OOC Discussion

load previous
Jun 11, 2017 4:02 pm
The same here...I'm waiting for someone to tell me there are gobbos on the other side, so I can blow 'em up.
Jun 24, 2017 9:53 am
Tacked a Ride check onto my post in an attempt to negate the gecko's hit on the horse, but the check failed. This is the first time I've remembered to use Mounted Combat! Might've helped Arktos before.

Guys, don't forget, anyone attacking Ripnugget gets a +1 bonus from Urthask's Challenge. :-)
Quote:
Whenever an Order of the Bear beast rider issues a challenge, his allies receive a +1 circumstance bonus on melee attack rolls against the target of his challenge whenever he is threatening the target. Challenging a foe requires much of the cavalier’s concentration. The cavalier takes a –2 penalty to his Armor Class, except against attacks made by the target of his challenge.
Speaking of Challenge, I forgot to deal Urthask's bonus damage (a whopping 3 points!) against Ripnugget.
Jun 28, 2017 9:18 pm
Do I have to make a skill check to use the wand of cure light wounds? or can I just use it on Urthask? I put a skill point in it when we leveled up but I've never used that mechanic without being a spellcaster.
Jun 29, 2017 9:31 pm
Sorry guys. Was dealing with some personal crap this week. Trying to get back in the swing of things now.
Jun 30, 2017 4:43 pm
irvanovich says:
Sorry guys. Was dealing with some personal crap this week. Trying to get back in the swing of things now.
Hopefully everything turned out ok. Glad your back into it!
Jun 30, 2017 5:05 pm
JoHoover says:
Do I have to make a skill check to use the wand of cure light wounds? or can I just use it on Urthask? I put a skill point in it when we leveled up but I've never used that mechanic without being a spellcaster.
Sorry I never answered this. I don't think you need to make a skill check for it
Jul 4, 2017 5:30 pm
Quote:
a magical short sword (Small size, +1), a masterwork breastplate (Small size), a dented crown, a keyring, a potion of Cure Light Wounds, a wand of Silent Image (5 charges), three small short swords, three small studded leathers, a shortbow, 20 arrows, a whip, and 20 gp.
So, who wants what? Xandak can't carry it lol
Jul 4, 2017 5:35 pm
Urthask could use the potion of CLW. :-)
Jul 14, 2017 3:25 pm
Ok, so I'm going to switch things back to the normal action economy. I find it to be much easier, and I know most, if not all of you understand it. I'm also going to seek out a couple of new players, I think. This game could use some new blood.
Jul 14, 2017 5:18 pm
That will definitely give Gongar an advantage with the dual wield feats he's taken. I think a new player or two would work out well for us. Has anyone given you the word that they are dropping out or just the summer inconsistency?
Jul 14, 2017 5:19 pm
JoHoover says:
That will definitely give Gongar an advantage with the dual wield feats he's taken. I think a new player or two would work out well for us. Has anyone given you the word that they are dropping out or just the summer inconsistency?
Irvan has had some issues come up in real life, so he's on hiatus. That leaves us with you, Jabes, and thedandyman
Jul 14, 2017 5:20 pm
It also leaves us without a healer or trapfinder
Jul 14, 2017 5:28 pm
I was wondering if Irvan was going to be able to continue with us. And now moving back to standard economy with make have a healer and some kind of rogue type more essential.
Jul 14, 2017 5:46 pm
I made a mistake... I put you down the wrong set of stairs. My apologies. I'm going to wipe a few posts and try again...
Jul 15, 2017 7:27 pm
For the new people, be sure to check out the House Rules thread. There ain't much in there, but it's worth peeking at.
Jul 16, 2017 1:18 am
Looks great. I'm very excited to play! I'm 1/3 the way through the story so far, and it's so well done (by all of you).

Please forgive any mistakes I make. I've been learning a lot from Phil, but still have trouble with the nuances of the rules.
Jul 16, 2017 2:27 am
Naatkinson says:
For the new people, be sure to check out the House Rules thread. There ain't much in there, but it's worth peeking at.
@Naatkinson, I think some of the discussion.explanations there have to do with the alternate action economy but you said you were switching us to standard action economy IIRC.
Jul 16, 2017 2:32 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
@Naatkinson, I think some of the discussion.explanations there have to do with the alternate action economy but you said you were switching us to standard action economy IIRC.
That's correct. It's worth noting that you only really have to pay attention to the first post in the thread as it has everything you need in it already.
Jul 20, 2017 1:21 am
HypCo, is your name a play on the song Rico Suave? I've been thinking so since you submitted him, but keep forgetting to ask.
Jul 20, 2017 1:29 am
HAHAHA, bulls-eye, it is most definitely a play on it! You're pretty good at spotting my pop-culture based names.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.