Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Aug 11, 2016 4:34 pm
I mark the bugbear as my new quarry, firing at its head.

Rolls

Attack + Hunter's Mark - (1d20+7, 1d8+3, 1d6)

1d20+7 : (16) + 7 = 23

1d8+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

1d6 : (5) = 5

Aug 11, 2016 5:05 pm
Working together seamlessly, Kama, Xora, and Stormsong attack from three separate angles and take the huge monster down. It slumps to the ground, dead.
OOC:
You all gain 700 xp!
As the chaos ends and you get a chance to look around, you realize that the drow wasn't a drow at all. What was once a beautiful drow female is now a humanoid with grayish skin and a featureless face: A doppleganger. It's no wonder it hit like a runaway wagon!

Gundren Rockseeker is slumped unconscious on the floor in the corner.
OOC:
You should all be at level 4 now!

Also, Gimblyn has to select which Metamagics he wants from the list
He already used Twinned Spell, so he has to select one more
Aug 11, 2016 5:51 pm
I take several strides towards Gundren, checking on his physical well-being.

Rolls

Medicine check - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Aug 11, 2016 5:54 pm
As Xora tends to the dwarf, Kama inspects the bodies of the slain, starting with the bugbear.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Aug 11, 2016 6:05 pm
Xora bends down over Gundren to check on him and, despite all of the blood, he looks to be in no danger of dying.

Among the bodies, Kama is able to find 18 gp and 17 cp. He also finds a shortsword, a dagger, and a morningstar. The armor the enemies were using is unusable now.
Aug 11, 2016 6:10 pm
"We carry him out and return quickly. Not sure who else may be after him." I attempt to lift him up and carry him over my shoulder.

Rolls

Strength Check - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Aug 11, 2016 6:13 pm
As Xora lifts him over her shoulder, he coughs and groans, "What are ye doing here, girl?" he asks quietly then shifts to look around the room at the carnage, "Well, good on ye, killed 'em good, ye did. Ye gotta find me map, can't leave that here for them to find."
Aug 11, 2016 6:19 pm
Kama resumes his search, looking for a map. If he cannot find it in the possession of the bodies, he will search the room.
Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm
Kama tears apart the room and finds a stash of items under the bugbear's mattress:

220 sp, 160 ep (electrum), three potions of healing (2d4+2). and a map.
Aug 11, 2016 6:43 pm
"Found a map," announces Kama. He holds it up to Gundren to verify that it's the one they're looking for, and if confirmed, will join Xora in getting out of the castle.
Aug 11, 2016 6:51 pm
Gundren smiles weakly and nods, "Good job, boy," he says with a chuckle before passing out again.

You are able to make it out of the castle with no confrontation.

Rolls

Anything happen on the way out?

Aug 11, 2016 7:36 pm
"Xora, give me the old dwarf," suggests Kama. "Your eyes are much better in these woods for leading us to a safe spot."

Rolls

Strength Check - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Aug 11, 2016 8:16 pm
Stormsong is a bit surprised at the Doppleganger, and wonders what business these two could have had with each other. Before leaving, Stormsong will do his own inspection, focusing on the Doppleganger and Bugbear, looking for clues.

"That dwarf is quite the bag of stones", thinks Stormsong, assisting as needed as they head to the woods.

Remembering the report of voices behind the curtain, he looks wistfully back toward the castle.
"So...no more looting of the ruins?", he asks, hopefully.

Rolls

Strength - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Aug 11, 2016 8:30 pm
"I'm tapped out," breathes Kama, already showing signs of fading battle lust. "Who knows how many more are sitting around inside? Maybe once we get Gundren back to Phandalin we can revisit this place, but I really don't think we want to fool around here."

The half-orc half-grins. "Plus, I've been racking up the favors that need owing. Dragons, banshees, and orcs (oh my)."
Aug 11, 2016 8:39 pm
Stormsong can't determine any clues, and the doppleganger seems to be specifically free of any clues. You are able to carry Gundren wherever you please.
OOC:
Heading to Phandalin?
Aug 11, 2016 8:41 pm
OOC:
Ideally if Xora can find a safe spot to rest, short or long (I prefer long), I say we go there. If it happens to be on the way to Phandalin, that's cool with me, too.
Aug 11, 2016 9:14 pm
OOC:
I can take a short rest and maybe take one last look around the ruins if anyone wants? I don't think I've taken any damage since the last battle...
Aug 11, 2016 9:28 pm
OOC:
There's a ton of forest around if you want to try taking a rest, just let me know :)
Aug 11, 2016 9:38 pm
OOC:
Can we take a SR and get to town before nightfall? If this is the plan, wait to add Stormsong's Song of Rest healing bonus (1d6) before spending a second HD. If we can't make it by then, LR it is.
Last edited August 11, 2016 9:39 pm
Aug 11, 2016 9:39 pm
OOC:
You're a day-and-a-half from town, do you could get a good start, but you won't get back until tomorrow either way
load next

Thread locked