OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 29, 2016 5:34 pm
Keleth says:
A thrush does 1d2-5 damage
This exemplifies everything wrong with pathfinder, lol. A thrush needs to take weapon finesse to have a chance to deal -4 to -3 damage.
Mar 29, 2016 5:39 pm
Fatenori says:
Keleth says:
A thrush does 1d2-5 damage
This exemplifies everything wrong with pathfinder, lol. A thrush needs to take weapon finesse to have a chance to deal -4 to -3 damage.
Ah, but my thrush can hit! She uses my BAB + str/dex to attack... and her damage to damage. So basically, she's very likely to heal them with her pecks of doom... or love, based on how you look at it.
Mar 29, 2016 11:05 pm
Just remember that your familiar is very squishy. You got any good spells?
Mar 29, 2016 11:11 pm
Nope! All defensive right now. I didn't see any good offensive level 1 spells, and I figured with my char background, offensive spells didn't make sense yet. I'll go in for a melee attack after fencing class this evening (irony?).
Mar 29, 2016 11:18 pm
Fair enough! Plus the burly Dwarven bodyguard left little reason to have any, I suppose
Mar 30, 2016 12:33 am
I gotta be honest, I'm excited you chose to play a witch hahaha the witch in the podcast I listen to uses a lot of hexes (mostly Evil Eye) and cackling to dish out tons of de-buffs to enemies. It's really nice and super flavorful lol idk if there's a lot of play variation between different ways to play the witch, but potentially there's a lot of really cool support stuff you could do
Mar 30, 2016 7:42 pm
Gotcha about the stacking penalties. Sorry I can't edit them after the fact.
Mar 30, 2016 7:45 pm
JoHoover says:
Gotcha about the stacking penalties. Sorry I can't edit them after the fact.
No big deal, I will adjust for it in cases that you forget to :)
Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm
I didn't see a place on the character sheet to mark xp, so I just added it to the notes.
Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm
JoHoover says:
I didn't see a place on the character sheet to mark xp, so I just added it to the notes.
Notes are fine, I will also be tracking it here
Mar 31, 2016 7:51 am
I have a question about skills. In D&D 3e you had to put 2 skill points to gain 1 rank in a non-class skill. IS this also the case in Pathfinder? If that's the case then how do you show that on the character sheet? The character sheet doesn't distinguish between class skills and non-class skills.
Mar 31, 2016 11:04 am
No, in pathfinder class skills that you put a rank in you gain a +3 to, for being a class skill. Cross class skills you can put ranks in, but you won't gain the additional +3. In the character sheet I've been adding it as a miscellaneous modifier.
Last edited March 31, 2016 11:05 am
Mar 31, 2016 11:29 am
Now that I know this, I'll look into adding a checkbox next to the skillname to denote class skill, and it'll automatically add +3.
Mar 31, 2016 3:55 pm
Ah, the pros of having the guy who runs the website play your game ;)
Mar 31, 2016 4:18 pm
thedandyman says:
Ah, the pros of having the guy who runs the website play your game ;)
To be fair, even if I wasn't in the game, if someone told me this fact, I woulda done it :p When I develop the character sheets, if it's a system I haven't played, I try to get a book to learn the system, but I can't afford to buy every book. When I don't have the book or I don't understand it, I build it to the best of my knowledge and rely on players to give me feedback on how to make the sheets better.
Mar 31, 2016 4:20 pm
This is why I sign up for all the games, Keleth. So I can give you feedback. :-D
Mar 31, 2016 4:23 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
This is why I sign up for all the games, Keleth. So I can give you feedback. :-D
Umm... yeah... me too... ;)
Mar 31, 2016 4:24 pm
My intention for Urthask just looking around before instead of attacking was because his instincts told himthere would be more goblins. Turns out he was right. I'm guessing I screwed it up by rolling low on the perception check.

Ok, so I've posted the narration for my turn but you'll hve to help me out with the mechanics. I will probably get it all wrong so you'll have to straighten it out for me. :-D

Is GB the goblin leader? If I count the grid squares correctly Urthask is close enough to the target for a lance charge (even accounting for navigating around commoners). According to this, a charge will consume 2 actions. So after charging Urthask can still attack once with his bastard sword, correct?
Quote:
Lances and Charge Attacks: A lance deals double damage if employed by a mounted character in a charge.
Does that mean roll 2d8, or roll 1d8 and multiply by 2?

And what about Arktos? Can he still claw/claw/bite after charging?

A heads up to everyone, when Urthask charges and hits, allies gain a +2 bonus on their next attack roll against the target of that charge. This bonus must be used before Urthask's next turn, or it is lost.
Last edited March 31, 2016 5:00 pm
Mar 31, 2016 4:38 pm
I posted, hopefully you don't mind, if I interject an action before you actually charge off.
Mar 31, 2016 4:40 pm
Keleth says:
I posted, hopefully you don't mind, if I interject an action before you actually charge off.
Not at all! :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.