OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 11, 2017 3:27 am
I always allow you the hp your roll to be added to max and current
Mar 11, 2017 3:48 am
Sorry about this, guys, I should've thought of it earlier: I think I would prefer to purchase medium barding for Arktos rather than new armor for Urthask - or can we afford both?
Mar 11, 2017 10:36 am
We could afford studded leather (+3) but not Scale mail (+5). We need 91 gp more for the Scale.
Mar 11, 2017 12:50 pm
JoHoover says:
We could afford studded leather (+3) but not Scale mail (+5). We need 91 gp more for the Scale.
Just to clarify: this would be studded leather barding for Arktos and Urthask keeps his old scale mail, correct?
Mar 11, 2017 12:53 pm
If you want barding for a great bear, you will have to get that specially made, as they don't have it laying around. It will cost the standard amount for barding, though
Mar 11, 2017 1:15 pm
Would Hosk be able to do it? And in time? Maybe this is best left for later.
Mar 11, 2017 1:29 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Would Hosk be able to do it? And in time? Maybe this is best left for later.
Hosk can do it. He'll have to make adjustments to some standard horse barding, probably adding a bit to it as well to accommodate the girth of the bear, but it could be done by the following morning.
Mar 11, 2017 4:17 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
JoHoover says:
Just to clarify: this would be studded leather barding for Arktos and Urthask keeps his old scale mail, correct?
That's correct, but if Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Mar 11, 2017 4:24 pm
JoHoover says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
JoHoover says:
That's correct, but if Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Hosk would totally be willing to take payments from Urthask!
Mar 12, 2017 1:34 am
JoHoover says:
If Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Was thinking the same. Let's do that. I wonder if Hosk would accept the commission with just promises instead of a deposit? That way Urthask could purchase his armor now (or rather, Gongar comes bearing gifts in the morning as already posted) and we can do for Arktos later. I'll just have to be a bit more careful - Arktos nearly died last time.
Mar 12, 2017 1:39 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
JoHoover says:
If Hosk could do scale mail we could put a 50% deposit and then hopefully find something worth 100 gp to sell when we return from the cave.
Was thinking the same. Let's do that. I wonder if Hosk would accept the commission with just promises instead of a deposit? That way Urthask could purchase his armor now (or rather, Gongar comes bearing gifts in the morning as already posted) and we can do for Arktos later. I'll just have to be a bit more careful - Arktos nearly died last time.
Better go ask him ;-)
Mar 12, 2017 1:48 am
Next question if for RP purposes: Did Gongar sell Urthask's scale mail to buy the banded mail? Did he sneak into Urthask's room and take it? :-D
Mar 12, 2017 6:23 am
Urthask can't afford full barding yet so in the meantime how about a plastic bucket helmet for the mighty Arktos? :-D Check it out.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-09/25/10/campaign_images/webdr03/this-polar-bear-loves-to-wear-a-bucket-on-her-head-2-25437-1443190571-1_dblbig.jpg
Mar 12, 2017 9:17 am
I figured you would have handed it over the night before so I could take it with the pile of gear, though I didn't really put it in the post.

I saw that bear video on facebook and thought of you too!
Mar 13, 2017 3:56 pm
Naatkinson says:
"Scale?" he asks, then takes a moment to think, "Yeah, I think that's a good choice. Good balance between protection and mobility."

He begins counting on his fingers, then gets a piece of paper out, writing down an order request, "Sounds good, but I don't have anything right now. Could probably be done by tomorrow morning. Priority orders for old friends, you know?" he says with a wink, "And maybe a nice little discount too. How's 80 gold sound to you?"
OOC:
That's 20% off!
I hate to say it but shouldn't scale barding be 200 gp? I thought barding was 4x the cost of the armor type. Awesome that Hosk is giving Urthask a 20% discount though!
Mar 13, 2017 3:58 pm
My bad, I mixed up the weight and cost! I'll correct it
Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm
We don't currently have 160gp lying around, do we?
Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm
No, we have 109 gp currently.
Mar 13, 2017 4:48 pm
On a different note, this is what I see every time Naat says "you didn't find any traps..."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.