Little overwhelmed, but diving in!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 10, 2020 12:20 am
Hey everyone! Longtime GM here, hoping to get to play some games(and give back by running a few while I'm at it). I've been looking for a new site, because the one I usually play on has slowly drifted towards 99% D&D or PF games, with a smattering of like 3 other systems. Meanwhile, I've been buying and reading and devouring so many games that I can't wait to try, and never have the IRL or Online group to play with. I also just downloaded a few hundred shortform RPGs in the BLM bundle...

I'm most comfortable with 13th Age and Powered by the Apocalypse games right now, but I've gotten heavily into LANCER, Firebrands Hacks, Fellowship storytelling stuff, and a few other Indie games as of late. I'm not entirely sure what the "requesting to join a game" etiquette is, but I'm excited to poke around!
Jun 10, 2020 12:25 am
Welcome remspeedwagon! I bought that bundle too, some cool things to try. I most like the tons of new games I've played here that I'd never have tried IRL with my troupes.

As to etiquette, apply to what you want. GMs prerogative to take you or not. I find pming first or along with your app improves chances, or at least gets you a response when the answer is no.

Len

Jun 10, 2020 12:37 am
Welcome remspeedwagon!

I can't fight this feeling anymore, I have to tell you about the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

I've forgotten what I started fighting for, but don't you forget that new games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time! If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

It's time to bring this ship into the shore and throw away the oars forever, but before you do that, we'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

It's the end of this welcoming post as we know it (and I feel fine!) Happy gaming!
Last edited June 10, 2020 12:37 am
Jun 10, 2020 12:45 am
Hello and welcome!
Jun 10, 2020 1:31 am
lenpelletier says:
Welcome remspeedwagon!

I can't fight this feeling anymore, I have to tell you about the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

I've forgotten what I started fighting for, but don't you forget that new games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time! If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

It's time to bring this ship into the shore and throw away the oars forever, but before you do that, we'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

It's the end of this welcoming post as we know it (and I feel fine!) Happy gaming!
I appreciate the musical welcome, though you lost the plot a little on that last line! Thanks for the links, and the username based appreciation.
Last edited June 10, 2020 1:32 am

Len

Jun 10, 2020 1:55 am
Haha! Well your name is remspeedwagon so I threw some R.E.M. in there. I'm a big fan of both, couldn't help myself. Thanks for indulging my silliness and enjoy the site 😜
Jun 10, 2020 5:00 am
Welcome! This site has a variety of games being played, not just D&D and Pathfinder, so you've come to the right place
Jun 10, 2020 9:39 am
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome! This site has a variety of games being played, not just D&D and Pathfinder, so you've come to the right place
Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw that the Custom section was one of the biggest! And likely where I'l spend most of my GM time, as I set up games of various PbtA, FitD, and Firebrands engine games. Oh. and LANCER of cojrse. Gotta get at least a LITTLE mech punching in.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.