The Air Up Thaere

load previous
Mar 31, 2021 8:03 pm
The partisans could be positioning fighters, could be locking down the docking bay, could be bringing reinforcements. They could not afford to be detained here.

Wals looked back to the squad, and then to Ani, then the corridor. He took a deep breath, and then slipped out of the shaft into the corridor. Marshaling what confidence he could muster, he strode towards the entrance to the docking bay and the security personnel flanking it. He lifted his off-hand, making a contrite gesture, but did not break his stride.

"Please, stand aside. You are being used and I have no desire to harm you..."

He was prepared not to fight, prepared to convince the guards to stand aside, prepared to let them run rather than face the wrath of the Grand Army and its Jedi commanders, but a nugget of doubt and resignation coiled in his gut as he hovered his finger over the arming switch of his lightsaber in his sleeve.

Rolls

Initiative (Cool? No, not so much.)

Charm (To delay or confuse? Advantage on initiative?)

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Mar 31, 2021 9:35 pm
Lucky follows the commander out immediately. He move a brisk pace toward the guards and the docking bay.

He does not, however, wait for them to answer Wals's request. Instead, he let out a volley of stun beam at them from short range.

@Wals "Soldiers will get in trouble if they disobey order to let us pass. The merciful thing to do is to knock them out before they can do something they are gonna regret" As he says those words, Lucky has a flash of the smell of burned flesh and vision of flying limbs from the last and only time he saw the Jedi light his lightsaber.
OOC:
Incidental draw Carbine
maneuver move to short range
2nd maneuver (2 strain) aim 1 boost
Incidental aim 1 boost (SoroSuub True-Site System )
Innate Point blank (DC15A)
Innate :Quick strike (Helmet) 1 boost
autofire short range diff 2
DC15A Dmg 9, accurate 3, Pierce 1, Stun Setting
Skill 4 Agi 3, diff 2, 6 boost, - 1 setback

Result : 3 Success, 9 Advantage
Activate autofire 3 time (6 advantages) Dmg 13, 12, 12, 12 piercing 1
Spending 3 advantages for then to give less or no information to reinforcement?
Last edited March 31, 2021 9:42 pm

Rolls

Autofire (stun)

4 Success, 11 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 9 Advantage

Apr 2, 2021 5:58 pm
Burnout - Orbiting Zham Hlar, Thaere System

The two Thaerian Military guards barely had time to register Wals's calm approach and attempt at diplomacy before the hairs on the young Selonian's body raised from the blasts of blue stunning energy Lucky sent streaking by and into the stunned soldiers. Bodies convulsing uncontrollably the pair fell back into the dark, rusty wall plating to slowly slide to the floor under the Kaminoan trained soldier's abrupt violence of action.

With the whole station most likely looking for them speed seemed the most appropriate as Lucky stated as much, leaving the heavy and rusted blast door the only obstacle - in theory - between them and their shuttle.
Apr 5, 2021 3:44 pm
Ani approaches the door, bracing herself next to it and signals for the team to form up in a hostile-entry stack.

Once everyone is prepped she opens the door and heads in, on-stack.
Last edited April 5, 2021 3:45 pm
Apr 7, 2021 11:57 pm
Wals looked down at the two stunned guards, then back over his shoulder at Lucky, looking startled and somewhat bewildered. He shook his head, breath quickening, shaken out of it as he saw Ani move up. He took position on the opposite side of the door from her, watching her work the control to open it, prepared to lunge into the room and make for the ship...
Apr 8, 2021 4:01 am
GreyGriffin says:
Wals looked down at the two stunned guards, then back over his shoulder at Lucky, looking startled and somewhat bewildered. He shook his head, breath quickening, shaken out of it as he saw Ani move up. He took position on the opposite side of the door from her, watching her work the control to open it, prepared to lunge into the room and make for the ship...
Wals reaction surprised Lucky. Jedi always seemed to react the opposite of what he expected somehow. He would probably have to explain his actions better once thing settled down.

"Don't worry Commander, they'll be fine and back to full shape in a few minutes. They'll tell there comrade how they heroically fought the terrorists while outnumbered and almost had us."

Wasn't much reassurance, but it would have to do for now.

As the door was opening, a funny thought was passing in Lucky's mind. What would more awkward, losing this posting after the first mission for insubordinate behavior or having a "real talk" with a Jedi... Honestly he wasn't sure.
Apr 12, 2021 1:46 am
Thaerian Navy Docks, Burnout - Orbiting Zham Hlar, Thaere System

The doors slowly creaked open, gears groaning in protest as the heavy armored impediment slid aside. Taking no chances, despite entering what should be a safe zone even considering the convoluted politics of Burnout, the Squad had stacked up on either side for a tactical breach. Pieing the angles into the room the lead troopers could see that their shuttle was unharmed, Sarge staring grumpily out the cockpit at the two rows deep of Thaerian Navy troopers surrounding it with weapons held across their chests and facing the door. A dark furred alien, wearing goggles and a smug smile, stood at the front and beckoning for the Squad to enter with wave of his clawed hand.

"Ta'veel," Xirossk spat, eyes narrowing to mere slits.
OOC:
Sorry for the delay. Was out of town last week and had hoped to still post but it never came to fruition.

Hopefully it was clear but there are approximately 12 troopers in a semi-circle in front of your shuttle (more or less in a guard position). Ta'veel is at the front of the curve.
Apr 12, 2021 2:04 am
OOC:
What is our distance from the enemy squad?

Is the beckoning more an invitation to talk or to fight?
Apr 12, 2021 2:46 pm
Wals looked to either side of the door where the squad was stacked up. He bit one lip as he took a step into the doorway. As afraid as he was, he had a responsibility. He was a Jedi, padawan though he may be. His saber was both shield and spear, and the enemy's response to his action would give moral clarity to their position.

"Step away from the ship."

Though his move was bold, Wals stood ready to dive for cover - eyes scanning the bay for cargo or fixtures that could shield him from blaster fire, or guard his approach...
Apr 12, 2021 4:34 pm
Ani speaks sideways to Xirossk, "Who is Taveel? What power does he hold here?"
Apr 12, 2021 6:01 pm
TheVagrant says:
OOC:
What is our distance from the enemy squad?

Is the beckoning more an invitation to talk or to fight?
OOC:
Medium Range Band

His motion is more of an invitation to talk. Though his body language suggest it's because he feels like he has the numbers and the advantage should it come to a fight.
Apr 12, 2021 6:07 pm
Reptilian eyes turned to Ani, softening slightly though still holding their edge, "Ta'veel is Thaerian Intelligence asss well --- though while my responsibilitiesss include external threatsss, hisss lean more to internal sssecurity.

"What power he holdsss isss from the fear of what he might report ... sss."
Apr 12, 2021 9:20 pm
Lucky stepped in without hesitation, instantly following his commander. His weapon resting comfortably in his hand, ready for action at a moment's notice, confidently backing Wals's statement.

For clones trained to fight against endless waves of clankers, being outnumbered only by this much was favorable odds. It was probably even more so for Jedis.

Lucky's threat moniter scanned quickly the hangar for signs of heavy weapons positioned in support of the Thearian squad. That could explain their confidence.

Still, even if they won, there was no guarantee there wouldn't be casualties. They could only trust in their training.

Rolls

Perception

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Apr 12, 2021 10:02 pm
By the dour expression on her face, Ani doesn't anticipate this negotiation going well, 'They've already declared us terrorists, and given themselves the "cover story" they need to capture or kill us.'

Ani speaks low into her comms as she walks forward but keeping cover nearby, "Sarge, get your weapons systems up... be prepared to provide a distraction from our bird..."

She signals for the team to take up cover or defensive positions, even dropping prone would help, then she raises her voice to Taveel.

"Intelligence Officer... I hope it was not you who issued this scurrilous libel about our retinue being terrorists?

We have captured your colleague, a saboteur to our vessel. And we will be taking him to face appropriate consequences.

You will stand aside and let us onto our ship.
", she places the weight of the Force into her last words, trying to use it to push his mind into that decision.
OOC:
Gonna try the good ol' mind trick here. What's the Difficulty? If I get at least one light pip, I'll use Conflict if necessary to trigger a second pip to be able to use the Power at Range... If I get no light pips, I won't trigger the Power.

Alright, not activating the Power. I'll throw out a Leadership check at least to go with the words? Adding a Boost for Wals' order?

Adding Strain recovery roll here...
Last edited April 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Rolls

Influence power, control upgrade

2 Black Force Points

Leadership

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Discipline, simple

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Apr 15, 2021 1:07 am

Unfazed, his sense of duty outweighing whatever doubt or danger Ta'veel and his squad arrayed protectively before their shuttle, Wals stepped through the portal and confidently beckoned for the intelligence officer to move aside - Lucky followed the young Padawan in, taking inventory from his HUD of what other dangers might be presented within the large shuttle bay and confirming none. Ani seized the advantage of her fellow Padawan and trooper's bold advance, reiterating the command to step away - but not before ordering Sarge to power up the weapons.

"Way ahead of you sir," came the grizzled sergeants response.

Reaching out with the Force, the young Twi'lek, attempted to strengthen her command, finding that her frustration with the current situation threatened to overwhelm her.

The prospect of facing two Jedi and heavily armored soldiers humbled the Thearian officer, his earlier confidence wavering, his eyes flicking nervously to the troopers under his command who themselves began to break formation slightly, their movements now unsure.

Rolls

Lucky Perception Difficulty (Avg)

2 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Ta'veel opposed roll Discipline

4 Threat

Total: 4 Threat

Apr 16, 2021 3:40 am
"No additional threat present in the hangar. Ready to charge in and disrupt their formation on your mark." relay Lucky to the squad.

At Ani's signal to take cover, Lucky suggest to Knuckles to take cover with the "prisoner" and to Arius to take a supporting fire position. He himself will stay in front, acting as bodyguard and additional "show of force" to his Jedi commanders, as long as Wals and Ani stay in open position themselves.
Apr 16, 2021 3:31 pm
Seeing the officer's hesitation, Ani pushes the tactic, she walks up to stand before him her arms folded behind her back...

"Just so, officer. This needn't come to an exercise of force, yes?

Now, you will take your men and stand aside.
"

Again, Ani threads the fingers of the Force into her words, trying to bend the Thaerian's mind to her will.
OOC:
So, if I'm able to move and stand before him, that can put me at Engaged range. So I'll roll the Force check, and if I don't get a light pip, I'll use a dark pip to trigger the power, to make him believe he wishes to stand aside. Take the Conflict, Strain, and flip the Destiny.

Since I'm triggering the Power no matter what, I'll also roll the opposed Discipline with it. Takes a success on that still for the power to work.

I have the Sense Danger talent, so if I have any Setbacks on the check due to his orders, or determination, or anything, I can remove up to two of them.

Here goes nothing!

Rolls

Influence Power check, Discipline

4 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat, 2 Black Force Points

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Apr 18, 2021 1:15 am

Hearing Luky's report Ani strode confidently forward to stand before the dark furred intelligence officer, piercing gaze penetrating the shaded googles the office was wearing as she reached out through the Force - her frustration at the mission and lack of confidence in the Thaerians as legitimate allies bleeding through - to touch Ta'veel's mind like a sharp pointed pin. His eyes widened in fear as he stepped back, shying away from the young Twi'lek who had moved to confront him. Worried eyes met those of his subordinates, a nervous and shaky hand coming up to shoo them aside.

Through the Force, Ani could feel him shrink under her frustrations, his weaker mind cowed from her overpowering suggestion. Seeing a break in the formation, Knuckles smartly began to move forward - his emphatic shoves of Xirossk more for show than actual force as the Trandoshan was more than happy to be away from the corrupt station - his weapon trained and unneeded as he made the safety of the ramp, Sarge covering from the door.
Apr 20, 2021 1:18 am
Lucky kept a watchful eyes on the outmatched Thearian soldier as the squad proceeded to board the ship. He made sure that everybody was inside before getting in and giving the all clear to their sergeant.

Well, both their commander were able and willing to lead the charge and bring victory, each in their own way. In this case, it was a victory obtained without shedding clone blood, for which Lucky was deeply appreciative.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.