OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 24, 2016 10:16 pm
Yep, thedandyman, you rolled that exactly right
Mar 28, 2016 4:51 pm
Since we are using the variant action rules you may take up to three acts per round

JoHoover: You took one act to move up and close the distance, and one act to attack with TWF, you still have one act left, which you may use to make an additional attack with one of your weapons, or anything else you might wanna do.
Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm
Oh, I thought my three actions were: move, whip attack, hammer attack. But I'll take another whip attack to trip the third goblin if that's allowed.

Or would I be able to make another set of two attacks? would there be more than my standard dual wield penalties for the second round of attacks?
Last edited March 28, 2016 4:58 pm
Mar 28, 2016 5:03 pm
JoHoover says:
Oh, I thought my three actions were: move, whip attack, hammer attack. But I'll take another whip attack to trip the third goblin if that's allowed.

Or would I be able to make another set of two attacks? would there be more than my standard dual wield penalties for the second round of attacks?
You could make an additional attack with one of the weapons. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting will allow you second action to be made with both weapons. You will suffer the standard -5 to attack rolls for making an additional attack.

You could also make that whip attack to attempt to trip if you want (Also with the -5 penalty)
Quote:
When you fight with a second weapon in your off hand or with a double weapon, you can make two attacks with the first attack simple action you take during your turn: one with your primary hand and another with your off hand. You take penalties on these attack rolls as listed on Table: Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties. Any other attack simple actions you take during your turn allow only one attack roll, using either the weapon in your primary hand or the one in your off hand.

If you have the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can make two attack rolls on both the first and second attack simple actions taken during your turn; both of the attacks made on the second attack action are made at a –5 penalty. Further attack simple actions taken during the same turn allow only one attack roll, using either the weapon in your primary hand or the one in your off hand.

If you have the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat, you can make two attacks on each of your attack simple actions on your turn, though you take all the normal penalties for two-weapon fighting, as well as the cumulative –5 penalty per attack simple action (all attacks made as part of the same attack action have the same penalty).
Mar 28, 2016 5:11 pm
ok, editing my post to include another whip attack.
Mar 28, 2016 5:51 pm
Are you trying to trip or are you trying to hit the goblin with that last attack?
Mar 28, 2016 5:54 pm
trip. Do I not roll damage on a trip attack?
Last edited March 28, 2016 5:54 pm
Mar 28, 2016 5:56 pm
Nope, it's a combat maneuver you can try in place of an attack.
Mar 28, 2016 6:15 pm
OK, good to know. So disregard the damage rolls on the two whip attacks. Both of them are trip attacks. Sorry about the mistakes.
Mar 28, 2016 6:16 pm
JoHoover says:
OK, good to know. So disregard the damage rolls on the two whip attacks. Both of them are trip attacks. Sorry about the mistakes.
No problem, Pathfinder is very complex, and the only reason I'm aware of any of this is a lot of research in the midst of our discussion lol
Mar 29, 2016 2:04 pm
Sorry I've been absent! It was a crazy week and weekend at work, and I'm only now coming up for air. I see some shit is going down already. Do you want Urthask to just dive into the action? Posting this in-character so you have my avatar.
Mar 29, 2016 2:06 pm
Go ahead and dive in! Good to have you back
Mar 29, 2016 2:44 pm
Posted already. Didn't feel right to attack right away. Urthask is checking to see if there are more goblins, and if anyone has been hurt or needs help. My perception sucked though! :-D
Mar 29, 2016 2:52 pm
I assume like DnD 3/3.5, crossbow into melee will have a penalty/chance to hit melee engagers?
Mar 29, 2016 2:56 pm
Yeah, you'll take a -4 to your attack roll, unless you take the Precise Shot feat
Mar 29, 2016 3:05 pm
Ok, I have to look into how my familiar attacks.
Mar 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Keleth says:
What is your familiar?
Mar 29, 2016 4:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
Keleth says:
What is your familiar?
A thrush. I don't have any offensive spells I can channel through her right now, and I think she has a claw attack that does 1d3? I saw a template somewhere. I could also go in melee...
Mar 29, 2016 4:29 pm
A thrush does 1d2-5 damage. I heal them by attacking with my thrush :p

Fine, melee attack it is.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.