Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Aug 11, 2016 9:42 pm
"We must get your friend to town. If we stay and there is a fight, we may not be able to protect him."
OOC:
So maybe a SR before getting too far so we have strength to face wandering baddies this evening, then camp somewhere "safe" on the way to town for a LR?
Aug 11, 2016 10:07 pm
I give Gundren over to Kama and Stormsong. Then, I recover as many of my arrows from the bodies as I can, cleaning them with scraps of cloth. "A brief rest, then we continue and camp in the forest. We'll make it to town tomorrow afternoon."
Last edited August 11, 2016 10:08 pm
Aug 11, 2016 10:37 pm
Stormsong, with a little heat from Gimblyn, brews some tea for everyone while they tend to their wounds. Then, he begins to sing a curiously soothing song in his deep baritone.
OOC:
an extra 6hp for everyone!
Stormsong is up to 11+10=21hp
Last edited August 11, 2016 10:42 pm

Rolls

Hit die - (1d8+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Song of Rest healing bonus - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Second hit die - (1d8+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Aug 11, 2016 10:38 pm
You can make time for a short rest safely.
OOC:
Don't forget to gain your level!
Aug 11, 2016 10:49 pm
OOC:
Level up increase to max hit points (can I get a 3rd '1' in a row?) -- ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!
Ability score increase: +1 STR, +1 CHA
Now 23/25
Last edited August 12, 2016 11:50 am

Rolls

Level up HP - (1d8+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Aug 12, 2016 7:59 am
Kama, thankful for the chance to recuperate, gladly partakes in tea. He closes his eyes and listens to the goliath's song, mentally picturing each word in meditation.
OOC:
Took the standard HP increase for myself. Spending 2 HD to recover more!

Now at 26/31 HP
Last edited August 12, 2016 8:00 am

Rolls

HP Recovery - (2d10+4)

(52) + 4 = 11

Aug 12, 2016 11:23 am
I close my eyes and still my mind.

Rolls

HP Recovery - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Aug 12, 2016 12:08 pm
OOC:
fyi -- Gimblyn only gets the extra 6hp from the bard song if he uses a hit die...
Aug 12, 2016 9:30 pm
OOC:
Well, I rolled your chance to encounter something bad, and you got nothing, so you make it back to town safely with Gundren in tow
The following afternoon, you make it back to Phandalin, thankfully without any enemies finding you. Where are you going to go first? Gundren is still weak and hasn't really woken up for more than a few minutes at a time to eat before passing back out. You can tell he's getting better, but it will still be some time before he's back to his normal self.
OOC:
You should all now be fully healed and recovered any abilities that you were missing before!
Aug 12, 2016 11:06 pm
Kama splits the coins amongst the party and each person gets 11 gold, 63 silver, 40 electrum, and 26 copper. Since Gimblyn already has one of the diamonds, Kama gives the remaining two to both Xora and Stormsong.

As for the three potions of healing, Kama doles one to each to the others. He inquires if anyone wants the Potion of Flying and freely gives it to whomever shows interest. Kama also asks if someone wants to hold onto the enchanted berries given by Reidoth for dealing with the dragon Venomfang.

When he has a chance, Kama visits the Lionshield Coster to sell the shortsword, dagger, and morningstar. The maul he had been carrying around is reluctantly sold as well, as the half-orc has a new-found interest in the magical longsword.

Kama then seeks out Mirna Dendrar and returns her family's fine emerald pendant.

Finally, he stops by the Shrine of Tymora for a consultation with Sister Garaele. He confesses the close calls twice-experienced on his journey through the woods (in addition to the one time here in Phandalin), saved each time by the presence of his dragonborn companion. Kama has come to the suspicion that the Goddess of Luck must be acting through Xora in keeping him upright, and expresses an interest in representing Tymora on his path towards becoming a paladin.

Should Tymora accept, Kama visits the forge to see about crafting the one gold piece remaining from the hobgoblin encounter into Tymora's holy symbol.

Finally, whatever money was acquired from his sale of the extra weapons is used to buy food and drink for the party, and anyone else that happens to be around.
Last edited August 12, 2016 11:08 pm
Aug 13, 2016 1:13 am
Kama
OOC:
Anything you want to sell will sell for half of the PHB listed price

Mirna is astounded by your kindness, she had offered up its location as payment for her rescue, not to ask you to get it back for her.
OOC:
Gain one inspiration

Garaele is ecstatic at your revelation and newfound devotion to Lady Luck. She assures you that once your tasks are done, you will always have a home at her shrine.

You find out that the shrine has a single, simple residence behind it, which she currently stays in. She seems very shy about offering that to you, and waits to find out if you'd take her up on the offer. You get the feeling that your decision is very important to her.

She writes a note to the smith, requesting that he allow you to use his tools to work on your holy symbol. He gladly accepts Garaele vouching for you and allows you full access to his smithy.
Aug 13, 2016 3:01 am
Stormsong, of course, declines the diamond and potion, as these were clearly acquired before he joined up with the party.

Not knowing his status with his new group of traveling companions, he says, "It was a pleasure making your acquaintance, and I quite enjoyed fighting along side you all. If you're interested, I'd very much like to continue traveling with you -- it's wonderfully eventful! I'm filling up my notebook with prose and lyrics. Now then, where can someone find good drink, food, and company in this town? I think I'll play for my supper. "
Last edited August 13, 2016 4:35 am
Aug 13, 2016 5:58 pm
Before he set off on his own errands, Kama points out the Stonehill Inn to Stormsong. "That's where we've been staying. They're pretty good." He then holds out his hand to the goliath. "I, for one, would be glad to have you along. You've proven yourself back at the castle, that's for sure. I also won't lie: we've got orcs on the horizon that threaten this very town, and they're probably our next task while we wait for Gundren to get better."
OOC:
Later, at the shrine...
Kama carefully considers Garaele's offer. "That's very kind," he says. "It's always good to have a place to call home. I think, once we've finished our tasks, it would be nice to return."

At the forge, Kama works metal to craft a simple bracket in the shape of a horseshoe to hold the gold coin in place. He attaches the bracket to a chain, which can lie across his waist like a belt or harness, or around his neck.
OOC:
Let me know if I need to roll anything. I have proficiency in smith's tools, but not jeweler's.
Aug 14, 2016 1:30 pm
Gimblyn was overwhelmed from the adventure at the castle. He wasn't used to the fast pace life of an adventurer. The forest gnome was more of a scatterbrained wanderer. None the less, he enjoyed his new companions and had followed them back to town. Their poise made the exploring feel safe, though more likely to run into trouble.

Tumtwig wasn't ready to explore town thoroughly. He found a nice spot in front of the Stonehill Inn and told Kama that's where he would be. The forest gnome wanted to work on his craft and make a respectable bow for Xora... Gimblyn believes his bows are better than any other.
OOC:
I want Gimblyn to start crafting a bow on his down time. Not sure how long that takes, but he is putting a lot of thought, effort and patience into it. :)

Edit: 19/22 HP
Last edited August 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Rolls

Hit Die plus extra thing from bardman? - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (6) = 6

Aug 15, 2016 3:52 am
I nod to Stormstrong. "You have proven yourself. If you are to join us, I must purchase additional supplies. Once that is done, I will join you. Sing well." It's been some time since I've heard a performance. Music had been such an important part of my clan. I didn't even realize I missed it until now. Perhaps one day I will have the chance to play the drums again.

I realize quickly that I have let my mind wander. I snap back to attention so I may focus on the task at hand. First I will go in search of proper cookware and food storage supplies. Clearly the meals I have provided for my traveling companions could use some improvement. The wild game and fresh fruit I've foraged was basic. Good for a day's travel, but lacking in the complexity that proper seasoning and complementary dry goods would provide. I go in search of additional spices, cheeses, grains and some ale. I tell myself that well-prepared meals will help maintain morale, and therefore performance. It is for the good of our group that I do this!

Once I've found what supplies I can afford, I will forage for any game, fruits, or nuts that can be dried or stored for longer periods of time.
Aug 15, 2016 7:19 pm
A proper iron pot, with seasonings and other assorted cooking supplies will cost Xora 6 gp. Cheese, grains and ale will cost an additional 4 gp. Xora heads out of town to search for game and forage for fruit and nuts.
OOC:
Roll me a survival check!
Aug 15, 2016 7:22 pm
I spend an hour or two searching for plump game and ripe fruits/vegetation.
OOC:
With Wanderer I automatically can find food, but I figure rolling can determine how good it is...

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Aug 15, 2016 7:27 pm
Xora brings down a huge deer and a couple of fat rabbits and finds a well-hidden area of the nearby woods with abundant vegetation where she can get a large amount of produce.
Aug 15, 2016 8:00 pm
OOC:
FYI, Kama already has an iron pot, plus fishing tackle and a pole whenever we chance upon a lake or stream.
Aug 15, 2016 8:07 pm
OOC:
Maybe Xora will get a spit or some kind of grill instead? We're gonna have the best (and oddest for anyone who runs into us) gourmet dinner party ever!
load next

Thread locked