Interest Check: 5e custom Eberron campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 22, 2021 2:20 am
I would go psiknight or soulknife/phantom. Phantom would be fun for an Aerenal elf or to flavor as a revived Mark of Death.
Jan 22, 2021 3:40 am
fearghas.mackenna says:
What's left before I'd feel comfortable starting the game:
- finalize key NPC stats (mostly done)
- finish GamersPlane game info text (about half-done)
- finish intro GM post (nearly complete)
- write the outline of at least the first full mission - I have a slate of ~70 mission hooks that I've been picking away at, in between RealLife(tm) things
Update:
- all key NPC bios done
- 2/5 combat-capable NPCs' character sheets done
- GamersPlane game info text basically done (need to actually populate it to see how I feel about it)
- GM intro post done

I'm going to get the last three characters populated into my Beyond library probably tomorrow; after that, all that's left is writing up a preliminary mission.

Apologies for appearing like a gigantic tease, but I felt it right to keep folks updated since there's a keen interest for this idea.

More soon!

Len

Jan 22, 2021 4:00 am
fearghas.mackenna says:
Apologies for appearing like a gigantic tease, but I felt it right to keep folks updated since there's a keen interest for this idea.
No worries. Expectations are in check.
Jan 22, 2021 12:58 pm
Eagerly awaiting what you come up with!

I haven't given a character much thought yet, but this seems like a great game to try out a changeling! And with all the magic kids in town, I wouldn't mind being one of the more martial classes.
Jan 22, 2021 4:26 pm
Khulod says:
Eagerly awaiting what you come up with!

I haven't given a character much thought yet, but this seems like a great game to try out a changeling! And with all the magic kids in town, I wouldn't mind being one of the more martial classes.
Changeling would certainly be of benefit for some of the less-combat-oriented hooks I have planned... ;)
Jan 22, 2021 4:47 pm
I'm considering a paladin, who manifested his(or her) dragonmark, and never got to take the oath. The dragonmark sparked his/her magic development into a sorcerer. Pal lev2 / sorcerer lev4. So this will be a mixed character.
But what house/rase that is undecided until I hear fearghas.mackenna's pitch
Jan 22, 2021 5:12 pm
Smiles.. my sorcerer is a changling.
Jan 22, 2021 8:17 pm
Plot twist, we are ALL changelings... or are we? o.O
Jan 23, 2021 2:50 pm
Khulod says:
Nobody expects the Traveler’s Inquisition.
Jan 23, 2021 2:53 pm
If there ends up being a second team (or sports in the first); please keep me in mind!
Jan 23, 2021 3:37 pm
For my changeling I'm thinking Hexblade warlock, and taking ALL the social cookies. And I'm going to eat them, and they shall be delicious.
Jan 23, 2021 4:23 pm
Khulod says:
For my changeling I'm thinking Hexblade warlock, and taking ALL the social cookies. And I'm going to eat them, and they shall be delicious.
Mmmm... Cookies.
Jan 23, 2021 7:51 pm
Khulod says:
Danm you - Now I am considering a changeling, who just wanted to be normal and part of a community. Joined a militant group of the silverflame and left(deserted) when sorcerer abilities showed up
Jan 23, 2021 8:53 pm
We're out of cookies though.

Len

Jan 23, 2021 11:02 pm
I love the changeling lore that Keith Baker has out out over the years. Most recently, Exploring Eberron introduced some changeling-specific feats and backgrounds to tie that lore to character mechanics.
Jan 24, 2021 12:44 pm
Wait.. are we all changeling now?
Jan 24, 2021 2:21 pm
Are we!? 0.o

But no, I'm the only confirmed changeling so far. *X-Files theme*
Jan 24, 2021 6:26 pm
Im' a confirmed one too.. changeling sorcerer.
Jan 24, 2021 7:08 pm
Oh, right. Are you going for the 'out and proud' kind or the 'no one knows I'm a changeling' kind?

Len

Jan 24, 2021 7:38 pm
Now I have to figure out what kind of artificer would be cavorting with these changelings! I get the feeling we were a Mission Impossible style special operations team during the war. Maybe made up of undesirables and therefore disposable and deniable. I could see being a warforged in that scenario. (Just throwing out ideas, please feel free to veto or propose different ideas)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.