Space game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 7, 2020 1:34 am
Thanks!
Sep 7, 2020 3:09 pm
If the game isn't full I'd love to participate. I've never played a play-by-post game before or used the d6 system, but I love sci fi and writing so it feels like a good match for me to get started in both.
Sep 7, 2020 9:10 pm
You are gladly welcomed into the game FoxRafer.

I just sent out the invites.
Just head to the character creation section in the game forum, copy the character sheet template and make a thread where your character sheet is the first post.
I'll guide you through the character creation process.
Sep 7, 2020 11:26 pm
How many bodies do you have? Almost all of the games I’m in have collapsed, Covid sucks... I recall the old Star Wars d6 by WEG.
Sep 8, 2020 5:24 am
You're lucky. One place is left. Invite is on the way to you
Feb 6, 2021 10:52 pm
Bumping the thread because some players left.
We are reaching a point where I could neatly fit in new characters and we'd have place for 1-3 additional players.

You can find the game description at the start of the thread or at the game page
Feb 6, 2021 11:12 pm
I'll pile on, if you'll have me. Space games are what I live for...
Feb 6, 2021 11:17 pm
I'm interested. Its always fun to learn a new system :)
Feb 6, 2021 11:36 pm
Great! Glad to hear that. Invites are on the way.
Feb 8, 2021 9:43 pm
sooo. are there any free spots? I've been playing one PBP right now for more than 1 year. Would like to give a try some SF :)
Feb 11, 2021 3:48 pm
bdciopp says:
sooo. are there any free spots? I've been playing one PBP right now for more than 1 year. Would like to give a try some SF :)
Sorry I just noticed your post now.
If you're still interested we'd have one spot left
Feb 11, 2021 4:10 pm
I am interested. I would like to play a sentient ape.
Feb 11, 2021 4:27 pm
SJoyner72 says:
[ +- ] What a strange race 🤣
Last edited February 11, 2021 4:28 pm
Feb 11, 2021 4:28 pm
SJoyner72 says:
Psst... you're supposed to call them humans.
Feb 11, 2021 5:59 pm
SJoyner72 says:
I've invited bdciopp as he was first. If a spot clears I'll give a shoutout again
Aug 5, 2021 7:56 pm
Hey there. I'm gonna bump this one as we are open for applications again.
We have room for up totwo or three players more.

The group returns to the base from their first mission and maybe they'll meet someone their who wants to help out and make a little money in return ;)

You can find the game description at the start of the thread or at the game page
Aug 9, 2021 6:55 am
Don't suppose you have room for a Neo-Luddite Space Barbarian type. Maybe the lone survivor of a failed colony on a backwater?
Aug 12, 2021 9:35 am
Hmmmm... Well I plan for the campaign to heavily feature space ships and stations as well as future technology.
If you can make your barbarian work in this setting you are welcome ^^
Aug 12, 2021 9:59 am
Scrol says:
Hmmmm... Well I plan for the campaign to heavily feature space ships and stations as well as future technology.
If you can make your barbarian work in this setting you are welcome ^^
I see him as some kind of combat engineer, not a soldier, but picked up compatible skill sets mining ice on his homeworld before some new untested science (biological weapon?) Killed everyone but him. Where he's just now coming back into society after years of bitter survival in the hardest conditions imaginable. Now that life is great, he's just a hedonist trying to love everyone and everything.

Sometimes, you just need to hit technology, really hard, to make it work. Not talking about necessarily a completely technologically inept savage. Just someone who eschews it.

For instance mechanics tools = good, I like making things and life on the frontier has made me really skilled at it
Communications device = I can see naked women on this? Awesome! Oh I can meet them too? How is this not the most important thing in your lives?
Guns = great!
Talking to people about things that are real = I'm not very good at it, but I'll always make a good point

Spaceship = probably good most people rave about them but he's only been on one other. And it worked a lot better than this one. But I don't really notice it when I'm inside one, it's just like... a room with different rules and higher stakes.
New worlds = well mostly all the good ones are called backwaters and no one seems to go there, your cities suck, they stink, and the people get up to a kind of crazy I don't don't understand

New unproven technology that has not been used by humans for centuries = very scary and bad keep that shit away from me or I'll shoot you.
Experimental genetic therapy to improve humans = bad and also pointless, especially if they can't beat him at chess or arm wrestling.
Talking to self important people who don't understand that life is a collective = look either I'll kill them, or they'll kill me, and I am going to try to be the one who lives.

The kinda guy who looks at the words "enhanced water" and wonders how such a thing is possible. More importantly why it tastes different. Why it is twice as expensive as plain Ole water, and who is dumb enough to buy such an obvious marketing gimmick. All before realizing that he is the only person drinking regular boring water.

Col. Jack O'Niell, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, and Amos Burton are good examples of the character I'm talking about.

But I haven't the foggiest on how to Stat this guy out.
Aug 12, 2021 3:22 pm
Sounds good! I've sent you an invite. We will figure the details out in the character creation thread
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.