Set up thread for runekyndig

load previous
Mar 8, 2021 12:36 pm
If we are going to solve this quickly, I think we should try to sneak into the gated side. We don't have time to stop and answer questions. If we do, I assume that you will handle it, as I move forward.
Sounds good?

If there is no objections, that is the plan
Mar 9, 2021 12:35 pm
He agrees, and you two move down towards the stretch of road splitting the compounds. There is some workers at a distance, who find themselves having to pause their work due to the ongoing alarms. Despite this, it still is worth it to avoid detection. Also, you have to figure out how you will pass through the wire fensing. It is about 2 metres tall, and has barbed wire on top.
OOC:
Roll to stealth by, the Sgt. will follow your lead(difficulty tier 2) . And if you succeed, roll to do your method of getting through.
Mar 9, 2021 12:57 pm
Sam has her head down and moves forward.
As she reaches the fence, she takes out her leatherman
OOC:
Sam is stilled in "all stealth tasks" lowering diff to tier 1

I took "hunting knife" as gear as it was a weapon in the list. But given her stealthiness, I find it more fitting for it to be the largest leatherman multitool you can get
[ +- ] image
Last edited March 9, 2021 1:03 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20)

(7) = 7

lockpicking / byparse fence - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Mar 11, 2021 5:58 am
Moving through the quiet path is easy, the low light and the backs of buildings is not an attractive place to look at. At the wire fense, Sam/Amanda takes out her large tool and begin using the cutters on the wire. Fortunately, electricity doesn't run through it, though her knowledge in lock picking doesn't lend itself well in creating a hole to pass through. However, with her ability to visualise the best lines to cut to produce an opening, she worked efficiently enough. By the time Sgt Leitnoff taps your shoulder to whisper to you that someone is approaching, you rip out the mesh before you two quickly crouch through.
OOC:
I'll say instead of Lock picking, you use your special ability of illusion and trickery.
You are now next to the back of the bathroom shack. The lighting here is Dim Light. The direction of the warehouse is towards the centre of the compound. A worker is strolling his way from within the neighbouring compound towards the area where the opening is, which the cutout is lying next to. What might your move be?
Mar 11, 2021 7:45 pm
The hard part is over. They are inside. Now they just have to move in a brisk determined way. They are by all rights with the security of this company.
You there! Sam walks purposely towards the worker, making sure that her id card is dangling enough for him to see that she has it. Security, have you seen anyone on the premises?
Before he really has a chance to answer, she continues. We have discovered a breach in the fence She points to her collage Sgt. Leitnoff. Could you fetch some plywood to close the gab, while she checks the area? Thank you!
She then calls to Sgt. Leitnoff and head off towards the central building.
OOC:
I was wondering how I could use the illusion in illusion and trickery, but is really a good example of a modern illusion

Rolls

Fasttalking-I-belong-here - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Mar 12, 2021 8:12 am
The worker was surprised when Sam called him, but upon seeing the card and her explanation, he nods in understanding. As Sam leaves, she hears the Sgt continues talking with the worker. It sounds like the man is asking about the situation, and Leitnoff is assuring that things are under control.

As Sam moves across to the target warehouse, she can see to her left, the entrance gate is crowded with uniformed workers and armed security chatting loudly with each other as the complex is blocked off. Sam will have to cross the open space, where she may be seen by the distant crowd.

Also, from her position, she could see the entrance into the warehouse is glowing green. Also, there are 2 monsters patrolling outside. They look like naked leathery humanoids, except that they have massive club like arms. Their faces are blank, and don't seem to notice Sam. What might she do?
Mar 12, 2021 8:20 am
RoAries sent a note to RoAries
Mar 12, 2021 6:30 pm
OOC:
I'm I understanding it right, that there are 2 monsters and a calm crowd?
Mar 16, 2021 8:01 am
OOC:
Yes, the two monsters appeared calm. But the crowd looks anxious, but not causing a ruckus as the guards are carrying guns. The guards are not wearing the company uniforms, and are busy trying to both keep an eye on the compound, and dealing with the confused workers outside. Also, a number of burnt and crushed bodies can be seen smeared around the area.

BTW, I shall count that an hour has passed for the case of any armour penalty.
Mar 16, 2021 9:34 pm
The monsters are an oddity, but not her main concern. Sam looks up, so find another way in, perhaps via roofs or gangways. She doesn't want to waste time with the crowd and monsters as they seem to have each other's attention.
OOC:
She will take a sneaky approach, get into the warehouse without the monster or crowd being any wise.
Inability: You’re sneaky but not fast. The difficulty of all movement-related tasks is one step higher for you.
Last edited March 16, 2021 9:35 pm

Rolls

Taking the sneaky way in - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Mar 20, 2021 6:27 am
The layout is not that easy to traverse, but Sam manages to find a way. She keeps her profile low, evading the notice of the people outside. She then climbs up the side scaffolding to get up into the second level of the outside catwalk. As she approaches the door to get in, she hears an inhuman moaning coming from the other side. What would she do?
Mar 20, 2021 11:38 am
She sticks to the plan of entering the door. She now just has her gun ready. She carefully opens the door, ready for anything (hopefully)
Mar 22, 2021 8:05 am
Sam opens the door... To be met face to face with a naked crouched creature. It has the body of a malnourished woman, but her face is a hairless glowing hole. As the creature moans louder, the light in the massive hole grows brighter. There is some shouting from within the warehouse, but Sam's senses is now focused on the thing infront of her...
OOC:
I'll allow one more action before something happens...
Mar 22, 2021 9:17 pm
Sam tries to read the creature, its body langue, its stance, its imprint on this reality. What are you? Why are you here?
Her pistol is trained just below the creature, ready to quickly raise and fire, should it become hostile.
[ +- ] Premonition

Rolls

What it the creature and what does it want? - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Mar 29, 2021 1:32 pm
Looking into the creature, Sam draws out the immediate thought process of it. "Kill the intruder. Kill it with my agony and hatred made manifest."

Sam then realises that the face-hole of the creature is its weapon.
OOC:
make a speed defense roll. And you can make your action again.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.