 pm
Yah, sorry for my lack of activity here (at least I've made occasional posts in your other game Naat). RL has really come to a point for me, and the stress is making time management very difficult :/
Aug 16, 2016 10:57 pm
It's all good, fellas. Real life stinks, I understand completely. Take care of yourselves first :)
Aug 17, 2016 3:36 pm
No problem at all, real life comes first! We'll keep the game slow for a couple days so you don't miss anything.
Aug 25, 2016 4:31 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Urthask strides past Archibald and storms in.. Roaring a challenge, he
OOC:
The suspense is killing me!
LOL! Sorry, my internet connection cut out and I couldn't reconnect. Updating that post now. :-)
Aug 25, 2016 4:53 pm
Rolled a 1 on the crit confirmation for a nat 20. You don't see that every day! :-P
Aug 25, 2016 5:01 pm
Quote:
Whistling for Arktos, Urthask strides past...
So I don't know if this is something I can do and if I need to roll anything to get Arktos to come charging in. Looking at the map it looks like he can fit in here. It's gonna be mayhem for sure though! :-D
Aug 25, 2016 5:07 pm
You could roll a Perception check for Arktos, with a -4 penalty for the noise of the furnace to see if he can even hear the whistle
Aug 25, 2016 5:17 pm
Added the perception check to my post.

Oops yeah thanks for the reminder about the cumulative -5!
Aug 25, 2016 5:21 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Added the perception check to my post.

Oops yeah thanks for the reminder about the cumulative -5!
I think it's easier to forget with this Action Economy system, honestly
Aug 25, 2016 5:53 pm
JoHoover says:
Rolls
Intimidation Check - (1d20+4)
( 20 ) + 4 = 24
And that, ladies and gents, is how you intimidate someone...
Aug 25, 2016 7:24 pm
irvanovich says:
If only it worked on more than 1 goblin...
Aug 25, 2016 7:25 pm
JoHoover says:
irvanovich says:
Yeah, but that one goblin has it currently running down both legs.
Aug 25, 2016 7:34 pm
irvanovich says:
JoHoover says:
irvanovich says:
Yeah, but that one goblin has it currently running down both legs.
He is pretty FUBAR at the moment.
Aug 25, 2016 8:39 pm
Yeah, the one-target aspect of it seems weird... That was a call that I hated making (based on the natural 20, it may still have an effect ;)
Aug 25, 2016 10:54 pm
We get thirty feet of movement (6 squares) per action, right? (And you can't move diagonally?) So if I wanted to get to G8, I would have to move twice and then attack once?
Aug 25, 2016 10:55 pm
thedandyman says:
We get thirty feet of movement (6 squares) per action, right? (And you can't move diagonally?) So if I wanted to get to G8, I would have to move twice and then attack once?
Correct!
Aug 25, 2016 10:58 pm
Naatkinson says:
thedandyman says:
Correct!
With the exception of diagonals:
The first square you move through diagonally in a round costs one square, the next is two squares, the next is one, the next is two... so on and so on.
Aug 26, 2016 12:14 am
Well, you get 30 feet. Us little fellers only get 20
Aug 30, 2016 3:04 am
Urthask wants to charge, but needs a straight line to do it.
1. Can he leap onto the table and charge G1?

2. Is Arktos coming? He got a 15 on his Perception check to hear Urthask's whistle.
Last edited August 30, 2016 3:04 am
Aug 30, 2016 3:07 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Urthask wants to charge, but needs a straight line to do it.
1. Can he leap onto the table and charge G1?

2. Is Arktos coming? He got a 15 on his Perception check to hear Urthask's whistle.
1. I'll allow you an Acrobatics check to attempt to leap up on top of the table and make your charge.

2. Arktos will be there next round :) He had a bit of a hard time squeezing his way through the door!
Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am
Yeah Arktos tends to have trouble with that LOL!
Aug 30, 2016 3:14 am
OUCHIE!

What now? Does that end my turn?
Last edited August 30, 2016 3:15 am
Aug 30, 2016 3:15 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OUCHIE!

What now? Dies that end my turn?
No, it will just consume one of your actions for the round.

On a related note, how would everyone feel if we switched back to regular action economy? I'll go with the consensus here.
Aug 30, 2016 3:28 am
Not knowing enough, I can't gauge which is the best way to go. As a caster, I only expect two actions, so I think it's up to others.
Aug 30, 2016 3:28 am
Wow, Urthask has lost it!

About the unchained action economy: I was kinda liking it because it was simpler though I understand it has its drawbacks. I'm ok either way.
Aug 30, 2016 4:36 am
This is my first pathfinder game so I don't have a point of reference for the regular system. I'm fine with either.
Aug 30, 2016 4:55 am
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Only the first attack action you take will get to attack with both weapons, the others are one at a time until you get the higher ranks of the Two-Weapon Fighting feat chain :)

I'll resolve these actions in the morning
Ok, Sorry. Really thought I had it right this time. So you can disregard the whip trip attack though I doubt I hit anything anyways.
Aug 30, 2016 12:39 pm
I haven't really done very much with this new action economy, but it seems a bit too "overly complicated by trying to simplify" for my tastes.

Doesn't matter to me either way, but if I have to choose, I choose the old action economy.
Aug 30, 2016 7:58 pm
Heh, I'm being reminded of why I never liked playing low level casters in 3e (and apparently, Pathfinder). It can be exciting later on, but for now, I'm more useful with my crossbow than my spells. Once I get the ability to deliver touch spells through my raven, things will be better.
Aug 30, 2016 8:23 pm
Keleth says:
Heh, I'm being reminded of why I never liked playing low level casters in 3e (and apparently, Pathfinder). It can be exciting later on, but for now, I'm more useful with my crossbow than my spells. Once I get the ability to deliver touch spells through my raven, things will be better.
That's why I love taking Craft (Alchemy) with any caster I can make it make sense with. Buying Alchemist's Fire gets expensive after a while...crafting it is a LOT cheaper...and really builds up that utility
Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm
Maybe Malik should purchase some alchemical weapons from Archibald?
Aug 30, 2016 8:33 pm
Keleth says:
This is one of the things that I like about 5e over Pathfinder. Spellcasters keep using spells rather than resort to the old crossbow.
Aug 30, 2016 9:06 pm
Naatkinson says:
Yah, I'm trying to hold true to my character (someone who doesn't want to fight, trying to stay more support), but I may slide and get some potions or what not. It will be expensive, heh.
Aug 30, 2016 9:08 pm
Keleth says:
Naatkinson says:
Yah, I'm trying to hold true to my character (someone who doesn't want to fight, trying to stay more support), but I may slide and get some potions or what not. It will be expensive, heh.
Nah, I'll cut you a deal. Buy one for the price of two, get a second one free!
Aug 30, 2016 10:11 pm
Something about that deal seems fishy...
Sep 3, 2016 5:55 pm
So it looks like you're letting me mount Arkos in these narrow hallways. Will you let me wield a lance though?
Sep 3, 2016 6:07 pm
Arktos is suffering from the squeezing rules right now, and you will too if you mount him. Other than that, I don't care :-)
Sep 3, 2016 6:08 pm
-4 to melee attacks, right?
Sep 4, 2016 6:14 am
Quote:
Squeezing

In some cases, you may have to squeeze into or through an area that isn't as wide as the space you take up. You can squeeze through or into a space that is at least half as wide as your normal space. Each move into or through a narrow space counts as if it were 2 squares, and while squeezed in a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty to AC.

When a Large creature (which normally takes up 4 squares) squeezes into a space that's 1 square wide, the creature's miniature figure occupies 2 squares, centered on the line between the 2 squares. For a bigger creature, center the creature likewise in the area it squeezes into.

A creature can squeeze past a creature while moving but it can't end its movement in an occupied square.

To squeeze through or into a space less than half your space's width, you must use the Escape Artist skill. You can't attack while using Escape Artist to squeeze through or into a narrow space, you take a –4 penalty to AC, and you lose any Dexterity bonus to AC.
Sep 6, 2016 5:37 pm
Does the action economy allow me to break down the door, then charge in and attack once? Or how about I have Arktos break the door down and step aside, then I charge in and attack?
Sep 6, 2016 5:39 pm
Break down door: 1 action
Move to be adjacent with them: 1 actions
Attack: 1 action

Yep, sounds good to me!
Sep 6, 2016 5:44 pm
I'm thinking a charge instead of a simple move. Still doable?
Sep 6, 2016 6:16 pm
Charging is two actions, so it can still be done that way, but you have to be able to move at least 10 feet to benefit from it.
Sep 6, 2016 6:47 pm
Naatkinson says:
Inside the small room
Enough room for a charge?
Sep 6, 2016 6:48 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Inside the small room
Enough room for a charge?
Sure, why not? We'll say he's against the back wall :)
Sep 12, 2016 5:06 pm
Why is Urthask pulling his punches again? Tsuto is Ameiko's brother, right?
Sep 12, 2016 5:07 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Why is Urthask pulling his punches again? Tsuto is Ameiko's brother, right?
You are correct, sir!
Sep 12, 2016 5:56 pm
Yeah...Archie knows nothing about this. All he sees is a guy that was talking to a goblin who is trying to beat up his new half-orc buddy...and is probably responsible for the death of so many of his business associates today.
Sep 13, 2016 8:08 am
That makes sense. I'm only trying to recall why I'm dealing non-lethal, because the -4 on top of the cumulative -5 is pissing me off! :-D
Sep 14, 2016 12:30 am
Quote:
(13 damage total)
Huh. That brings Urthask down.

Timing is about right, because http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1260/?p=121880#p121880
Last edited September 14, 2016 12:33 am
Sep 14, 2016 5:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
If everyone could, please track your HP in your notes section of the character sheet :)
Urthask dropped to -4 after Tsuto went all Bruce Lee on his face.
Sep 14, 2016 5:23 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
If everyone could, please track your HP in your notes section of the character sheet :)
Urthask dropped to -4 after Tsuto went all Bruce Lee on his face.
Then you need to read up on the Dying Rules as well as the rules on stabilizing, just below that :)
Sep 14, 2016 5:24 pm
Naatkinson says:
Tsuto lashes out in response to the flaming attack, but his attack is again thwarted by Archibald's magical defenses.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7SS24_CgwEM/maxresdefault.jpg
Sep 14, 2016 5:24 pm
This round you have to make a DC 10 Constitution check with a penalty equal to your negative HP total (-4 now). If you fail the check, you lose an addition hit point and have to try again next round
Sep 14, 2016 5:29 pm
Naatkinson says:
This round you have to make a DC 10 Constitution check with a penalty equal to your negative HP total (-4 now). If you fail the check, you lose an addition hit point and have to try again next round
I thought that if he made the DC 10 Con check, he didn't lose the 1 HP. He only lost that 1 HP if he failed the check.

Plus, he's a half-orc. Don't they get one more round to fight after being reduced to below 0?
Sep 14, 2016 5:31 pm
irvanovich says:
Naatkinson says:
I thought that if he made the DC 10 Con check, he didn't lose the 1 HP. He only lost that 1 HP if he failed the check.

Plus, he's a half-orc. Don't they get one more round to fight after being reduced to below 0?
Yeah, like I said:
Quote:
If you fail the check...
lol :)

I think he gave up the Ferocity thing that lets him keep going
Sep 14, 2016 5:35 pm
Whoop! I misread. My bad. Nevermind the man behind the curtain.
Sep 14, 2016 6:01 pm
If I magically heal him, he's fine, right?
Sep 14, 2016 6:03 pm
Keleth says:
If I magically heal him, he's fine, right?
Correct, but you weren't there to see him go down, so unless someone shouts for you, you are blissfully unaware.
Sep 14, 2016 6:03 pm
Yes. Any magical healing makes him stable.
Sep 14, 2016 6:58 pm
Oops, used the incorrect modifier on Urthask's CON check but doesn’t matter as I rolled a 1 anyway. :-P
Sep 14, 2016 7:05 pm
Did Tsuto avoid my grapple? Did he escape, otherwise he takes a -2 on attack rolls and doesn't get attacks of opportunity.
Sep 14, 2016 7:07 pm
JoHoover says:
Did Tsuto avoid my grapple? Did he escape, otherwise he takes a -2 on attack rolls and doesn't get attacks of opportunity.
He's still in it, but I missed the part where it says no AoO's. My bad, but I have been applying the -2 to attack rolls, my dice have just been super amazing this battle.
Sep 14, 2016 7:10 pm
Damn, it seems like this grapple against a monk might have been a bad idea...
Sep 14, 2016 7:23 pm
Damn Jabes...did you take my dice this time or something?
Sep 24, 2016 7:59 pm
irvanovich says:
OOC:
Poor Jabes...leaves to go handle work stuff for a while, comes back to find we let his character just up and die... XD
Oh dear! Just stabilize him and drape him across Arktos' back. LOL!
Sep 24, 2016 8:46 pm
for some reason I thought we had stabilized you. I can come back in and use my heal kit if there isn't someone with heal abilities in that room.
Sep 28, 2016 10:02 pm
Did we lose our Keleth?
Sep 30, 2016 5:29 pm
I haven't seen or heard from him in a minute...hope everything's alright.
Sep 30, 2016 6:39 pm
I've seen him on twitter the last couple of days. He's been all up in the coding so I think he is in a different head space.
Sep 30, 2016 6:42 pm
Got it...makes sense.
Oct 4, 2016 3:51 pm
Calling all Keleths! Are any of you out there?

If you're still in, I'm more than happy to wait for you and run Malik as needed, but if you DO want out, it wouldn't be hard to phase you out at this point.

No pressure either way, just want to know what you want to do.
Oct 4, 2016 7:13 pm
I'm torn, because I like where things are going and I'm finally getting into a better headspace, but maybe it's better I step aside; play one game, run one game, and just focus on GP. And trying to get better. It's not fair to the other players that I'm not active.
Oct 4, 2016 7:17 pm
Keleth says:
I'm torn, because I like where things are going and I'm finally getting into a better headspace, but maybe it's better I step aside; play one game, run one game, and just focus on GP. And trying to get better. It's not fair to the other players that I'm not active.
Well, I have no problem running Malik as a passive character when you're not available. I know how life is, and things have a different effect on different people. Some people retreat from the world, some focus on their hobbies too much (that's me). I'm not in a very good headspace, myself, so I get where you're coming from.
Oct 4, 2016 7:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
... I'm not in a very good headspace, myself...
Ditto, my friends. It's getting better, but it's been one helluva uphill climb to get there.
Oct 4, 2016 7:21 pm
irvanovich says:
Naatkinson says:
Ditto, my friends. It's getting better, but it's been one helluva uphill climb to get there.
There was a huge upheaval in my marriage just over a month ago, and I still don't feel like I'm recovering from it, to be honest.
Oct 4, 2016 7:33 pm
Naatkinson says:
Some people retreat from the world, some focus on their hobbies too much (that's me)
OMG this is totally me as well! So my constant presence here tells you something. I feel for you if you're going through something, but on the flipside I won't lie: I'm glad to have found people like you who get me, and a "place" like this that I can retreat to!

Keleth, it wouldn't be fair either for you to do so much work for the site and not get to enjoy it as well! Whatever you decide we're behind you all the way, man!
Oct 4, 2016 7:35 pm
Naatkinson says:
irvanovich says:
Naatkinson says:
There was a huge upheaval in my marriage just over a month ago, and I still don't feel like I'm recovering from it, to be honest.
Damn, mate. I hate hearing that. Mine's more general anxieties that were exacerbated when some things went down after a wedding a month or so back, when a buddy drunkenly tried to help me by explaining some things to my very intoxicated wife.

When we left, she thought I wasn't happy in our marriage. I'm STILL playing damage control on that one...doesn't help that she has worse anxiety and depression than I do.
Oct 4, 2016 7:37 pm
Going to be honest, even though I don't know any of you in real life, I still consider you my good friends. Even got all of the "in jokes" to go with the title of friend. That's the reason I miss SpaceSeeker, I considered him a friend too and he went poof. We're here if you need something, or if you just need to vent. We get it!
Oct 4, 2016 7:40 pm
Naatkinson says:
Going to be honest, even though I don't know any of you in real life, I still consider you my good friends. Even got all of the "in jokes" to go with the title of friend. That's the reason I miss SpaceSeeker, I considered him a friend too and he went poof. We're here if you need something, or if you just need to vent. We get it!
This. This right here. I can't emphasize this enough.
Oct 12, 2016 11:09 pm
Given the contents of Tsuto's journal, Urthask will want to contact the authorities (the mayor, the sheriff, and *ahem* Shalelu) as soon as possible!
Oct 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Given the contents of Tsuto's journal, Urthask will want to contact the authorities (the mayor, the sheriff, and *ahem* Shalelu) as soon as possible!
They all left town! There are some guards left, but you're most of what the populace is depending on for defense.

And I'm sure that Urthask has no other motives for wanting to see Shalelu ;)
Oct 12, 2016 11:17 pm
Quote:
They all left town! There are some guards left, but you're most of what the populace is depending on for defense.
Forgot about that! :-D
Quote:
And I'm sure that Urthask has no other motives for wanting to see Shalelu ;)
*whistles innocently*
Oct 13, 2016 1:15 am
Naatkinson says:
Ahhhh! Trying to keep all of these campaigns straight is hard!
Too many games? :-D (said the pot to the kettle)
Oct 13, 2016 5:23 am
Wait... so everyone left town, leaving it defenseless... just, like, two days after a goblin raid?
Oct 13, 2016 12:56 pm
thedandyman says:
Wait... so everyone left town, leaving it defenseless... just, like, two days after a goblin raid?
Well, the Sheriff left to get aid from a neighboring town and the local ranger is scouting the goblins. They're only missing like 3 guards at the moment. You're just the most competent of the fighters in town.

Don't look at me, I didn't write the module! lol
Oct 14, 2016 4:51 am
Sorry guys, right as we get going with this interrogation I'm going hunting this weekend and won't have any internet access until late Sunday night. I will try to get on when I get home but might not be able to post until Monday morning.

BTW I have both knowledge local and intimidate as skills but apparently suck at rolling lately.
Oct 17, 2016 7:14 pm
I will be extremely busy the next three days. I may be able to make short posts now and then, but can't promise anything. Go ahead and move my characters along and roll for me if necessary. Thanks!
Oct 31, 2016 5:46 pm
"There's no reason for me to even consider making other types of Pellet Grenades...no no no...we're only level 2 at this point, so why would we need Cold Iron, Silver, or Adamantine? Regular old Fuse and Iron Pellet grenades will work just fine..."

...I shouldn't listen to myself...
Nov 1, 2016 7:11 pm
yeah not looking forward to that price tag on a cold iron warhammer... if he even has one.

BTW I'm working on my response to the guard should be up this afternoon maybe this evening. Sorry its a long story.
Last edited November 1, 2016 7:11 pm
Nov 2, 2016 2:07 am
After initially thinking of how cool it would be to have all these vows, and really liking the story reasons I came up with for him to have them... I find myself not being very fond of having to follow them :P it's hard to play a campaign in which I can't talk!

Also... as far as weapons not working well against our fiendish enemies, does that include fists? Because if that's the case, I'm gonna have to realllly work on coming up with a solution to that lol
Nov 2, 2016 1:56 pm
Aren't a monk's fists considered magical weapons?
Nov 2, 2016 2:28 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Aren't a monk's fists considered magical weapons?
At a certain level (3), yes. But sometimes just having a magical weapon doesn't bypass the DR conditions ;)
Nov 2, 2016 2:29 pm
thedandyman says:
After initially thinking of how cool it would be to have all these vows, and really liking the story reasons I came up with for him to have them... I find myself not being very fond of having to follow them :P it's hard to play a campaign in which I can't talk!

Also... as far as weapons not working well against our fiendish enemies, does that include fists? Because if that's the case, I'm gonna have to realllly work on coming up with a solution to that lol
Yep, fists count as a weapon for this purpose
Nov 2, 2016 4:33 pm
you might get lucky with the armorer having cold iron brass knuckles? That would still alow your "unarmed" condition.
Nov 2, 2016 4:43 pm
JoHoover says:
yeah not looking forward to that price tag on a cold iron warhammer... if he even has one.

BTW I'm working on my response to the guard should be up this afternoon maybe this evening. Sorry its a long story.
Archie has a few things he can trade...but I don't think it'll be quite enough to get everyone cold iron weapons...lol
Nov 2, 2016 4:51 pm
Also, I can make a Weapon Blanch that'll give you one hit to bypass DR...but it takes a full-round of fire to make it effective. :/
Nov 2, 2016 11:24 pm
Are there cold iron bolts? I doubt there's a cold iron staff, heh.
Nov 2, 2016 11:29 pm
Cold iron bolts are doable, yeah
Nov 3, 2016 1:27 pm
do magical weapons have the same effect as cold iron? how about a keen weapon? Still trying to figure out what the best way to go for damaging a demon.
Nov 3, 2016 1:41 pm
Damage Reduction in Pathfinder almost always has conditions to meet to bypass it. Some creatures are only bypassed by magic, some by silver, others by cold iron, etc. Sometimes there's more than one condition that can be used, sometimes not. So your +1 weapon may not do it, it may require specifically cold iron, but I'm not gonna say for 100% sure ;-)
Nov 3, 2016 1:41 pm
Unfortunately, no...not unless the demon has DR cold iron/magic...which they don't...

Though I wonder...can we get some Oil of Bless Weapon here in town?
Nov 3, 2016 8:41 pm
thedandyman says:
Yeah, not easy at all! You can always choose to break them ;)
irvanovich says:
Unfortunately, no...not unless the demon has DR cold iron/magic...which they don't...

Though I wonder...can we get some Oil of Bless Weapon here in town?
You can definitely try!
Nov 3, 2016 9:12 pm
Sorry, I keep falling asleep with my kids at night and am way behind on my recap.
Nov 3, 2016 10:42 pm
I feel your pain...
Nov 3, 2016 10:42 pm
As do I!
Nov 4, 2016 6:16 am
Posted, how do we want to split up the Tsuto loot?

a potion, a composite short bow, 20 arrows, a very nice looking ring (probably magical), masterwork thieve's tools, masterwork flute, silver earrings, a journal, 6 pouches of gold dust, 8 pouches of silver dust, and 10 pieces of platinum.
Nov 4, 2016 12:38 pm
Archie can use the masterwork thieves tools...right now I just have a set of common ones. Those are what I'm most interested in. I don't have a use for the gold and silver dust (that's more of a spell components than alchemical, I believe.)

An even split of the platinum would be awesome, too.
Nov 4, 2016 1:35 pm
I thought you could add silver dust to granades to make them potent against werewolves and such. or is that only chunks or scraps of silver. You should probably get the platinum to repay the cold iron purchases.
Nov 4, 2016 1:51 pm
You can also sell the silver and gold dust if you want to
Nov 4, 2016 3:25 pm
what would the sale price on the dust, flute and earrings be? I thought one of us did an appraisal check though i don't know if they passed it. And platinum is a 10:1 gold ratio isn't it?
Nov 4, 2016 3:34 pm
JoHoover says:
what would the sale price on the dust, flute and earrings be? I thought one of us did an appraisal check though i don't know if they passed it. And platinum is a 10:1 gold ratio isn't it?
Masterwork flute can be sold for 50 gp, earrings for 25 gp, gold dust is 50 gp each, silver dust is 5 gp each. Yes, you are correct on the value of platinum.
Nov 4, 2016 4:18 pm
OK so we have another 415 gold split 5 ways is 83 each. Not sure if Xandak can take his share though because of his vows. if we only split it 4 ways its 103 each. Xandak I'm sure will get a gift from the group at some point. :-)

Does the platinum cover the cost of all the cold iron purchases that Archibald made?
Nov 4, 2016 4:21 pm
JoHoover says:
Does the platinum cover the cost of all the cold iron purchases that Archibald made?
Almost. He spent 130 gold on everything, I believe
Nov 4, 2016 6:19 pm
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Almost. He spent 130 gold on everything, I believe
Well some of the items were for him as well so...
Nov 4, 2016 6:30 pm
JoHoover says:
I thought you could add silver dust to granades to make them potent against werewolves and such. or is that only chunks or scraps of silver. You should probably get the platinum to repay the cold iron purchases.
It's chunks of silver, though I suppose I could use my lab to melt the dust and make the pellets necessary for some Silver grenades...I didn't think about that.

Archie spent about 250 GP on himself, buying up the scrap cold iron he needed to turn his Pellet Grenades into five Cold Iron Pellet Grenades. He feels a little screwed at the moment, because he could get that much just selling 5 of them to merchants, but accepts it as a cost of doing business at the last minute.

Next time, though, he'll go through his dwarven suppliers. At least they don't try to fleece him for all that he's worth...only half of what he's worth ;).
Nov 8, 2016 9:07 pm
So we have 415 gold plus Gongar has 56 he can contribute to the wand purchase. That leaves us 204 shy, unless I'm forgetting loot from the goblins or the patronage of the rich guy we saved can't remember his name.
Nov 8, 2016 9:12 pm
If we're still short, Archie has a few things he can give someone to sell while he's working on his grenades. It'll almost literally tap me out, but I kept them for a rainy day.
Nov 8, 2016 9:13 pm
Could we add a loot tracker as a thread so we don't have to split it up and we can have a party loot area?
Nov 8, 2016 9:18 pm
JoHoover says:
Could we add a loot tracker as a thread so we don't have to split it up and we can have a party loot area?
I'll let one of you make the thread, so that way you can update it yourselves :)
Nov 9, 2016 4:25 pm
Guys, I wanted to just take a moment and bask in the glory that is our game has officially past the 1000 post mark!!
Nov 9, 2016 4:26 pm
JoHoover says:
Guys, I wanted to just take a moment and bask in the glory that is our game has officially past the 1000 post mark!!
Hooray! It had slowed down BAD for a while there, but it's back up and running now for sure!
Nov 9, 2016 6:54 pm
Woot! Cake for everyone! :-D
Nov 9, 2016 7:18 pm
...why am I hearing GLADoS right now?
Nov 9, 2016 7:19 pm
irvanovich says:
...why am I hearing GLADoS right now?
...Next boss fight incoming...
Nov 10, 2016 4:05 pm
Ya know, Vow of Poverty just doesn't pack the same wallop that it did in 3.5. You give up magic items and weapons, basically live on the street, and you get a bonus ki point added to your pool every level.

Guess I shouldn't complain too much, when you factor in just how busted it was in 3.5. It definitely needed a good nerfing, but not to the extent that it happened. :)
Nov 10, 2016 4:25 pm
None of the vows are as flavorful or fun as they were before. Some of them were badly broken, granted, but they kinda suck now.
Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm
To top it all off, Vow of Celibacy (or Chastity, whatever) is a whole lot more strict now. In 3.5, it was just "no sexual contact". It was the easiest vow to fulfill, in my opinion, which made it one of the weakest. In PF, you have to "shun all pleasurable contact", and can't even share a room with someone. You can't even get a Cure Light Wounds spell from a Cleric, and only get 1 ki point every 5 levels? Ridiculous.
Nov 10, 2016 4:41 pm
irvanovich says:
To top it all off, Vow of Celibacy (or Chastity, whatever) is a whole lot more strict now. In 3.5, it was just "no sexual contact". It was the easiest vow to fulfill, in my opinion, which made it one of the weakest. In PF, you have to "shun all pleasurable contact", and can't even share a room with someone. You can't even get a Cure Light Wounds spell from a Cleric, and only get 1 ki point every 5 levels? Ridiculous.
Terrible... Perhaps I will GM in some extra benefits for our monk if he is able to keep to his vows?
Nov 15, 2016 4:39 am
Thankfully, Xandak hasn't taken a vow of celibacy. I'm not that much of a masochist hahaha

Also, after looking at the rules for vows a little bit more, I'm not seeing anything about fulfilling a vow, just rules for breaking a vow. Not sure how we would want to treat that. I figured large story milestones could be good points for Xandak to consider one of his vows "fulfilled", as his vows aren't life-long commitment but temporary punishment for his mistakes, like an atonement. Saving the city from an assault by hundreds of Goblins might certainly meet that requirement, although at the moment, he's not feeling very self-improved. He failed to land a single hit on Tsuto!

Poverty would probably be the first to go, as I'm sure Xandak will eventually realize that he cannot face every single challenge in his life with just his pure physical ability... but I don't want to let it go so soon that I don't get an extra ki point or two out of it first hahaha

Decisions, decisions....
Last edited November 15, 2016 4:40 am
Nov 15, 2016 4:44 am
thedandyman says:
Thankfully, Xandak hasn't taken a vow of celibacy. I'm not that much of a masochist hahaha

Also, after looking at the rules for vows a little bit more, I'm not seeing anything about fulfilling a vow, just rules for breaking a vow. Not sure how we would want to treat that. I figured large story milestones could be good points for Xandak to consider one of his vows "fulfilled", as his vows aren't life-long commitment but temporary punishment for his mistakes, like an atonement. Saving the city from an assault by hundreds of Goblins might certainly meet that requirement, although at the moment, he's not feeling very self-improved. He failed to land a single hit on Tsuto!

Poverty would probably be the first to go, as I'm sure Xandak will eventually realize that he cannot face every single challenge in his life with just his pure physical ability... but I don't want to let it go so soon that I don't get an extra ki point or two out of it first hahaha

Decisions, decisions....
Well, clearing the underside of the Glassworks could certainly qualify, especially since he's probably going to use the sword that Archie got him. Perhaps he will realize at that point that some things in the world can't be handled without assistance.

Either way, once he's broken the vow, he loses all of the ki points that he gained from it.
Nov 15, 2016 12:50 pm
If it were me, I would get rid of the silence first. Being unable to communicate with the majority of the party is a big hurdle, and you don't get nearly as much ki for it.

Poverty is at least workable...especially if you look into opening chakras once you get ki.
Last edited November 15, 2016 12:54 pm
Nov 15, 2016 1:38 pm
I think those vows are awesome from an RP perspective. Whether they're "worth it" is entirely up to you. I think you've been doing a great job roleplaying them, though it does help that Gongar is around to interpret.
Nov 15, 2016 6:13 pm
Naatkinson says:
Either way, once he's broken the vow, he loses all of the ki points that he gained from it.
So there's no way I could stop following a vow without giving up all the ki points I had accumulated by following it through my previous levels?

Also, if we waited until I hit level 7 to go after those demons in the basement, my fists can be treated as cold iron for the purposes of Damage Reduction.... So Xandak COULD learn to fight completely in his own strength... just not for a long time lol
Last edited November 15, 2016 6:17 pm
Nov 15, 2016 6:16 pm
Quote:
A monk can discipline his body to hold more ki by upholding the strict tenets of a vow. By adhering to his vow’s tenets, the monk’s ki pool increases by the amount listed in the vow’s description. Every vow comes with a penalty or limitation to offset this increase in ki. A monk can take a vow at any level, but it does not add to his ki pool until he gains a ki pool as a class feature. The ability to take these vows replaces the still mind class feature, even if the monk abandons all his vows.

If a monk knowingly and willingly breaks his vow, his ki pool is reduced to 0 (as if he had spent all of his ki points) and he cannot replenish his pool or use abilities that require ki or a ki pool until he has redeemed himself. Redemption requires a recommitment to his vow accompanied by an atonement spell. After the redemption, the monk’s normal ki pool (without the bonus from the vow) returns. If he upholds the previously broken vow for a full month, his ki pool regains the additional points from taking the vow, and he can decide whether to continue with his vow or forgo his vow without penalty. Once a monk forgoes a vow in this fashion, she can never gain a ki point bonus from that vow.

A monk may have multiple vows. Their effects and increase to his ki pool stack. If a monk violates a vow, he suffers the loss of ki described above; redemption means the monk regains the extra ki from his unbroken vows, but the extra ki from the broken vow does not return until he finishes the month-long commitment (in effect, violating one vow does not have an effect on the other vows once the monk redeems himself).
OOC:
Technically, breaking a vow removes all of your Ki points until you renew it and atone. I'd bypass that in the case of you fulfilling the vow instead. I might even allow you to keep one extra ki point per vow fulfilled, just as a reward for good RP
Nov 15, 2016 8:10 pm
Naat is so meta, using the OOC tag in the OOC forum.

So meta.

Anyways, on topic: I'm certain that, between all of us, we could come up with some sort of pretty cool thing if Xandak decided he'd keep the vows. Maybe an AC bonus or something like that?

For each sacred vow a monk possesses, he gains a +1/4 sacred bonus to AC per level. ...or something like that?
Nov 15, 2016 8:18 pm
Honestly, I could allow him to use the Automatic Bonus Progression (or something similar) variant rule I thought about using earlier. But only so long as he holds on to all three of his vows.
Nov 15, 2016 8:31 pm
So per the rules then, it looks like I could keep any extra ki points by breaking the vow, then getting an atonement spell, going through redemption for a month, and then forgoing the vow. Seems like a complicated way to drop a vow :P

Also, I hadn't seen any of that stuff about chakras... that might be worth looking into, although it does seem a tad complex.
Nov 15, 2016 8:50 pm
thedandyman says:
So per the rules then, it looks like I could keep any extra ki points by breaking the vow, then getting an atonement spell, going through redemption for a month, and then forgoing the vow. Seems like a complicated way to drop a vow :P

Also, I hadn't seen any of that stuff about chakras... that might be worth looking into, although it does seem a tad complex.
Hrm...as written, you could keep the points after going through such a process. However, that seems a little over the top...that's something that would definitely be open to GM interpretation.

Chakras are...interesting. They require a crap-ton of ki to use effectively, but there are feats that'll help with it.
Nov 15, 2016 8:56 pm
That's kind of the conclusion I'm coming to about chakras. I just don't know how one could get enough ki points to use them effectively; at least not until much higher levels.
Nov 15, 2016 9:27 pm
To build an effective chakra user, you'd have to take Psychic Sensitivity at 3rd level...which would give you the ability to use certain skill unlocks right now, but would overall be useless. At Level 4, you'd have access to the Root and Sacral Chakras...assuming a Wisdom of 13, you'd have DR 2/-- for about 5 rounds, or the ability to basically leap tall buildings in a single bound for six rounds. You get access to a new chakra with every even level, up to 14 when you get the Crown chakra. You have to open them in order, and you have to maintain them with a fortitude save before trying to open the next one with a will save.

At level 5, you take Chakra Initiate, which gives you 3 "serpentfire" ki points specifically for the opening and maintenance of chakra. Take Extra Ki at level 7 for the bonus 2 there, and Chakra Adept at level 9 for another "serpentfire" point, plus all the bonus points from your three vows (assuming you kept them, that'd be 9 from poverty, 1 from truth, 1 from silence), and assuming your level 4 or level 8 ability increase went to Wisdom, you'd effectively have 21 rounds of chakra time to play with.

At level 9, you'd effectively be a secondary healer, with the Heart Chakra stuff...healing a minimum of 9 HP worth of damage and getting rid of conditions to boot. At level 15, take Chakra Master to get another "serpentfire" ki point, and gain the ability to use up to three chakras at once. Profit from the ridiculous amount of ki you've earned by having three friggin' vows. (Assuming all three ability bumps go into Wisdom, that'd put your regular ki at 32 and your serpent fire at 5). Become mother effin' Goku.

...sorry. I've been thinking about this a lot lately...actually laying out the numbers and doing the math for it makes it look insane.
Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm
It really makes me think of Rock Lee and Maito Gai from Naruto. I am almost totally convinced that's where they got the idea from.
Nov 23, 2016 3:18 pm
I'm leaving to visit family tonight for thanksgiving so I won't be able to post until I get back on Saturday. Sorry if I miss some action while I'm gone.
Nov 27, 2016 5:49 pm
I hope everyone had a good Turkey day!
Nov 29, 2016 8:57 pm
How big is this room?
Nov 29, 2016 8:58 pm
25 feet deep and 20 feet wide, approximately
Dec 1, 2016 2:52 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Xandak, Urthask, Malik, Archie?
A little meta: The +2 to attack granted to Urthask's allies by his Distracting Charge is only good until he acts again, so I'm waiting til everyone has gone. Only Malik and Xandak left now I think.
Dec 6, 2016 1:17 am
Naatkinson says:
The door opens easily, revealing a hallway that goes 15 feet north before turning left and going another 30 feet west, then turns right and continues north. There is a passage going east from here, about 10 feet down the tunnel, as well as a room with two side passages (east and west) and a door on the north side.

http://i.imgur.com/iaMrpDf.png
So no visible hostiles between B2 and B3? What's the tunnel like here? Doesn't look like natural rock anymore.
Dec 7, 2016 12:41 am
No visible hostiles, and it is now a worked tunnel, not natural.
Dec 12, 2016 8:12 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Urthask and Arktos charge, but have to slow down a bit to navigate the narrow stairs and make it to the top of the stairs.
OOC:
Well, you're in range now, but couldn't take the charge action. You still have one action left if you'd like to attack something. The Wrathspawn and the quasit are both in range.
OOC:
Hi! Sorry, I don't get it. They're too far away so we ran out of movement to complete a charge. How can they now be in range for a melee attack?

Edit: Oops! Anticipating a discussion, and not wanting to clutter the game thread, I meant to post this in the OOC thread but goofed up!
You can't take the charge action because it requires a straight path to the enemy with no difficult terrain. You didn't meet those requirements :)
Dec 12, 2016 8:20 pm
Ah! *facepalm* I get it now! Thanks! So I did have enough movement to get me there but it's a normal attack and not a charge? So Arktos and Urthask can each make 1 attack?
Dec 12, 2016 8:45 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Ah! *facepalm* I get it now! Thanks! So I did have enough movement to get me there but it's a normal attack and not a charge? So Arktos and Urthask can each make 1 attack?
Correct :)
Dec 14, 2016 10:01 pm
Can I get close enough this first round to try a trip attack on the spawn? or am I still to far away?
Dec 14, 2016 10:22 pm
You'd still be slightly too far away to reach the spawn, though if you have some sort of throwing weapon, you could do that!
Dec 17, 2016 1:47 am
The quasit is in range for Urthask to make a full attack?
Dec 17, 2016 1:51 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
The quasit is in range for Urthask to make a full attack?
Yes sir!
Dec 17, 2016 2:33 am
What is the penalty again for each subsequent attack? -2?

How about Arktos making his 3 natural attacks? Penalties on those as well? What if Arktos wants to grapple and pin the wrathspawn instead?

Thanks!
Last edited December 17, 2016 2:37 am
Dec 17, 2016 2:40 am
Each extra attack takes a -5 for weapon attacks.

Arktos can use all three of his actions for the round to make all of his natural attacks at their normal rolls.

Grapple will provoke an AoO unless you have Improved Grapple feat
Quote:
Initiate a Grapple (Attack; 2 Acts): You initiate a grapple against a creature within your melee reach.

Continue a Grapple (2 Acts): You continue a grapple. If you initiated the grapple, you must either take this action at the start of each subsequent turn or end the grapple as a free action. When you take this action, you attempt a grapple combat maneuver check with a +5 bonus. If you're successful, you can either move, deal damage to, or pin the creature you are grappling. Alternatively, you can attempt to tie up the creature with a rope.

Tie Up a Grappled or Pinned Creature: If you have a rope in your hands, and you are grappling or pinning a foe, you can attempt a grapple combat maneuver check at a –10 penalty to tie up that foe. If you're successful, the ropes pin the creature until they are removed or the pinned foe succeeds at a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check (DC = 20 + your CMB).
Dec 17, 2016 2:41 am
Gonna be honest, I hate grappling in PF, it's so complicated at times!
Dec 17, 2016 3:46 am
Quote:
Gonna be honest, I hate grappling in PF, it's so complicated at times!
Yeah same here TBH.
Dec 18, 2016 5:59 am
So sorry for my absence! December is a busy month in my line of work (Janitor here! You would not believe how many christmas parties people can throw in one building within the span of a week.) I had hoped to be a bit more active, but it's looking like that may not be the case, at least for the foreseeable holiday season. I will do my best to get on as often as I can, but Xandak may be a little slow for the next few weeks. I have not abandoned the quest!
Dec 18, 2016 6:08 am
Eh... before I can post, I need to know how attacking with this sword will work. Do I need some kind of proficiency to be able to use it without penalty? Are the modifiers for it the same as my fists?
Dec 18, 2016 7:01 am
thedandyman says:
Eh... before I can post, I need to know how attacking with this sword will work. Do I need some kind of proficiency to be able to use it without penalty? Are the modifiers for it the same as my fists?
Well, it's a martial weapon, which monks aren't proficient in, so you'll take a - 4 to your attack rolls. It is a Monk weapon though, so you can use flurry of blows with it.
Dec 19, 2016 2:55 am
-4... yikes. Is there a way to go about gaining proficiency later on?
Dec 19, 2016 3:24 am
Martial weapon proficiency feat :-)
Dec 19, 2016 6:20 am
Got it. One more question: looking at this weapons list on d20pfsrd, it's got two columns for damage on each weapon: Dmg (S) and Dmg (M). What does that mean?
Dec 19, 2016 1:47 pm
That's damage for Small (S) and Medium (M) creatures. You'll use the damage listed in the (M) column, as you are a medium sized creature :)
Dec 19, 2016 8:27 pm
oh, sweet!

... except that means I used the wrong dice for my attack rolls lol I'll get it right next time!

Also:
Naatkinson says:
[ooc]You rested before you came down here, but that would only have healed 2 HP, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're not at max HP!
Does resting not heal full HP?
Last edited December 19, 2016 8:27 pm
Dec 19, 2016 8:32 pm
OH! Just caught this in the unchained monk description:
Quote:
Monks are proficient with the club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, handaxe, javelin, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, short sword, shortspear, shuriken, siangham, sling, spear, and any weapon with the monk special weapon quality.
the 9-ring broadsword is a monk weapon, so I don't have a -4 on that sword after all, right?
Last edited December 19, 2016 8:33 pm
Dec 19, 2016 8:39 pm
thedandyman says:
OH! Just caught this in the unchained monk description:
Quote:
Monks are proficient with the club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, handaxe, javelin, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, short sword, shortspear, shuriken, siangham, sling, spear, and any weapon with the monk special weapon quality.
the 9-ring broadsword is a monk weapon, so I don't have a -4 on that sword after all, right?
Wow! That's different that the original monk class, so I missed it. You are correct, sir!
Dec 23, 2016 5:18 am
thedandyman says:
oh, sweet!

... except that means I used the wrong dice for my attack rolls lol I'll get it right next time!

Also:
Naatkinson says:
[ooc]You rested before you came down here, but that would only have healed 2 HP, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're not at max HP!
Does resting not heal full HP?
Resting heals an amount of HP equal to your character's level.

Sorry, didn't even see this question.

Gonna give Xandak til morning to take his round and then I'm gonna do it for him :)
Dec 23, 2016 6:06 am
Sorry I disappeared again. Crazy week at work + GP work.
Jan 20, 2017 7:22 am
Hi, all! I've fallen ill and my doctor says I should take the weekend off from work but that sure as heck isn't happening as I have two wedding cakes to finish! So I can't guarantee any posts. If I survive the weekend I'll get back to posting Sunday evening (that's Sunday morning for most of you). Nate, please feel free to move Urthask and Arktos forward. Thanks!

He's worried about the heavily-wounded bear and wonders what he should do. If there's combat he'll dismount and have the bear hang back.
Jan 23, 2017 4:53 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
What's your next step at this point?

You're in B13 at this point
Map
Moving on, I suppose. I honestly don't know what my options are regarding Arktos. I'd forgotten that non-magical healing is much slower in PF than in 5th Ed!
Jan 25, 2017 10:36 pm
We should check out those two little side rooms while we're still here, and then back track to B3
Jan 25, 2017 10:55 pm
Just to save time, the side rooms are empty lol
Jan 25, 2017 11:05 pm
Ah. well, back to B3 it is, then.
Jan 26, 2017 8:45 pm
We have a Wand of CLW?! Shouldn't have sent Arktos away then LOL! Oh well, it's my fault for forgetting. I'll just have to play this Beast Rider Cavalier without a mount.
Jan 26, 2017 8:58 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
We have a Wand of CLW?! Shouldn't have sent Arktos away then LOL! Oh well, it's my fault for forgetting. I'll just have to play this Beast Rider Cavalier without a mount.
Well, regardless of healing, Daire needed to be taken out.
Jan 26, 2017 9:32 pm
Quote:
Yeah I thought he was going to die.
Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Me too! I had to let Archie's rolls count for something, though.

To be honest, it was really my way of taking him out of the party, since Fatenori is gone.
Jan 26, 2017 9:36 pm
Quote:
To be honest, it was really my way of taking him out of the party, since Fatenori is gone.
I realized that but of course none of the PC's knew that! So they tried to save him! Just goes to show the caliber of roleplayers we've got here! :-D
Last edited January 26, 2017 9:39 pm
Jan 26, 2017 10:11 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Me too! I had to let Archie's rolls count for something, though.

Potential cohort, anyone?
Jan 26, 2017 10:15 pm
Archie has the highest Charisma ;)
Jan 27, 2017 1:05 pm
Well now, that's just terrifying.
Jan 27, 2017 1:53 pm
apparently we aren't a pretty bunch :-P
Feb 1, 2017 2:21 pm
Please forgive me for asking this question. We've been playing for a while and I feel like I should know this by now.

3 actions per round, right? So I can Charge (2 actions) and Attack (1 action). Now, a Charge already includes an attack. So this means I can hit twice?

http://s19.postimg.org/70ixect1v/Ae6_Tffk.png
Feb 1, 2017 2:43 pm
Correct, but the second attack will take the -5 penalty for extra attacks in a round
Feb 1, 2017 2:56 pm
I had debated just taking the platform down completely, but thought this might be more fun
Feb 1, 2017 3:05 pm
It IS more fun! I just have shit memory. :-P
Feb 1, 2017 3:19 pm
Part of me was almost hoping the whole thing would fall. Would have made things very interesting indeed!
Feb 1, 2017 3:40 pm
It might still collapse when the half-orcs charges onto it!
Feb 1, 2017 4:21 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
It might still collapse when the half-orcs charges onto it!
*whistles innocently*
Feb 3, 2017 1:37 pm
thedandyman says:
... I want to do something cool and also probably really stupid...
Famous last words of any player. Rednecks have "Hold my beer," gamers have "This is really stupid, but it's gonna be cool..."
Feb 3, 2017 1:39 pm
I hope Xandak pulls it off because I think it's way cool! :-D
Feb 3, 2017 4:29 pm
That was amazing! Cutting the dudes arm off. Savage!
Feb 3, 2017 4:32 pm
JoHoover says:
That was amazing! Cutting the dudes arm off. Savage!
If he would have rolled a bit better on damage and killed it, it would have been even more amazing. As it is now, I don't think it's getting up this round lol

Totally earned that Hero Point
Feb 3, 2017 6:13 pm
I thought Xandak performed his Legolas naneuver on the spawn below, not the one on the platform. Seems I misunderstood?
Feb 3, 2017 6:15 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I thought Xandak performed his Legolas naneuver on the spawn below, not the one on the platform. Seems I misunderstood?
No, you got it. Is there something in my description that reads differently?
Feb 3, 2017 6:17 pm
Quote:
W1 is prone down below and has taken 8 damage
W2 is prone underneath Xandak and has taken 16 damage and is missing its right arm.
Does this mean both spawns are now down below?
Feb 3, 2017 6:25 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
W1 is prone down below and has taken 8 damage
W2 is prone underneath Xandak and has taken 16 damage and is missing its right arm.
Does this mean both spawns are now down below?
Yes:
Quote:
The wrathspawn still up top loses its footing and falls backward off the platform, landing next to its companion.
in that post
Feb 3, 2017 6:28 pm
*facepalm* I seem to be missing the plot a lot today! Sorry about that! Thanks!
Feb 3, 2017 9:51 pm
...the dice like me right now. I'm scared.
Last edited February 3, 2017 9:52 pm
Feb 3, 2017 9:52 pm
irvanovich says:
...the dice like me right now. I'm scared.
Well, Lawrence is paying for it in my other game lol

The balance is restored!
Feb 4, 2017 6:43 am
Naatkinson says:
If he would have rolled a bit better on damage and killed it, it would have been even more amazing.
On 2d6+4 (which is a max of 16)... I rolled 9. Stupid one's....

Still, it accomplished the main goal, which was to look awesome. Win!

Also, Jabes - since you intentionally jumped off the platform I believe that means the first 10 feet of falling damage is non-lethal
Feb 4, 2017 10:27 am
Quote:
Also, Jabes - since you intentionally jumped off the platform I believe that means the first 10 feet of falling damage is non-lethal
It was only 1 point but thanks.

I intentionally skipped the Acrobatics roll because Urthask just went for it without trying to be graceful or precise. He just saw a target and recklessly took the shirtest route. Unfortunately he missed LOL!

How should I mark non-lethal damage on my sheet? I normally just have HP: 12/20
Last edited February 4, 2017 10:30 am
Feb 13, 2017 5:22 am
Will be up to my neck in work for the next 48 hrs.
Feb 14, 2017 5:54 pm
This mutagen stuff will be the death of me...YAY WISDOM PENALTIES!
Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm
thedandyman says:
irvanovich says:
"I believe I can take care of four with my remaining bombs...but from then on I'll be running strictly on Holy Water and grenades,"
OOC:
Maybe you could combine those two things... make some kind of.... holy hand grenade?

:D
Insert groan here.

Well played :D
Feb 17, 2017 2:32 am
I don't think I ever mentioned it here, but I have pretty much just stopped giving XP altogether. You'll just end up leveling when I tell you lol
Feb 17, 2017 2:09 pm
Probably happen faster that way ;-P
Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm
Yeah I prefer milestone advancement anyhow.
Feb 17, 2017 2:27 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I never used to, but I've found that it works MUCH better lol
Feb 17, 2017 2:35 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I never used to, but I've found that it works MUCH better lol
For PbP, it's infinitely better than trying to keep track of everyone's XP. I still prefer to give out experience in my IRL games.
Feb 22, 2017 7:10 pm
Ok, so Malik is going to be leaving this game, as Keleth just doesn't have the time to keep up on it. Should I advertise for another player or should I just hand out wands of Cure Light Wounds like candy?
Feb 22, 2017 7:27 pm
Archie's got some UMD, so he can make use of the wands if you decide to go that route. I can also start reserving some slots for Infused CLW extracts, if necessary.

Up to you, but Archie can be a pretend healer for a while if we need him to.
Feb 22, 2017 10:20 pm
I think it would be nice to have a dedicated healer but our party of 4 is definitely working well, so I would be fine with an increased consumable drop rate. Or just gold to buy them ;-)
Mar 3, 2017 4:08 pm
I updated the loot tracking forum with the identified magical items and the GP values.

does anyone want to claim any of the items? I'm wondering if no one wants the wand of shocking grasp if I could trade it in for a suit of banded mail.
Mar 3, 2017 4:15 pm
If I did the math right, it's worth about 450 GP, before applying FMV. Archie would love the wand, but he also knows that keeping Gongar from injury helps save his hide ;)
Mar 3, 2017 4:26 pm
I wasn't sure if you wanted the masterwork dagger or the wand. Wasn't sure if you wanted to get that close to the action. you are more than welcome to have it. I calculated the price as (a 50 charge lvl 1 wand is 750 gold this has 28 charges left so 750/50*28=420) Maybe I forgot to add material components or something that would bring the price up...
Mar 3, 2017 4:31 pm
Nope. You're right. I just had a numerical dyslexia moment and goofed up.

Archie isn't a fan of getting into the action...not until he's buffed himself immensely with his mutagen and extracts. Even then, he prefers to hang back and toss bombs and alchemical weapons, so sell those suckers. Sell the scroll of Burning Hands, too, since we don't have a Malik anymore. I'll have plenty of attack extracts soon enough.
Mar 3, 2017 6:53 pm
Hey Naatkinson, I realize I probably should have asked before putting GP values on the items that we have acquired. sorry for that overstep, I was just really excited to see if I could afford some banded mail. Ill try and contain my vendor pricing in the future.
Mar 3, 2017 6:56 pm
No worries, I'm usually pretty consistent with giving the book values for things. If you ever make an assumption that's wrong, I'll just go ahead and correct it :)
Mar 9, 2017 7:24 pm
OK, so I have marked down selling the masterwork weapons, the wand and the scroll. I didn't mark the +1 sword as sold since it might come in handy if no one besides me wants to purchase anything. Do we need another wand of cure light wounds or can we borrow the one from Malik. I put a skill point in use magic item so I could carry one if needed though my checks might not be all that great.

Does anyone want anything before we start into the cave?

I've upgraded to banded mail so I'm a bit more tanky. Also do we get another feat at 3rd lvl? I didn't take one if we do.
Mar 9, 2017 7:27 pm
Yes, a feat is available at every odd level.

Also, Malik will freely give you the wand, but I have NOT been tracking its uses...
Mar 9, 2017 7:30 pm
OK, Ill go back through some time today and total up the number of times it was used. I think it was only a couple. I'll also grab my next feat!
Mar 9, 2017 7:33 pm
I've got a rank in UMD, so I can use a wand myself if need be.
Mar 9, 2017 7:34 pm
...and I wouldn't argue with more holy water or other splash weapons. Kinda my thing...lol
Mar 9, 2017 7:39 pm
I'm seeing Archie's level listed as two still. I'm not sure if he was never leveled up or if you just forgot to update the level.

I also want to make sure that everyone picked their level 3 feat?
Mar 9, 2017 7:50 pm
Naatkinson says:
I'm seeing Archie's level listed as two still. I'm not sure if he was never leveled up or if you just forgot to update the level.

I also want to make sure that everyone picked their level 3 feat?
I just didn't change the level number. Will do that shortly
Mar 10, 2017 3:10 pm
JoHoover says:
OK, so I have marked down selling the masterwork weapons, the wand and the scroll. I didn't mark the +1 sword as sold since it might come in handy if no one besides me wants to purchase anything. Do we need another wand of cure light wounds or can we borrow the one from Malik. I put a skill point in use magic item so I could carry one if needed though my checks might not be all that great.

Does anyone want anything before we start into the cave?

I've upgraded to banded mail so I'm a bit more tanky. Also do we get another feat at 3rd lvl? I didn't take one if we do.
Thinking about it, Archie could probably do with some better armor, too. If there's enough gold available, I wouldn't say no to a chain shirt and a few flasks of acid.
Mar 10, 2017 4:17 pm
irvanovich says:
Thinking about it, Archie could probably do with some better armor, too. If there's enough gold available, I wouldn't say no to a chain shirt and a few flasks of acid.
We definitely have enough gold, I'll have Gongar pick them up for you. Do you want to trade in your current armor or keep it?
Mar 10, 2017 4:22 pm
Definitely trade in the leather armor. Let's get about 4 flasks of acid and a chain shirt.
Mar 10, 2017 5:05 pm
irvanovich says:
Definitely trade in the leather armor. Let's get about 4 flasks of acid and a chain shirt.
You got it.

anyone else want Gongar to pick up anything? I think I'm going to add a potion of cure light wounds for each of us to carry just in case we can't get to people with the wand. Do you guys think a couple of protection from evil potions would be worth it?

Protection from Evil
Last edited March 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Mar 10, 2017 5:07 pm
I'd like to upgrade armor too at some later point when more funds are available. Currently using scale mail.
Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm
I think at least one potion of PfE per PC would be worth it...if nothing else, see if the Illustrious GM will allow us to grab a Wand of PfE.
Mar 10, 2017 7:44 pm
A wand would be a great idea and we could definitely sell the +1 longsword for the funds if its OK with Naatkinson. I would prefer a want to potions since I think there is going to be alot of little evils in the caves. And Ill pick up a suit of Banded mail for Urthask as well for you Jabes.
Mar 10, 2017 7:56 pm
What you sell is up to you :)
Mar 10, 2017 7:59 pm
It always worries me when a GM says something like that with a smiley face at the end.
Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm
That is a bit concerning. Naatkinson, would we be able to find the wand and other supplies?
Mar 10, 2017 8:22 pm
Anything below ~10,000 gold should be easily found in town. If it's something cheaper that's really obscure, then ask for sure
Mar 10, 2017 8:29 pm
OK so for my Shopping list

Chain Shirt (Archibald) 150 gp
4 Acid flasks (Archibald) 40 gp
Banded Mail (Urthask) 250 gp
Banded Mail (Gongar) 250 gp
4 Potions CLW (1 each) 200 gp
Wand of Protection from Evil (Archibald or Gongar) 750 gp

For a total of 1640 gp
Mar 10, 2017 8:32 pm
JoHoover says:
OK so for my Shopping list

Chain Shirt (Archibald) 150 gp
4 Acid flasks (Archibald) 40 gp
Banded Mail (Urthask) 250 gp
Banded Mail (Gongar) 250 gp
4 Potions CLW (1 each) 200 gp
Wand of Protection from Evil (Archibald or Gongar) 750 gp

For a total of 1640 gp
Looks good :)
Mar 11, 2017 2:04 am
OOC:
Any modifiers to that HP regained (I thought you added your con or something too)? Or is just 1 HP per level?
Mar 11, 2017 2:20 am
RAW says 1 HP per level
Mar 11, 2017 2:37 am
when we lvled up do we get those points as well or do we just increase our max HP but need to rest up to that point?
Mar 11, 2017 2:53 am
Was wondering that too.
Mar 11, 2017 3:27 am
I always allow you the hp your roll to be added to max and current
Mar 11, 2017 3:48 am
Sorry about this, guys, I should've thought of it earlier: I think I would prefer to purchase medium barding for Arktos rather than new armor for Urthask - or can we afford both?
Mar 11, 2017 10:36 am
We could afford studded leather (+3) but not Scale mail (+5). We need 91 gp more for the Scale.
Mar 11, 2017 12:50 pm
JoHoover says:
We could afford studded leather (+3) but not Scale mail (+5). We need 91 gp more for the Scale.
Just to clarify: this would be studded leather barding for Arktos and Urthask keeps his old scale mail, correct?
Mar 11, 2017 12:53 pm
If you want barding for a great bear, you will have to get that specially made, as they don't have it laying around. It will cost the standard amount for barding, though
Mar 11, 2017 1:15 pm
Would Hosk be able to do it? And in time? Maybe this is best left for later.
Mar 11, 2017 1:29 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Would Hosk be able to do it? And in time? Maybe this is best left for later.
Hosk can do it. He'll have to make adjustments to some standard horse barding, probably adding a bit to it as well to accommodate the girth of the bear, but it could be done by the following morning.
Mar 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
JoHoover says:
Just to clarify: this would be studded leather barding for Arktos and Urthask keeps his old scale mail, correct?
That's correct, but if Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Mar 11, 2017 4:24 pm
JoHoover says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
JoHoover says:
That's correct, but if Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Hosk would totally be willing to take payments from Urthask!
Mar 12, 2017 1:34 am
JoHoover says:
If Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Was thinking the same. Let's do that. I wonder if Hosk would accept the commission with just promises instead of a deposit? That way Urthask could purchase his armor now (or rather, Gongar comes bearing gifts in the morning as already posted) and we can do for Arktos later. I'll just have to be a bit more careful - Arktos nearly died last time.
Mar 12, 2017 1:39 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
JoHoover says:
If Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Was thinking the same. Let's do that. I wonder if Hosk would accept the commission with just promises instead of a deposit? That way Urthask could purchase his armor now (or rather, Gongar comes bearing gifts in the morning as already posted) and we can do for Arktos later. I'll just have to be a bit more careful - Arktos nearly died last time.
Better go ask him ;-)
Mar 12, 2017 1:48 am
Next question if for RP purposes: Did Gongar sell Urthask's scale mail to buy the banded mail? Did he sneak into Urthask's room and take it? :-D
Mar 12, 2017 6:23 am
Urthask can't afford full barding yet so in the meantime how about a plastic bucket helmet for the mighty Arktos? :-D Check it out.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-09/25/10/campaign_images/webdr03/this-polar-bear-loves-to-wear-a-bucket-on-her-head-2-25437-1443190571-1_dblbig.jpg
Mar 12, 2017 9:17 am
I figured you would have handed it over the night before so I could take it with the pile of gear, though I didn't really put it in the post.

I saw that bear video on facebook and thought of you too!
Mar 13, 2017 3:56 pm
Naatkinson says:
"Scale?" he asks, then takes a moment to think, "Yeah, I think that's a good choice. Good balance between protection and mobility."

He begins counting on his fingers, then gets a piece of paper out, writing down an order request, "Sounds good, but I don't have anything right now. Could probably be done by tomorrow morning. Priority orders for old friends, you know?" he says with a wink, "And maybe a nice little discount too. How's 80 gold sound to you?"
OOC:
That's 20% off!
I hate to say it but shouldn't scale barding be 200 gp? I thought barding was 4x the cost of the armor type. Awesome that Hosk is giving Urthask a 20% discount though!
Mar 13, 2017 3:58 pm
My bad, I mixed up the weight and cost! I'll correct it
Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm
We don't currently have 160gp lying around, do we?
Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm
No, we have 109 gp currently.
Mar 13, 2017 4:48 pm
On a different note, this is what I see every time Naat says "you didn't find any traps..."
Mar 13, 2017 4:53 pm
thats awesome Irvanovich!
Mar 13, 2017 4:55 pm
JoHoover says:
No, we have 109 gp currently.
Well it look like Hosk is going to let Arktos have the barding on credit. :-)
irvanovich says:
On a different note, this is what I see every time Naat says "you didn't find any traps..."
LOL! I played a rogue in a 3.5E campaign that stretched on for 10 years so yeah I feel this! :-D
Last edited March 13, 2017 5:02 pm
Mar 15, 2017 2:14 pm
Another hectic weekend at work + I'm coming down with something. Probably won't be hearing from me til Sunday.
Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm
Dang you Irvanovich, you snuck your post in before me. I'm trying to figure out how to edit my to be in line with the way you started the convo.
Mar 15, 2017 4:57 pm
Ninja gnome strikes again!
Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm
irvanovich says:
Ninja gnome strikes again!
...Now that I think about it, a Ninja gnome sounds like it'd be amusing as hell to play.

BRB, gonna build one with point buy...
Mar 28, 2017 8:41 pm
Dear Lord, I've been so lazy with my games on here and I've come to regret it... It's taking me a lot of work, but I am working on a timeline for the game thus far, to keep all of the events in perspective.
Mar 28, 2017 9:06 pm
I'm behind on my Crows timeline and I can't seem to find any extra time to work on it. I still need to go back and see how many charges were used on Maliks wand :-(
Mar 29, 2017 7:10 pm
Well, at one point, I had almost closed the game down. Now I'm glad that I didn't! Seems like the game is starting to ramp back up :)
Mar 29, 2017 7:36 pm
I'm having a great time so lets keep this train rolling.
Mar 29, 2017 8:44 pm
Me too...alchemist's are fun, and I'm looking forward to blowing up a few gobbos.
Mar 29, 2017 8:49 pm
irvanovich says:
Me too...alchemist's are fun, and I'm looking forward to blowing up a few gobbos.
My first PF character was a Bladebound Magus/Alchemist gestalt combo. It. Was. GLORIOUS.
Apr 2, 2017 5:29 pm
Posted on April 1st ;)
Apr 2, 2017 5:32 pm
Of course! :-D Just look at that book title! LOL!
Apr 2, 2017 5:44 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Of course! :-D Just look at that book title! LOL!
Hey, the TTRPG industry has produced some truly stupid products over the years, so you can never tell!
Apr 3, 2017 12:35 am
The advanced beginners guide... aka Pathfinder for Dummies
Apr 3, 2017 4:48 pm
Ah, are you trying to find the best way to the area of the coast under the glassworks or just the best way to the coast?
Apr 3, 2017 4:49 pm
The best way to the area of the coast under the glassworks, through that little smuggling passage we found.
Apr 3, 2017 4:56 pm
Those are MILES away from here, far to the west (about 6 miles)
Apr 4, 2017 7:07 pm
Wow... I'm working on the timeline right now and just realized that we started this game over one year ago and are just on day 7 of actual in-game time. At the rate we're currently going, it'll take about 5-6 more YEARs to complete this adventure!
Apr 4, 2017 7:21 pm
PbP isn't for those that require instant gratification.
Apr 4, 2017 7:26 pm
JoHoover says:
Sure it is! You just have to be in 20+ games to get it :P
Apr 4, 2017 7:46 pm
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Valid Point! I do have to say, I'm waiting for another pathfinder game to open up since I have a bit more time at work to check I need more gratification.
Apr 4, 2017 7:55 pm
JoHoover says:
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Valid Point! I do have to say, I'm waiting for another pathfinder game to open up since I have a bit more time at work to check I need more gratification.
Oh lord, don't tempt me to start another game!
Apr 4, 2017 8:23 pm
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Oh lord, don't tempt me to start another game!
Oh, please don't. I'm most active in your games, and I don't need another distraction in my life...

You should totally do it...
Last edited April 4, 2017 8:24 pm
Apr 5, 2017 2:04 pm
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Hear, hear! :-D
Apr 5, 2017 6:26 pm
JoHoover says:
No kidding.

For the longest time I was part of a zelda rpg forum and it would take years to get through a dungeon or even a handful of encounters. Even at the height of it's activity (I'm talking like 20-25 players and several moderators) it still took us a year and a half to complete one of the big milestone boss events.

I still post over there every now and then and the response rate is incredibly slow - there's only like two or three other people that ever bother to check it out any more and they're all super busy so sometimes we'll only get through one or two rounds in a month.
Last edited April 5, 2017 7:47 pm
Apr 13, 2017 7:05 pm
"Shut up the dogs"

"Well, they'll know we're here anyways when I do...but OK..."

*BOOM* ..."That certainly shut them up..."
Apr 13, 2017 7:39 pm
I figure it was a damned if we do damned if we don't situation. At least now we don't have to worry about dogs attacking us while we are all tangled up.
Apr 13, 2017 7:44 pm
Oh, I agree...
Apr 13, 2017 8:27 pm
Quote:
Urthask's Reflex save - (1d20+1)
( 9 ) + 1 = 10
Arktos' Reflex save - (1d20+5)
( 20 ) + 5 = 25
Urthask's Strength Check to break free - (1d20+4)
( 9 ) + 4 = 13
So how does this work? Urthask is entangled (and takes damage), but Arktos is not. Urthask tries to break free and fails (and takes damage). Can Arktos attempt to break his master free by just making a run for it and taking Urthask with him?
Apr 13, 2017 8:29 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Urthask's Reflex save - (1d20+1)
( 9 ) + 1 = 10
Arktos' Reflex save - (1d20+5)
( 20 ) + 5 = 25
Urthask's Strength Check to break free - (1d20+4)
( 9 ) + 4 = 13
So how does this work? Urthask is entangled (and takes damage), but Arktos is not. Urthask tries to break free and fails (and takes damage). Can Arktos attempt to break his master free by just making a run for it and taking Urthask with him?
Is Urthask actually tied into the saddle? If so, then Arktos can attempt to pull free, otherwise it'll be the strength check from Urthask. If Arktos decides to move, then he does so alone
Apr 13, 2017 8:39 pm
Not tied, I don't think so. It's a military saddle.
Apr 13, 2017 8:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Not tied, I don't think so. It's a military saddle.
Then you're not tied down as far as I can tell, so Urthask must struggle alone.
Apr 19, 2017 9:36 pm
thedandyman, we're gonna die...lol
Apr 19, 2017 9:42 pm
irvanovich says:
thedandyman, we're gonna die...lol
Have some faith in goblin engineering ;-P
Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm
...on the one hand, goblins are snoring, easy peasy. As long as they are as puny as the other goblins, I can take out the sleepers no problem...but I'll put the rest on high alert.

...on the other hand, I only have three bombs left before I have to delve into grenades...

Decisions, decisions...
Apr 21, 2017 2:07 am
Going to be out of town starting tomorrow until late Sunday. Chances are that regular posting will not resume until Monday.
Apr 21, 2017 7:14 am
As posted in the Absences thread:
Quote:
Just an early heads up: Gonna be mostly off-grid from Sunday to Wednesday. Please note that I am in the GMT+8 timezone. GM's feel free to move my characters along then. Cheers!
Apr 28, 2017 8:05 am
Hi everyone! Sorry for the extended absence. That was my first vacation in years! I'm back now, and looking forward to slowly getting caught up with all my games. Cheers!
Apr 30, 2017 6:18 am
If Urthask were to ride this horse would he benefit from his cavalier abilities? Obviously they don't have the same bond yet that Urthask has with Arktos.
Last edited April 30, 2017 6:19 am
May 1, 2017 3:30 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
If Urthask were to ride this horse would he benefit from his cavalier abilities? Obviously they don't have the same bond yet that Urthask has with Arktos.
You should gain the benefits of all abilities that don't refer to the cavalier's specific mount. If it just says "While Mounted..." you should benefit from it still.
May 5, 2017 5:27 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"Rabbits? What do they need rabbits for, I wonder? Food?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLQRjWH7Akk
May 5, 2017 1:14 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"Rabbits? What do they need rabbits for, I wonder? Food?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLQRjWH7Akk
He doesn't need any more ideas, Jabes...
May 5, 2017 4:52 pm
You mean to tell me Archie hasn't got a bandoleer full of Holy Hand Grenades?!
May 5, 2017 5:23 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
You mean to tell me Archie hasn't got a bandoleer full of Holy Hand Grenades?!
I thought very strongly about trying to build some for this mission...I really, really did...
May 5, 2017 6:16 pm
Beware the bunnies; they are caged for a reason!
May 5, 2017 6:55 pm
Well, I'm in the same boat as you, Naat. Just got laid off.
May 5, 2017 7:01 pm
irvanovich says:
Oh not cool! :-(
May 5, 2017 7:16 pm
irvanovich says:
Dude that sucks. :-{
May 6, 2017 3:27 am
JoHoover says:
irvanovich says:
Dude that sucks. :-{
I've been expecting it, to be honest. We lost a major contact due to another company coming in and undercutting us, and there just wasn't enough work to go around.

Still blows
May 11, 2017 5:07 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'm already chest-deep in preps for Mother's Day weekend, which is traditionally an extremely busy time at the cake shop. I'll still pop up here and there but will be unreliable at best. So if I start holding things up please go ahead and move my PC's along. Thanks!
May 22, 2017 5:40 pm
Irvanovich, we haven't seen you in a while. Everything going OK?
May 22, 2017 8:28 pm
JoHoover says:
Irvanovich, we haven't seen you in a while. Everything going OK?
I'm in the same boat as Naat, as far as getting laid off...plus I have the added bonus of getting into a wreck on Thursday...my brain's been a bit scrambled.

I'll try to make a post today as to what Archie is up to...my screen time is about to be cut out a lot, as my doctor wants me to get plenty of mental and physical rest :/

(save me, I'm going to go insane...)
May 22, 2017 10:11 pm
irvanovich says:
I'm in the same boat as Naat, as far as getting laid off...plus I have the added bonus of getting into a wreck on Thursday...my brain's been a bit scrambled.

I'll try to make a post today as to what Archie is up to...my screen time is about to be cut out a lot, as my doctor wants me to get plenty of mental and physical rest :/

(save me, I'm going to go insane...)
I hate how life always seems to pile on when things head south. Glad to hear from you even though it's not the best news. Get yourself well and we will keep Archi alive for you ;-P
Jun 8, 2017 2:20 am
Sorry for the unexpected absence, guys. Apparently, I didn't subscribe to this game...so I've been responding to other games, but not this one. I'm a gonna fix this right now, now that I have a somewhat functioning computer again.

My brain's almost back up to snuff, so maybe I can actually make halfway decent IC posts again. :/
Jun 11, 2017 1:00 am
Waiting for someone to open the door so I can charge through on horseback.

Did Urthask also hear the goblin voices that Xandak did?
Jun 11, 2017 3:47 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Waiting for someone to open the door so I can charge through on horseback.

Did Urthask also hear the goblin voices that Xandak did?
Nope :-)
Jun 11, 2017 4:02 pm
The same here...I'm waiting for someone to tell me there are gobbos on the other side, so I can blow 'em up.
Jun 24, 2017 9:53 am
Tacked a Ride check onto my post in an attempt to negate the gecko's hit on the horse, but the check failed. This is the first time I've remembered to use Mounted Combat! Might've helped Arktos before.

Guys, don't forget, anyone attacking Ripnugget gets a +1 bonus from Urthask's Challenge. :-)
Quote:
Whenever an Order of the Bear beast rider issues a challenge, his allies receive a +1 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of his challenge whenever he is threatening the target. Challenging a foe requires much of the cavalier’s concentration. The cavalier takes a –2 penalty to his Armor Class, except against attacks made by the target of his challenge.
Speaking of Challenge, I forgot to deal Urthask's bonus damage (a whopping 3 points!) against Ripnugget.
Jun 28, 2017 9:18 pm
Do I have to make a skill check to use the wand of cure light wounds? or can I just use it on Urthask? I put a skill point in it when we leveled up but I've never used that mechanic without being a spellcaster.
Jun 29, 2017 9:31 pm
Sorry guys. Was dealing with some personal crap this week. Trying to get back in the swing of things now.
Jun 30, 2017 4:43 pm
irvanovich says:
Sorry guys. Was dealing with some personal crap this week. Trying to get back in the swing of things now.
Hopefully everything turned out ok. Glad your back into it!
Jun 30, 2017 5:05 pm
JoHoover says:
Do I have to make a skill check to use the wand of cure light wounds? or can I just use it on Urthask? I put a skill point in it when we leveled up but I've never used that mechanic without being a spellcaster.
Sorry I never answered this. I don't think you need to make a skill check for it
Jul 4, 2017 5:30 pm
Quote:
a magical short sword (Small size, +1), a masterwork breastplate (Small size), a dented crown, a keyring, a potion of Cure Light Wounds, a wand of Silent Image (5 charges), three small short swords, three small studded leathers, a shortbow, 20 arrows, a whip, and 20 gp.
So, who wants what? Xandak can't carry it lol
Jul 4, 2017 5:35 pm
Urthask could use the potion of CLW. :-)
Jul 14, 2017 3:25 pm
Ok, so I'm going to switch things back to the normal action economy. I find it to be much easier, and I know most, if not all of you understand it. I'm also going to seek out a couple of new players, I think. This game could use some new blood.
Jul 14, 2017 5:18 pm
That will definitely give Gongar an advantage with the dual wield feats he's taken. I think a new player or two would work out well for us. Has anyone given you the word that they are dropping out or just the summer inconsistency?
Jul 14, 2017 5:19 pm
JoHoover says:
That will definitely give Gongar an advantage with the dual wield feats he's taken. I think a new player or two would work out well for us. Has anyone given you the word that they are dropping out or just the summer inconsistency?
Irvan has had some issues come up in real life, so he's on hiatus. That leaves us with you, Jabes, and thedandyman
Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm
It also leaves us without a healer or trapfinder
Jul 14, 2017 5:28 pm
I was wondering if Irvan was going to be able to continue with us. And now moving back to standard economy with make have a healer and some kind of rogue type more essential.
Jul 14, 2017 5:46 pm
I made a mistake... I put you down the wrong set of stairs. My apologies. I'm going to wipe a few posts and try again...
Jul 15, 2017 7:27 pm
For the new people, be sure to check out the House Rules thread. There ain't much in there, but it's worth peeking at.
Jul 16, 2017 1:18 am
Looks great. I'm very excited to play! I'm 1/3 the way through the story so far, and it's so well done (by all of you).

Please forgive any mistakes I make. I've been learning a lot from Phil, but still have trouble with the nuances of the rules.
Jul 16, 2017 2:27 am
Naatkinson says:
For the new people, be sure to check out the House Rules thread. There ain't much in there, but it's worth peeking at.
@Naatkinson, I think some of the discussion.explanations there have to do with the alternate action economy but you said you were switching us to standard action economy IIRC.
Jul 16, 2017 2:32 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
@Naatkinson, I think some of the discussion.explanations there have to do with the alternate action economy but you said you were switching us to standard action economy IIRC.
That's correct. It's worth noting that you only really have to pay attention to the first post in the thread as it has everything you need in it already.
Jul 20, 2017 1:21 am
HypCo, is your name a play on the song Rico Suave? I've been thinking so since you submitted him, but keep forgetting to ask.
Jul 20, 2017 1:29 am
HAHAHA, bulls-eye, it is most definitely a play on it! You're pretty good at spotting my pop-culture based names.
Jul 20, 2017 1:42 am
HypCo says:
HAHAHA, bulls-eye, it is most definitely a play on it! You're pretty good at spotting my pop-culture based names.
Have I done that before? Lol, I don't remember!

Edit: Oh wait! I did it with Mario!
Jul 20, 2017 1:45 am
I believe you were the one who spotted Mryio.

How 'bout this one? Let's see how good you really are.
Jul 20, 2017 2:06 am
Not sure, the only things I can think of are Hanzo and Musashi!
Jul 20, 2017 2:20 am
It's only one person. This one is a bit more subtle as he goes by a different name, that a good amount of people know.
Jul 24, 2017 6:39 pm
Hoo boy. Sorry for the inactivity, ya'll. Work has been crazy. This is the last week of my second/summer job, though, so I should have some more time in the near future. I will, however, be going out of town for a much-needed vacation next week starting this friday, and ending in a little over two weeks on August 14. I won't have any computer access. I may be able to check in via my phone every now and then, but I don't know how active I will be. After I get back I promise to do my best to stay on top of things here!
Last edited July 24, 2017 6:55 pm
Jul 27, 2017 2:06 am
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
You've come nowhere near to clearing the place. I'd give you maybe 35-40% of the whole dungeon :P
Oh. LOL! We dragging the prisoner along the whole way then?
Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm
I just got a promotion, which officially starts on 8/22, but I have been swamped with preparatory stuff. I am trying to keep up with all of my games, but I ask that you be patient with me during the transition.
Aug 18, 2017 5:45 am
Naatkinson says:
I just got a promotion, which officially starts on 8/22, but I have been swamped with preparatory stuff. I am trying to keep up with all of my games, but I ask that you be patient with me during the transition.
No worries! Take all the time you need; you've been plenty patient with us ;)
Aug 29, 2017 2:15 pm
Quote:
Next 4 days will be hectic at the cake shop. My posting ability may suffer.
Sep 3, 2017 8:54 pm
If you still have room, I'd love to return and start catching up again. :)
Sep 4, 2017 1:06 am
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. We were all talking, and then the bugbear bursts in. What door is Urthask supposed to break down, and why? Obviously I am missing something important.

Hey @irvanovich! Good to hear from you again! I, for one, would love to have Archie back! Bring Arktos with you hehe!
Sep 5, 2017 12:05 am
The bugbear ran back into the room he came from and closed the door.
Sep 5, 2017 12:32 am
See, I knew that I missed something! :-D Thanks!
Sep 5, 2017 8:42 pm
Okay, so, we swapped back over to the normal action economy, yeah? Which means Flurry of Blows becomes a full-round action and I can only make one attack on my turn if I move more than 5 feet?
Sep 5, 2017 9:17 pm
thedandyman says:
Okay, so, we swapped back over to the normal action economy, yeah? Which means Flurry of Blows becomes a full-round action and I can only make one attack on my turn if I move more than 5 feet?
Exactly!
Sep 11, 2017 1:29 am
... I'm sorry, guys...I didn't mean to bring a TPK with me when I came back...
Sep 11, 2017 1:45 am
irvanovich says:
... I'm sorry, guys...I didn't mean to bring a TPK with me when I came back...
Most of it has to to with bad rolls!
Sep 11, 2017 3:39 am
I forget, are we using hero points in this game? Because now would be a fine time for Xandak to use some hero points...
Sep 11, 2017 12:38 pm
irvanovich says:
I forget, are we using hero points in this game? Because now would be a fine time for Xandak to use some hero points...
We actually are not using Hero Points. Amusingly enough, I did grant Xandak one a while back if he wants to use it for anything.
Sep 11, 2017 3:53 pm
My Lord... these rolls... make them stop!
Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm
Naatkinson says:
My Lord... these rolls... make them stop!
This combat has been probably the worst rolls I've seen in a really long time.
Sep 11, 2017 4:29 pm
I think, currently, Ryco is the only one with healing capabilities so I'll wait to see the outcome of Shadow's turn before weighing my options.
Sep 11, 2017 7:35 pm
Yyyyyeeeeaaaah I'm not very well versed in Pathfinder rules at all, but I'm preeeetty sure I'm 100% dead lol
Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm
The first attack put me at 3 HP. The second put me at -26. My con score is 13.

I'm super dead.

I don't know exactly how one uses hero points, but I think it's probably outside the realm of their normal use to bring a dead guy back to life?
Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm
That was a pretty vicious crit...lol
Sep 11, 2017 7:47 pm
thedandyman says:
The first attack put me at 3 HP. The second put me at -26. My con score is 13.

I'm super dead.

I don't know exactly how one uses hero points, but I think it's probably outside the realm of their normal use to bring a dead guy back to life?
If you had two, then you could avoid death, but that's as far as they go. So, I'm not sure what you want to do from here...

Can make a new character, possibly known to Archie, who accompanies the gnome back when he returns with Arktos.

Can wait and see if they resurrect you.

Can do ...? Something else?
Sep 11, 2017 7:56 pm
Archie would be happy to bring a buddy (or buddies, looking at these rolls, lol) back with him.
Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm
....also I'm just now noticing that monks can attempt Stunning Strike more than once a day and very much regretting not doing that on my turn.
Sep 12, 2017 7:32 am
Depending on how this goes I may end up needing a new character too.
Sep 12, 2017 11:13 am
irvanovich says:
OOC:
If you're in Melee when you cast a spell, you need to cast defensively in the hopes of not getting an attack of opportunity against you.
Is this flavor talk or actually a thing? I'm still really new to pathfinder.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Depending on how this goes I may end up needing a new character too.
What are you at, -7? If I read it correctly, healing in pathfinder works if you're at -5 and I heal you +4, you'll be at -1. Is this correct?
Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am
PRD says:
To cast a spell, you must concentrate. If something interrupts your concentration while you're casting, you must make a concentration check or lose the spell. When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type. Clerics, druids, and rangers add their Wisdom modifier. Bards, paladins, and sorcerers add their Charisma modifier. Finally, wizards add their Intelligence modifier. The more distracting the interruption and the higher the level of the spell you are trying to cast, the higher the DC (see Table: Concentration Check DCs). If you fail the check, you lose the spell just as if you had cast it to no effect.
Basically, when you cast your spell, roll a concentration check. To cast defensively, the DC is 15+double the spell level, so for Cure Light Wounds, it's a DC 17 check. As a bard, your Concentration check is 1d20+Level+Charisma modifier.

If you pass the Concentration check, you don't take an attack of opportunity and you successfully cast the spell. If you fail, you provide an AoO sand lose the spell.

Alternatively, you can stay out of Melee range for a round and cast the spell while holding the charge, then deliver the spell the next round without provoking any attacks of opportunity.

Also, if you were to heal Urthask (currently at -7 HP), but only manage to heal 4 hp, he would stop dying. He'd still be at -3 HP and unconscious, but any sort of magical healing will stabilize him :)
Last edited September 12, 2017 11:33 am
Sep 12, 2017 11:32 am
[ +- ] holding a charge
[ +- ] stable characters and recovery
Sep 12, 2017 11:45 am
Got it, thank you. Just to see if healing is required right this second or not, Urthask has Con 14, meaning he still has a bit of ways to go before dying completely, sans any attention to him. Correct?
Sep 12, 2017 11:50 am
As long as he's ignored, yes. He still has 7 rounds of seeing the light before he dies.
Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm
Good to know, I think in that case, I'm leaning more towards making him leave melee and hope the dice work in our favor for once. Would it only be Gongar and Shalelu getting OA's or does it not apply to Shalelu since she is range in melee?

Eh, thinking about it, I think that is my only option. I don't want to heal Urthask and risk healing him to positive, making him a threat again with a lot lower HP.
Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm
Well, the bugbear only has 4 hp left. If you have ANYTHING that will do damage, just throw it! :P
Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm
Ryco uses a d4 and has a -2 str modifier, I can't kill a beetle if I wanted to.
Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
HypCo says:
Ryco uses a d4 and has a -2 str modifier, I can't kill a beetle if I wanted to.
You need to get a bow of some kind. No str penalty!

As far as Attacks of Opportunity... if the bugbear ran away, only Gongar would get one. Shalelu isn't in melee, so she don't count. But he won't run, because the room behind him has no other exits!
Sep 12, 2017 1:10 pm
Of some kind? Is that a LUTE BOW I hear?

Also, now that that gut-wrenching battle is done:
[ +- ] Xandak
I have to give a standing ovation or something for this masterpiece.
Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm
HypCo says:
Of some kind? Is that a LUTE BOW I hear?

[ +- ] Xandak
That was a fantastic post! Xandak, ye will be missed!
Sep 12, 2017 2:07 pm
[ +- ] Urthask
...Ryco and Shalelu need to work together to make Urthask as uncomfortable as possible from now on.

Also, I second the standing ovation on Xandak's final scene. Bravo!
Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm
HypCo says:
[ +- ] Xandak
Hear, hear!!! I'm going to miss Xandak, too. I really liked the way dandyman played him - particularly, that vow of silence must've been tough!
Last edited September 12, 2017 2:13 pm
Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm
Dandyman is a prime example of why I love being in Naat's games. The roleplay is always phenomenal.
Sep 12, 2017 2:38 pm
I feel super bad for killing him, but I don't like to fudge rolls. It seems to cheapen the whole experience, I think
Sep 12, 2017 2:46 pm
I always feel bad when a PC dies in one of my games, unless they do something incredibly stupid.

Most of the time, if death is inevitable, I do it in a way that makes the death heroic and epic. As death scenes go, this was fantastic.
Sep 12, 2017 3:16 pm
its always so brutal when you get enemy crits like that. Especially at our lvl its just so hard to survive if your not at full hit points.

I have to say though that death scene got me all choked up.
Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm
JoHoover says:
its always so brutal when you get enemy crits like that. Especially at our lvl its just so hard to survive if your not at full hit points.
The scary thing is that he WAS at full hit points... :(
JoHoover says:
Same here... Poor Xandak will never get his vengeance
Sep 13, 2017 6:04 am
HypCo says:
Naatkinson says:
That was a fantastic post! Xandak, ye will be missed!
irvanovich says:
I second the standing ovation on Xandak's final scene. Bravo!
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Hear, hear!!! I'm going to miss Xandak, too. I really liked the way dandyman played him
JoHoover says:
Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week ;)
...Xandak won't, but I will....

Anyway! I knew the first time Xandak spoke would be a really great story moment, so I was saving it for something good. Other vows might have been ditched sooner rather than later, but silence was one I wanted to keep for a while. It was tough to do, especially in a play-by-post setting (I feel like I relied a little too much on Gongar to be my personal translator), but I think it made him a unique and memorable character, so I'm glad I stuck with it. I just wasn't expecting to come upon his "first words" moment so soon, or for this particular reason...
The monk class is fun, and I kinda wish I'd had a little more time to explore it, but whaddaya gonna do? When the dice speak, you obey. I agree about fudging rolls; what's the point of deciding things with rolls if you ignore the roll and do what you want when it's crucial?
Naatkinson says:
The scary thing is that he WAS at full hit points... :(
Technically, I think I was down one whole hit point. Not that it would have mattered in this case. lol
Naatkinson says:
Poor Xandak will never get his vengeance
If Gongar doesn't know Xandak's full history, I'm sure Sabyl would be able to fill in the party members, since Xandak grew up there in her and her father's care. Perhaps the party will run into those raiding giants sometime in the future and fulfill his vows for him?
Sep 13, 2017 9:03 am
Second what everyone has said...well done!

We'll get those giants. But maybe level up a bit first...
Sep 13, 2017 1:14 pm
marithyme says:
Second what everyone has said...well done!

We'll get those giants. But maybe level up a bit first...
...and maybe throw in a sacrifice or three to RNGsus. Those rolls, man...
Sep 17, 2017 1:05 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Will be working virtually nonstop over the next 48hrs. Will not be logging into GP at all for the duration.
Whew that was rough! Turned out to be more like 60hrs. But I'm back and eager to get caught up! :-)
Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm
Jabes, I have a solution for dragging Arktos around in dungeons! Get a wand of Reduce Animal!
Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm
Could you ride a medium bear? That seems like a great idea if its possible.
Sep 20, 2017 3:36 pm
JoHoover says:
Could you ride a medium bear? That seems like a great idea if its possible.
He can't but he could at least take him into the place with him! Unless he also reduces himself to compensate!

I'm a genius!
Sep 21, 2017 2:24 am
Archie gets two wands: Reduce Animal and Reduce Person. Problem solved!

... Or just a wand of Reduce Animal, and then he rides Arktos into battle... Either way is fine with me.
Sep 26, 2017 1:19 am
HypCo, can I just say that I absolutely love Ryco right now?
Sep 26, 2017 3:02 pm
Once thedandyman's new character is submitted, we will work on getting him and Archie back to the dungeon
Sep 27, 2017 5:02 am
If Archie had the money, he'd totally buy that wand to help Arktos get across the bridge.
Sep 29, 2017 5:13 am
irvanovich says:
HypCo, can I just say that I absolutely love Ryco right now?
A little late but thanks irvanovich, he has definitely has been an interesting character to play. You might want to watch using the word 'love' around him though; might wind up with a couple unwanted bedside visits from him.
Oct 1, 2017 8:17 pm
What is it with people adopting monstrous races in your games, Naat? Lawrence adopted a kobold (I miss Meepo...), Shadow is adopting a bunch of goblins...
Oct 1, 2017 10:15 pm
irvanovich says:
What is it with people adopting monstrous races in your games, Naat? Lawrence adopted a kobold (I miss Meepo...), Shadow is adopting a bunch of goblins...
I'm really not sure! It seems to be mostly a Pathfinder thing, though lol
Oct 19, 2017 10:01 pm
I have FINALLY started doing the job that I got promoted to before. Previous to this, it's all been slow-paced training and being a mentor to new people. I am FAR busier now than before, so my posting will decrease a massive amount :(

I will do my best to keep up with the games that I am in, but please be understanding if I am a bit slow!
Nov 28, 2017 9:53 pm
Sorry for the delays. Had a big job come up, then thanksgiving, then a good friend and mentor of mine passed away over the weekend and I've been dealing with that. I know I've got some more big jobs coming up, but I'll try and get in at least a couple replies a week if I can.
Nov 28, 2017 10:13 pm
thedandyman says:
Sorry for the delays. Had a big job come up, then thanksgiving, then a good friend and mentor of mine passed away over the weekend and I've been dealing with that. I know I've got some more big jobs coming up, but I'll try and get in at least a couple replies a week if I can.
I'm really sorry to hear that :(

No worries on missing a bit of time, we'll still be here when things even out for you!
Dec 12, 2017 8:48 pm
This is from a Paizo FAQ and I think it supports my argument against the shaken effect from being affected by Protection from Evil.
Quote:
Q. Protection From Evil: Does this work against all charm and compulsion effects? Or just against charm and compulsion effects where the caster is able to exercise control over the target, such as charm person, command, and dominate person (and thus not effects like sleep or confusion, as the caster does not have ongoing influence or puppet-like control of the target)?

A. The latter interpretation is correct: protection from evil only works on charm and compulsion effects where the caster is able to exercise control over the target, such as command, charm person, and dominate person; it doesn't work on sleep or confusion. (Sleep is a border case for this issue, but the designers feel that "this spell overrides your brain's sleep centers" is different enough than "this spell overrides your resistance to commands from others.")
Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am
Thanks, Nate! Will send Urthask's action (shaken, not stirred) as soon as I can.

By the way, I know I've asked this a million times but just to clarify, we're back to standard action economy so even with a full action Urthask is only attacking once per round unless he tries that ill-advised dual-wield strike again with Shaken and TWF penalties, correct?
Dec 13, 2017 1:42 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Thanks, Nate! Will send Urthask's action (shaken, not stirred) as soon as I can.

By the way, I know I've asked this a million times but just to clarify, we're back to standard action economy so even with a full action Urthask is only attacking once per round unless he tries that ill-advised dual-wield strike again with Shaken and TWF penalties, correct?
Correct!
Dec 22, 2017 6:05 am
Just so you all know, I'll be visiting family in indiana from the 23-29, and their internet is notoriously slow, so don't expect much activity from me then. Feel free to move Sal along if my inactivity holds up the group!
Mar 8, 2018 3:47 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"I will ride ahead if necessary. I but hesitate to leave you in this place." Urthask speaks to the group but his eyes flicker towards Shalelu.
Dang it! With the party locations, I don't think Ryco would of seen this.
Mar 8, 2018 4:14 pm
I don't think Ryco needs any more fuel to stock the fires between Urthask and Shalelu.
Mar 8, 2018 5:00 pm
But the fire of love can always burn higher!
Mar 8, 2018 9:48 pm
I totally did that scene with Shalelu teasing Urthask as only a joke at first, but I'm finding it to be far too amusing to let it go now!
Mar 20, 2018 5:13 pm
How do you want to go about this, Naat? It seems there is a potential tug of war going on with Nualia.
Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am
As posted to the Absences Thread:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Going on a trip March 25-29. Posting will be spotty, and the game I DM will take priority over the two-dozen or so other games I'm involved in.
Mar 23, 2018 1:44 pm
HypCo says:
How do you want to go about this, Naat? It seems there is a potential tug of war going on with Nualia.
Seems like that was solved rather quickly :P
Apr 17, 2018 3:29 pm
Going on vacation from April 18th to April 26th. Prep will be going on beforehand, and then rest and unpacking when I get back, so I probably won't be consistent from now until the 30th or so!
May 15, 2018 7:39 pm
I'm sorry for the delay on this! Between work and character creation for a couple of other games, I've fallen a bit behind! I will hopefully have a post up sometime tonight :)
May 16, 2018 1:43 am
I should probably mention: I'm in the process of moving to another state! The official move is this weekend, but I'm gonna be pretty busy this whole week and probably the next week or two as well. Not sure if or when I will have reliable access to the internet aside from my phone, so... I may be a bit more inactive than usual for a while :P
May 16, 2018 1:45 am
thedandyman says:
I should probably mention: I'm in the process of moving to another state! The official move is this weekend, but I'm gonna be pretty busy this whole week and probably the next week or two as well. Not sure if or when I will have reliable access to the internet aside from my phone, so... I may be a bit more inactive than usual for a while :P
No worries here! Good luck with the move :) Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you!
May 17, 2018 3:29 am
irvanovich says:
OOC:
If Urthask or Gongar mention it to Archie, he would offer his Cold Iron Pellet Grenades and 5 Tinder Twigs to help with their expedition. Because He won't be able to go himself, with everything he's taken upon himself.
Yes, Urthask would have spoken with Archie, and gladly accepted his contribution. I don't know who would be carrying this stuff though, because Urthask knows he'll be relying on his lance and swords, and Arktos.

Looks like he's going down next round though.
Last edited May 17, 2018 3:29 am
May 23, 2018 3:51 pm
I may have encountered Hero Points in @irvanovich's game but am not terribly familiar with how they work so I looked them up.

Says here, "Each character begins play with 1 hero point..." I didn't know that. So does that mean Urthask now has 2?
Last edited May 23, 2018 3:51 pm
May 23, 2018 4:05 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I may have encountered Hero Points in @irvanovich's game but am not terribly familiar with how they work so I looked them up.

Says here, "Each character begins play with 1 hero point..." I didn't know that. So does that mean Urthask now has 2?
Hero Points are a completely optional rule that we did not use in this game, but I have decided to give them out for really cool things that a player does :)

So, to answer your question, Urthask only has one
May 23, 2018 4:20 pm
Cool. Thanks! :-)
Jun 11, 2018 8:18 pm
I know we are right in the middle of a conversations with the mayor and Sheriff but I was wondering if Gongar could have had the hammer identified before that meeting started along with the wand that we found on the priestess? It can wait until after the meeting if you want to.

I also added the sale value to all the loot that we received from the goblin strong hold to the loot tracker. There are a couple of magical items but i think most of it we were just planning on selling.
Jun 11, 2018 8:25 pm
Sorry, I meant to give you the stats!

It is a +2 Frost Warhammer (+1d6 frost damage on hit)
Jun 11, 2018 8:31 pm
The loot from the priestess (since I don't think it was ever handed out?) was:
Quote:
On the corpse, Gongar finds a wand, a very fine chain shirt (+1), a masterwork heavy mace, a fine cloak (Resistance +1: +1 to all saves), and a pouch of 72 gold coins. There's also a holy symbol of Lamashtu, mother of monsters.
The wand is Cure Moderate Wounds (15 charges)
Sep 25, 2018 9:03 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Gotta admit I haven't got a clue here.
OOC:
You really aren't supposed to have much idea at this point!

What you know so far:
1. There's been a series of murders in the area, all involving the seven-pointed star that you saw among Nualia's followers
2. The murderer seems to have some knowledge of Urthask and appears to be trying to frame him
3. This Grayst person has mentioned the "Misgivings", which appears to be linked to Aldern Foxglove, the man you saved from the goblins in the initial attack and then went boar hunting with
No, I meant I've no idea how to proceed from here LOL!
Sep 26, 2018 1:52 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Gotta admit I haven't got a clue here.
OOC:
You really aren't supposed to have much idea at this point!

What you know so far:
1. There's been a series of murders in the area, all involving the seven-pointed star that you saw among Nualia's followers
2. The murderer seems to have some knowledge of Urthask and appears to be trying to frame him
3. This Grayst person has mentioned the "Misgivings", which appears to be linked to Aldern Foxglove, the man you saved from the goblins in the initial attack and then went boar hunting with
No, I meant I've no idea how to proceed from here LOL!
Oh, I know that, I was just giving a rundown so you'd all be refreshed on what's happened so far :)
Dec 19, 2018 7:37 pm
We still seem to be low on people, so we're going to give it a bit before we move forward
Dec 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Totally makes sense with the holidays and everything. Gongar is hoping someone can get him out of the mess he has gotten himself into.
Dec 22, 2018 4:01 am
Yeah, I've had a lot going on the past few weeks, and I'm going out of town this weekend for another two weeks and won't have reliable internet. I feel bad for abandoning this game :( I'll try to get back in the swing of things after the new year!
Jan 28, 2019 6:39 pm
Hello everyone! Long time listener, first time caller (j/k).

What's the current party make-up at the moment? Is there a role you guys need filled in particular?
Jan 28, 2019 6:44 pm
Welcome!

Right now we have a fighter, a cavalier (with a bear mount), an alchemist (missing player), and a rogue (on vacation)
Jan 28, 2019 7:20 pm
So magic and healing are the order of the day it looks like. Lemme take a look at my books and see what strikes me.
Jan 28, 2019 7:43 pm
Welcome, @Ninja_Dano!
Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm
Glad to have you on board Ninja!
Jan 28, 2019 10:22 pm
I was playing an Oracle, but I've been so busy lately this just kinda fell on the backburner and there hasn't been a good point for me to jump back in recently. I've barely been keeping up with the other game I'm involved in; I'm not sure if I could keep up a steady enough appearance here to be a reliable member of the party anyway. Probably best if Sal scuttles off to find some new corner of Sandpoint to hide out in and ease his introverted mind. I've had fun playing with you guys (RIP Xandak); mad props to Naatkinson for keeping this going. Wish you guys the best!
Jan 29, 2019 3:03 pm
I'm really sorry to see you go. I'll put Sal in a corner for now, but if you ever want to re-join, just let me know!
Jan 29, 2019 3:13 pm
Going to put this on pause for a moment to give new players a chance to make a character. We will introduce them once you get back to town
Jan 29, 2019 3:48 pm
Welcome, dramasailor!
Jan 29, 2019 4:04 pm
Welcome, Dramasailor!
Jan 29, 2019 4:41 pm
@Dramasailor - What were you thinking of playing? I'm torn between something like and Arcanist, Wizard, or Sorcerer, and something new to me like the Shaman, Occultist, or Inquisitor.

Having healing/restorative abilities in the party will guide my decision, but I wanted to see if you had something specific in mind.
Jan 29, 2019 6:27 pm
I was leaning towards an ifrit bard. That said, I've got no issues going something more healing in nature (some kind of Oracle realistically)
Jan 29, 2019 7:08 pm
Alright, if you go Oracle I will go with an Arcanist to compliment. If you decide that you want to be the bard (but not The Bard... that's reserved for Shakespeare), I'll probably go with the Shaman or Occultist with a wand of CLW or CMW.

I love Oracles by the way. One of my favorite classes to play.
Jan 29, 2019 8:15 pm
I'm going to go ahead and go bard, but I will be picking up cure wounds at the various levels. :)
Jan 30, 2019 3:41 pm
I've also invited Turtledragon to our game here. Welcome, Turtledragon!

This should get us our full group
Jan 30, 2019 4:04 pm
Welcome, Turtledragon!
Jan 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Woo Turtledragon!
Jan 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Woot! 3 new players is awesome!
Feb 2, 2019 10:34 am
Hello everyone! I posted a character idea on the character creation thread. Also do I start at level 5 and how much gold do I have? I'm thinking of good ways to appear and would love to hear the GM's thoughts on joining the party.
Last edited February 2, 2019 10:34 am
Feb 4, 2019 3:06 pm
Welcome new folk!

p.s. I'm back from vacation (aka single parenting)
Feb 4, 2019 3:45 pm
Good to have you back, marithyme!
Feb 4, 2019 3:58 pm
Turtledragon says:
Hello everyone! I posted a character idea on the character creation thread. Also do I start at level 5 and how much gold do I have? I'm thinking of good ways to appear and would love to hear the GM's thoughts on joining the party.
Level 5 with 10,500 gold.

My idea for the three new people joining the party was to have you all be acquaintances of either the sheriff (Belor Hemlock) or the mayor (Kendra Deverin) of Sandpoint. They've had a lot of issues lately, so they may have called on you for assistance.
Feb 4, 2019 3:58 pm
Welcome back!
Feb 4, 2019 8:34 pm
That sounds nice, an old acquaintance of the sheriff. My character is almost ready but I posted it already so you can take a look at it.
Last edited February 4, 2019 8:34 pm
Feb 7, 2019 2:14 pm
Just waiting on Ninja_Dano to complete his character and then we'll move forward :)
Jun 27, 2019 7:37 pm
Apologies to everyone for my absence. Pneumonia decided to kick my arse and I've been laid out for the better part of a week. I feel like I'm on the mend and should be up to posting here in the next couple of days.
Jun 28, 2019 3:23 am
Get well soon, Ninja_Dano!
I'm inclined to just let Iesha and Aldern kill each other, then we mop up after. Trying to reconcile that with what Urthask would do, which might be to charge in right now with his lance. He's old-fashioned heroic that way, but not stupid, so...
Jun 28, 2019 9:28 am
didn't see your post and went straight in. whoops. Also I thought the threat towards Urthask was good enough reason to defend ourselves.
Last edited June 28, 2019 9:30 am
Oct 6, 2019 12:03 am
Quote:
"State your names and business!"
To be completely honest, I've lost the plot and don't know what we're doing in Magnimar. All I know is there have been gruesome, undead-related murders in Sandpoint, and Urthask is being implicated for some reason.
Oct 6, 2019 2:12 am
OOC:
No worries, I can recap!

There were some grisly murders in which evidence was left that could have implicated Urthask. You followed the clues and they led to Foxglove Manor where you found your old friend Aldern (you saved him from goblins in the original attack on Sandpoint). He was in an undead state and had to be put down. After killing him, you found evidence that someone was pulling Aldern's strings and whoever it was is likely in Magnimar.
Oct 6, 2019 3:15 am
Thanks! I completely blanked out on the fact that undead guy was that guy!
Thus far, Sandpoint is the largest civilized settlement Urthask has entered. How does Magnimar compare in size, population, and affluence?
Oct 7, 2019 6:46 am
Never mind, I read the wiki.
Nov 4, 2019 4:16 pm
Hello all, sorry for the short notice on this. However, due to some real world stress and busy-ness, I need to take a step back for a few weeks to focus on that. I miss and have much love for all of you, so I will be back. ;)

Absence Post Here: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1260/?p=648966#p648966
Last edited November 4, 2019 4:20 pm
Dec 12, 2019 3:11 pm
Well, I'm out. Good job on the GM's side and with the interesting characters, I had fun, but I think I'll fold here. Good luck!
Dec 19, 2019 7:51 pm
I think this game may be dead. We've lost quite a few people over the course of it, but we've had a good run! (since March of 2016!)
Dec 20, 2019 3:44 am
Always good to play. Thanks for inviting me in and running the game Naat!
Dec 21, 2019 1:11 am
Sorry to see this one end :-( This has been a great ride! Thank you for running it Naat. I'm always up for a game if you need a +1.
Dec 21, 2019 1:58 am
Yeah, it sucks. I just feel like it's lost a lot of steam :\

You do not have permission to post in this thread.