Chapter 2, Days 8-10

load previous
May 18, 2016 4:03 pm
"Right, so we're not going to let that happen. We go find the army and take out the biggest threat, am I right?" I turn towards Killian. "Hey, by any chance do you have any good blacksmiths here? I've got a couple of knives that need sharpening." I take out the two unfinished dragony blades and wave 'em around.
Last edited May 19, 2016 4:18 pm
May 19, 2016 12:14 pm
"Yes, but how do we decide which is the biggest threat?" Zaris replies, a note of frustration in his voice. "We need that army now!"
May 19, 2016 4:11 pm
"Spring too fast on the hare, you'll end up with grass in your teeth," says Pawetha. "Show some patience, observe the conditions, and then you'll know when to pounce."

The ranger turns to Zaris. "We check out this 'Saarvith' and make sure there are no surprises. Especially if we think dragons are involved. Once we understand the environment and what we're up against, we can try to think up a plan."
May 19, 2016 7:45 pm
Zaris frowns at Paws. "Yes, of course. But I think we need scouts sent to all of the relevant positions to 'observe the conditions' as you say."
May 19, 2016 8:20 pm
"Aren't we the scouts? You're saying we should each visit a different location and then report our findings?"
May 19, 2016 9:16 pm
"It would seem inadvisable to split up with the harrowblades roaming around then fen. It took all of us to take down the beast, I would definitely not want to meet one of them on my own."
May 20, 2016 12:51 am
You head outside the house to continue your discussion and leave Sellyria to her business. Outside Killian says, "You wished to speak with my scouts, or can I answer your questions" to Pawetha.
May 20, 2016 2:52 am
"Either. I mainly wanted to know what you've been able to gather about these harrowblades," says Pawetha. "Also, I'm not familiar with your marshland, so if there are tips and tricks for navigating these fine folk around, I would greatly appreciate studying under your guidance and expertise."
May 20, 2016 9:02 pm
I'm simply saying we need more scout parties," he relies, obviously frustrated with the discussion. "Nevermind, we need to get to work on all of this."
May 23, 2016 4:01 pm
"After you, Paws." I give Zaris a shrug.
Last edited May 23, 2016 4:01 pm
May 24, 2016 12:02 pm
Zaris returns a shrug to Xara but lets the matter rest. He stands near Killian and waits for Paws to start asking question, clearly not interested in any more mild arguments over their tactics.
May 25, 2016 12:00 am
Killian shrugs, "The harrowblades are dragon-kin, I am sure. They share too many features not to be related, but I don't know what made them. They lack the strength and power of even a wyrmling, and yet they are fast and agile in ways unlike dragons. Be wary of their claws, their serrated scales and their breath. Treat the battle with the same respect you treat a battle with a dragon, and you might survive." He then spends some time explaining to Pawetha how not to get lost in the marsh, warning her of the kinds of missteps travellers often make.
OOC:
Paws now has advantage on Survival checks in the Blackfens
May 25, 2016 6:30 pm
Ghunril stand next to Zaris, also content to watch the discussion unfold around him without any input needed.
May 25, 2016 6:49 pm
After the quick lesson on the Blackfens and its inhabitants, Paws nods. "Thank you, Killian. This is all good advice, which I've taken to heart." Paws feels a kinship with the scout, at least on an occupational level, and this might explain her more-respectful tone compared to other conversations she's had.

She turns to the group. "What now? Check out the blockades, or make directly for Rhest?"
May 25, 2016 6:51 pm
"Rhest?" I offer helpfully.
May 25, 2016 7:01 pm
"Well, yeah, these elves have given us a place to sleep. You want to rest now?" asks Pawetha.
May 25, 2016 7:21 pm
"Rest and then off to Rhest. A certain synergy in that plan," Zaris says with a gentle laugh.
May 25, 2016 9:03 pm
"Rest, then rest again. Sure, why not?"
May 26, 2016 12:18 am
"Okay, so we'll ignore the blockades for now," Pawetha mumbles, mulling things in her mind. "That might be good, maybe their base is in the ruins and keeps them supplied. Cut off the head of this one and the blockades will be easier to clear later."
May 26, 2016 12:22 pm
Zaris sits himself down against a tree and retrieves a book from his pack, Alchemy and Invisibility: a case study. He tunes out the rest of the world. "Three parts of willow bark mixed with spirit of ether will often be the perfect base liquid to add in poppy flowers..." Yes, this could work," he mumbled to himself.
Last edited May 26, 2016 12:23 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.