Interest Check: 5e custom Eberron campaign

Dec 27, 2020 3:39 am
Hey all,

I've been bouncing an idea around in my head for the better part of a year, and thought I'd put it out for an interest check.

The idea is that the PCs in this game would be working for a half-ogre who runs her own mercenary company in Starilaskur, which is a fairly significant city in northern Breland on the continent of Khorvaire. Players would be sent out on missions - mini-adventures - then go back to HQ for rewards and debriefing. Some missions would be combat-heavy; some would be more diplomatic (and therefore RP-heavy). There's no guarantee of trips to the Mournland but it's not ruled out, either...

Without spoiling things, there would be an overarching theme that the PCs would either figure out for themselves, or would be presented with.

I'd be looking for a max of 6 players, one character each - starting at level 6 - with a posting frequency of 2-3 times a week, which would be somewhat enforced in order to keep things moving along. OOC would be covered via a Discord server, and character sheets would be added to a Beyond campaign that I've set up with content sharing (I own most of the sourcebooks).

I wouldn't be starting til the new year, though.

Thoughts? Comments?
Dec 27, 2020 3:43 am
I love to do Eberron. Last two attempts didn't get very far at all. I'm a big fan of the 3.5e of it.

Len

Dec 27, 2020 5:21 am
I would love to join you on this adventure. Eberron is one of my favorite settings, and a mercenary game would be a cool way to explore it. Fun news: Keith Baker announced his next DMs Guild product will be about frontier towns on the Breeland-Droam border!
Dec 27, 2020 5:35 am
I miss Eberron. If you'll have me, I'm in!
Dec 27, 2020 7:52 am
Would love to play some Eberron. Its one of my faveorite settings
DNDbeyond - I'm a happy user
Discord - Also a user there
Last edited December 27, 2020 11:23 am
Dec 27, 2020 10:55 am
I would love to join as well!
Dec 27, 2020 11:22 am
Im down, and I do have all the beyond content if needed. Though I'm fairly green when it comes to Eberron
Dec 27, 2020 1:31 pm
I love Eberron too, and with that posting rate, I think I can fit another game into my calendar. :)
Dec 27, 2020 6:25 pm
lenpelletier says:
Fun news: Keith Baker announced his next DMs Guild product will be about frontier towns on the Breeland-Droam border!
That's awesome, thanks for the heads-up! The 'round-the-table Eberron campaign I was in from 2016-2017 had a fair bit of action in Droam. Fun times!
Dec 27, 2020 6:27 pm
To all who replied: Thank you so much for your interest. Please allow me to get through the holidays and settled back into the work routine in the new year, then finish set-up. Once done, I will post in this thread, in order to give those expressing early interest a chance to apply. Please subscribe to this thread for the signal!

Happy Holidays!
Dec 28, 2020 5:27 am
Would be very interested in joining this
Dec 29, 2020 7:32 pm
Throwing my name in the hat if you have room.
Dec 29, 2020 11:15 pm
Id be interested. I have a eberron bard ready to play. House Medani with ties to Cyre. Let me know if you have room.
Jan 5, 2021 5:25 am
I'd really like to join as well. I just joined this site and I have a House Lyrandar half-elf storm sorcerer already prepared.
Jan 19, 2021 6:23 am
I haven't heard any news... but waiting.

Len

Jan 19, 2021 6:27 am
The zzz's beside fearghas.mackenna's name imply that he hasn't logged in for 2 weeks, but he did say he wouldn't start the game until some time into the new year.
Jan 19, 2021 7:54 am
lenpelletier says:
The zzz's beside fearghas.mackenna's name imply that he hasn't logged in for 2 weeks, but he did say he wouldn't start the game until some time into the new year.
Yes the Zzz's just came on :/
Jan 19, 2021 10:18 am
Alas, our thumb twiddling must continue! Woe is us!
Jan 20, 2021 4:17 am
Apologies, folks! RealLife(tm) got more complicated during/after the holidays than I'd anticipated.

Here's where things stand:
- campaign on Beyond is set up
- Discord server for keeping easy track of house rules/character creation guidelines/NPC info/initiative tracking/downtime RP/etc. is done
- house rules & chargen info is pretty much settled

What's left before I'd feel comfortable starting the game:
- finalize key NPC stats (mostly done)
- finish GamersPlane game info text (about half-done)
- finish intro GM post (nearly complete)
- write the outline of at least the first full mission - I have a slate of ~70 mission hooks that I've been picking away at, in between RealLife(tm) things

I'm aiming to have all of this done by the end of this coming weekend, if not sooner.

I've also been considering, given the interest so far, of possibly - possibly - starting a second game with a second team. I'd like to see how this concept actually works before committing to that.

Will check in soon!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.