Chapter 2, Days 8-10

load previous
May 4, 2016 11:04 pm
"Well, we're still alive, so we must be doing something right! Where to next?"
May 4, 2016 11:16 pm
"We need to find the elves, who should be around here," says Pawetha, looking up at the sky and around the marsh. She looks around for a Small Beast she can chat with.
May 5, 2016 11:54 am
Zaris moves to stand next to Kaiakas scanning the horizon himself. "Do you reckon this is the only one?" he asks quietly. "I have an unnerving feeling that these things travel in groups." He pulls out his wand and twirls it around in his hand. "We need to find the elves, and we need to find them soon," he says to the group.
May 5, 2016 1:12 pm
"I think if we stay here, there will be more." I nod in agreement with Zaris. "We need to leave. Find the elves of this land."
May 5, 2016 1:37 pm
You hear a strange rush of wind and see soaring overhead five giant owls like the one that lies dead in the clearing. Each bears a rider- a dark-haired elf wearing leather armour dyed green and brown to match the colours of the marsh. The flying elves circle the area twice, and then alight next to the slain owl. They study you with narrowed eyes. Then one speaks. "Who are you?" he demands, "What are you doing in the marsh?"
May 5, 2016 1:50 pm
"Trying to find you, actually! Or the elven settlement, that is. We're looking for allies. Not sure if you've heard, but we have a goblin problem. And a dragon problem. This owl thing was dead when we got here."
Last edited May 5, 2016 4:08 pm
May 5, 2016 3:55 pm
Pawetha expected a smaller beast, but shows no disappointment as she spies the giant owls appearing like silent ghosts. Rather, her expression is one of mixed wonderment and jealousy. She pays no mind to the speaking elves and spends her time admiring the owls from where she stands by the dragon-thing's corpse.
May 5, 2016 4:24 pm
The elf straightens, as if to emphasize that he is taller than Xara, "We've our own problems here, we don't need self-serving adventurers getting themselves killed in the marsh."
May 5, 2016 4:32 pm
"Master Elf, as you can see we are far from dead, unlike the beast that killed one of your mighty steads. And if the goblin horde that Xara mentioned isn't dealt with, there will be far more than this one casualty in the marshes." Ghunril bows to the Elf, "I am Ghunril of Clan Ophinshtalajiir, I joined my comrades at Drelin's Ferry when the oncoming horde blocked my path back to my clan. We have come seeking your help in removing a road block the horde established east of here.

May we have the benefit of your name?"

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

May 5, 2016 4:33 pm
"Ghunril saw the army with his own eyes! We're talking about an organized horde of goblins and other nasties. Allied with dragons. I killed one of them but who knows how many more there are!"
Last edited May 5, 2016 4:35 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

May 5, 2016 4:43 pm
Pawetha briefly takes her eyes off the majestic owls to look at the elf. The group seems to be handling the diplomatic part well enough to not need her involvement, and her own rough-and-tumble attitude would likely frighten the elves off (to her mind). She approaches the gathering, steering herself to proximity and vantage to admire the owls once again.

The ranger doesn't know if these giant owls are anything like their smaller cousins and can understand her, but she breathlessly whispers under her breath, "...you're pretty..."
May 5, 2016 7:35 pm
Hoping to improve things, I step forward. "Please, we mean no disrespect. What has been said is true. The only reason we came here was to seek your help against an army of goblins and dragons." I take out the painting of Tiamat while beckoning for the map with goblin notes on it, presenting both to the elves. "This is our foe. This is why we need you."
OOC:
YES! NAT 20!
Last edited May 5, 2016 7:35 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

May 6, 2016 4:32 pm
OOC:
The map was given to Teyani to take back to Brindol. Can we say that Pawetha made a copy using her excellent memory of maps?
May 6, 2016 5:15 pm
OOC:
Someone has to spend an Inspiration for that (1 if its Paws, 2 if Paws doesn't have any but others want to chip in), but yes.
May 6, 2016 5:21 pm
OOC:
I'll spend the inspiration for that! Paws will even retain the Goblin language and the graffiti of a beheaded human, just because.
Last edited May 6, 2016 5:22 pm
May 8, 2016 1:42 pm
"What problems do you have? Perhaps they are connected? Zaris asks.
May 10, 2016 12:09 am
The elf's expression remains stern, "Killiar." He turns and strides towards the owl. He kneels and plucks a jade band off of its leg. Examining it, his expression becomes more dour and he gestures towards the dead dragon-beast, "Carve the corpse." At his command, two of his companions take out hunting knives and begin to work over the corpse.

He turns to address Kaiakas, "If you are here to help, come with me to my camp. The speaker will wasn't to talk with you."

As this happens Pawetha notices a small iron coffer sitting atop the grassy knoll that the giant owl lays dead atop.
May 10, 2016 12:18 am
Pawetha approaches the slain owl, touching the feathers like one mourning the passage of majesty. She touches the coffer with the tip of her boot and looks around to see if it was secured on the ground, or could have possibly been part of the owl's possessions.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

May 10, 2016 12:20 am
The coffer is rusted, and sunken into the ground. It has clearly been sitting here longer than the owl.
May 10, 2016 12:37 am
Pawetha catches Xara's attention, tipping her head sideways to point her to the item on the ground.

She then steps away to draw attention and approaches Killiar, looking up past the owl (though her eyes flit occasionally to admire the face). "I am Pawetha Foxfur Fenniklock Spriglan, Treeguard of the Mossgrove," she says, lowering her fox-headed hood to reveal a disheveled mop of black hair tangled with small twigs and leaves. "I humbly thank you for your invitation."

The ranger finishes her thanks with a bow, eyes downward.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.