OOC Discussion

load previous
Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm
Naatkinson says:
My Lord... these rolls... make them stop!
This combat has been probably the worst rolls I've seen in a really long time.
Sep 11, 2017 4:29 pm
I think, currently, Ryco is the only one with healing capabilities so I'll wait to see the outcome of Shadow's turn before weighing my options.
Sep 11, 2017 7:35 pm
Yyyyyeeeeaaaah I'm not very well versed in Pathfinder rules at all, but I'm preeeetty sure I'm 100% dead lol
Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm
The first attack put me at 3 HP. The second put me at -26. My con score is 13.

I'm super dead.

I don't know exactly how one uses hero points, but I think it's probably outside the realm of their normal use to bring a dead guy back to life?
Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm
That was a pretty vicious crit...lol
Sep 11, 2017 7:47 pm
thedandyman says:
The first attack put me at 3 HP. The second put me at -26. My con score is 13.

I'm super dead.

I don't know exactly how one uses hero points, but I think it's probably outside the realm of their normal use to bring a dead guy back to life?
If you had two, then you could avoid death, but that's as far as they go. So, I'm not sure what you want to do from here...

Can make a new character, possibly known to Archie, who accompanies the gnome back when he returns with Arktos.

Can wait and see if they resurrect you.

Can do ...? Something else?
Sep 11, 2017 7:56 pm
Archie would be happy to bring a buddy (or buddies, looking at these rolls, lol) back with him.
Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm
....also I'm just now noticing that monks can attempt Stunning Strike more than once a day and very much regretting not doing that on my turn.
Sep 12, 2017 7:32 am
Depending on how this goes I may end up needing a new character too.
Sep 12, 2017 11:13 am
irvanovich says:
OOC:
If you're in Melee when you cast a spell, you need to cast defensively in the hopes of not getting an attack of opportunity against you.
Is this flavor talk or actually a thing? I'm still really new to pathfinder.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Depending on how this goes I may end up needing a new character too.
What are you at, -7? If I read it correctly, healing in pathfinder works if you're at -5 and I heal you +4, you'll be at -1. Is this correct?
Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am
PRD says:
To cast a spell, you must concentrate. If something interrupts your concentration while you're casting, you must make a concentration check or lose the spell. When you make a concentration check, you roll d20 and add your caster level and the ability score modifier used to determine bonus spells of the same type. Clerics, druids, and rangers add their Wisdom modifier. Bards, paladins, and sorcerers add their Charisma modifier. Finally, wizards add their Intelligence modifier. The more distracting the interruption and the higher the level of the spell you are trying to cast, the higher the DC (see Table: Concentration Check DCs). If you fail the check, you lose the spell just as if you had cast it to no effect.
Basically, when you cast your spell, roll a concentration check. To cast defensively, the DC is 15+double the spell level, so for Cure Light Wounds, it's a DC 17 check. As a bard, your Concentration check is 1d20+Level+Charisma modifier.

If you pass the Concentration check, you don't take an attack of opportunity and you successfully cast the spell. If you fail, you provide an AoO sand lose the spell.

Alternatively, you can stay out of Melee range for a round and cast the spell while holding the charge, then deliver the spell the next round without provoking any attacks of opportunity.

Also, if you were to heal Urthask (currently at -7 HP), but only manage to heal 4 hp, he would stop dying. He'd still be at -3 HP and unconscious, but any sort of magical healing will stabilize him :)
Last edited September 12, 2017 11:33 am
Sep 12, 2017 11:32 am
[ +- ] holding a charge
[ +- ] stable characters and recovery
Sep 12, 2017 11:45 am
Got it, thank you. Just to see if healing is required right this second or not, Urthask has Con 14, meaning he still has a bit of ways to go before dying completely, sans any attention to him. Correct?
Sep 12, 2017 11:50 am
As long as he's ignored, yes. He still has 7 rounds of seeing the light before he dies.
Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm
Good to know, I think in that case, I'm leaning more towards making him leave melee and hope the dice work in our favor for once. Would it only be Gongar and Shalelu getting OA's or does it not apply to Shalelu since she is range in melee?

Eh, thinking about it, I think that is my only option. I don't want to heal Urthask and risk healing him to positive, making him a threat again with a lot lower HP.
Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm
Well, the bugbear only has 4 hp left. If you have ANYTHING that will do damage, just throw it! :P
Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm
Ryco uses a d4 and has a -2 str modifier, I can't kill a beetle if I wanted to.
Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm
HypCo says:
Ryco uses a d4 and has a -2 str modifier, I can't kill a beetle if I wanted to.
You need to get a bow of some kind. No str penalty!

As far as Attacks of Opportunity... if the bugbear ran away, only Gongar would get one. Shalelu isn't in melee, so she don't count. But he won't run, because the room behind him has no other exits!
Sep 12, 2017 1:10 pm
Of some kind? Is that a LUTE BOW I hear?

Also, now that that gut-wrenching battle is done:
[ +- ] Xandak
I have to give a standing ovation or something for this masterpiece.
Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm
HypCo says:
Of some kind? Is that a LUTE BOW I hear?

Also, now that that gut-wrenching battle is done:
[ +- ] Xandak
I have to give a standing ovation or something for this masterpiece.
That was a fantastic post! Xandak, ye will be missed!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.