OOC Discussion

load previous
Apr 18, 2016 2:06 pm
Keleth says:
My hexes that say "can affect a target once every 24 hours"; can we change that to once per rest? 24 hours would seem a bit hard to track.
Sounds good to me. Once per actual day, not 24 hours after the last use.
Apr 22, 2016 3:54 pm
okay, so Power Attack says this:
Quote:
You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
Here's my question: does Xandak's fist count as a primary natural weapon? I don't really know what that means hahahaha
Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm
thedandyman says:
okay, so Power Attack says this:
Quote:
You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
Here's my question: does Xandak's fist count as a primary natural weapon? I don't really know what that means hahahaha
A monk's unarmed strikes count as a manufactured weapon and a natural attack. It does not count as a primary natural attack that adds 1.5x strength mod to damage, so you will simply take the +2 to your damage rolls, not the +3.
Apr 22, 2016 6:39 pm
Got it!
Apr 29, 2016 5:20 pm
I'm assuming my healing hex is a touch attack? That's just 1d20+str?
Apr 29, 2016 5:28 pm
Questions on Gongar:

1. Are you using the regular whip or the scorpion whip?

2. Where is the +4 to attack coming from? I count a +3: 2 from Strength, 1 from BAB
Apr 29, 2016 5:29 pm
Keleth says:
I'm assuming my healing hex is a touch attack? That's just 1d20+str?
You simply do it and the skeleton has to attemp a Will save to resist the damage
Apr 29, 2016 7:50 pm
Naatkinson says:
Questions on Gongar:

1. Are you using the regular whip or the scorpion whip?

2. Where is the +4 to attack coming from? I count a +3: 2 from Strength, 1 from BAB
I only have one whip, its the heirloom whip that I took a trait for.

And I don't know where I got the +4, I had that written on my weapons in the character sheet but you are right it should only be +3, I will fix that on my character so i don't screw it up again.
Last edited April 29, 2016 7:51 pm
May 18, 2016 7:53 pm
Do we have a general idea of were the locations he is talking about are? Would it be possible to use the hunting trip as a ruse for trying to find the goblins?
May 18, 2016 8:11 pm
It's very close by, merely a mile-and-a-half south of Sandpoint.
May 23, 2016 3:25 pm
I can hear crickets! Don't hear those often in a call center basement!
May 23, 2016 3:25 pm
Gonna be honest, now that I've read this adventure a little bit, I'm not a tremendous fan of it.
May 23, 2016 3:32 pm
If you want to take it off the rails that would be fine by me. I like the group we've got so I'm up for anything!
May 23, 2016 3:34 pm
It's a fine adventure, but it gives no advice on things that players are probably going to do (like the adventurers wanting to track the goblins down)
May 24, 2016 9:42 pm
Think I'm just going to close this game down. Getting the feeling that people are not into it, and I'm really not either. Thoughts?
May 24, 2016 10:12 pm
I think we've hit one of those points that happen in games where the players aren't sure where the GM wants to go next and the GM isn't sure what comes next. With that in mind, given what you've said about the game, I don't see a point in playing a game where the GM isn't as I to it. I'd rather you think of a game you want to run and I'll consider joining that (if you want to GM anything at all).
May 24, 2016 10:49 pm
I agree with Keleth, it may have lost too much momentum...
May 24, 2016 11:54 pm
Yeah, I'm going to cancel it. I will leave it up a couple of days so that everyone can see what's going on.

I WILL eventually start another game of Pathfinder, and when I do, you are all invited.
May 25, 2016 12:18 am
Sad day :(

I was enjoying the monk play style, but I think not being able to talk really inhibited my ability to help move the story along hahaha I couldn't exactly respond to Aldern though I wanted to
May 25, 2016 12:43 am
thedandyman says:
Sad day :(

I was enjoying the monk play style, but I think not being able to talk really inhibited my ability to help move the story along hahaha I couldn't exactly respond to Aldern though I wanted to
I will start another one up, probably soon. I'm just not into this adventure. You'll be in it for sure once I got it going and maybe you can make another monk :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.