OOC Discussion

load previous
Nov 4, 2016 12:38 pm
Archie can use the masterwork thieves tools...right now I just have a set of common ones. Those are what I'm most interested in. I don't have a use for the gold and silver dust (that's more of a spell components than alchemical, I believe.)

An even split of the platinum would be awesome, too.
Nov 4, 2016 1:35 pm
I thought you could add silver dust to granades to make them potent against werewolves and such. or is that only chunks or scraps of silver. You should probably get the platinum to repay the cold iron purchases.
Nov 4, 2016 1:51 pm
You can also sell the silver and gold dust if you want to
Nov 4, 2016 3:25 pm
what would the sale price on the dust, flute and earrings be? I thought one of us did an appraisal check though i don't know if they passed it. And platinum is a 10:1 gold ratio isn't it?
Nov 4, 2016 3:34 pm
JoHoover says:
what would the sale price on the dust, flute and earrings be? I thought one of us did an appraisal check though i don't know if they passed it. And platinum is a 10:1 gold ratio isn't it?
Masterwork flute can be sold for 50 gp, earrings for 25 gp, gold dust is 50 gp each, silver dust is 5 gp each. Yes, you are correct on the value of platinum.
Nov 4, 2016 4:18 pm
OK so we have another 415 gold split 5 ways is 83 each. Not sure if Xandak can take his share though because of his vows. if we only split it 4 ways its 103 each. Xandak I'm sure will get a gift from the group at some point. :-)

Does the platinum cover the cost of all the cold iron purchases that Archibald made?
Nov 4, 2016 4:21 pm
JoHoover says:
Does the platinum cover the cost of all the cold iron purchases that Archibald made?
Almost. He spent 130 gold on everything, I believe
Nov 4, 2016 6:19 pm
Naatkinson says:
JoHoover says:
Almost. He spent 130 gold on everything, I believe
Well some of the items were for him as well so...
Nov 4, 2016 6:30 pm
JoHoover says:
I thought you could add silver dust to granades to make them potent against werewolves and such. or is that only chunks or scraps of silver. You should probably get the platinum to repay the cold iron purchases.
It's chunks of silver, though I suppose I could use my lab to melt the dust and make the pellets necessary for some Silver grenades...I didn't think about that.

Archie spent about 250 GP on himself, buying up the scrap cold iron he needed to turn his Pellet Grenades into five Cold Iron Pellet Grenades. He feels a little screwed at the moment, because he could get that much just selling 5 of them to merchants, but accepts it as a cost of doing business at the last minute.

Next time, though, he'll go through his dwarven suppliers. At least they don't try to fleece him for all that he's worth...only half of what he's worth ;).
Nov 8, 2016 9:07 pm
So we have 415 gold plus Gongar has 56 he can contribute to the wand purchase. That leaves us 204 shy, unless I'm forgetting loot from the goblins or the patronage of the rich guy we saved can't remember his name.
Nov 8, 2016 9:12 pm
If we're still short, Archie has a few things he can give someone to sell while he's working on his grenades. It'll almost literally tap me out, but I kept them for a rainy day.
Nov 8, 2016 9:13 pm
Could we add a loot tracker as a thread so we don't have to split it up and we can have a party loot area?
Nov 8, 2016 9:18 pm
JoHoover says:
Could we add a loot tracker as a thread so we don't have to split it up and we can have a party loot area?
I'll let one of you make the thread, so that way you can update it yourselves :)
Nov 9, 2016 4:25 pm
Guys, I wanted to just take a moment and bask in the glory that is our game has officially past the 1000 post mark!!
Nov 9, 2016 4:26 pm
JoHoover says:
Guys, I wanted to just take a moment and bask in the glory that is our game has officially past the 1000 post mark!!
Hooray! It had slowed down BAD for a while there, but it's back up and running now for sure!
Nov 9, 2016 6:54 pm
Woot! Cake for everyone! :-D
Nov 9, 2016 7:18 pm
...why am I hearing GLADoS right now?
Nov 9, 2016 7:19 pm
irvanovich says:
...why am I hearing GLADoS right now?
...Next boss fight incoming...
Nov 10, 2016 4:05 pm
Ya know, Vow of Poverty just doesn't pack the same wallop that it did in 3.5. You give up magic items and weapons, basically live on the street, and you get a bonus ki point added to your pool every level.

Guess I shouldn't complain too much, when you factor in just how busted it was in 3.5. It definitely needed a good nerfing, but not to the extent that it happened. :)
Nov 10, 2016 4:25 pm
None of the vows are as flavorful or fun as they were before. Some of them were badly broken, granted, but they kinda suck now.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.