Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
May 4, 2016 5:52 am
Kama slowly turns his head and looks back at the others with a wordless expression, then returns his attention to Reidoth. "Who makes alliances with dragons?"
May 4, 2016 11:17 am
I hold the bow in front of Gimblyn and show it to him as if to say "It's a bow." I actually say "Not much to look at, but this bow has saved my life many times. Perhaps it can also be used to kill a dragon."
May 4, 2016 7:29 pm
"A young green dragon, hrm..."

Gimblyn tapped his foot as he pondered what he could remember of green dragons, then reacted overly excited over the simple bow.

"Oh, ranger, this bow wont slay a dragon. You seem quite capable though. I must tell you, my next bow will be crafted for you."

He smiled again and propped his knuckles on his waist.

"Im the best bowyer around, I swear!"

The little gnome was as awkward as he was tall, though he always tended to be up front about his personality. Spending much time talking to animals didn't aid his conversations with people.

Rolls

History on green dragons - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

May 4, 2016 7:37 pm
"What do you want done with the dragon?" Kama asks of Reidoth. "Greens can be nasty, for sure, but I'm not sure what a naturist like yourself thinks of 'em."
May 4, 2016 7:47 pm
"I don't care what you do with it. Scare it away or kill it, either way is fine with me, I just want it gone. The evil races of dragons are a blight upon the world, disrupting the natural harmony with no way to stop them."

Twig doesn't know much about green dragons other than that they breath poison gas and are tough enemies.
May 4, 2016 7:52 pm
Kama huffs a breath. "Well. What can you tell us about these robed men that want to ally with it? Maybe we can play one against the other."
May 5, 2016 3:56 pm
"These cloaked figures are new to the area. They showed up several days ago, but I wouldn't go to them for help if you mean to harm the beast. I've seen their cloaks up close, they are patterned to look like a dragon's wings. I believe they may be in league with the creature, or at least seeking its favor."
OOC:
They are black cloaks, not robes. I made a mistake in my posts and I apologize :(
May 5, 2016 4:02 pm
Kama places both hands upon the knob of his axe, eyes downward in thought. He then looks up to the party, including Aoth and Twig, and speaks his thought process. "Maybe we pay these guys a visit, find out what their game is. If they're looking to chat up the dragon, maybe we can use them as bait or meat shields so we can get in close."

Then Kama turns to Reidoth. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to battle-plan in your house. Should we step outside?"
OOC:
Cloaks, robes, don't make a difference to Kama. At least, until it does.
May 7, 2016 3:51 pm
"The ones who seek favor of a dragon are the ones with their own agenda."

Tumtwig started shaking his head in agreement, then look at Kama.

"Trick them first, hopefully they are blinded by their goal... if not, you could always club them out away from our forest. There is no place for their kind here, I swear."
May 9, 2016 5:09 pm
"No, you are right to do any planning in here. Dragons have excellent hearing after all," Reidoth says, sounding amused.

"Take this," he says after several minutes of planning, he hands Kama a small handful of berries, "If you decide to fight it, throw these at the beast's feet. They will sprout and attempt to hold the creature down so you can 'negotiate'."
May 9, 2016 5:35 pm
"I always prefer a known quantity to a risky gamble uninformed. PErhaps we can have a brief conversation with our cloaked friends, and convince them to educate us on the goings-on concerning this green dragon. I would prefer, myself, to avoid any sort of conflict with large creatures of the scaled variety, but I suppose it may be worth the endeavor if the tales of dragon hordes are accurate. What say you, lads, should we confront these dastardly dragon dupes and dispel any dreams they have of dominating this druid's domicary?" Aoth wheezes on, clearly amused by his concluding alliteration.
May 9, 2016 6:29 pm
Kama nods to the druid, and pockets the berries absently into the same pouch containing his rations as he returns his attention to the plan.

"Whichever route we take, so long as we take it fast," says Kama, making a move-along gesture with his hand. "If it brings us closer to chasing down Cragmaw Castle, I'm for it. Let's find these fellows and try and get buddy-buddy."
May 10, 2016 11:32 am
Tumtwig jobs his head repeatedly throughout the conversation, though his large eyes seemed to wander around the druid's house. He was looking to see what kind of tea the man had laying around.
May 10, 2016 3:53 pm
"So, where do we go?" asks Kama, wordlessly attempting to point out that he's the stranger to these parts.
May 10, 2016 4:23 pm
"That is a choice you must make now. You may head to the castle first if you'd like, I know your friend is awaiting your rescue. Twig will prove to be a competent guide, I am sure."
May 10, 2016 4:25 pm
Kama shrugs. "I meant to find these guys with the cloaks. It sets us back a bit, but I'd rather have a committed guide later than a one distracted by a pending dragon job."
May 10, 2016 4:40 pm
"They are just on the east side of town. They don't seem to be hiding their presence, so they shouldn't be hard to find."
May 10, 2016 4:53 pm
"All right," says Kama. He turns to the rest of the group. "Short rest? Or you good to go now?"
May 10, 2016 4:55 pm
"Leave now. Done listening." I walk out and start heading east.
May 10, 2016 5:04 pm
"Let's start in the southeast," says Kama as he shoulders his greataxe and follows Xora out. "I want to see if we can find that alchemist's shop run by the Dendrars."

Before he exits, Kama looks over his shoulder and nods to Reidoth. "Thanks for your hospitality."
load next

Thread locked