OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 31, 2016 7:03 pm
OOC:
How does diagonal movement work? Does moving to a diagonal square cost 5 feet as well, or does that cost extra movement?
Mar 31, 2016 7:06 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
My intention for Urthask just looking around before instead of attacking was because his instincts told himthere would be more goblins. Turns out he was right. I'm guessing I screwed it up by rolling low on the perception check.

Ok, so I've posted the narration for my turn but you'll have to help me out with the mechanics. I will probably get it all wrong so you'll have to straighten it out for me. :-D

Is GB the goblin leader? If I count the grid squares correctly Urthask is close enough to the target for a lance charge (even accounting for navigating around commoners). According to this, a charge will consume 2 actions. So after charging Urthask can still attack once with his bastard sword, correct?
Quote:
Lances and Charge Attacks: A lance deals double damage if employed by a mounted character in a charge.
Does that mean roll 2d8, or roll 1d8 and multiply by 2?

And what about Arktos? Can he still claw/claw/bite after charging?

A heads up to everyone, when Urthask charges and hits, allies gain a +2 bonus on their next attack roll against the target of that charge. This bonus must be used before Urthask's next turn, or it is lost.
Being that your mount functions as a separate creature, it will use up its actions separately. If it charges (2 acts) then it has one act still, which it can use for ONE of it's attacks (it takes all three acts to do a full attack action with natural attacks. This leaves you will all 3 of your acts left, if I'm reading it all right.

GB is indeed the leader (Goblin Boss).

You roll once and double the damage (I think).
Mar 31, 2016 7:07 pm
thedandyman says:
OOC:
How does diagonal movement work? Does moving to a diagonal square cost 5 feet as well, or does that cost extra movement?
I'm just going to go with 5 feet, diagonal or not :)
Mar 31, 2016 7:11 pm
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
My intention for Urthask just looking around before instead of attacking was because his instincts told himthere would be more goblins. Turns out he was right. I'm guessing I screwed it up by rolling low on the perception check.

Ok, so I've posted the narration for my turn but you'll have to help me out with the mechanics. I will probably get it all wrong so you'll have to straighten it out for me. :-D

Is GB the goblin leader? If I count the grid squares correctly Urthask is close enough to the target for a lance charge (even accounting for navigating around commoners). According to this, a charge will consume 2 actions. So after charging Urthask can still attack once with his bastard sword, correct?
Quote:
Lances and Charge Attacks: A lance deals double damage if employed by a mounted character in a charge.
Does that mean roll 2d8, or roll 1d8 and multiply by 2?

And what about Arktos? Can he still claw/claw/bite after charging?

A heads up to everyone, when Urthask charges and hits, allies gain a +2 bonus on their next attack roll against the target of that charge. This bonus must be used before Urthask's next turn, or it is lost.
Being that your mount functions as a separate creature, it will use up its actions separately. If it charges (2 acts) then it has one act still, which it can use for ONE of it's attacks (it takes all three acts to do a full attack action with natural attacks. This leaves you will all 3 of your acts left, if I'm reading it all right.

GB is indeed the leader (Goblin Boss).

You roll once and double the damage (I think).
Though after your mount charges with you on it, you are still limited to one attack. But you can use your other two acts for other things.

Also of Note:

When you attack a creature smaller than your mount that is on foot, you get the +1 bonus on melee attacks for being on higher ground. If your mount moves more than 5 feet, you can only make a single melee attack. Essentially, you have to wait until the mount gets to your enemy before attacking, so you can't make a full attack. Even at your mount's full speed, you don't take any penalty on melee attacks while mounted.

If your mount charges, you also take the AC penalty associated with a charge. If you make an attack at the end of the charge, you receive the bonus gained from the charge. When charging on horseback, you deal double damage with a lance (see Charge).

So, for attacking after a charge you will get +3 to hit (2 from charge, and 1 from height advantage) and double lance damage!
Mar 31, 2016 7:13 pm
Pathfinder is complicated! Guess that's why people call it Mathfinder lol
Mar 31, 2016 7:38 pm
Ok, I've added rolls to my post. I hope I didn't mess any of that up! In my narration I said Urthask yelled a challenge. Urthask actually does have a Challange ability that grants bonuses but I think I'll keep that purely RP for now as I'm not sure that action will fit in the action economy this round.
Apr 4, 2016 5:09 pm
Ok, so for my latest post I don't know if a disarm after the charge makes sense or if I should Overrun G2 instead. If you will allow me to change my actions, I think I'll do the Overrun instead (and apply the same combat maneuver roll if that's okay).
Last edited April 4, 2016 5:10 pm
Apr 4, 2016 5:24 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Ok, so for my latest post I don't know if a disarm after the charge makes sense or if I should Overrun G2 instead. If you will allow me to change my actions, I think I'll do the Overrun instead (and apply the same combat maneuver roll if that's okay).
Whatever you wanna do is fine. Feel free to change your actions up until the point that I make a post resolving it :)
Apr 4, 2016 5:42 pm
Naatkinson says:
Whatever you wanna do is fine. Feel free to change your actions up until the point that I make a post resolving it :)
Thanks! I've edited my post to include the following changes/comments:
*Choosing to Overrun G2 instead of the Disarm attempt on GB.
*Does Arktos also gain +2 to attack from Distracting Charge? If he does, I haven't factored that in.
*Also not factored in: +1 bonus to my attack roll (granted by Challenge).
Apr 4, 2016 5:52 pm
Arktos is your ally, so he will also gain the +2 to attack
Apr 4, 2016 7:34 pm
I'm having a hard time finding the Order of the Bear rules :( Got a link for me? I wanted to check it out.
Apr 4, 2016 7:57 pm
Naatkinson says:
I'm having a hard time finding the Order of the Bear rules :( Got a link for me? I wanted to check it out.
It's just a refluff of Order of the Dragon. ;-)
Apr 4, 2016 8:03 pm
Hmmm... The +1 only applies to your allies' attacks, not yours. It does apply to Arktos, though
Apr 4, 2016 8:08 pm
Ah. You're right. Thanks!

And because you made me look it up, I realized I'd missed the part about Perception and Survival being class skills for Urthask! And also forgot about the Aid Allies feature! Adding those to the character sheet now. :-)
Apr 4, 2016 10:40 pm
One thing that should be noted, when calculating an attack you add the base stat generally strength plus your bab, plus other misc. Modifiers such as +1 for being on a mount against unmounted, or charging +2, or weapon focus +1. For example, urthask charging against an unmounted target would be str(4)+bab(1)+3=8, his bear would be str(3)+bab(1)+2 from distracting charge so +6 on that one bite. Do not forget adding bab, it ends up being the most important.
Apr 5, 2016 12:25 am
D'oh yeah I keep forgetting BAB and also the higher ground bonus! :-P Will try to remember next time. Thanks!
Apr 5, 2016 5:48 pm
Just took a peek. Whips are exotic weapons. Without the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat you should be taking a -4 to all attacks with it unless I missed something.
Apr 5, 2016 6:34 pm
He also doesn't appear to have traits yet. One of those must be an heirloom whip for proficiency.
Apr 5, 2016 6:35 pm
Fatenori says:
He also doesn't appear to have traits yet. One of those must be an heirloom whip for proficiency.
Sounds good to me lol
Apr 5, 2016 7:14 pm
wow, I must be on to much benadryl. You are right. Ill have to take that proficiency as soon as I can...

Could I trade my Two weapon defense feat for the exotic proficiency?

Traits? Man I apparently missed a bit. Where would I find those?
Last edited April 5, 2016 7:18 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.