OOC Discussion

load previous
Apr 5, 2016 7:22 pm
JoHoover says:
wow, I must be on to much benadryl. You are right. Ill have to take that proficiency as soon as I can...

Could I trade my Two weapon defense feat for the exotic proficiency?
That would be fine. Either that or take the Heirloom Weapon trait to gain proficiency in it.

It doesn't look like you have selected your two traits yet. You need one from this book and one from another category besides campaign here
Apr 5, 2016 7:35 pm
I apparently missed traits as well... I'll have to look into it tomorrow (tonight is fencing and pain).
Apr 5, 2016 10:40 pm
Oops, I think I forgot to do traits too hahaha

There's just so many to look through...
Apr 6, 2016 12:44 am
Traits are a great way to get proficiencies you feel fit the character but you don't already have. Nathan gave a link to the players guide campaign specific traits but if you go to the d20pfsrd traits page and search for "rise of the runelords" you'll find a couple more that can tie you into the storyline, I assume they're in the original book. For a quick reference to what traits do what go
here

Pay special attention to the bottom section, they note which traits grant which skills.
Last edited April 6, 2016 12:56 am
Apr 6, 2016 3:26 pm
OK, I've decided on Heirloom weapon, even though your sheet @Fatenori says its bad, I still think its worth it.

I'm also going to go with Favored son with Belor Hemlock (town sheriff) as my ally.

I'll edit my character sheet to reflect the choices.
Last edited April 6, 2016 3:26 pm
Apr 7, 2016 4:51 pm
Anyone gonna step up to be the first to act in Round Two?
Apr 8, 2016 1:15 pm
Does Pathfinder have something like a guard action? Can I run up to the remaining human and guard over him? He's on the ground, right?
Apr 8, 2016 1:20 pm
You could assist him in standing up, do an aid another action to reduce the goblins chance to hit him, attempt to bull rush the goblin to push him back(would provoke an AoO), attempt a drag maneuver on the human to move him away from the goblin then take his place(wouldn't provoke an AoO), maybe scream and yell at the goblin to get it to focus on you. But no guard action, no, not without taking feats.
Last edited April 8, 2016 1:20 pm
Apr 8, 2016 1:20 pm
You can use the Aid Another action to add a +2 to his AC against a single attack if you'd like.
Apr 8, 2016 1:24 pm
Thanks Fatenori and Naat, gives me great ideas. What's the roll on a drag maneuver? And with the 3 actions per round thing, is a move at my full 30ft or half?
Apr 8, 2016 1:49 pm
Combat maneuvers are the CMB on your character sheet. Roll 1d20 plus that, it technically does provoke but the humans not likely to attack you.
Apr 8, 2016 2:47 pm
@Keleth, I like your idea of trying to pull the human away.

as an side @Naatkinson what program do you use to make the battle maps? That is super nice and if its not to expensive I'd like to add it to my toolbox :-)
Last edited April 8, 2016 2:48 pm
Apr 8, 2016 3:04 pm
Ah, all combat maneuvers use CMB generically. I'll post in a few minutes.
Apr 8, 2016 4:23 pm
JoHoover says:
@Keleth, I like your idea of trying to pull the human away.

as an side @Naatkinson what program do you use to make the battle maps? That is super nice and if its not to expensive I'd like to add it to my toolbox :-)
I use the 3D Virtual Tabletop app. I believe it's available both on Android and iOS tablets and phones. I don't think there is a version for PC or Mac.

I use this, take a screenchot, then upload it to imgur.com and link it from there.
Apr 8, 2016 5:26 pm
Interesting, just took a look and that looks amazing.
Apr 8, 2016 5:27 pm
It is sooo nice for PbP gaming. I don't use it for anything else
Apr 11, 2016 3:22 pm
Double posted in the game thread, sorry!
Apr 12, 2016 4:53 am
thedandyman says:
OOC:
So... if we wanted to find out where the goblins came from/are going, and why they attacked the town... is there someone in town we should talk to? Like a guard captain or something?

Also, Xandak only has 4 HP left.
Town guard is a good idea. Also, as Urthask has already suggested, Daviren Hosk.
Apr 13, 2016 1:37 pm
Gonna give people until noon (Eastern Time: It's currently 9:36) to decide if they wanna go with Urthask :)
Apr 18, 2016 2:03 pm
My hexes that say "can affect a target once every 24 hours"; can we change that to once per rest? 24 hours would seem a bit hard to track.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.