Chapter 2, Days 8-10

load previous
May 4, 2016 3:08 pm
Seeing the beasts attention turn elsewhere Ghunril uses both hands to stab with his spear.

Rolls

Spear Attack (two handed) - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d8+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

May 4, 2016 3:21 pm
"No, no, no, no!" exclaims Zaris as the creature strides towards him. He drops into a crouch and prepares to leap to one side when the beast is within range.
OOC:
Taking the Dodge action on my next turn if possible.
May 4, 2016 5:03 pm
As the beast drops its defenses and charges the wizard, Xara, Kaiakas and Ghunril take advantage of the opening... Xara's blade deflects off the creatures hide, and Ghunril's spear pierces the air where the creature had been a moment before... but Kaiakas' blade finds the creatures throat and cuts across it in a flash of frost. The creature's momentum carries it forward and Zaris rolls out of the way in a panic, avoiding being crushed by the dead weight of the now-dead creature. It lays on the ground, twitching a little as the murky water around it slowly grows black with its blood.
May 4, 2016 5:18 pm
Pawetha nocks another arrow, scanning the waters for signs of another dragon-thing. Having seen this beast rise up out the water, the ranger squirrels away the memory in the hopes that it could avoid another ambush. She rejoins the group.
OOC:
Where's everyone at, HP wise?
May 4, 2016 5:50 pm
Unable to summon the strength to stand after my last swing, I kneel in the muck. A half smile crosses my face before my sword and shield slip out of my hand and I collapse.
OOC:
After failing that save again I'm at -2 hp. Death save, right?
OOC:
Woohoo! Unconscious but stable.
Last edited May 4, 2016 5:55 pm

Rolls

Con save - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Death Save - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 4, 2016 5:54 pm
"Whew, I thought for a sec that it would scratch me for sure!" I dust off my clothes and pick up my daggers from the ground before turning towards Paws. "Say, you think this one could make some nice armor too?
May 4, 2016 5:58 pm
Pawetha immediately slides to her knees at Kaiakas' side, placing her hand on the tiefling's face. The gnome's hand glows lightly as she whispers a blessing of Baervan and Cures his Wounds. Then she slaps Kaiakas across the cheek.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

May 4, 2016 6:21 pm
Healed by Paws, I take a gasping breath an instant before a slap across my cheek sends a flush of anger through me. My arm jerks up into the air to retaliate against whoever dared strike me. Recognizing my "attacker" as my savior, I freeze with my hand above my chest. After a brief, awkward moment, I slowly lower my hand onto my body and close my eyes as a soft golden light envelopes me, closing most of my wounds.
Making my way to my feet, I shake hands with Paws, smiling. "Thank you."
OOC:
Using Lay on Hands to heal myself for 20 points. I don't suppose this whole thing cancels out the poisoned effect, huh?
Last edited May 4, 2016 6:21 pm
May 4, 2016 6:27 pm
OOC:
Falling unconscious ended the ongoing damage, so you're ok now!
May 4, 2016 6:56 pm
"You're starting to develop a bad habit," huffs Pawetha, recalling the previous encounter at Skull Gorge Bridge. "Pretty soon it'll be night-night for the knight-knight." She uses the outstretched hand of Kaiakas to stand.

The ranger approaches the corpse of the dragon-thing and at Xara's words, begins to inspect the body. Not only to determine what could be made of its hide and parts, but the nature of the beast itself.
Last edited May 4, 2016 6:57 pm

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Nature (inspiration) - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

May 4, 2016 8:19 pm
Zaris rises from the ground to dust himself off. He walks past the dead creature and examines it closely. "What is this thing?" he asks aloud. He leans over its head and pulls back one of the eye lids to look more closely.

Rolls

Arcana check for ID of the creature - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

May 4, 2016 8:25 pm
The ranger's words give me pause. I have come close to meeting Tyr more than once. I begin to wonder if I'm being wreckless.

"It is dead. That is what matters." I look down at the corpse with disdain before going to Ghundril. "Are you injured?
May 4, 2016 8:30 pm
"Besides the abating effects of the poison, no. I have never seen such a beast even though it seems we share some commonality." Ghunril walks up to the beast and starts helping identify anything that might be useful on the creature.
OOC:
I'm at 16/24 HP due to the poison blast
May 4, 2016 8:55 pm
Both Pawetha and Zaris are at a loss to identify the creature. It has some features of a dragon-kin; the scales, the wings, the shape of its nose... but, the serrated scales and the lack of forelegs distinct from its wings are not features of any dragons that either have heard of, encountered or read about. There's almost no salvageable hide, and its bones, upon closer inspection, seem rather frail - hollow, like a birds. Good for its ability to fly, perhaps, but no good for making more than a decoration or trinket out of.
May 4, 2016 8:57 pm
I break off a piece of bone and add it to my necklace of trinkets.
May 4, 2016 9:04 pm
Having just experienced the poison, I call upon the healing power of Tyr without hesitation.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

May 4, 2016 9:08 pm
As the healing power washes over Ghunril, he shrugs his shoulders resettling himself now that some of the pain is gone. He nods to Kaiakas "Thank you my friend."
May 4, 2016 9:28 pm
"Maybe next time we come across one of those I should go in first? This head-on approach is not working so well for you all."
May 4, 2016 10:51 pm
"It ambushed us from the water," observes Pawetha. "Whether it heard or saw us, it can likely hold its breath for a long time. I'd warrant that it might have been responsible for the owl kill and was lying in wait." She shrugs, however, to indicate that it's purely speculation based on her observations of other animal life.
May 4, 2016 10:54 pm
Not seeing a point in such a discussion, I keep an eye out for other dangers as I wait for everyone to be ready to move on.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.