Chapter 2, Days 8-10

load previous
Apr 12, 2016 12:38 am
"Yes, that does make sense," Zaris says looking towards the north again. "I have a cousin twice removed on my mother's side that had moved out into the marshes to cultivate the plant antheres pontificoneis, useful in the concoction of healing potions."A wide smile crosses his face. "We may be reunited!" he exclaims cheerfully.
Apr 12, 2016 4:56 am
"Zaris, what are you talking about? Are we leaving?" I could've sworn we had something that needed doing now. "Where are we going?"
Apr 12, 2016 12:05 pm
"Xara, we need numbers. The elves can provide that. Besides, we need to get to Rhest anyway!" he replies.
Apr 12, 2016 3:23 pm
"Can we at least finish our breakfast or did someone light a fire under your seat that I didn't notice? Though I do agree that seeking the ad of the elves is the best course of action."
Apr 12, 2016 3:53 pm
Pawetha scratches inside her tunic at an itch, though secretly clasping the tucked bit of fleece. She points at Zaris and asks casually, "You mean that fire?"

There are flames directly under Zaris' seat, licking up from the ground.

Rolls

Sleight of Hand (Minor Illusion) - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Apr 12, 2016 8:30 pm
"Look, we need to help these people before its too late and if we don't-" Zaris stops mid sentence as he looks down at the flames covering his lower body. "Oh no, oh no, oh no!" he screams before running away from the camp, stopping, dropping, and rolling around thrashing about violently.
Apr 12, 2016 10:37 pm
"Huh." I casually check to make sure that I am not also on fire before looking back at Zaris. "Is he alright? Should we help him?"
Apr 12, 2016 10:45 pm
Pawetha doubles over and falls to her back in laughter. Perhaps the first time she has laughed in a long while.
Apr 12, 2016 11:14 pm
"Someone help me!" the wizard screams.
Apr 12, 2016 11:52 pm
Lying on her back and having enjoyed her fun, Pawetha dismisses the flames with a raised fist and thumbs-up.
Apr 13, 2016 11:49 am
The flames having died down, Zaris begins to appreciate what has happened to him. He looks over at the laughing gnome and cracks the slightest bit of a smile. "Amusing," he says before getting up, dusting himself off, and then retreating to a near by tree. He sits himself down, pulls out a book and proceeds to sulk.
Apr 15, 2016 3:44 am
I grin at Paws, and find a comfortable spot in the grass to kick up my heels, relax and wait for everyone else to finish their breakfast. Today is a good day.
Apr 15, 2016 4:10 am
Ghunril slowly removes the pot from the cook fire and places it on the rock ring around the fire making sure that it won't tip over in his absence. As he stands he shoots a frustrated glare at Paws and walks over to where Zaris is sitting. After crouching so he is more even with the seated mage he says, "If I had know she was going to cast the illusion I would not have made the joke. My apologies."
Apr 15, 2016 7:41 pm
"No apology necessary," Zaris replies. "Given our situation, a little levity probably isn't such a bad thing." He grimaces slightly. "Do you think this is even a battle we can win?" he asks in all seriousness.
Apr 16, 2016 1:20 am
Her morning mirth well and done, Pawetha begins to break down her bedroll and gather her equipment. Once breakfast is served, it will be time to break camp and continue on the hard trek across the marsh.
Apr 16, 2016 9:28 am
Having woken early, I went on my own for prayer and meditation. Filled with a sense of divine purpose and a bit of self-righteousness, I come back to the others feeling as though I've miss something, maybe a joke. Whatever it is, no one brings it up so I dismiss it as I gather my things.
Apr 16, 2016 7:36 pm
"I do think we can win this war. we have moved the vale to a safer place and given warning to the militia's in the area so they will be more prepared than the Red Hand expected, so not so easily swept over. Come, let us finish breakfast and find your Kin." Ghunril motions toward the group and starts back toward the fire.
Apr 18, 2016 3:23 pm
"I do hope you're right Ghundril," the wizard replies walking along side, head held high scanning the horizon.
Apr 20, 2016 9:43 pm
The group finishes breakfast and packs up the camp before heading north towards the Black Fens. The forest slowly gives way to the marsh as the ground underfoot slowly changes from solid to thick and muddy. It takes effort to pick a path that doesn't have you suddenly knee deep in muck or swamp water, but through Pawetha's guidance you manage without much trouble. As the sun begins to reach the horizon, the sky turning a dark and ominous red, the stench of death reaches your nostrils.

A low, mossy island of mud and peat protrudes from the marsh waters ahead. Two gnarled trees grow fitfully on the rugged ground, and sprawled across their turgid roots is the ruined and bloody remains of a horse-sized owl. The once-magnificent bird's body has been partially dissolved in places, and swaths of foul, dark green fluid still sizzle and pop, eating away at exposed flesh and bone.
Apr 20, 2016 10:32 pm
Pawetha stifles a curse. She glances around, mindful of where she steps lest the apparent acidic fluid touch her. The ranger inspects the remains to determine the nature of the wounds and perhaps where the creature came from.

Rolls

Nature on Owl - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Investigation on Scene - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.