OOC Discussion

load previous
Sep 12, 2017 2:07 pm
[ +- ] Urthask
...Ryco and Shalelu need to work together to make Urthask as uncomfortable as possible from now on.

Also, I second the standing ovation on Xandak's final scene. Bravo!
Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm
HypCo says:
Also, now that that gut-wrenching battle is done:
[ +- ] Xandak
I have to give a standing ovation or something for this masterpiece.
Hear, hear!!! I'm going to miss Xandak, too. I really liked the way dandyman played him - particularly, that vow of silence must've been tough!
Last edited September 12, 2017 2:13 pm
Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm
Dandyman is a prime example of why I love being in Naat's games. The roleplay is always phenomenal.
Sep 12, 2017 2:38 pm
I feel super bad for killing him, but I don't like to fudge rolls. It seems to cheapen the whole experience, I think
Sep 12, 2017 2:46 pm
I always feel bad when a PC dies in one of my games, unless they do something incredibly stupid.

Most of the time, if death is inevitable, I do it in a way that makes the death heroic and epic. As death scenes go, this was fantastic.
Sep 12, 2017 3:16 pm
its always so brutal when you get enemy crits like that. Especially at our lvl its just so hard to survive if your not at full hit points.

I have to say though that death scene got me all choked up.
Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm
JoHoover says:
its always so brutal when you get enemy crits like that. Especially at our lvl its just so hard to survive if your not at full hit points.
The scary thing is that he WAS at full hit points... :(
JoHoover says:
Same here... Poor Xandak will never get his vengeance
Sep 13, 2017 6:04 am
HypCo says:
I have to give a standing ovation or something for this masterpiece.
Naatkinson says:
That was a fantastic post! Xandak, ye will be missed!
irvanovich says:
I second the standing ovation on Xandak's final scene. Bravo!
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Hear, hear!!! I'm going to miss Xandak, too. I really liked the way dandyman played him
JoHoover says:
Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week ;)
...Xandak won't, but I will....

Anyway! I knew the first time Xandak spoke would be a really great story moment, so I was saving it for something good. Other vows might have been ditched sooner rather than later, but silence was one I wanted to keep for a while. It was tough to do, especially in a play-by-post setting (I feel like I relied a little too much on Gongar to be my personal translator), but I think it made him a unique and memorable character, so I'm glad I stuck with it. I just wasn't expecting to come upon his "first words" moment so soon, or for this particular reason...
The monk class is fun, and I kinda wish I'd had a little more time to explore it, but whaddaya gonna do? When the dice speak, you obey. I agree about fudging rolls; what's the point of deciding things with rolls if you ignore the roll and do what you want when it's crucial?
Naatkinson says:
The scary thing is that he WAS at full hit points... :(
Technically, I think I was down one whole hit point. Not that it would have mattered in this case. lol
Naatkinson says:
Poor Xandak will never get his vengeance
If Gongar doesn't know Xandak's full history, I'm sure Sabyl would be able to fill in the party members, since Xandak grew up there in her and her father's care. Perhaps the party will run into those raiding giants sometime in the future and fulfill his vows for him?
Sep 13, 2017 9:03 am
Second what everyone has said...well done!

We'll get those giants. But maybe level up a bit first...
Sep 13, 2017 1:14 pm
marithyme says:
Second what everyone has said...well done!

We'll get those giants. But maybe level up a bit first...
...and maybe throw in a sacrifice or three to RNGsus. Those rolls, man...
Sep 17, 2017 1:05 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Will be working virtually nonstop over the next 48hrs. Will not be logging into GP at all for the duration.
Whew that was rough! Turned out to be more like 60hrs. But I'm back and eager to get caught up! :-)
Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm
Jabes, I have a solution for dragging Arktos around in dungeons! Get a wand of Reduce Animal!
Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm
Could you ride a medium bear? That seems like a great idea if its possible.
Sep 20, 2017 3:36 pm
JoHoover says:
Could you ride a medium bear? That seems like a great idea if its possible.
He can't but he could at least take him into the place with him! Unless he also reduces himself to compensate!

I'm a genius!
Sep 21, 2017 2:24 am
Archie gets two wands: Reduce Animal and Reduce Person. Problem solved!

... Or just a wand of Reduce Animal, and then he rides Arktos into battle... Either way is fine with me.
Sep 26, 2017 1:19 am
HypCo, can I just say that I absolutely love Ryco right now?
Sep 26, 2017 3:02 pm
Once thedandyman's new character is submitted, we will work on getting him and Archie back to the dungeon
Sep 27, 2017 5:02 am
If Archie had the money, he'd totally buy that wand to help Arktos get across the bridge.
Sep 29, 2017 5:13 am
irvanovich says:
HypCo, can I just say that I absolutely love Ryco right now?
A little late but thanks irvanovich, he has definitely has been an interesting character to play. You might want to watch using the word 'love' around him though; might wind up with a couple unwanted bedside visits from him.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.