Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
Apr 19, 2016 6:07 pm
Kama gasps in a breath and his eyes flash open. His last memories of blood, beak, and claw make him sit bolt upright, ready to defend the others.
OOC:
8 HP works for me!
Apr 20, 2016 1:41 pm
Kama rises to see the owlbear on its back, an arrow sticking out from its ruined eye socket. It appears that the threat has been removed.
OOC:
I'll post in a couple of hours in case there's anything you want to do before you head on
Apr 20, 2016 4:04 pm
"Good shot," admires Kama, still seated on the ground. "How's everyone?"
Apr 20, 2016 4:10 pm
Wish and Hollow appear to be pretty badly wounded as well, but are able to get around on their own. It appears that Xora's healing abilities saved more than one of you this day.
OOC:
Once we get our other players, I'm going to just fade Hollow and Wish into the background until they come back.
Apr 20, 2016 5:03 pm
"Tired. Exhausting keeping you all alive. My voice is stern but my eyes betray some lightness in this situation, now that both comrades are on their feet. "Rest or continue?"
Apr 21, 2016 1:49 pm
Wish sits down on the ground and cringes in pain, "I think we should rest here, I'm not sure we're fit to go on at the moment."

Hollow nods her agreement and sits down as well to rest.
OOC:
You can all take a short rest
Apr 21, 2016 4:37 pm
"Yeah, let's rest," says Kama. Failing to move his legs, the half-orc opts to rest against the corpse of the owlbear.

Rolls

Spending 2 HD - (2d10+4)

(23) + 4 = 9

Apr 21, 2016 4:51 pm
I keep watch around the tree line as my companions rest.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Apr 21, 2016 4:57 pm
You spend about an hour resting. After the rest, you are all feeling much better and can continue on your way.

About two hours later you find an old overgrown trail. Gradually, the trail becomes an old, overgrown lane winding between dilapidated buildings choked in vines and brush. Ahead of you, in the middle of the settlement, rises a steep hill, upon which stands a stone tower with a partially collapsed roof and an adjoining cottage. A dirt road hugs the base of the hill and wends its way between old stone houses, many of which are roofless ruins with interiors open to the weather. Other buildings appear more or less intact. The whole place is eerily silent.

A wooden sign is nailed to a post nearby. It reads:
"DANGER! Plant monsters AND zombies! Turn back now!"
Apr 21, 2016 5:04 pm
Just a short walk up the trail there is a house on the left, and one on the right.

The one on the left appears to be in better condition than the ruined and dilapidated structures nearby. The doors are reinforced with heavy iron bands, and thick shutters protect the windows.

To the right is a ruin of an old farmhouse. It is now half swallowed by a dense thicket, with trees growing up through its ruined foundations. The lane continues north a short distance to a intersection headed east and west.
Apr 21, 2016 5:05 pm
Kama spends some time reading the words, and considerable thought. Finally, he says aloud, "This is Thundertree? Or do we have much further to go? If this isn't Thundertree, I'm all for staying away."

He looks past the sign for any indications of inhabitants or movement. "If it is, what in the hells is that druid doing here?"
Apr 21, 2016 5:06 pm
OOC:
This is Thundertree, which you know from prior conversations to be abandoned for many years now after it was in the path of an erupting volcano to the north.
Apr 21, 2016 5:23 pm
As you stand and debate what you're going to do, you suddenly hear a shout from the ruined farmhouse to your right.

Naatkinson sent a note to luchadorjose
Apr 21, 2016 6:16 pm
"I DEMAND THAT YOU DESIST, you hostile hydrangeas!"
Last edited April 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Apr 21, 2016 6:24 pm
Kama leans towards Xora. "Was that to me? Is hydrangea some new swear word about half-orcs?"
Apr 21, 2016 6:35 pm
"I'm unfamiliar with that term being used in such a way. Hmm." Hydrangea. Sounds familiar. In fact, it could be something very dangerous. "Perhaps someone is in need of assistance?"
Last edited April 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Rolls

Nature check - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Apr 21, 2016 6:40 pm
"Well, not if they're insulting us," says Kama. He looks to the farmhouse, leaning one way to get a better view

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Apr 21, 2016 6:47 pm
Xora knows that a Hydrangea is a type of small plant. It being used in this context seems odd to you, since they're not harmful. Until you remember the sign: it said "DANGER! Plant monsters AND zombies! Turn back now!". Must be some sort of living plant monsters.

Kama can see a human in the house stabbing and dodging away from some enemy that must be below the height of the windows in the house.
Apr 21, 2016 7:07 pm
"Yeah, someone's in there dancing around. Maybe it's the druid?" Kama strides over to the front door of the farmhouse, intent on kicking it in.
Apr 21, 2016 7:40 pm
OOC:
Go ahead and make a strength check to kick the door in
load next

Thread locked